Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
dbolen07

What to do

I had a neighbor ( that I don't know very well) leave their child with me this morning at 830, so they could go to the doctor. THey told me they would be back in 2 hours. I have not heard from them....the number I have for the momis disconnected....I have no other contact numbers, no names for other family members and I don't know what to do. I have no car seat for the child whos is 3. Please I need advise on what to do and when do I do it?

TIA

I had a neighbor ( that I don't know very well) leave their child with me this morning at 830, so they could go to the doctor. THey told me they would be back in 2 hours. I have not heard from them....the number I have for the momis disconnected....I have no other contact numbers, no names for other family members and I don't know what to do. I have no car seat for the child whos is 3. Please I need advise on what to do and when do I do it?

TIA

have you gone by the house??

have you gone by the house??

Yes, they live 2 houses over and they have not returned to the house at all today....I have places I needed to go and can not do that. I am worried and upset at the same time. I would never leave my kids with someone (i barely know) and not call and check on them...I would never leave them for longer than I said unless it couldn't be helped. I am so frustrated and don't know where to go from here.

Does she have your number to contact you?

Yes, they have my cell number...don't know if they have it with them though.

If you can't go to the house maybe you know someone that could. Did this person live alone? Other than that I think I would call the non-emergency number for pcso and ask them what to do.

The husband is with her and no other kids live with them that are school age. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't know the name of the dr office.

The husband is with her and no other kids live with them that are school age. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Don't know the name of the dr office.

well if they told you they would be back in a couple of hours and they are not back yet and haven't even called to check on the child, I would call the non-emergency line for the pcso and ask them what you should do. Do you know where either one of them work? Maybe you can call one of their work places and get them to get intouch with them somehow?? just a thought

Yes, they live 2 houses over and they have not returned to the house at all today....I have places I needed to go and can not do that. I am worried and upset at the same time. I would never leave my kids with someone (i barely know) and not call and check on them...I would never leave them for longer than I said unless it couldn't be helped. I am so frustrated and don't know where to go from here.

Yes, they have my cell number...don't know if they have it with them though.

Maybe she is in that same boat, or maybe not not since her phone is disconnected maybe she just doesn't have easy access.

Lesson learned huh? I think all of us have been taken advantage of at some point or other.

Have you tried talking with another neighbor that may know them a little better and may have some contact information? I am not sure I would have agreed to watch someones child had I not really known them or made sure I had contact numbers.

Yeah, I'd call SO non-emergency line and ask what to do. DANG...without even a car seat, you really are in a pickle. (I cannot imagine dropping a kid with a neighbor and not even checking in by phone unless I were on fire.)

They have only lived there about a month and as far as I know they are not employed. How long do I wait before I call the non emergency line for PCSO? THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!

I think you have waited long enough. I would call now. It sounds like they have abandoned their child or something else serious has happened.

They have only lived there about a month and as far as I know they are not employed. How long do I wait before I call the non emergency line for PCSO? THIS IS SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!!!!!

No harm in calling them now to find out the steps you need to take.

Umm, they left the child at 8:30 and its 2:30 and you havent heard anything from them yet? Id definitely be calling the SO like 2 hours ago LOL. Good luck.

I would call now. Only because they may know where they are. In jail, hospital, or something. All I have to say...is at least the child is safe. I'm actually glad you agreed. Maybe it wasnt a doctors appointment after all.

ETA: I think the SO is called when you are 30 minutes late picking your child up at ASP.

Edited by EJ78
  • Like 1

Just a thought, did you make it clear to them that you needed to leave this afternoon or did you act like it was no inconvenience at all? The reason I ask, is even though they said a couple of hours, they may not be aware that they are interfering with your schedule. Of course, I would think that most parents would have checked in by now in any circumstance, but there is no license or test required to have kids.

If you are worried about the parents well being, then I would call the SO, but if you are just mad because you have to change your schedule is it really worth it?

Well, knowing that the child is in good hands is good to know. I read all the posts and I'm hoping that they didn't get into a car accident or maybe they received bad news at the doctors office and had to be admitted to the hospital and the mother of the child or the father for that matter became so frantic that they wished they could be in two places at once but thought better to take care of said problem. When faced with bad news, or something horrific happens, people tend not to think to clearly. However, I would call whomever had my child and tell them what was going on. But, then again, I would never leave my child with someone that I barely knew let alone for a month.

I would call now. Only because they may know where they are. In jail, hospital, or something. All I have to say...is at least the child is safe. I'm actually glad you agreed. Maybe it wasnt a doctors appointment after all.

ETA: I think the SO is called when you are 30 minutes late picking your child up at ASP.

thats what I was thinking also

They said no law was broken...they were going to see if they were in jail and said to wait a few more hours then call DFAS.

I think you have waited long enough. I would call now. It sounds like they have abandoned their child or something else serious has happened.

This is my feeling.

They said no law was broken...they were going to see if they were in jail and said to wait a few more hours then call DFAS.

Well maybe parents will show up soon...if not then do call DFAS.

the fact that they left their child with a person they hardly know would be the first red flag that these people are either up to no good or complete morons or both. I would call the cops.

Well I hope they show up....keep us posted

the fact that they left their child with a person they hardly know would be the first red flag that these people are either up to no good or complete morons or both. I would call the cops.

Agreed (even if that silly pic of Randy Quaid does make me cringe...heh). Bless your heart...this is a tough situation to be in. I'd do what the SO said, though, and call DFCS in a little while if the parents don't show. This is so sad.

BTW - if they do show up, I'd take a STRIP off their hides for behaving thusly. I'd let them know I called the SO, too. There is NO excuse, unless they are both in the hospital in a coma.

Edited by mei lan

Quite honestly, I'd probably wait days before calling DFACS (and would only call at all to prevent myself from kidnapping charges) and then when they got there I would ask them if they would be interested in allowing me to adopt their child.

Of course, I've seen the HORRORS that happen with children that end up in DFACS custody.

Calling the police/DFACS is probably the right thing to do, I just wouldn't.

• Like 1

Quite honestly, I'd probably wait days before calling DFACS (and would only call at all to prevent myself from kidnapping charges) and then when they got there I would ask them if they would be interested in allowing me to adopt their child.

Of course, I've seen the HORRORS that happen with children that end up in DFACS custody.

Same here.

You make an EXCELLENT point. EXCELLENT, I say. I personally would do the very same thing, only I'd probably call DFCS sooner than a few days. I would also make sure I had everything available to care for the child so I could show them, and then offer to keep the kid on the spot and hope they said yes. Both my siblings are adopted, and the thought of a child being in the system for even a day just makes me feel ill.

Another reason why I really like you, btw. (Obviously, I am still in that annoyingly gushy mood from yesterday. :angry2: :D)

I have had this happen and sadly had to call DFACS cause a child I was watching was not wanted anymore! I let the child spend the night with me cause I do have a in home daycare and was told they would be picked up by 12.00pm the next day *No problem since my whole life is children* well 12 rolled around and nothing then 5 came and before I knew it I was putting the baby down for bed time I kept the sweet girl 3 nights and did not hear a thing from mom and called DFACS! They picked up the child and it broke my heart cause she was so sweet!

I hope this is not your case cause it made me cry everytime I thought about it!

Maybe they just ran into car trouble or somthing!

You make an EXCELLENT point. EXCELLENT, I say. I personally would do the very same thing, only I'd probably call DFCS sooner than a few days. I would also make sure I had everything available to care for the child so I could show them, and then offer to keep the kid on the spot and hope they said yes. Both my siblings are adopted, and the thought of a child being in the system for even a day just makes me feel ill.

Another reason why I really like you, btw. (Obviously, I am still in that annoyingly gushy mood from yesterday. :angry2: :D)

I'm sure that I would probably give it 24 hours and then call, only because if these people are okay to leave their child with a virtual stranger, then they are also probably capable of saying that I kidnapped them or some other such craziness.

But, I probably would give it 24 hours, because I think that law enforcement (and a jury) would consider that to be reasonable. But I'd give it every bit in hopes of saving that child. At 3 years, with 2 unemployed parents, we all know how this story will likely end.

If the parents are not back by tomorrow morning, I would call the police and file a missing persons report. As for the advice for you to NOT call DFACS - think about this: What do you think will happen if something horrible has happened to the parents and you wait several days to report them missing?

If the parents are not back by tomorrow morning, I would call the police and file a missing persons report. As for the advice for you to NOT call DFACS - think about this: What do you think will happen if something horrible has happened to the parents and you wait several days to report them missing?

She already called the SO. You dont call DFCS to file a missing person report, you call them to come remove the child.