Paulding.com

When the doctor asks you to come in for your results from a full panel blood draw......

I worked at a doctor's office for several years - we asked patients to come in for ALL results, good or bad. It was just to allow the doctors to explain everything that was tested, whether it was positive or negative and answer any and all questions the patient might have. It made a lot more sense in our office to do it that way, rather than the staff taking the time to call the patient, possibly leave a message, answer a voicemail from the patient, have to page the doctor to call the patient, etc. It was just a much more productive way for our office to handle results.

I worked at a doctor's office for several years - we asked patients to come in for ALL results, good or bad. It was just to allow the doctors to explain everything that was tested, whether it was positive or negative and answer any and all questions the patient might have. It made a lot more sense in our office to do it that way, rather than the staff taking the time to call the patient, possibly leave a message, answer a voicemail from the patient, have to page the doctor to call the patient, etc. It was just a much more productive way for our office to handle results.

Yes,I'm always called in for results,good and bad.

Well, I'll keep y'all in my prayers. I HATE stuff like this! My dr. never calls me in...he just sticks the results in the mail and writes snarky comments all over where he wants me to change things (for some reason, he doesn't think Little Debbies lower triglycerides... :wacko: ), so I have no ideas as to what it could be.

When is the appt.? Please do keep us posted.

Define "full panel blood draw". It could have a wide range of tests included--cholesterol, glucose, iron levels, PSA, thyroid, liver function, heart function. Very little, if anything fatal could be diagnosed on a standard "full panel blood draw". There might be some abnormals that warrant further investigation but as to a terminal illness, highly unlikely and I doubt even possible. IF a doctor diagnosed me with anything terminal on a blood draw, I'd request a different doctor and another lab do another test.

Many doctors won't give you results of blood work over the phone and require you to return for those, even normals. Thank goodness, all of the ones I go to will give results over the phone and will send over copies.

A lot of times that just means they want someone else there who can listen to what they say. For instance, the cholesterol was high and they want the spouse to understand a new diet. When my mom was diagnosed as being diabetic and the doctor sent her to the diabetes counselor, they wanted someone else to go with her so they could understand what she needed to do.

This office has a no news is good news policy and they asked him to bring me. I guess I just want ideas. I'm not worried, per se, just curious about what it could be.

It *could* indicate some illnesses and diseases but again, if it were me and I was diagnosed with something lifechanging based on ONE blood test, I'd ask for another and then additional testing.

I have hemochromatosis (iron overload). It was not diagnosed based on one abnormal blood test. Not even based on a half dozen abnormal blood tests. It was diagnosed after additional testing was done to make sure that was the problem. The blood tests merely indicated that there MIGHT be something wrong and hemochromatosis MIGHT be what was wrong.

Full, as in everything under the sun....which includes blood counts, which can indicate some illnesses and diseases.

It could just mean more testing. I had a similar experience recently. After scheduling my appt for a couple of weeks out, someone else called to move my appointment within a couple o days. I had a follow-up test which led to more tests. Had to have a sonogram. It is a benign cyst and I need to be re-checked in 6 mos as a precaution. A lot of stress and worrying for nothing.

Take a sleeping pill or you will be up all night googling.

You are going to feel baaaaaaaad if it is. Or you may be proud of your prescience.

I won't have any problem sleeping. I have been working my arse off lately and fall into bed asleep.

prolly just lupus.

don't sweat it.

:spewingdietcokeonmonitor: HAHAHAHAHAHAA (Can men even have lupus?)

Blood tests can tell MANY things, but what I'm thinking of with a man could be signs of heart or liver disease (they'd want to do many more tests, I should think). Leukemia (or similar diseases) is the only thing that comes to mind as being diagnosable strictly from a blood test.

Please do keep us posted.

:spewingdietcokeonmonitor: HAHAHAHAHAHAA (Can men even have lupus?)

Blood tests can tell MANY things, but what I'm thinking of with a man could be signs of heart or liver disease (they'd want to do many more tests, I should think). Leukemia (or similar diseases) is the only thing that comes to mind as being diagnosable strictly from a blood test.

Please do keep us posted.

That's what I'm thinking. We shall see.

Prob just lack o nookie, and the doc needs to make sure you take care of it. :lol:

Please don't worry!

Hahahaha, I thought of that. He could talk his doctor into saying that.

They suspect prostate cancer. His PSA is 3.5 and should be way under 1.0 for his age. We are being referred to a urologist.