Paulding.com

I'm so sorry. I so know what you are going through right now....

My Mom is 82 and is currently in Cherokee Northside....she had a heart attack and a stroke last night and today they took her off of life support. She has no circulation in her legs...her kidneys are working at <60% ...... her lungs are <40%. She is essentially unconscious. She probably will not last through the night.

Praying for you and your mom too :wub:

My Mom is 82 and is currently in Cherokee Northside....she had a heart attack and a stroke last night and today they took her off of life support. She has no circulation in her legs...her kidneys are working at <60% ...... her lungs are <40%. She is essentially unconscious. She probably will not last through the night.

What am I going to do without my Mom?????? I'm so sad. I haven't seen her in two years...since moving up here. ...and now I won't. It is truly a Rainy Night in GA.

I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Girl, I couldn't help but think about you last night after reading this. You're in my prayers as well.

How is your mom? Can you come home? Do you need help getting here?

Please let us know, I couldn't imagine not being able to get to my mother in her time of need.

:wub:

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!

What am I going to do without my Mom?????? I'm so sad. I haven't seen her in two years...since moving up here. ...and now I won't. It is truly a Rainy Night in GA.

If there is anything I can do, please just ask. I can't imagine being that far away and feeling helpless :(

Girl, I couldn't help but think about you last night after reading this. You're in my prayers as well.

How is your mom? Can you come home? Do you need help getting here?

Please let us know, I couldn't imagine not being able to get to my mother in her time of need.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers!!

You are both in my thoughts this morning. From my own experience, it is not just their time of need but it becomes your time of need. You really need that time with them because you will regret not being able to tell them how much you love them and to be able to hug them at least one more time. I will be praying for you Lowrider and PWilhelm and I hope that you get to spend some real quality time with your mothers.

Lowrider you and your Mom will be in my thoughts and prayers. {{{HUGS}}}. Try your best to enjoy the time you have together. Taking her the home cooking sounds like a real good idea. Beans and cornbread.

I lost my Mom to a chronic illness twenty years ago this July. I miss her everyday. I only wish that we could have brought her home to pass.

Grab all the hugs and I love you's you can. Please hug her once for me too! I am so sorry you are going through this. Please know that you are not alone.

Praying for you Lowrider. I went through the same thing with my mom. She was only 52. Here I am 16 years later and going through it with my dad now. He is also in the hospital and not sure when he will be home either.

Prayers going up. If you need anything...just let us know!!!

Thank you all so much for your prayers and thoughts.

I met with her pulmonologist yesterday at the hospital. I asked him about Dr. Soltan (Oncologist) and he said that was who he was going to recommend.

He called him right then and there and ask him to come by and see my mother.

Dr. Soltan called me late yesterday to let me know that he had visited her. He advised me that she is so weak that she is not a canidate for any type of treatment, which I already knew.

Her cancer has spread to the other lung, the lining of the lung and the lymph nodes.

She will be coming home with Hospice.

This is so hard. I walked into her room yesterday and started crying, thankfully she was asleep, and I thought to myself "I can't do this", but of course I can, and I will.

All she wants to do is come home, so today I'm going to work on getting her home.

I need your prayers.

Just to add: I think my mother already knew. I knew she didn't feel good and she was sleeping a lot, why didn't I know? She had a PET scan last summer and it was clear, didn't show anything. Now I sit here and question myself why didn't I know, why didn't I spend more time, why didn't I do this and why didn't I do that? I should have done more, but what? And then I have to tell myself that I didn't know and I did everything I could have.

Got you in my prayers as well, P.

My heart is breaking for you. We went through this last year with my "mother" in law. Please, do not beat yourself up or feel guilty about anything you didn't do.

I'm sure you have been a wonderful daughter. How could you have known anything was wrong, it happened so fast. Be with her as much as possible, as you know, every moment is even more precious now. I pray that God gives you strength to get through this. I also pray that she doesen't have to endure any pain or suffering. Your mom is very lucky to have you with her. I only know you from on here but if you need ANYTHING, please pm me. I have been where you are and I am a great listener. Sometimes you just need someone to listen and someone to pour your heart out to. I am very sincere with my offer. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dear mother. God Bless you and your family. Love, Dana

You and your mother will be in my thoughts.

May you have the time to resolve issues and make some great memories., hope you have some time to get the stories she knows.

Please let us know if you need anything.

(((I'm sure you have already done this in the background, but I hear LR is a wonderful sitter/let you get some personal time)))