Paulding.com

Grocery store in Hiram closing

There is a kroger like two miles down the road that is nicer and cleaner IMO. No loss here

Closer to 5, going on 6 miles, and I don't care for the store. Never have. At double the square footage and staff, it is just a whole lot bigger. Hiram would get me whatever I wanted that they might not have and I could get in and out for a handful of stuff quickly.

I guess I will have no choice but 61&278, but it will not be as convienent, and that is for sure. And I just HATE having to pick up the Mrs from Movies 278, go past what will be the empty Hiram Kroger, go past our road, and drive another 3-4 miles to 61, and then double back home.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I hate to hear this. My boys take multiple meds each day and we are at your pharmacy more often than I would guess most are. I sent a lengthy email to Kroger's corporate office stating reasons this lo

It is really amazing to me that shopping centers like this one are going up on their rent. Look around and see how many empty places there are in Paulding County. It is true that is a prime location,

"It is not economical to bring it up to current Kroger standards"...? When compaired to Publix, Target, Food Lion and even Ingles "Kroger's current standards" are still way behind!   While I hate to

There is a kroger like two miles down the road that is nicer and cleaner IMO. No loss here

Where is there one 2 miles down the road, that is nicer and cleaner? Are you saying 2 miles down the road from this stores location, or 2 miles down the road from where you live? And if it is any cleaner than this one, then it must be the picture of perfection and immaculate, as every time I have ever been in this Hiram store, it has been very, very clean.

I just think this is absolutly sad! I know all of the employees and even some of their families and everyone is so upset!

If you care about this store you need to call 1-800-KROGERS!

I know everyone thinks one call doesn't matter, but that isn't true!

If everyone who reads this post calls I and says something at least they will know what they are doing to the community!

I know employees are reading this and when they do I hope they know how much they are loved!

When the store at 92/278 does shut down I will NOT shop at kroger anymore.

I am disappointed that Kroger is splitting that team up and I think it is wrong!

Kroger employees: We love and support you!

I work in the pharmacy and appreciate all of your support

We shop the Hiram Kroger because of the pharmacy. While there to get prescriptions refilled we will do our grocery shopping. It is easier for me to get around than the larger stores. The same boy (who we go to church with) bags our groceries every time and he told us 2-3 months ago that the store would be closing after the Holidays. That particular day there was only one other bagger than him. He said they had already started cutting the staff's hours in preparation. We discussed how typically retailers increase their employees hours during the Holidays. I hate to hear it is closing but where ever Jim (the Pharmacist) goes, so shall we!!

Thank you for all the support! I have been working in the pharmacy for almost 5 years and have come care for many of our patients and their families. I absolutely hate the idea of losing any of our customers but I do thank you again. Hope to see you around!

Where is there one 2 miles down the road, that is nicer and cleaner? Are you saying 2 miles down the road from this stores location, or 2 miles down the road from where you live? And if it is any cleaner than this one, then it must be the picture of perfection and immaculate, as every time I have ever been in this Hiram store, it has been very, very clean.

Clean and old are two different things...and I promise you won't find a group of people that care as much about their customers as the employees at the Hiram kroger. I unfortunately have been in the kroger at 61 many times and was never impressed by the customer service.

I hate to hear this. My boys take multiple meds each day and we are at your pharmacy more often than I would guess most are. I sent a lengthy email to Kroger's corporate office stating reasons this location should remain open. Most of the email was about how great the pharmacy is. You guys do an awesome job and I let them know. I also told them that we used the Kroger pharmacy closer to our home (278 and 61) for a while and not only were most of the people rude, they actually gave one of our children the wrong meds. I told them I don't care if that location is closer and has a drive through, we drive to the Hiram location because Jim and the women there always make sure everything is right. I just wanted you to know some of us tried to go to bat for you and how much I appreciate all of you.

I hate to hear this. My boys take multiple meds each day and we are at your pharmacy more often than I would guess most are. I sent a lengthy email to Kroger's corporate office stating reasons this location should remain open. Most of the email was about how great the pharmacy is. You guys do an awesome job and I let them know. I also told them that we used the Kroger pharmacy closer to our home (278 and 61) for a while and not only were most of the people rude, they actually gave one of our children the wrong meds. I told them I don't care if that location is closer and has a drive through, we drive to the Hiram location because Jim and the women there always make sure everything is right. I just wanted you to know some of us tried to go to bat for you and how much I appreciate all of you.

