Paulding.com

Self Storage Auction

At your request:

Normally, we only post our auctions in the paper. Because of several PCommer requests, we wanted to post this for all of you as well.

At 10:00am Friday we will have a live auction of three storage units at our Hiram location. You are welcome to come and bid. The location will be open at 8:00 am. You are encouraged to call ahead and make sure all units are still available.

I will check back in with PCom in an hour or two to answer any questions.

Thank you,

Attic Self Storage

At your request:

Normally, we only post our auctions in the paper. Because of several PCommer requests, we wanted to post this for all of you as well.

At 10:00am Friday we will have a live auction of three storage units at our Hiram location. You are welcome to come and bid. The location will be open at 8:00 am. You are encouraged to call ahead and make sure all units are still available.

I will check back in with PCom in an hour or two to answer any questions.

Thank you,

Attic Self Storage

Can you give an idea what you have...Its gonna be cold tomorrow...Thanks

Looking for a Pressure Washer...

Sorry, I can't tell you. I don't have the paperwork here at the house.

Can you give an idea what you have...Its gonna be cold tomorrow...Thanks

Yes, it is going to be cold. Sorry, I can't answer because I don't have the paperwork with me. If you have any of the old newspapers, you can find a brief description of contents in the legal section. Our Paulding auctions are listed in the Dallas New Era.

Is this an item by item auction, or whole unit auction?

This is a whole unit auction.

How do these things usually work? Cash only? How long do you have to empty the contents etc?

The auction is cash only. The length of time to remove contents depends on the volume in the unit. We will give at least 2 days. On occasion, we have given up to a week.

ahhhh, we have been watching storage wars a lot. me and hubby are tempted to come, he would just yell "YYEEEEPPPPP" over and over :rofl:

The show is pretty entertaining. We would allow you to yell "YEEPP" all day if you wanted to.

This is a public auction and everyone is welcome to come participate or observe. Normally, our auctions are the first week of every month. We had our Cobb auctions yesterday and today. You can find all our locations on atticstorageonline.com. Please feel free to call anytime. We will be happy to give you the dates and number of units in auction status. Please remember the number of units in the auction may decrease prior to the actual auction date. We recommend you call the afternoon before or the morning of the auction for an update.

Thank you,

Attic Self Storage

I have a friend who years ago would buy storage units and then resell the merchandise. He specialized in washer and dryers. About ten years ago he and another friend went to a sale and in one unit you could only see a few boxes and a couple pieces of sheet rock standing up in the back. My friend had already purchased several units and at $30.00 stopped bidding. His friend won the unit for only $30.00. When they went to clean it out and moved the sheet rock there was a 1969 Harley Davidson!! You just never know.

If anyone from here wins and there are good books in there, bring them by the store for some store credit! I would go but we have a special special tomorrow and I am on desk duty all day cause the phones are supposed to ring off the hook.

:yahoo:

We have a unit with a large amount of religious and Biblical reference books at another location. The unit was signed over to us in lieu of rent. If you are interested, we would be happy to work something out with you.

We have a unit with a large amount of religious and Biblical reference books at another location. The unit was signed over to us in lieu of rent. If you are interested, we would be happy to work something out with you.

I will give you a call tomorrow, when the phones stops ringing :yahoo:

For the people who want to know about the contents - it's a crap-shoot. You don't get to pick and choose. A person who buys the contents, takes the contents and sweeps it clean. It's cold and the units are not heated, typically. You can't go inside the units and go through the stuff. The unit content sales are just like the ones on tv, except for this: you hardly ever get good stuff. The best indicator of whether boxed goods are worth anything is the care with which they are stored.

If you buy a unit, you really should have a transitional place to unbox everything and go through it. Don't do this in your home, as you'll likely get some nasty surprises, particulary of the crawling insect variety.You could have a thousand roaches in a single box and if they get in your house.....

Even though you think that there may be something in the boxes, you only bid on what you can see. The way that they do it on tv is for show. In real life, a person will buy a really good unit only occasionally. Those guys wouldn't turn a profit if they really bid the way that they do on the show. The stuff isn't THAT valuable (like 100K worth of old comic books or other significant collections).

See, the people can realize that they're no longer able to pay their storage rent, and thentake all the good stuff before the storage place puts their own lock on the unit when it goes into arrears.

They're fun to go to! Have a big panel truck on ready and have some helpers on stand-by, in case you win.

I have a friend who years ago would buy storage units and then resell the merchandise. He specialized in washer and dryers. About ten years ago he and another friend went to a sale and in one unit you could only see a few boxes and a couple pieces of sheet rock standing up in the back. My friend had already purchased several units and at $30.00 stopped bidding. His friend won the unit for only $30.00. When they went to clean it out and moved the sheet rock there was a 1969 Harley Davidson!! You just never know.

A good example of someone who would benefit from storage auctions is Subby, if the unit is filled with landscaping equipment, lawnmowers and tools -- that's a unit that would be right up Subby's alley! Typically hard goods(ladders,, tools) l are good to find, soft goods sofas, clothing, etc are not. Also one should not expect tv's, sound equipment, and other electronics to work - especially if they are not covered.

You never know, it's true. I got a couple of really good units back in the day. A strong back, excellent helpers and a keen eye (don't forget the flashlight!) are key ingredients to making it in storage auctions.

Eym Sirius is right. You never know what you're going to get. I've seen duds and I've seen amazing things. Our facilities are gated and each individual customer has their own code. If they don't pay they are locked out of the gate and their unit is overlocked until it is current. We have top notch facilities.

If you win a unit we always give a few days for the removal. The only thing you have to do immediately is pay and get your receipt.

Thank You,

Attic Self Storage

Thank you for coming out on such a cold morning. We had a successful auction.

You can always call the offices for auction dates and information. We normally hold the auctions during the first week of the month. Our Paulding Auctions are advertised in the Dallas New Era and our Cobb auctions are advertised in the Marietta Daily Journal. You will find the advertisements and brief descriptions in the legal section of the papers. Please remember that specific units may be pulled from an auction because of a customer's payment or other various circumstances.

I will be sure to post upcoming auctions as we get closer to the next auction dates. If you really enjoy the auctions don't limit yourself to just our Paulding locations. We also have facilities in Cobb, Cherokee, and Dekalb. Our resident managers are just a phone call away and are willing to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks again,

Attic Self Storage

Thank you for coming out on such a cold morning. We had a successful auction.

You can always call the offices for auction dates and information. We normally hold the auctions during the first week of the month. Our Paulding Auctions are advertised in the Dallas New Era and our Cobb auctions are advertised in the Marietta Daily Journal. You will find the advertisements and brief descriptions in the legal section of the papers. Please remember that specific units may be pulled from an auction because of a customer's payment or other various circumstances.

I will be sure to post upcoming auctions as we get closer to the next auction dates. If you really enjoy the auctions don't limit yourself to just our Paulding locations. We also have facilities in Cobb, Cherokee, and Dekalb. Our resident managers are just a phone call away and are willing to answer any questions you may have.

Thanks again,

Attic Self Storage

I'll catch you guys at one of these when the temps warm. It's just too darn cold!!

And for those not familiar with the legal section of the Marietta Daily Journal in Cobb County - It comes out every Friday.

• 3 weeks later...