Paulding.com

Is that one an actual Easter egg "HUNT" or a scramble? Over the past several years, most places scatter the eggs on a big field to be scooped up all at once, or they do a helicopter drop on a field. It's interesting watching a field get cleared by hundreds of kids in only a matter of seconds. I've seen aggressive older kids with full baskets and less aggressive younger kids wind up with nothing. I miss the Easter Egg hunts - a little more work, but a little more fun and it lasts longer.

Is that one an actual Easter egg "HUNT" or a scramble? Over the past several years, most places scatter the eggs on a big field to be scooped up all at once, or they do a helicopter drop on a field. It's interesting watching a field get cleared by hundreds of kids in only a matter of seconds. I've seen aggressive older kids with full baskets and less aggressive younger kids wind up with nothing. I miss the Easter Egg hunts - a little more work, but a little more fun and it lasts longer.

Its a scramble. All of the community wide ones I've seen advertised this year are. Some churches do "hunts" for their congregations but I doubt you'll see a hunt open to the public. Some kids (and adults too) are absolutely nutso charging after these eggs.

After waiting patiently for over an hour on a field with 100+ other kids last year to leave with less than 10 eggs and a true fear for our safety we're opting out of the craziness this year! (this was at the Hiram ball fields- NOT the White Oak event)

I'll do my own hunt in the backyard. The kids love to hide/find the eggs over and over again.

Edited by firehouse

Last year we went to the one in Hiram and then later went to the one at White Oak Park. The one in Hiram was AWFUL! Complete ciaos and totally ridiculous! The one at White Oak was much more organized and they have the fields divided up into age groups. My daughter feared for her life in Hiram. However; when we left White Oak, she said that was a good egg hunt.

EGGSTRAVAGANZA EASTER EGG HUNT @ Jump 4 Joey

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Egg hunt will be INSIDE

Egg hunt times:

Ages 0-3 @10:00am

Ages 4-7 @11:00am

Ages 8-12 @12:00pm

Admission will be discounted for this day.

Ages 1-3= $3.00+tax=$3.21,

Ages 4-17=$5.00+tax=$5.35

**The Easter Bunny will be here so if you want pictures, please bring your cameras. The hunt begins at 10am sharp, 11am sharp and 12pm sharp. Be sure to get to J4J on time! Cause once the last egg is picked up, the hunt is Over.

Jump 4 Joey will be open 9am-9pm on April 23, 2010 and you may stay and play all day!

CHILDREN MAY ENTER J4J FOR THE EGGSTRAVAGANZA PRICE FOR THE ENTIRE DAY ON SATURDAY, APRIL 23, 2011! Admission pays for the egg hunt and all day play and exercise!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Jump 4 Joey wants to promote healthy eating and exercise and we felt really bad about putting candy in all of the eggs; so the eggs will mostly contain toys and passes for free "stuff" (Free entry passes, free Joey t-shirts, free icees, free fountain drinks, free popcorn, etc) and a few eggs will have candy.

Even though a few of the prize egg passes aren't completely healthy, we hope they burn off the calories jumping and playing here before they get home.

Admission pays for an entire day of entertainment!

Jump 4 Joey 782 Cleburne Pkwy, Hiram, GA 30141 770-222-JUMP(5867)

Last year we went to the one in Hiram and then later went to the one at White Oak Park. The one in Hiram was AWFUL! Complete ciaos and totally ridiculous! The one at White Oak was much more organized and they have the fields divided up into age groups. My daughter feared for her life in Hiram. However; when we left White Oak, she said that was a good egg hunt.

We went to this one too at Hiram. I was SO UPSET! Lost kids at the small kid hunt and the did all the hunts at once. I had kids with me from 3-12! After waiting FOREVER to have the hunt even AFTER there were eggs laid out the older ones left with nothing. Won't go back!!!

We did the one at Ben Strickland Park year before last where they dropped the eggs from the helicopter. What a nightmare!! The adults were acting crazy!! The little ones barely got any eggs. Last year, we did White Oak Park and were very pleased. We like the fact that the ages are divided up and the times are staggerd. The kids really liked it because they actually got some eggs. We're definitely going back again this year.

We have 26,000 eggs this year for the White Oak Park Hunt! Thanks for all the wonderful comments and support. We, Parks & Recreation Staff, do our best to try and make our annual hunt safe, fun and organized! Thanks again and see you later today!!!!

...Some churches do "hunts" for their congregations but I doubt you'll see a hunt open to the public...

West Ridge Church West Campus @ Poole Elementry is having an Easter Egg Hunt Sunday between the end of the 9:15 service and beginning of the 11:15 service. Everyone is invited.