Paulding.com

WHAT CAN I DO TO HELP THIS MAN?

Long story short. I got this email this morning. It is from a friends email address but I know it was not him typing it. He is a quad ( in a wheel chair unable to travel at all) So I know he has been hacked somehow. It is to early to call him and let him know. What can I do to help him once I do talk to him? Here is the message I got with his name on it......but again I know this is NOT from him. Even though it had his name signed to it. I have to run out for a while but I will keep a check on any advice.

I'm sorry to bother you with this, I had to make a sudden trip out of the country to London,England. I am in a terrible situation which I really need to take care of now. I need a loan of $2,700. I'll explain better and refund the money immediately I get back. I will really appreciate whatever amount you can come up with, if not all. Get back to me asap.

And of course I did NOT respond at all. How can I now protect myself and him?

Like I said he is a quad the email said it came thru at 6:30am he is in bed until the nurses get him up at 10am. Thanks I will call him. He has been dupped before. Bless his heart he trusts to easy.

lol well, duh

:pardon:

well sometimes other like to hear the logical answer before they do it

Like I said he is a quad the email said it came thru at 6:30am he is in bed until the nurses get him up at 10am. Thanks I will call him. He has been dupped before. Bless his heart he trusts to easy.

poor guy

Well, the email probably was not sent to him. It was just sent from his email address. So he would hopefully not send money to himself. ?

Yeah- Just call him and tell him to change his password. That will fix it.

A friend of the family had the exact same thing happen to him. My family received an email from him with the same exact wording. We knew it wasn't the friend. Basically, the email provider security department was already alerted. They basically just told him to change his password.

This email is sent out millions of times everyday. More than likely it was not sent from his account, but just to everyone in his address book from another account from a company that specializes in spam. If he uses any other type of services, such as Facebook, it may be that account that has been compromised since his friend's email addresses may be listed on their profile page. Since the bad guys probably have all of the addresses stored on their computer now, changing his PW will not stop the emails (but he should do it anyway). Sending an email to all of his email buddies letting them know of the situation is a great thing to do.

This email is sent out millions of times everyday. More than likely it was not sent from his account, but just to everyone in his address book from another account from a company that specializes in spam. If he uses any other type of services, such as Facebook, it may be that account that has been compromised since his friend's email addresses may be listed on their profile page. Since the bad guys probably have all of the addresses stored on their computer now, changing his PW will not stop the emails (but he should do it anyway). Sending an email to all of his email buddies letting them know of the situation is a great thing to do.

if you ever get an email with me asking for a few thousand please send the money directly to me...give me a week to get back from my cruise then all and check on me :ninja:

Thanks. So is there anything I need to do now that THEY have my email address?

if you ever get an email with me asking for a few thousand please send the money directly to me...give me a week to get back from my cruise then all and check on me :ninja:

Yeah what she said. :mellow: :unsure: :blink: :ph34r:

heck yeah! that's what I'm talkin' about! :drinks: :yahoo: :lol:

Long story short. I got this email this morning. It is from a friends email address but I know it was not him typing it. He is a quad ( in a wheel chair unable to travel at all) So I know he has been hacked somehow. It is to early to call him and let him know. What can I do to help him once I do talk to him? Here is the message I got with his name on it......but again I know this is NOT from him. Even though it had his name signed to it. I have to run out for a while but I will keep a check on any advice.

I'm sorry to bother you with this, I had to make a sudden trip out of the country to London,England. I am in a terrible situation which I really need to take care of now. I need a loan of $2,700. I'll explain better and refund the money immediately I get back. I will really appreciate whatever amount you can come up with, if not all. Get back to me asap.

And of course I did NOT respond at all. How can I now protect myself and him?

LOL! I got the same note about 2 wks ago that said my fried was in the same place - London! I ignored it and that was the end of it.

I know how this man is and he did not send it. He had someone work on his computer and they get his infomation and are using it to get money. They have all of his numbers to his bank and his credit cards.

He needs to close out that checking account, open a new one and call the credit card companies and tell them what has happened. They can close those accounts and send new cards with new account numbers. He can get a FREE credit report once a year from each credit bureau. We get one from Equifax in February or March, three months later, do one for Experion and then again, threee months later, we do Transunion. We always buy the credit score for something like $7.95. We wait until all the charges have cleared from Christmas shopping and then do Equifax (for the "REAL" score) free report, to see if anything is inaccurate.

Mrs G

Same thing happened to my ex-son-in-law's father. He got one and actually sent the $$ to get our granddaughter out of a jam. The message was that she and her friends had gone shopping in Mexico and that her friend got arrested but she didn't, but needed to get home. Grandad felt so bad he wired the money. He didn't stop to call her parents first - just panicked and did as 'she' asked him to do.

She was at home the whole time. Poor grandaddy felt so bad when he found out he'd been duped and didn't want anybody to know. Now isn't that pitiful???