Paulding.com

Pre-K Option help

I need a pre-k that does not have the same hours as school hours. I went to PKU- and it has different options which is great, but I wanted to look at a few more schools.

Reflections- Had one set of hours which is the same time as reg. school hours for Elementry.

Are there any options like PKU's- I am looking in South Paulding area.

I am having the school problems because I get my kids off the bus the same time some of these pre-k's release. There is no way I can be two places at once. I do not want to pay ASP for a few mintues. That does not make much sense.

Thanks.

Sunshine house

So you are may daycare dictionary -

Is there one called true colors or something like that off Bakers Bridge. I tried to look it up, but I think I may have

the wrong name

You might want to try Color Us Kids on Charity Drive (Baker's Bridge) they were always willing to work with us. My grandson stayed there for 4 years!

This is the name. I just saw you post after I posted. THANKS!

I am a Pre-K teacher, and at our center we have 3 classes. Our early class begins at 7:50 and ends at 2:20. My class starts at 8:00 and ends at 2:30 and the third is staggered 10 minutes after. We have a lot of parents in the same boat, and they are able to manage just fine getting home to their school-agers. We also give a 15 minute grace period (till 2:45) before ASP begins. If you pm me, I can let you know where I'm at.

Have you had a good experience there?

I think my choice is going to be here or the Sunshine house.

We love it there. One of the things that sealed the deal for my youngest to go there this year was the number of staff members that were still there from my son's days. Turnover is generally so high in childcare that when I saw so many familiar faces, it was a very pleasant surprise. He is in 5th grade this year and there were at least 7-8 folks that I recognized right off the bat from his pre-k year. My daughter loves her teachers, too. No business is perfect and there will always be room for improvement but I am happy there and if I had another child we'd be right back at PKU again for them to go to pre-k when it was their turn.

My son got accepted into The Sunshine house in front of The Georgian, the only thing I didn't like was they are not on the food program, therefore you have to pay for meals. I am thinking it was $20 a week, unless you are on foodstamps or medicaid then you automatically get on the food program. I'm on a tight budget and $80 a month was high for me, considering my 10 year old doesn't pay that much in 1 month for lunch. They said no to letting them take their lunch too unless they have a medical reason to why they need to bring lunch. My son got into PKU and thats where he went. He goes for 8-3, and they do not get out early on Paulding County early release days either. I love his teacher and the moment I met her I knew that was the one he was going to go to. I have not heard anything bad about The Sunshine House tho.

Also, I go to Chattahoochee Tech, and they have a wonderful Georgia funded pre-k program too. Not sure about the hours or the wait list. You may want to check that one out too if its not too far to drive.

My son got accepted into The Sunshine house in front of The Georgian, the only thing I didn't like was they are not on the food program, therefore you have to pay for meals. I am thinking it was $20 a week, unless you are on foodstamps or medicaid then you automatically get on the food program. I'm on a tight budget and $80 a month was high for me, considering my 10 year old doesn't pay that much in 1 month for lunch. They said no to letting them take their lunch too unless they have a medical reason to why they need to bring lunch. My son got into PKU and thats where he went. He goes for 8-3, and they do not get out early on Paulding County early release days either. I love his teacher and the moment I met her I knew that was the one he was going to go to. I have not heard anything bad about The Sunshine House tho.

I've found that this is fairly common in pre-k programs.

My daughter attends Pre K at the Sunshine house. We LOVE it there. Due to our work schedules, she is in the before and ASP program. She was at the same facility from the time she was 3.5 months old until school started this year. Making the change was not an easy on my DH and I emotionally, the people at the other facility was like family, but we have not regretted making the change for one second.

Best of luck on your decision.

I've found that this is fairly common in pre-k programs.

Your right, It is!! but PKU is on the food program. Also, they were willing to work with me. I don't get out of class til 3 at Chattahoochee Tech, and they said if needed they would work with me. I have til 3:10 to pick him up, but it would have been 3:15 before I could have gotten there. They did say they would work with me for that 5 extra minutes a day. I ended up finding someone to car pool with tho, and she picks them up and I take them so I didn't ask what they would do, but the fact that they were willing to work with me was wonderful.

oooh okay. Thanks!

That's on the other side of the world to me. I'm in East Paulding :D

I have always lived in West Cobb. I said I would never move pass East Paulding. Slowly I am getting further away. lol I actually really love where I am now. I kind of like not being so close to everyone I grew up around.

My family always say I live in Alabama.

I have always lived in West Cobb. I said I would never move pass East Paulding. Slowly I am getting further away. lol I actually really love where I am now. I kind of like not being so close to everyone I grew up around.

My family always say I live in Alabama.

lol I'm the same way! I used to be a downtown Atlanta girl. Now, I'd rather be as far away from people as possible. If my husband didn't have to drive all over creation for work, we'd be further out. I keep hinting toward Cartersville, or even Ellijay but he's pretty against it. :D

Your right, It is!! but PKU is on the food program. Also, they were willing to work with me. I don't get out of class til 3 at Chattahoochee Tech, and they said if needed they would work with me. I have til 3:10 to pick him up, but it would have been 3:15 before I could have gotten there. They did say they would work with me for that 5 extra minutes a day. I ended up finding someone to car pool with tho, and she picks them up and I take them so I didn't ask what they would do, but the fact that they were willing to work with me was wonderful.

hmmmm.....My kid is at the Sunshine House and we don't pay for food and we aren't on any "assistance" programs. I wonder if it's only the pre-K? She won't be in that class until next year. Maybe the food price didn't jump out at me because it was cheaper than what I pay now for full time day care :lol:

I ran into this problem a couple times and will be doing it again next year. The prek my kids went to had the car line pick up but they let us walk in to get them as well. We were able to walk in grab them and still make it home before my kids school bus got home. Im hoping for the same luck next year although my older kids are old enough to sit home by themselves for a few minutes.