Paulding.com

The rest, isolation and pain meds did not work

That is some great news. Maybe she may hang on a while longer then? Tell your hubby that Hoss moved to 3 different spots last night. I haven't seen him get up but to get to these spots I would think he had to.

I would seem that yesterday was a special gift.

This morning it is very bad.

I think the tranquilizer was a help, but keeping a dog that doped up is no life.

We are getting ready to go to Dr.Judy's.

Thank you all for sharing.

I am so sorry Ms Laurie - Your love for your pets is an inspiration - God placed a sweet new baby in your care to help fill a painful place being created now. No new baby will ever replace, but when it crawls in your arms, it will ease that awful emptiness. Rach and I extend our prayers. Please know in your heart, the love you gave your ChiChi was minimal compaired to the love she has for you.

HUGGGGGG......

I am so sorry Ms Laurie - Your love for your pets is an inspiration - God placed a sweet new baby in your care to help fill a painful place being created now. No new baby will ever replace, but when it crawls in your arms, it will ease that awful emptiness. Rach and I extend our prayers. Please know in your heart, the love you gave your ChiChi was minimal compaired to the love she has for you.

HUGGGGGG......

Thank you, Teila was so sweet and concerned when Chi would cry out.

When we brought her home and laid her out for the others to know she was gone, Teila pushed her little nose against her as if to say goodbye.

It never gets any easier, but they get so tensed and stressed when they are in pain, It is almost a relief when they relax and you can hold them close with out hurting them anymore.

We got to hold her close for a little while and it is a comfort to have that in the end.

All the understanding from everyone has been a comfort, this is so hard, we have done it many times and will do it many more.

Their love is so unconditional and precious I can't imagine not having them to care for.

Thank you, Teila was so sweet and concerned when Chi would cry out.

When we brought her home and laid her out for the others to know she was gone, Teila pushed her little nose against her as if to say goodbye.

It never gets any easier, but they get so tensed and stressed when they are in pain, It is almost a relief when they relax and you can hold them close with out hurting them anymore.

We got to hold her close for a little while and it is a comfort to have that in the end.

All the understanding from everyone has been a comfort, this is so hard, we have done it many times and will do it many more.

Their love is so unconditional and precious I can't imagine not having them to care for.

I am so sad for you. We have never had to make that decision, but I know it's coming with our old faithful, mutty dog, Hanson.

You're going to miss her, but be at peace with your decision, it was the right one. As I said before, this is one reason being an adult sucks sometimes!! :wub:

You are a brave lady Ms Laurie - I know it has been tough - Didnt you guys just adopt a new puppy ? The cutie with a snipped ear? She will be a great source of comfort now - her baby antics and youthful zest - again, not a replacement but a new begginning - Teila, and the others understood the pain and the pending separation - Our prayers for you and a comfort that you did a good thing for a bad situation are there -

LPPT I am so sorry... I think our pets are a lot like humans... God gives them that one last good day before he calls them home..

My heart hurts for you... those little chi's will grab a hold of your heart and they do not let go.

I'm so sorry. I can't imagine what will happen when the time comes to put one of my furkids down. Two years ago, I found out my wife had Multiple Sclerosis, and it's gotten worse. Our animals have been a great source of comfort during a sad and trying time. My wife has been hospitalized for quite some time now and I'm not sure when and if she'll come home. My animals have kept me company in a lonely house and licked my tears. I can't imagine one of them being gone. Good luck.

Thank you all for your kind words, I know we did the right thing the only thing we could do.

We have to be brave, even though our heart is breaking.

Unconditional love comes with a promise that you will not let them suffer.They don't understand why they hurt or can't get around.

My husband is still taking it very hard, he feels guilty about not doing the surgery.

She had some degeneration in her other legs and was not active at all, he didn't want to see these things.

I know in my heart it would have been wrong to buy her more time.

Laurie,

I know you and your husband are hurting tonight and will for awhile.

I believe with all my heart that God gave us these precious babies to teach us things that we can not get from another human being.

Unconditional love, total dependency on us and the truest form of love from us in letting them go when it is their time.

You did all the right things. :wub:

Even though we know we're doing the right thing for our furbabies when we have to make that decision, it leaves us with an almost unbearably broken heart. Take comfort from your memories of her and know that you will see her again one day - completely healed and pain-free! {{{{{{hugs}}}}}} :wub: