Paulding.com

birth order, where are you?

I'm a middle child. I have a sister, 37. and a brother, 32. I'm 33. I am the "classic" middle child. Marsha, Marsha, Marsha!! :D my sister the alpha and my brother the clown.

my dd was an only child til recently, 13 years apart so each child is basically an only child. She has classic only child behaviors. She dosen't share well and gets upset when somebody messes with her stuff.

so where do you fit in?

I grew up last, but met my younger sister about 6 years ago. None of us have the same mother and father. My brothers have the same father, and are 10+ years older than me. My sister has the same mother, and is 14 years younger (and was adopted).

Edited by QOTSA

I'm the youngest of four. My sister is 60, sister number two would have been 57(died 2 yrs ago) and my brother is 55. They all shared the same Mother and Father. I am 38 and had a different Mother ( died when I was 2 yo). I was raised as an only child. My Dad remarried in 1979, my Step-Mom had six kids of her own and all but one were adults when my parents married, youngest was 17, I was 6. So I was even the youngest of all of the step siblings. I was a bit of a brat, according to my oldest sister, but I really wasn't. Seriously.

I was raised an only child( by my mom and adoptive dad) but my birth father found me what I was almost 26 years old and I "magically" became the oldest of 3.....my brother is almost 12 yrs younger than me and my sister is 16 years and 1 day younger than me.

I am the take charge, opinionated, passionate one. Even as an only child, I was a caregiver/mother hen type person.

Edited by momnteacher

I'm complicated. Fifth of five but also more or less an only child. Brother 21 years older, sister 20 years (and one day) older, brother 13 years older, sister 6 years older. By the time I was 12, my sister who is 6 years older was already out of the house, so my teen years were spent as an only child.

When I was born, both brothers, both sisters, one sister in law and oldest nephew were living with my mom and dad (yep, I made #9 in the house). When I was about seven months old, the oldest brother and his wife moved out, leaving 7 of us in the house.

Now we are (almost) 77, (almost) 62 and 56. The sister who would have been 76 passed away in 2000 and the brother who would have been 69 passed away in 1974.

Not bossy. Assertive. :good:

OLDEST ALL THE WAY. Bossy, bossy, bossy

oldest of 2. brother is 4 1/2 years younger. I'm the bossy opinionated one (shocker!)who was the obsessively organized overachieving student, but when it comes to everything else I'm the quiet, reserved one in the family.

To be honest, considering all my dad's extracurricular activities, wouldn't surprise me at all to find out about other siblings at some point....

only child... but grew up in a house with extended family.... grandparents, mom, myself, a couple of aunts and some cousins... and in that I was the spoild brat baby of the family!! I still call my older female cousin my "sister"...

For many years I thought I was the oldest and then found out that my mother had another daughter before she had me. That child was placed for adoption at birth. When I was 24 I found her. We have a wonderful relationship...most of the time. Now I am the middle child which explains my occassional bout with bad behavior :pardon: