Paulding.com

MILL POINTE SUB DIVISION!

What's really scarey is the fact that the holidays are here.. the kids are out of school this week. What happens if he happens to walk into a home this week with an older child(ren) at home alone while their parents are at work?? That could be a very bad situation.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My neighbor was broken into today around 1:30PM. They got in thru the back kitchen window - they took guns, jewerly and only a few tools..he/she, they didn't take any electronics.   One of the neigh

I have a REAL Comcast Truck and I will gladly ride thru your subdivision looking for that FAKE one.. They like to steal our equipment too... So.. Don't shoot me in my bucket truck.. I'm just cruisin

Let me be clear, I EXPECT law enforcement to catch criminals. I will not be satisfied with "they are doing their best with what they've got".

...and law enforcement wants to catch criminals. However, since crystal balls are not standard issue sometimes it takes time if there are no solid leads to give a starting point even with the most diligent investigations.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but my point was that I or other citizens can't catch the crooks or send them to jail. All I can do is shoot them and send them to their Maker should I happen to be home when they try to break in.

Citizens can most certainly do something to help solve crime by simply being aware of their surroundings. Most people know if vehicles or persons are out of place. You may know that truck does not belong to your neighbor and that there are normally no vehicles there during the work day. The officer patrolling the area would have no way of knowing that even if they happened to be passing by at the right place at the right time. A good neighborhood watch will go farther in solving something like this than anything else.

Edited by Ugadawgs98

You know what's even sadder, is that they just did a story on the tire slashers in PC..now this....not good PR for Paulding County

Does not make Paulding look any worse than ANYWHERE else. This stuff happens all over.

So, the police isn't doing enough? Really?

New's at 5 said it, now Monica Pearson is saying that...And where did they get that from? WOW!!!

On another note, they spoke of Paulding reporting or being involved about some Mayor in Braselton, something to that. Any one have the complete story on that?

I have to stand up and say - I'm not frightened - I'm pissed. Someone has invaded my quiet safe neighborhood and taken things from it. And, I'm not going to stand for it. Frightened is just setting yourself up to be taken advantage of. The fact is that us watching out for each other is what is going to stop this.

The fact is that no SO is ever going to be able to figure out if the red truck in your neighbor's driveway belongs there or not. They don't know and can't know what's normal. I've never seen the comcast van. But, you better believe that I'll call the cops if I see one.

Put your stuff away - secure it well - don't leave things where they can seen or easily taken. Put valuables in a safe or other secure location. Watch out for your neighbors. I've seen four SO drive through the neighborhood tonight. I've seen 7 neighbors driving through the neighborhood. I know of four of us that are driving the neighborhood at different times during the day. I know have a good idea of what "normal" looks like in the back of the neigborhood. I've gone and gotten the paint ball gun from the farm. Fact is that I can tag someone's A$$ and mark them pretty well. Try explaining the fact that you've been turned in to the cops and you've got the big orange blob and bruise still on you.

No, I'm not frightened. I'm ticked - I'm smart - I'm watching.

And, what I'm truly dreading is when these stupid idiots break into the wrong house and get thier a$$ shot and killed. Then, we're going to have to go through the whole - he was such a good boy. He has such a future. He sang like an angel. That's what I don't want to deal with - the garbage about how wonderful this/these thief/thieves were. Yuck.

I have to stand up and say - I'm not frightened - I'm pissed. Someone has invaded my quiet safe neighborhood and taken things from it. And, I'm not going to stand for it. Frightened is just setting yourself up to be taken advantage of. The fact is that us watching out for each other is what is going to stop this.

The fact is that no SO is ever going to be able to figure out if the red truck in your neighbor's driveway belongs there or not. They don't know and can't know what's normal. I've never seen the comcast van. But, you better believe that I'll call the cops if I see one.

Put your stuff away - secure it well - don't leave things where they can seen or easily taken. Put valuables in a safe or other secure location. Watch out for your neighbors. I've seen four SO drive through the neighborhood tonight. I've seen 7 neighbors driving through the neighborhood. I know of four of us that are driving the neighborhood at different times during the day. I know have a good idea of what "normal" looks like in the back of the neigborhood. I've gone and gotten the paint ball gun from the farm. Fact is that I can tag someone's A$$ and mark them pretty well. Try explaining the fact that you've been turned in to the cops and you've got the big orange blob and bruise still on you.

And, what I'm truly dreading is when these stupid idiots break into the wrong house and get thier a$$ shot and killed. Then, we're going to have to go through the whole - he was such a good boy. He has such a future. He sang like an angel. That's what I don't want to deal with - the garbage about how wonderful this/these thief/thieves were. Yuck.

:good:

Just Thinkin...you have said that so well!

I am just pissed off at this point!

I drove thru today 3 times. And saw several people driving thru in between.

Keep it up and we will catch them!

On a good note...I got an email from a resident here in Mill Pointe stating that one day last week a young kid in a black hoodie came to his door and asked if he had seen his dog...The resident thought that was very odd, he said he was on foot. Anyway, he meets the description and the neighbor is going to call tomorrow to report it.

Good for you!! I hope there are some folks like you in my neighborhood.:clapping:

Just Thinkin...you have said that so well!

I am just pissed off at this point!

I drove thru today 3 times. And saw several people driving thru in between.

Keep it up and we will catch them!

On a good note...I got an email from a resident here in Mill Pointe stating that one day last week a young kid in a black hoodie came to his door and asked if he had seen his dog...The resident thought that was very odd, he said he was on foot. Anyway, he meets the description and the neighbor is going to call tomorrow to report it.

you know it could very well be someone right there in the neighborhood doing this.

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

It is people like you that will help put a stop to this.

I have a REAL Comcast Truck :good: and I will gladly ride thru your subdivision looking for that FAKE one.. They like to steal our equipment too... So.. Don't shoot me in my bucket truck.. I'm just cruising.. :rofl:

Well, if you're the goob who keeps parking in my front yard leaving big ol' tire crap marks when you pull off so that I have to keep reseeding the grass, I won't shoot you, but I will box your ears. :D

I listen to the scanner at work most of the time.

This morning, I heard a deputy say she was in Mill Pointe subdivision, but I don't remember what her code was (and I recognize most of the regular ones.) I was busy, so I couldn't listen closely, but I remember thinking that they must be giving more attention to patrol.

The call for the suspicious vehicle was this afternoon around 3pm. Solo's description of the person is exactly what they said. The vehicle was a faded red pickup truck with all of the letters on it gone except for "Y" & "O".

I never heard any other reference to it (again, busy at work) but it's good to see everyone working together to make sure the perps are caught.

(By the way, I understand the frustration of the homeowners of the community. But I am one of PCSO's biggest fans, and I have every confidence that they are working hard to solve these crimes. I know they will very soon! And I live VERY close to the neighborhood, so I am paying close attention! ;) )

you know it could very well be someone right there in the neighborhood doing this.

This would be my guess, too. In general, when a certain area is targeted repeatedly, it is someone who knows the area WELL.

This whole situation reminds me of the Victoria Cove situation not too long ago. <_<

Considering this has been happening in the same neighborhood and in one case the same house twice, has anyone thought about any fellow neighbors? Perhaps someone with no job who is home and sees when people are home and not?

Oh just saw this now.

Thats what happened in our neighborhood. This shady dude was B&E houses, cars etc

The one neighbor he hit was a single mom of two who happened to have been off on military related things both times he broke in.

I have seen the pick up truck with the Y and the O....I don't believe it's "from" this neighborhood.

I wonder what ever happened with that call.

someone posted in another thread that her boyfriend driving that truck was turned in - she's not happy about it. Oh well.

Considering this has been happening in the same neighborhood and in one case the same house twice, has anyone thought about any fellow neighbors? Perhaps someone with no job who is home and sees when people are home and not?

Oh just saw this now.

Thats what happened in our neighborhood. This shady dude was B&E houses, cars etc

The one neighbor he hit was a single mom of two who happened to have been off on military related things both times he broke in.

It would have to be somebody new as this has never happened in the neighborhood before. I don't recall anyone new moving into the neighborhood in a long, long time. That's not to say it couldn't be someone who's "staying" with a resident...I hope like heck that's not the case as the very thought sickens me.

It would have to be somebody new as this has never happened in the neighborhood before. I don't recall anyone new moving into the neighborhood in a long, long time. That's not to say it couldn't be someone who's "staying" with a resident...I hope like heck that's not the case as the very thought sickens me.

I wouldn't be quick to think it would be someone new. You never know what crazy things people do when they come into certain life changes.

In the case in ours the guy is staying with someone. Wanders around the neighborhood at about 3am. Really creepy. Heck maybe its the same guy :lol:

It's a shame he got let back out!

someone posted in another thread that her boyfriend driving that truck was turned in - she's not happy about it. Oh well.

We werent mad,just concerned that the attention was turned away from who is actuallty comitting these crimes.My boyfriend driving said truck has been living in this very neighborhood (driving the same truck) for a year and a half.He is very protective of my small children and our home.I just dont want anyone mistaking a bonafide fellow concerned neighbor for a suspect.Thankyou all for being vigilant and a big thankyou to the PO for following up on any possibilities.Now,lets move foward in protecting our neighborhood we all take great pride in living in.

Just wondering how it went today in the neighborhood....I heard that a couple cars came thru....

Did see the SO swing through our road before lunch. I've been busy hooking up the alarm system I bought but never installed fully so if others passed through I might not have seen them. Will tell you programming those alarms will drive you nutty.

Do you think this is legit???

Yeah, believe so. They went to your house first, then neighbor between us. Didn't come here as I was glaring at them through the window watching them, then went next door to me, then across the street and down.

Edited by Brad_W

Scanner just had a call on a red truck at a residence that a neighbor was watching while the owners are out of town. I didn't catch the name of the s/d it was at. Neighbor said that nobody should be there.

I have always heard that a picture is worth a thousand words, and I suppose two pictures would be worth two thousand words. And since most people nowadays have digital cameras, my suggestion would be to keep your camera close by and handy and if you see something suspicious, snap a couple of pictures, and if possible zoom up on a tag number. I think this could be more helpful to the SO than a dozen descriptions.

If it turns out to be nothing, or just your neighbors "cousin" or something, then I would think they would still be very thankful that someone was watching and helping them to protect their property.

Ivy, that's a great idea! That does away with having to remember anything (tag #, etc.), and many folks always have their cell phones with them. A picture might also trigger someone else's memory if they saw it. Cool idea.

The only thing I can think of that would help more is if the subdivision had a monorail. :D :D :D (I am so messin' with you. Please feel free to slap me with a wet noodle. :))

PS - I just thought of something...I'm going to pass along your idea to our Neighborhood Watch folks for our subdivision as well. You get a mayberry (I'm the self-anointed official mayberry giver-outer)! Which makes me think - hey, Popo, I think you should give Ivylove a mayberry for her idea! (Also, for being such a good sport when I pick on her. :))

Ms. Avalon, can you please PM me to tell me what happen, I live in Mill Pointe........Thanks

Just wanted to say thank you to PCSO for all of their hard work for Mill Pointe residents yesterday! We really appreciate what you did for us! I hesitant to say specifically what they did on here as I hope that they will be able to do so again and catch these thugs!