Paulding.com
Sign in to follow this  
TJB

John Lennon Was Killed 30 Years Ago Today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYhaZ2pV0CQ

Edited by MsGaStorm
  • Like 1

I can't believe it's been 30 years since his death, it seems like yesterday.

I remember the day well. I was at Disneyworld with my daughter when we heard the news.

I was only 4 years old when he was killed so I don't remember it, but he was a true artist that was taken from us to soon. I would have loved to see him perform and often wonder what kind of music he would have released had he lived a longer life.

john-lennon.jpg

I hate to be bah-hum-bug but John Lennon died 30 yrs ago Dec. 8th (tomorrow). I remember vividly when the TV was turned on when I got to the maternity ward early the morning of Dec. 9th and the shocking news of his killing the night before was everywhere! It was so SAD - and senseless!!!! Twelve hours later my precious daughter was born.

I'm one of those strange birds who think his music is crap, but I certainly didn't want him dead. I was standing on the very sidewalk where he was killed not two days before, looking up at the Dakota. Weird feeling when I heard the news.

I hate to be bah-hum-bug but John Lennon died 30 yrs ago Dec. 8th (tomorrow). I remember vividly when the TV was turned on when I got to the maternity ward early the morning of Dec. 9th and the shocking news of his killing the night before was everywhere! It was so SAD - and senseless!!!! Twelve hours later my precious daughter was born.

Sorry, I thought today was the 8th. I remember hearing it while watching Monday night Football.

Only the good die young. Imagine :wub: .

Sorry, I thought today was the 8th. I remember hearing it while watching Monday night Football.

I also remember hearing about it from Howard Cosell during Monday night football. I thought it was strange that Howard said John Lennon was probably the best known of all the Beatles. All the Beatles had pretty good name recognition. But at that time, Paul McCartney had been touring the world with his band "Wings", and enjoyed a string of hits. John had just recently come out with his come back album.

I also remember hearing about it from Howard Cosell during Monday night football. I thought it was strange that Howard said John Lennon was probably the best known of all the Beatles. All the Beatles had pretty good name recognition. But at that time, Paul McCartney had been touring the world with his band "Wings", and enjoyed a string of hits. John had just recently come out with his come back album.

Lennon's death prompted McCartney to stop touring for a long time. I've seen McCartney but wish I could have seen Lennon.

"I'm just sitting here watching the wheels go round and round........"

I too, would have liked to see what kind of music he would have made.

If he was still alive today.. and making music.. I would probably still hate it.

Paul McCartney.. hate his music too.

I remember being in Elem School and one of my best friends took 5 of us screaming girls to see "Hard Days Night" at the theater. We are all crazy about the Beatles. :lol: Paul was always my favorite - the cutest. I also remember about that time my Daddy making the statement the two worse things to happen to the US were The Beatles and LBJ.

If he was still alive today.. and making music.. I would probably still hate it.

Paul McCartney.. hate his music too.

:o