Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
ButterflyLion

Easter Candy Already On Display At Local Grocery Store

I couldn't believe it when I saw a free-standing display of Easter candy today at Kroger. I picked up the bags to make sure I was seeing correctly, and sure enough it was two different types of chocolate Easter eggs. The display even mentioned filling baskets. Is anyone going to buy Easter candy when Christmas is two weeks away?

They must want to get theirs out before Walmart. After I started this thread I searched and found this about Walmart displaying Easter candy in December of last year:

Yes, Walmart Already Has The Easter Candy Out

By Laura Northrup on December 25, 2009 6:50 PM 10760 views

The place: Walmart. The date: December 23, 2009. The endcap display at Bob's local store: Easter candy.

http://consumerist.com/2009/12/the-place-walmart-the-date.html

Heres the deal............they are aware that the world will end in 2012 so they are going to sell everything they can now to boost revenues.:drinks:

• Like 1

there is something about candy shaped like an egg that makes it so much more yum. Bring on the Reeses Peanut Butter eggs! Better than the tree IMO.

there is something about candy shaped like an egg that makes it so much more yum. Bring on the Reeses Peanut Butter eggs! Better than the tree IMO.

I saw those at Kroger this afternoon.

Heres the deal............they are aware that the world will end in 2012 so they are going to sell everything they can now to boost revenues.:drinks:

But what good is the revenue if ya won't be here to spend it? :pardon:

I saw those at Kroger this afternoon.

I saw those at the Kroger on Ridge Road today. Was that where you saw them, too?

Have there been any other sightings in the area? :)

I saw those at the Kroger on Ridge Road today. Was that where you saw them, too?

Have there been any other sightings in the area? :)

278 and 61 Kroger.

Wow.........are they skipping over Valentines day???

Last year I believe they put out the Valentine's Day candy right after Christmas. Then right after Valentine's Day they put out the Easter candy.

I went to Hobby Lobby last week and as the shelves empty of Christmas items they are filling them with Spring / Summer items.

There are plates with ants marching across them, yard stakes, stepping stones and yard figures out.

Slow down !!! I'm not ready to think Summer yet.

I went to Hobby Lobby last week and as the shelves empty of Christmas items they are filling them with Spring / Summer items.

There are plates with ants marching across them, yard stakes, stepping stones and yard figures out.

Slow down !!! I'm not ready to think Summer yet.

I am, I am. Come on Summer!! :p

I am, I am. Come on Summer!! :p

Spring is my favorite season, but I like summer, too. I've thought about moving somewhere where there's little or no winter.