Paulding.com

Steve Duke, age 60, of Dallas, GA, passed away Thursday, March 17, 2011. He was born April 26, 1950, in Austell, GA, to Lou Cinda Brooks Duke and the late, Herbert Lee Duke. Mr. Duke was a member of Unity Baptist Church. He worked for G. E. for 30 years, as a forklift driver.

Survivors include his son, Matthew Duke of Yorkville, GA; daughters & sons-in-law, Merrie Beth Hay of Hiram, GA, Micki Deanne & Brian Lee Camp of Temple, GA and Stephenie & Todd Voyles of Dallas, GA; mother, Lou Cinda Duke of Hiram, GA; step-father, Russell Marlow of Hiram, GA;

sisters & brother-in-law, Melissa Osborne of Hiram, GA and Cheryl & Bobby Reaid of Hiram, GA; special friend, Judy Greeson of Dallas, GA; nine grandchildren; nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be Monday, March 21, 2011, at 3:00 PM, from Unity Baptist Church, with Reverend Donald Voyles and Reverend Todd Voyles officiating. Interment will follow in Poplar Springs Church Cemetery. Matthew Duke, Brian Camp, Bobby Reaid, Brad Donachie, Jesse Reaid and Joe Fortenberry will serve as pallbearers. The family will receive friends at the Clark Funeral Home on Sunday, March 20, 2011, from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM.

Clark Funeral Home, Hiram, GA, is in charge of the arrangements.

(www.samclarkfuneralhome.com)

This has been a very hard loss for our family. Steve was a great man. He was a man of God, he loved his family, unconditionally. His children were the Jewels on his crown. He was so very proud of all of them. They are devastated. He loved those grandchildren. He was very involved in their lives. They will miss their Paw-Paw Steve. Several years ago he re-stored his friendship with his exwife, the mother of his 4 children. Now, they are apart again. As a big brother, I could not have asked for a better one.I know cheryl feels the same way. And we are lost without him. His 3 nieces & Nephew will miss him terribly. He was an awesome uncle. and his 2 great Niece & nephew, they loved him so much. As a son, he was a great one. Mom & Dad were always very proud of him. Losing a child, there is nothing worse. We all are heartbroken. Thank you for all your prayers and thoughts.

Love to all,

The Duke Family

Mr. Steve was a great man. He was a very quiet man, but his life was spoken by example very loudly. He has wonderful childern and grand children. He was a member of our church. He was one of the leaders of our RA Boys, he was a choir member, and was a very faithful member. You could count on Steve Duke to be there. I hope he knows how much he was loved by all and will be missed. His character was always special to me. I saw something in his quiteness, yet so genuine that impressed my life. We loved to joke with him because even though he was so quiet, he loved to laugh and have fun. Steve, you will live on in our memories forever. We are praying for all the family and friends of this great man.

• Like 1