Paulding.com

MILL POINTE SUB DIVISION!

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My neighbor was broken into today around 1:30PM. They got in thru the back kitchen window - they took guns, jewerly and only a few tools..he/she, they didn't take any electronics.   One of the neigh

I have a REAL Comcast Truck and I will gladly ride thru your subdivision looking for that FAKE one.. They like to steal our equipment too... So.. Don't shoot me in my bucket truck.. I'm just cruisin

The crook has revisited Moorechick's neighbors this morning. Moorechick wants me to let everyone know that Channel 2 News will be in the neighborhood at noon today. Please come out and support the residents of Mill Pointe and let this creep know that we are watching for him...

Edited by carolg

Did they hit the same house or another one next door ?

Same house Brad....same window....sad that most of the neighbors were home!

News is here now - come out if you are home and be seen!!!!!!!

Im sure the main reason you may not be seeing patrol cars in the subdivison is because the SO has less than fifteen cars per shift (fewer in the daytime) trying to patrol a 340 square mile county. And like Pubby said the SO simply does not have the staff to patrol due to budget cuts, furloughs, etc. Due to the size of the county and increased population the SO needs alomost double the staff they currently have.

Keep this in mind, Paulding and Cobb are almost equal in land size and Paulding has fifteen units per shift where Cob has well over 50. (of course Cobb's population is much higher.) Just food for thought.

Let's keep in mind that the County Board of Commissioners just increased our taxes and additionally the voters just re-approved the SPLOST - lets not blame the lack of fund or budgets.

The tax payers of the County are doing their part.

Well, I hope all works out for everyone involved that lives in that subdivision. I am being sincere! On the other hand, I wish you would give the sheriff department a chance before you called the news station to come out and handle it. But, then again, that might be a good thing so the theives know you guys mean business and taking back your subdivision.

I told you they had this on the news last week concerning the fake comcast trucks.

I swear people that live outside of Paulding must think we are a bunch of idiots and that we can't fend for ourselves and come out here to TRY and harm, rob, or what not...Well, they are sadly mistaken. If there is one thing I've learned living in this county is how everyone rallies together to protect their own. Meaning Paulding is YOURs/OURs......

Yes, I have mixed emotions about the news.....

I have mixed feeling about it too. The SO can't be every where at once. They caught the tire slashers and I believe they will get these guys too. I wonder if the homes that have been hit have alarms? Neighborhood watch is very effective and may be the the best answer right now.. I would be in a panic if I lived there.

I have mixed feeling about it too. The SO can't be every where at once. They caught the tire slashers and I believe they will get these guys too. I wonder if the homes that have been hit have alarms? Neighborhood watch is very effective and may be the the best answer right now.. I would be in a panic if I lived there.

I keep wondering about the tire slashers..everyone keeps saying the SO caught them..I can not help but wonder if someone saw or heard them and caled 911 to report it and the SO was able to get there in time to catch them. I guess what I am saying is that it takes EVERYONE to put a stop to things lke this. We need to be aware of what is going on around us and report it so that the police can check things out. It takes both the Police and the rest of us to do the job.

I keep wondering about the tire slashers..everyone keeps saying the SO caught them..I can not help but wonder if someone saw or heard them and caled 911 to report it and the SO was able to get there in time to catch them. I guess what I am saying is that it takes EVERYONE to put a stop to things lke this. We need to be aware of what is going on around us and report it so that the police can check things out. It takes both the Police and the rest of us to do the job.

:good:

I can't help but wonder (and this is only MY opinion) if the news was contacted because they feel the sheriff office isn't doing much about. If so, I am totally against that 100%. Give them a chance!!! Besides for everytime they were called about a robbery they went. So, one thing for sure they have it all document and I'm sure they know that area is a target.

I can't help but wonder (and this is only MY opinion) if the news was contacted because they feel the sheriff office isn't doing much about. If so, I am totally against that 100%. Give them a chance!!! Besides for everytime they were called about a robbery they went. So, one thing for sure they have it all document and I'm sure they know that area is a target.

I agree, anytime you call them they do show up. I listen to the scanner on a daily basis and they do get backed up sometimes and it takes them a little longer to get to calls, but they always take the most urgent call first. You hear of other officers switching zones to help cover calls..they aren't just sitting around waiting for something to do. Like Solo said, its up to us and them to catch these jerks who think its ok to steal...but we have to be their eyes when they are not around and be ready to contact them when we see wrong doing or suspicious activity.

I totally understand about having a watch, but please remember this is happening in the daytime. Mostly all in the subdivision work. Sadly, I guess an alarm system maybe the only "real" answer, since there is only so much Paulding citizens can do. I am so tired of hearing excuses from our County.

