Paulding.com

PSA ~~~~ Icy Roads ! Be Careful

LPPT just called and asked me to post this...

Please Call Your Loved Ones and let them know

that the over passes and bridges are icing over

and to be careful!

Apparently people are sliding ALL over the roads

She also said that the Dallas Square Is like a Ice Skating Rink! :rofl:

Thanks, Caped Crusader......I hope LPPT isn't "out there" with a camera.....You know how she is!! :ph34r:

I'm glad I'm home ....

Temp is hovering right at 32 here.

Doesn't look good out there at all ....

Please be careful out there is you must get out.

I'm not looking forward to finding out what it will be when I get up and try to go to work tomorrow morning ....

Wow. This is completely crazy.

No, it's physics... the angular momentum of the vehicle was greater than the friction between the road surface and the tires of the vehicle. Decreasing the speed of the vehicle to point where in a turn the angular momentum is less than the friction would prevent this.

Apparently the ground got colder than I thought.i slipped and slid in quite a few spots driving home today, and I mean on the regular roads, not just bridges. I wouldn't have believed it until it started happening. I thought maybe a wheel was trying to come off my car, or a bad tie rod end was about to fall off. Yall be VERY careful!!

It's not just bridges and overpasses ... the roads are quickly freezing all over the place. They are just wet and then all of a sudden it is ice but looks no different. Give yourself lots of space and lots of time. It is butt ugly out there.

To make matters WORSE, I have to go to Hemingway's tonight to play an audition with S.S. I'm riding up there with my drummer, since my truck aint running. At least he's got 4WD on his truck. This is gonna be harrowing, and I am not looking forward to it at all (because of the weather).

No, it's physics... the angular momentum of the vehicle was greater than the friction between the road surface and the tires of the vehicle. Decreasing the speed of the vehicle to point where in a turn the angular momentum is less than the friction would prevent this.

And don't forget to charge the flux capacitor and tighten it down with a 1/4 inch sprangler wrench.

why do Georgia schools NOT take our childrens' lives serious like other states? I heard Alabama was closing schools early. People laugh, but, this is WHY they do it. It upsets me to hear that our bus drivers had to drive our children home in these kinds of conditions. They are not trained and the buses are not equipped for icy highways and roads like they are up north. That is the reason why schools down South close early. Become educated on that!

The school officials need to be a little more careful. There could of been a terrible wreck. I hope they don't chance it in the morning.

Does anyone out there know about the wreck on Pace Road in the blind curve( road that runs by the side of the Hiram Kroger shopping center) about 5:00 tonight? It was a head-on collision between a small car and a pickup truck and the air bags were deployed. The passenger from the car was out on the ground rolling around and screaming in pain. I could not stop in the curve due to icy conditions, but immediately dialed 911. My car was slipping and sliding and I barely recovered control so I would not hit them myself. Cars from the other direction had stopped. Please update me if you know.

why do Georgia schools NOT take our childrens' lives serious like other states? I heard Alabama was closing schools early. People laugh, but, this is WHY they do it. It upsets me to hear that our bus drivers had to drive our children home in these kinds of conditions. They are not trained and the buses are not equipped for icy highways and roads like they are up north. That is the reason why schools down South close early. Become educated on that!

The school officials need to be a little more careful. There could of been a terrible wreck. I hope they don't chance it in the morning.

there's a warm front coming through at 4am, according to glen burns.