Paulding.com

SO enroute

3611, 3612 enroute

caller looking out window - two WM carrying pillow case....

SO 167 enroute, asks that caller be kept on line

3611/12 on scene

caller's numeric are 289

units out with homeowner at 309 - he has not seen anyone breaking into his house

Edited by FreeBird

The officers ran into the homeowner as soon as they arrived. The caller obviously is not in touch with their community if they do not even know what their neighbor looks like.

There is a BIG difference between a "10-15 in progress" and "suspicious activities" (two guys will pillow cases in this case) -- namely 4 officers having to travel with lights and sirens to a call that wasn't.

The officers ran into the homeowner as soon as they arrived. The caller obviously is not in touch with their community if they do not even know what their neighbor looks like.

There is a BIG difference between a "10-15 in progress" and "suspicious activities" (two guys will pillow cases in this case) -- namely 4 officers having to travel with lights and sirens to a call that wasn't.

So, honest question here - would the SO have responded differently had the caller stated suspicious activities instead of burglary in progress? I agree the caller probably doesn't know the homeowner if he was one of the ones with the pillowcases, but maybe they're new to the area. Or the neighbors are unfriendly and haven't made themselves available or whatever. I'm just curious given the SO's directive to the neighborhood watch folks what the proper response would be if I saw someone toting stuff out of a neighbor's house in pillowcases. (I know my neighbors, but assuming I didn't, or that the pillowcase toters weren't the neighbors.)

10-4. If I were the caller, I'm virtually positive if I had seen the same thing that I would have said "this looks suspicious; it might not be anything, but I don't feel good about it, so I thought I'd call". Sounds like they wouldn't respond to it as frenetically. Good deal, then.