I do not want anyone to have their home broken into, but honestly this is unacceptable and until you experience something like this, you will never know. We should have some type of protection from our law enforcement dept. instead of excuses. What does it take??

You are wrong, they were contacted to get the word out, just as they were contacted about the Tire Slashers.

Lucky...do you live in Mill Pointe? We are all scared here, nervous and on edge. It's called getting the word out as much as possible!

BTW - the more help the SO has, the quicker we can catch these low lifes before someone gets hurt. We don't have time to wait.

Edited by moorechick

I totally understand about having a watch, but please remember this is happening in the daytime. Mostly all in the subdivision work. Sadly, I guess an alarm system maybe the only "real" answer, since there is only so much Paulding citizens can do. I am so tired of hearing excuses from our County.

I do not want anyone to have their home broken into, but honestly this is unacceptable and until you experience something like this, you will never know. We should have some type of protection from our law enforcement dept. instead of excuses. What does it take??

Getting the word out, as much as possible, and calling the media. Hopefully, this will help. We do have a lot of Stay at Home in our SD - in fact I was just out and about and I was talking to some of them and they had NO IDEA what was going on. That is even sadder.

Hopefully, posting on here, and on WSBTV will help out or little community! That's what they are there to do right, help us?

Give them a chance?? The first of the PCSD's chances started two weeks ago with the first report. What have they done since that time? Six DAYTIME break-in's later and no visible step up in patrols noticed by ANYONE in the neighborhood, victims who are apparently getting no satisfaction, no communication between investigators and residents. Is there even an investigation going on? Is there a detective assigned? What is the patrol schedule? Sorry but your certainty about what the department knows doesn't make me worry less about the safety of my property. The question is what is law enforcement doing? In a case as extreme as this, if citizens can get no response from the SO then calling the media is exactly the right thing to do!

You are wrong, they were contacted to get the word out, just as they were contacted about the Tire Slashers.

Lucky...do you live in Mill Pointe? We are all scared here, nervous and on edge. It's called getting the word out as much as possible!

BTW - the more help the SO has, the quicker we can catch these low lifes before someone gets hurt. We don't have time to wait.

I understand and completely understand about being scared and nervous. I hope they catch this nut driving around in a fake comcast vehicle and the nuts that are breaking into the homes in your subdivision. I'm sorry if I'm coming off wrong. It makes sense on what you are trying to do, but I hope for all the right reasons other than catching these crooks.

What was making me think is the part I read here that someone was told they would have to pay for an officer to patrol this particular subdivision and when I mentioned about channel 2 news speaking about the fake comcast truck, next post was about contacting them about this. Almost like saying the sheriff's aren't doing their jobs.

:good: I agree. I agree with Lucky64 too. If the motive behind calling the News folks is to get the message out to people so they can be on the look out then I think it might help. If it is to talk about any failure on the part of the SO then I would disagree at this stage. I am sure they are doing all that they can given the resourses they have.

Good locks on windows and doors, strong doors, in some cases burglar bars, and an alarm system would all help to deter the thieves. I feel so bad for the folks who are going through this.

:good: I agree. I agree with Lucky64 too. If the motive behind calling the News folks is to get the message out to people so they can be on the look out then I think it might help. If it is to talk about any failure on the part of the SO then I would disagree at this stage. I am sure they are doing all that they can given the resourses they have.

Good locks on windows and doors, strong doors, in some cases burglar bars, and an alarm system would all help to deter the thieves. I feel so bad for the folks who are going through this.

I understand where Lucky was coming from, makes sense, but no, it's to get everyone's attention about this. Like I said I was just out and about in the s/d talking to neighbors and they had NO IDEA this was happening.

Those of us who haven't been hit, feel like sitting ducks, and those that have been hit, we feel horrible for!

I think the news story is a good idea. The ones committing the crimes may see it and decide against it next time.

Amen!!! That's what I wrote in one of my posts above and totally agree with. The news story when it get's out and the crooks see it, they might think twice. BUT and there is always a BUT. This might slow them down, and we won't catch them and they won't get punished or they might move on to some place else. Just about, dang if you do, dang if you don't! Also REMEMBER, they always mess up one time or another.

Burglar bars. I realize you were just making helpful suggestions, but reading that just brought something home to me. I this what our county has come to? Is Mill Pointe to look like streets in South Fulton or DeKalb? If I have to go buy burglar bars (which can get you killed in a fire btw) to make my family feel safe, I might as well go pay taxes in a county closer to work and with better schools. I didn't move to Paulding so I could put iron bars on my windows to protect my property.

Let me be clear, I EXPECT law enforcement to catch criminals. I will not be satisfied with "they are doing their best with what they've got". I am armed and will defend myself, but I cannot investigate crime at my neighbor's house, I cannot obtain a search warrant to look for stolen property, I cannot arrest and question suspects. That is what we pay a Sheriff's Department for. And the frustration in this situation comes from the fact that none of that is happening and victims are being treated as if they are not important. Six break-in's in ten days in one neighborhood is not something any taxpayer in this county should accept from their law enforcement professionals.

I do not buy that the problem is such a desperate lack of resources. This county has a budget SURPLUS and as was pointed out earlier just raised taxes to increase that surplus as well as extended a splost that was to benefit law enforcement. Before I buy bars or another shotgun, it may be time to start attending BOC meeting to figure out why the County's resources are not being used first and foremost for public safety. If the SD is extended too thin, perhaps its time to start talking about a county police department.

Edited by The Guru

I have a REAL Comcast Truck :good: and I will gladly ride thru your subdivision looking for that FAKE one.. They like to steal our equipment too... So.. Don't shoot me in my bucket truck.. I'm just cruising.. :rofl:

Besides, comcast workers wear red shirts as part of their uniform right? And now the trucks say Xfinity right?

Burglar bars. I realize you were just making helpful suggestions, but reading that just brought something home to me. I this what our county has come to? Is Mill Pointe to look like streets in South Fulton or DeKalb? If I have to go buy burglar bars (which can get you killed in a fire btw) to make my family feel safe, I might as well go pay taxes in a county closer to work and with better schools. I didn't move to Paulding so I could put iron bars on my windows to protect my property.

Let me be clear, I EXPECT law enforcement to catch criminals. I will not be satisfied with "they are doing their best with what they've got". I am armed and will defend myself, but I cannot investigate crime at my neighbor's house, I cannot obtain a search warrant to look for stolen property, I cannot arrest and question suspects. That is what we pay a Sheriff's Department for. And the frustration in this situation comes from the fact that none of that is happening and victims are being treated as if they are not important. Six break-in's in ten days in one neighborhood is not something any taxpayer in this county should accept from their law enforcement professionals.

I do not buy that the problem is such a desperate lack of resources. This county has a budget SURPLUS and as was pointed out earlier just raised taxes to increase that surplus as well as extended a splost that was to benefit law enforcement. Before I buy bars or another shotgun, it may be time to start attending BOC meeting to figure out why the County's resources are not being used first and foremost for public safety. If the SD is extended too thin, perhaps its time to start talking about a county police department.

Had a friend who built a new home in Pickett's Mill years ago. She had burglar bars put on all basement windows. It just made for more protection. I don't think we are in a highly dangerous area but we are no longer in Mayberry either. Blaming the Commission and the SO for these break ins is not productive. Blaming the crooks, catching them, and sending them to jail is the productive thing to do. The only other choice you and I have is to make our homes as safe as we possibly can.

YAY!! Guess what...I am sitting here in my front room and a SO car just came thru, sat for a minute and left...okay...let's keep it!

Here in Mill Pointe??

Well I heard on the scanner someone from this neighborhood calling about a suspicious person and the SO responding.

Had a friend who built a new home in Pickett's Mill years ago. She had burglar bars put on all basement windows. It just made for more protection. I don't think we are in a highly dangerous area but we are no longer in Mayberry either. Blaming the Commission and the SO for these break ins is not productive. Blaming the crooks, catching them, and sending them to jail is the productive thing to do. The only other choice you and I have is to make our homes as safe as we possibly can.

Not to beat a dead horse here, but my point was that I or other citizens can't catch the crooks or send them to jail. All I can do is shoot them and send them to their Maker should I happen to be home when they try to break in. So, pressuring the BOC and the SO to do their jobs and protect the citizens is productive and must be done. I think we can agree though that it is ultimately a person's own responsibility to protect their family's life and property. I was just trying to say that staying on your elected officials is another step you can take in addition to alarms, being armed, etc.

Because that is their job to do and they do care about the community. Also (again my opinion) they probably read this thread and know about the news that suppose to show up there. By the way have they? SO don't need the media to show up to do a great job. They can do that all on their own!!!

Congrats!!! I'm glad you were in your front room and saw them. They will get them, it might take time, but rest assure they will get them. Just keep doing what you are and informing the people in your subdivision!!!! Good Work!!! Together we stand, divide we fall!!

YAY!! Guess what...I am sitting here in my front room and a SO car just came thru, sat for a minute and left...okay...let's keep it!

Here in Mill Pointe??

Yes there in Mill Pointe.. do not remember what the guy was driving but it was a white male, black hoody with sunglasses on they called about. I got busy and did not hear the rest of what happened.

recently?

I have scanner on.

Yes there in Mill Pointe.. do not remember what the guy was driving but it was a white male, black hoody with sunglasses on they called about. I got busy and did not hear the rest of what happened.

Here in Mill Pointe??

Yep, was nice to see him come through. Did notice a few of the neighbors are now armed as well.