Paulding.com

Does anyone know what happened

Thats my daughters doctor.... How long has he been gone?

A friend of mine uses him and called to make an appt. They said he was no longer there and would not tell her anything. It was his practice so she has know idea what happened

A friend of mine uses him and called to make an appt. They said he was no longer there and would not tell her anything. It was his practice so she has know idea what happened

I hope it was a positive move for him. He is a wonderful pediatrician and runs a top notch practice. Wonderful caring staff as well..

My children used to see another Dr. at that practice and he too left a few years back with no word. I hate when that happens. It was nice for them to atleast see the same face every year at their well visits.

If it was Dr Saed, he is just down the street across from The Avenues.

First Dr. Loventhal, and now Dr. Cantrell?!? All of the dr.'s are great, but Loventhal and Cantrell were my 2 favorites. I was just there yesterday and didn't notice he was gone since my kids saw one of the nurse practioners. If anyone finds him, please let us know!

First Dr. Loventhal, and now Dr. Cantrell?!? All of the dr.'s are great, but Loventhal and Cantrell were my 2 favorites. I was just there yesterday and didn't notice he was gone since my kids saw one of the nurse practioners. If anyone finds him, please let us know!

I really liked Dr. Loventhal, too. He moved to another practice close to Northside Hospital. :( He was great with asthma and allergy patients, especially. Dr. Cantrell is great, too, and I'm sorry to hear he's gone. I hope it is a good move for him. My sons appreciated seeing him for their annual checkups. I'm sure many teenage boys won't want to see a female doc for checkups. I don't want to move to the Marietta office that is further down Dallas Highway by Target and Home Depot.

my son had an appointment with him on the 21st and I got a call rescheduling all she said was she was rescheduling everything after the 15th. That made my sons appt a week and a half later :angry2: so I called back and they had a cancellation with someone so now my appt is today.

I didn't know Dr. Loventhal was gone. I know it had been a while since I saw him but just figured we missed him because of his schedule. I hate to hear that both are gone. I really liked Dr. Cantrell and he didn't seem old enough to me for him to retire. I'm not too crazy about the female doctors in there. I might have to check into finding another doctor. I really hate hearing this news.

Wierd...we were just there today & they were running a little behind & a lady was asking another lady who she was here to see & she said Dr Cantrell.

She was probably "scheduled" to see him but like many others- realized when they showed up for their appts that Dr was no longer with the practice.

We got to find him, both of our kids have ADHD and they have seen him since they were in first grade. They are 12 and 16. I dont want no yoyo messing things up. It took forever to get their meds right. If you find out please let me know. They are due for their appointments too.

I have a friend that used to work at Cobb Peds. As of right now, she isn't sure where he is going, if anywhere. She suggested I send him a friend request on fb, so I did. If I hear anything form either of them I will let you all know!

What!? I just scheduled a ADHD appt with his nurse yesterday. This stinks, who else specializes in ADHD?

We also use him for my sons reciently diagnosed ADHD..... :(....Hmmmm....I called to get his RX day before yesterday and asked for Gretchen (his ADHD nurse) and they said that she no longer worked there, and that she moved to FL. So I talked to Jessica and shes wonderful but really? We have seen him since my son was born :( Im so sad now.

Sorry but I would have to question how good and caring a Doctor is that would run out and leave everyone hanging like this. It was/is within his power to let everyone know ahead of time what was gong on but he did not...should tell you a lot about him. Not a person I would want to depend on for my childs health.

• Like 1

If it was Dr Saed, he is just down the street across from The Avenues.

My kids went to Dr. Loventhal. When he left I was told it was to be closer to his home. I still haven't found a replacement. With all the big Dr.'s offices these days it was nice to have one consistent Dr. that they saw each year for their well visits. If we couldn't get him between we survived but I hated not being told when he had left.

Depending on the reason for leaving and the practice contracts, he may not have had the option of letting his patients know.

Sorry but I would have to question how good and caring a Doctor is that would run out and leave everyone hanging like this. It was/is within his power to let everyone know ahead of time what was gong on but he did not...should tell you a lot about him. Not a person I would want to depend on for my childs health.

Depending on the reason for leaving and the practice contracts, he may not have had the option of letting his patients know.