Thank you for the kind words and they mean the world to us in the pharmacy. We care about our customers and their families and hope to see them where ever we end up. Thanks again for trying that's all we can ask for. Hope to see you again before February 12th.

Yeah. It is sad. :( I guess I shop there way too much, to know these people and all. It's on my way home so I stop after work to grab a few things. And now that I am pregnant, I can't make it all the way home and stop there for use of the "facilities" and will "grab" a few things I remember I need while I am there.

This sucks. I hope Jim and the "girls" end up somewhere close. Hopefully they will all get transferred to the Dallas Kroger.

Clean and old are two different things...and I promise you won't find a group of people that care as much about their customers as the employees at the Hiram kroger.

Exactly. I have noticed for several years how clean the local staff kept this store.

At the same time I noticed there was no updating of lighting, colors and signage.

When this store was built it was state of the art.

Seems to me Kroger Corp never spent any money on upgrades because they knew all along what was going to happen and when.

Exactly. I have noticed for several years how clean the local staff kept this store.

At the same time I noticed there was no updating of lighting, colors and signage.

When this store was built it was state of the art.

Seems to me Kroger Corp never spent any money on upgrades because they knew all along what was going to happen and when.

I worked for Kroger for 22 years.

We used to call 401 (the Hiram Store. In Kroger world each store has a number) the store that time forgot.

I recall from when Regina used to me the manager, Kroger had a bunch of queer issues with their lease there concerning what they could and could not do. I recall they could NOT get gas pumps because the BP or Amoco on the corner, even after they merged and closed the gas station in the KMartha parking lot, had an exclusive lock on being the only place in that center that could sell gas.

And as I recall, Kroger was strictly a tenant, with no ownership or say in much.

But that store was our first really "Modern" grocery store. There was a Winn-Dixie where Powerhouse fitness used to be, and Ingles was in Merchant's Plaza at the top of the hill where the Medicinne Shoppe is. Wallyworld built where Ingles is now.

The staff at the Hiram store has always been solid and 100+%. They just gave it their all and did a great job. I hate to see them get broken up, and it will totally change my shopping habits. I will no longer be passing a store I enjoy shopping at "On the Way" to take or fetch Mrssurepip. Now it will be special trips out of the way.

I just got off the phone with the 1800Krogers number. The lady I spoke to called the store manager and she told me that there are no plans at this time to close the store.

I informed her that this was a rumor running rampid in the area and to expect many more calls concerning this matter.

I also expressed how I felt about the thought of them closing that store.

My thought is....even if they are planning on closing this store and we bombard them with calls...they could change their minds.

Maybe you should call the 1800krogers lady back and let her know the store will be closing in Feb.

When I lived in Cape Coral, Florida 2005-2006, they opened up a Wal-Mart Neighborhood store. It sat in the middle of a residential area, right down the street from the library. What I liked about that store was that it was just groceries. I could run down to that store and get my groceries quickly as apposed to the super stores that we have now that sell everything but the kitchen sink. I wish we had more of those. I also wish there was a Publix around the 278/61 area as I find most of the people at the Kroger there are not customer service oriented. I do go to the old Ingles on business 6 sometimes.

I moved here from Bonita Springs Fl three years ago. The first and ONLY time ive ever seen one of these wal-mart stores was in Naples. I really liked that it was just groceries, and less busy too. I think it was also 24 hours, or atleast open really really late. They need to open one of these around here. I hate going to the Wal-Mart on 92/278. Even tho its a much farther drive i prefer the Dallas Hwy store.

so how many of us remember having to drive all the way to Marietta (KMart at the big chicken or Big Apple on Powder Springs Rd at Sandtown Rd) to by groceries?? then the first grocery store in the county... what was it?? It was at Paulding Plaza.... it wasnt Ingles to start with... it was something else then went out of business and Ingles opened there then moved down to where it is now. It was next to Ben Franklins department store... anyway... just remembering back to the older grocery stores here in the county.... showing my age I guess...:pardon: