Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
MillCreek

Grocery Stores and Local Schools

Some of yall need to get to the Grocery Store to "stock up" and OMG, will the schools close early, today?!?!?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

From WSB-TV's website:

From Meteorologist Karen Minton

Increasing clouds during the day. Slight chance of sprinkles this afternoon mainly south of I-20. Continued cold.

Today: Partly Sunny. Slight chance of afternoon sprinkles or flurries mainly south of I-20. Winds NW 5-15 mph. Highs in the upper 30s to low 40s.

Link

Some of yall need to get to the Grocery Store to "stock up" and OMG, will the schools close early, today?!?!?

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

From WSB-TV's website:

From Meteorologist Karen Minton

Increasing clouds during the day. Slight chance of sprinkles this afternoon mainly south of I-20. Continued cold.

Today: Partly Sunny. Slight chance of afternoon sprinkles or flurries mainly south of I-20. Winds NW 5-15 mph. Highs in the upper 30s to low 40s.

Link

Now you know at least 15 people didn't even open your post.....just ran straight to the grocery store for a week's supply of bread and milk. You just a meanie MillCreek. :lol:

I had to bring my son to school by 7:30 for weigh in. He has a wrestling meet tonight. As I was driving, sweater and flips on, I looked up at the sky and said to my son, "Those are snow clouds, this ought to be good!" Of course, he didn't care, just as long his meet isn't canceled.

Time to clear the shelves of every loaf of bread and every gallon of milk because we all know that eating slices of bread and drinking milk is very nourishing when there are "sprinkles" in the area. Buy up all the batteries and prepare for Arctic Blast Atlanta Chapter 2!

Wanna know what I don't understand? People go crazy like there's an apocalypse when there's mention of 1/4 inch of snow 100 miles north of here. Let there be a tornado warning, which means a funnel cloud has been spotted, one that can drive a 2x4 through your skull and people will decide to go to out on the town like the sky is the prettiest blue you ever saw. Even the floods were not taken as serious and look at the damage. Not criticizing, just one of things I don't understand.

Edited by HiPlainsDrifter

Time to clear the shelves of every loaf of bread and every gallon of milk because we all know that eating slices of bread and drinking milk is very nourishing when there are "sprinkles" in the area. Buy up all the batteries and prepare for Arctic Blast Atlanta Chapter 2!

Wanna know what I don't understand? People go crazy like there's an apocalypse when there's mention of 1/4 inch of snow 100 miles north of here. Let there be a tornado warning, which means a funnel cloud has been spotted, one that can drive a 2x4 through your skull and people will decide to go to out on the town like the sky is the prettiest blue you ever saw. Even the floods were not taken as serious and look at the damage. Not criticizing, just one of things I don't understand.

OMG, you so speak the truth!!!!

Yes, but we do know that there have been times that the snow and ice has been underestimated and people have been stranded on roads and left without power for days.

I never understood the bread and milk thing. If I am gonna be stuck at home forget that I want chicken wings and pizza.

Now you know at least 15 people didn't even open your post.....just ran straight to the grocery store for a week's supply of bread and milk. You just a meanie MillCreek. :lol:

• Like 1

I think we should all head home NOW just to be sure! :yahoo: :rofl:

I actually wouldnt mind a little snow..on the weekend. I need some Christmas spirit, and that may help.

To heck with the milk and bread. Bring on the hot cocoa, beef stew or roasts!

Edited by EJ78

You were probably one of those 15 people, doing that, this morning!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You were probably one of those 15 people, doing that, this morning!!! :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Not I, Miss MillCreek. My emergency bad weather supply list:

1. Toilet paper check

2. DiSarrono check

We good!:ph34r: :D

1. Toilet paper check

2. DiSarrono check

I saw you at the grocery store...this morning.......I was being incognito (as usual) :ph34r: :ph34r:

I am happy to report that Barbed wire was seen with the following, at the checkout:

---5 gallons of chocolate milk

---24 rolls of toilet paper

---30 loafs of bread

---10 lbs of SPAM

---10 lbs of bologna

---12 cases of cheap beer

I don't know what she's planning on doing, but, uh, I have............pictures, and it was a sight to be seen!!!!

I saw you at the grocery store...this morning.......I was being incognito (as usual) :ph34r: :ph34r:

I am happy to report that Barbed wire was seen with the following, at the checkout:

---5 gallons of chocolate milk

---24 rolls of toilet paper

---30 loafs of bread

---10 lbs of SPAM

---10 lbs of bologna

---12 cases of cheap beer

I don't know what she's planning on doing, but, uh, I have............pictures, and it was a sight to be seen!!!!

BarbedWire is going to need that toilet paper judging by the rest of the items on that list. :ninja:

BarbedWire is going to need that toilet paper judging by the rest of the items on that list. :ninja:

MillCreek is trying to be funny. Barbed Wire is way too prissy to eat any of that! BLECH!:o

As for power off for days, no different in any other weather.

There is a difference. One if there is snow and ice then there is cold ass weather so no power means you will be cold as sheeze. Two is that with snow and ice and no power the roads more than likely will be messed up and take my word for 90% of the people around here have no idea how to drive on it so they will be stuck unlike a summer storm knocking the power out and you are able to pack the family up and go somewhere else.

I know at whose house I want to be stranded during a snowstorm! :drinks:

I have a friend who always buys ice cream for emergencies...in case she has to eat it before it melts. :rofl:

1. Toilet paper check

2. DiSarrono check

As for power off for days, no different in any other weather.

The power off for "days" got me thinking. Since we don't live up in the Blairesville or Brasstown Bald area,how many times in the past 40 years have any of you had your power off due to cold weather related storms, for more than 12 hours?

The power off for "days" got me thinking. Since we don't live up in the Blairesville or Brasstown Bald area,how many times in the past 40 years have any of you had your power off due to cold weather related storms, for more than 12 hours?

March 1993 to be exact. Storm of the century. Couldn't get out of my driveway for 5 days the drifts were so high.No electricity. I was sure thankful hubby had gone to the store in advance, and it could very well happen again.

March 1993 to be exact. Storm of the century. Couldn't get out of my driveway for 5 days the drifts were so high.No electricity. I was sure thankful hubby had gone to the store in advance, and it could very well happen again.

I remember that very well. The night it stormed was the first night my new baby slept through the night!!

I was living south of Atlanta at that time, but remember that storm. It was labeled the Storm of the Century, which indicates it's very very unique. One or two times in 40 years is pretty good odds. I take the forecast for flooding and tornadoes much more serious because they are weather systems that we are much more prone to experience and do on many occasions. Usually in their aftermath destruction of property is left which dictates into huge financial loss. Those systems bring me tainted water with no sewage, no housing and possible death. I can always wrap up in some extra blankets, throw another log on the fire and eat food from the pantry for a day or two until the 1/4-3 inches of snow or ice melts.

I remember that very well. The night it stormed was the first night my new baby slept through the night!!

I was pregnant with my 3rd child and due anyday. It was a scary time wondering what would happen if I needed to get to the hospital.No heat or electricity for 7 days is a long time.

I was living south of Atlanta at that time, but remember that storm. It was labeled the Storm of the Century, which indicates it's very very unique. One or two times in 40 years is pretty good odds. I take the forecast for flooding and tornadoes much more serious because they are weather systems that we are much more prone to experience and do on many occasions. Usually in their aftermath destruction of property is left which dictates into huge financial loss. Those systems bring me tainted water with no sewage, no housing and possible death. I can always wrap up in some extra blankets, throw another log on the fire and eat food from the pantry for a day or two until the 1/4-3 inches of snow or ice melts.

If it happened once, it can certainly happen again, at anytime during Ga. winters. Actually in 1993, we were only expected to get 1 or 2 inches and wound up with 13 inches!!! If they say a couple of inches in the mts, and a dusting here, you can bet on 5 to 6 inches in the mts, and 1 to 4 inches here, LOL! weather is not something I take lightly

I remember the 1993 storm also. Then in early 2000 I was living in Suwanee and there was an ice storm that knocked out power but I'm not sure for how long. We also experienced power being knocked out when we lived in Dahlonega from ice. I'm not saying that just because flurries are predicted that you need to buy out all the milk and bread, but there have been times when we have gotten more than what they expected and it's best to have a little extra bread in the house just in case.

When Snow Jam hit, we were without power for about 4 days. We were also without power one Christmas for the better part of 2 days--can't remember the year but in the late 1980s. Kids thought it was cool because we cooked Christmas breakfast in the fireplace. We were going to my sister's for Christmas dinner and my part was already cooked so it didn't have an effect on that.

We used to lose power for just about any kind of storm--wind, thunder, ice, snow. Something changed about 15 years ago and Greystone apparently made tremendous improvements and it's rare that we lose power now. Even during Opal, Katrina, Dennis, Ivan and the blizzard of '93, we didn't lose power for more than an hour or so. :good:

Didn't live here in 1993 for "the storm", but was here for the last Atlanta Super Bowl hosting -- lost power for 3 days (and everything in the frig), then a couple of weeks later did the same thing again!!

I.was.not.happy.camper.replacing.frig.twice :(

but luckily didn't lose the freezer but for a few items!!

Little know fact:

One of the best selling items when there REALLY IS a snow scare..........ice cream.

I suppose it taste just as good in front of a fire in the fireplace as it does outside in the summer time.

My sources: 22 years in the grocery business.