You may be right. I have never had a problem like this because I was I guess lucky enough for the Doctor to have thought about things like that from the get go and so he was able let us know ahead of time what was going on. He was kind enough to see to it that everyone was taken care of either by himself if you wanted to travel to where he was going to be or he recommended someone in the same area to take care of you. To me this was a great way to care of us all.

I have experienced both ways. One was a doctor closing his own private practice. Did a very good job of letting everyone know in advance and did his best to help fit in last appointments, etc. The other one was part of a group practice and I found out later that she was not permitted to make contact with practice clients through the practice. Well the practice owned all of the records, etc. so she couldn't take contact info with her to use from her new practice. Parts of some group practice contracts have similar things to keep doctors from using the practice to build a following and then taking those patients away to open an individual/private practice.

Love Dr. Cantrell. I actually spoke to him last year around this time at my daughters' holiday dance show. His granddaughter danced there. Such a nice man, he had his family with him. I had my oldest daughter come over & meet him, he was the pediatrician who checked her out at the hospital & I stuck with him for a few years until I moved to Bremen. I can't say enough nice things about him :)

I have experienced both ways. One was a doctor closing his own private practice. Did a very good job of letting everyone know in advance and did his best to help fit in last appointments, etc. The other one was part of a group practice and I found out later that she was not permitted to make contact with practice clients through the practice. Well the practice owned all of the records, etc. so she couldn't take contact info with her to use from her new practice. Parts of some group practice contracts have similar things to keep doctors from using the practice to build a following and then taking those patients away to open an individual/private practice.

Yes, and we just passed in Georgia a whole new and expanded non-compete regime.

If someone will PM me the practice's phone number, I'll see what I might find out. They may not talk to me but then they may.

pubby

• 3 weeks later...

Dr Cantrell is awesome! His daughter went to h.s. with my daughter. I heard thru a close friend of his daughter and mine that the practice did not renew his contract because they were looking to save money and as he is a very experienced doctor his salary was the best savings for them. I personally think they should have asked the patients and their parents who they would prefer to stay or go. If I hear where he will be practicing I will post it.

Please say it aint so! We switched from Dr. Gluckman to Dr. Cantrell 2-3 years ago when Dr. G left the same way. I don't know what's going on over there but these two were the only original owners still there. Dr. Staviss(Williams) left a few years ago to stay home and be a full time mommy. Guess it's time to change/find my son another practice. I'm glad he's almost 15 but we LOVED these 2 doctors!

I too noticed this the week of Dec 13 when I had to take 2 of my triplets in for Strep. I walked by his TN vols office and it was empty. So 2 days later when 2nd child came down with strep I was back in office again and asked and they said he up and left a couple of weeks before. He had such a great personality, great kid dr. I live out by Roses store and still drive over there.

I am thinking of switching dr.s now, due to him leaving, the long drive and my kids just dont go to dr much anymore. Will the dr. office give the parents copy of files or do new dr. office request it???

thanks for any info

Either, or. You can request copies of the records and your new pediatrician will likely have you sign a form as part of your new patient paperwork to get copies of the files.

I too noticed this the week of Dec 13 when I had to take 2 of my triplets in for Strep. I walked by his TN vols office and it was empty. So 2 days later when 2nd child came down with strep I was back in office again and asked and they said he up and left a couple of weeks before. He had such a great personality, great kid dr. I live out by Roses store and still drive over there.

I am thinking of switching dr.s now, due to him leaving, the long drive and my kids just dont go to dr much anymore. Will the dr. office give the parents copy of files or do new dr. office request it???

thanks for any info

Triple mom - if this was a group pratice your records should be available... We had a doc in Douglasville -a private pratice, that records were requested and they wanted a good amount of money to release them, to me was wrong, she went out of business, the records should have been forwarded to another doctor.... good luck.

something odd going on there; my daughter was told they wouldn't see her children, until the office's contract was renegotiated with Blue Choice and they didn't know when that would be; no one called to even tell her, despite her appt made a week in advance; she was told when she showed up; well, she could pay $175 for a visit! So, they referred her to another office, West ATL, who told her Cobb Ped. was having big issues in many areas. She had been getting unhappier and unhappier there, since Dr. Loventhall left and daughter's asthma was never really handled properly after that.

Edited by ohmygosh