Paulding.com

How many of y'all suffer from weather related aches and pains?

It never occurred to me until today that I fell into that category.

I woke up last night with horrible pain in my left knee. I've had it before but some years I don't have it at all. It is just one of those things that comes every once in a while.

I didn't put two and two together until reading on here that several other people were suffering from the same thing.

Does this mean I am officially old?

Yikes!

I always picture you as young! But, I am raising my hand-and I am old! lol. I have a titanium rod in my right leg from a bad car accident. I swear the colder it gets, the more I hurt and the tighter my leg feels. There HAS to be something to it, because so many people say they have weather related aches and pains. We can't all be crazy, can we? :crazy:

Me!! And I am not old! Or at least old enough to feel this rough physically. It's not just my fibromyalgia but I also have bursitis in my shoulders and a lot of inflammatory arthritis in my hands, feet, shoulders and low back. They are all throbbing with pain right now. I have read that it is something to do with how barometric pressure affects the gas within the fluid of the joints. When you "pop" your joint is releasing it.

I fell not quite 20 years ago and tore the ligaments/tendons/whatever away from my shins. Didn't break anything, but took a long time to heal. I can always tell when something's up with the weather when my shins start to hurt. My mom broke her ankle when she was a kid, and it still hurts when bad weather approaches.

I'm only 25...not old! I dislocated my knee bungee jumping when I was 14 and can generally tell the weather before the news even reports it. I hate winter for the simple fact that the ups and downs of the weather in winter cause all sorts of crazy pain - warm, cold, warm, cold....

Left knee- osteoarthritis been killing me for days now. The worst has been last two days. I imagine it's only gonna get worse as the storm gets closer and the temps keep dropping.

Thank goodness the osteoarthritis in my feet isn't too bad at the moment or I wouldn't be able to walk at all.

I broke my plevis and tail bone in a car accident when I was 18. This past week my lower back has ached so much i've lost sleep. I'm 33 and my knees are always an indication that rain is on the way. I've had bad knees since the age of 12.

Edited by jenilyn

My youngest daughter, now 30, broke both thumbs, a few ribs and a toe or two when she was in her teens. She says the last few days has been awful for her with the aches.

I had bone graft surgery on my right foot in 2006. It's been hurting the last few days, the first time since my surgery. And my knees are killing me right now. I've had trouble with the right one since I was a freshman in high school. And yes, I'm officially OLD (get senior discounts at some places).

Left knee- osteoarthritis been killing me for days now. The worst has been last two days. I imagine it's only gonna get worse as the storm gets closer and the temps keep dropping.

Thank goodness the osteoarthritis in my feet isn't too bad at the moment or I wouldn't be able to walk at all.

I'm right there with you, only it's my right knee......

ankle with metal from an old sports injury

also... massive headache from pressure changes

Oh is that it, I have a major headache and I have been sneezing like crazy!!! And I just got over having pneumonia, I better not be getting sick again!!

The arthritis, scar tissue, and half a dozen bones broken over time, my body knows when the pressure is dropping.

My orthopaedic put me on high doses of ibuprofen in 1974. 1000 to 2000mg per day. Yes, I get my liver numbers checked twice a year and I have been most fortunate to have a cast iron GI tract which tolerates the motrin well.

I normally take 600 to 800 in the morning, with food. Another 400 or so with lunch, and 600 to 800 after dinner. It keeps the inflammation down, the joints lubricated, and the aches at bay.

Found out 3 weeks ago my hearts out of rhythm again, and I am on blood thinners until we get everything under control so they can shock me back into a normal beat. But this time the good doctors have taken away my ibuprofen and I am hurting. I DREAD getting out of bed in the morning, knowing what the first step will feel like, let along going downstairs to the kitchen. Snap-crackle-pop is an understatement. Thank God for the hot tub!

Sure wish it was warmer outside.