Paulding.com

It's a conspiracy, no cure for a cold. Yea right.

With all the medical advancements over the years I find it hard to believe nobody has stumbled upon a cure for the common cold. I think they have and the OTC cold remedy companies paid someone to keep in hush hush. :angry2:

Yes, I have a cold. first one in about 2 years. Everyone in my house has it except hubs. Even the baby. :( I HATE COLDS. I have dr. diagnosed small nasal passages. :D It dosen't take much to stop me up completely.

Go buy some Cold-eze Zinc Lozenges. The Walmart brand zinc lozenges work just as well, too. I promise you they work!!! They really do reduce the duration of a cold if you start using them within a day or so of getting sick. I keep a box of them in my medicine cabinet. :good:

Edited by elliesgranny

Go buy some Cold-eze Zinc Lozenges. The Walmart brand zinc lozenges work just as well, too. I promise you they work!!! They really do reduce the duration of a cold if you start using them within a day or so of getting sick. I keep a box of them in my medicine cabinet. :good:

Thanks, I will! I truly am miserable when I have a cold and taking care of a baby all day while feeling like crapola is no fun. Whatever I can do to shorten it I will. I've already drank a carton of OJ.

Dang I thought from the title you had found a cure.

I will tell you a secret, a cold is your bodies way of removing the virus from your nasal passages, the dryer you make them the slower the process of removal, the longer the cold last.

Allergies are different the body often will never stop reacting so antihistamines are appropriate for relief.

The use of sea salt in a steaming vapor, or gargle can help the body kill of bacteria in the nasal passages and speed recovery.

This is why chicken soup helps, studies found that for some reason only the soup made by Jews helped, it was because they used sea salt.

Dang I thought from the title you had found a cure.

I will tell you a secret, a cold is your bodies way of removing the virus from your nasal passages, the dryer you make them the slower the process of removal, the longer the cold last.

Allergies are different the body often will never stop reacting so antihistamines are appropriate for relief.

The use of sea salt in a steaming vapor, or gargle can help the body kill of bacteria in the nasal passages and speed recovery.

This is why chicken soup helps, studies found that for some reason only the soup made by Jews helped, it was because they used sea salt.

Interesting. So it's a good thing to have a snotty, clogged nose? I just can't stand the running feeling. I stuff toilet paper up my nostrils to keep from feeling it. :ninja: I'm sure my husband finds this quite attractive. :lol:

*addingseasalttogrocerylist*

You need to get one of those sinus wash bottles and put sea salt and warm water (not too much sea salt because it will burn) in it and clean your nose out. Twice a day when you have the symptoms and then daily will help keep it away. Hope you feel better. The zinc lozenses, chicken soup and hot tea help also. Sleep when your baby sleeps.

Interesting. So it's a good thing to have a snotty, clogged nose? I just can't stand the running feeling. I stuff toilet paper up my nostrils to keep from feeling it. :ninja: I'm sure my husband finds this quite attractive. :lol:

*addingseasalttogrocerylist*

Nothing good about having a cold or the runs, but it is the body's way of helping itself.

My dad just had a bout of food poisoning that he was hospitalized with.

They would not give him anything for the diarrhea and told him to never take anything like that again, just drinks tons of fluid to assist his body in flushing out the bacteria.

If you want to clear your nasal passages and sinus, go to the store, get a bottle of horseradish and take a big whiff of it.I guarantee your eyes will start watering and nasal passages will start draining. Not kidding, my grandmother who was German used to do it to us when we were young.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/herbal-remedies/horseradish-herbal-remedies.htm

If you want to clear your nasal passages and sinus, go to the store, get a bottle of horseradish and take a big whiff of it.I guarantee your eyes will start watering and nasal passages will start draining. Not kidding, my grandmother who was German used to do it to us when we were young.

http://health.howstuffworks.com/wellness/natural-medicine/herbal-remedies/horseradish-herbal-remedies.htm

I'll whiff AND eat some horseradish, I love that stuff! Good idea. Don't even need to buy it. B)

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. :wub: