Paulding.com

I just wanted to get on here today and tell everyone thank you for taking this journey with me and my family. I wanted to post yesterday, but my wife took the day off of work and we had a great time sitting around as a family for what feels like the first time in 6 months. It has been my pleasure getting to know everyone on Pcom through healthy debate, questions and answers, and I now feel like a member of this community.

I put everything I had into this election over the past 6 months and as I reflect upon it, there is nothing that I feel I could or should have done differently. The people of the county voted and now we must all support, question, and engage our representation at all levels in this county and this country. So congratulations to Paulette.

Losing when you put your heart in soul into something is not the easiest thing to take. But what does make it all worth it is the friends that my family and I have made and the journey that we have gone through that has made us all stronger. I apologize if it feels like our community has been divided over this but sometimes that might help in the long run.

Thanks to my supporters and friends, thanks to the people that questioned me and held my feet to the fire, and most importantly thanks to my family for being there through all of this.

This whole experience reminds of a piece of advice that one of my life mentors gave me several years ago that I will never forget:

"it is not the destination, but the journey. It is not the answer but the searching that matters."

Now let's work together to make our community a better place for all of us drinks.gif.

Who likes that idea?

Cheers,

Will Avery

• Like 9

I just wanted to get on here today and tell everyone thank you for taking this journey with me and my family. I wanted to post yesterday, but my wife took the day off of work and we had a great time sitting around as a family for what feels like the first time in 6 months. It has been my pleasure getting to know everyone on Pcom through healthy debate, questions and answers, and I now feel like a member of this community.

I put everything I had into this election over the past 6 months and as I reflect upon it, there is nothing that I feel I could or should have done differently. The people of the county voted and now we must all support, question, and engage our representation at all levels in this county and this country. So congratulations to Paulette.

Losing when you put your heart in soul into something is not the easiest thing to take. But what does make it all worth it is the friends that my family and I have made and the journey that we have gone through that has made us all stronger. I apologize if it feels like our community has been divided over this but sometimes that might help in the long run.

Thanks to my supporters and friends, thanks to the people that questioned me and held my feet to the fire, and most importantly thanks to my family for being there through all of this.

This whole experience reminds of a piece of advice that one of my life mentors gave me several years ago that I will never forget:

"it is not the destination, but the journey. It is not the answer but the searching that matters."

Now let's work together to make our community a better place for all of us drinks.gif.

Who likes that idea?

Cheers,

Will Avery

You are a class act Will and our community is a better place with you and your family in it! Thank you for the sacrifices you have made in running for public office and serving our community. There is no doubt in my mind that wonderful things are waiting in the wings for you.

I agree - let's all pull together and support Paulette as she undertakes this very important endeavor. I know that our support, prayers and feedback will be very valuable to her and I wish her the very best.

And Will, with your intelligence and passion, I just know that you will be enjoy many, many successes in the future.

• Like 1

You are a class act Will and our community is a better place with you and your family in it! Thank you for the sacrifices you have made in running for public office and serving our community. There is no doubt in my mind that wonderful things are waiting in the wings for you.

I agree - let's all pull together and support Paulette as she undertakes this very important endeavor. I know that our support, prayers and feedback will be very valuable to her and I wish her the very best.

And Will, with your intelligence and passion, I just know that you will be enjoy many, many successes in the future.

I hadn't posted on here for a while after I had been "outed," but now that I actually have time beyond politics, I wanted to come back on and thank those of you for both your support and criticism. I have met many of you personally, and it has been a pleasure, and I hope to meet more in time.

Until then, I will end with what Will said. :drinks:

And :ph34r: . I've always wanted occasion to use the ninja.

Putting yourself out there is one of the hardest things a person ever does.

Many people play it safe in their small circle of friends and will never truly understand what it takes for someone to expose themselves to the criticism and scrutiny that comes along with following a dream and believing in one's self.

Making many real friends on your journey is not just a consolation prize, but a pricelesss gift that I know you will always treasure.

This election year has also been very intense for myself, in that I have to hold myself back from all the candidates politics and focus on the person to be fair and help everyone equally with their campaign here on site and to explore both sides of issues to make sure that the post are as fair as possible.

What I am saying is that I see the personal pain that every candidate and their families experience as they go through the process.

Win or lose every candidate in our county can stand proud for the sacrifices they make when they run for office.

You are one of the candidates that I can count as friend when it was all said and done.

WOW...you are something else Will Avery. Hell I don't know you personally and I'm grinning ear to ear with pride that people like you exist among us. Good show. Keep that humble and grateful attitude and you'll succeed no matter what. Keep up the good fight.

WOW...you are something else Will Avery. Hell I don't know you personally and I'm grinning ear to ear with pride that people like you exist among us. Good show. Keep that humble and grateful attitude and you'll succeed no matter what. Keep up the good fight.

:good:

This ones for you, Will:

:drinks:

Ok I did hurt from that night,I would do it again. I am proud that I chose the person not the party. Will it was a gathering like no other. Young old women men,we were united and because of you who brought us together. I am going to continue by belief Will,I will now work harder to make future changes.

Now you did something no other canidate has ever done,you took care of us workers.You had water,shirts & rain gear for us. Then you delivered great food those subs were great,you thanked us from the bottom of your heart. Other canidates haven't to this day ever said thankyou,now I will show them come 2012.:nea:

Will your a special person,thanks for your leadership.

For the record, you don't look more than early twenties. I kept calling you the kid when I would tell my family or friends about you. LOL

I think he's really 12, which is prolly why he lost. :D

Seriously, Will - you are a class act, and you have the great distinction of being only the second or third Democrat who has ever motivated me to vote for them. I do not regret voting, and I think you ran a class campaign. I'm with C. Mark...you are a winner no matter what lies ahead. Thank you for putting in such a tremendous effort into public service...we are better for it.

Edited to add that you're in excellent company - Zell Miller and the late Dr. Larry McDonald are the only two others I can think of who earned my respect and my vote.

Edited by mei lan

If you offer yourself for office again, and I hope that you do, I will vote for you again. You were the better candidate, and it is the county's loss. However, the votes have been counted, and I respect the majority's right to choose. I say round up your signs and bring them out again in two years.

First, I offer my congratulations to Paulette, And. wish her well in her newly elected position, And I urge all citizens to support her in this endeavor.

Will Avery, It was my pleasure that you allowed me to be a part of your campaign, And, I can truly say that you put your heart and soul into this campaign. I also made a lot of new friends during this campaign, and, for that I will forever be grateful. You ran a good campaign, and you stuck to your principles and you are to be commended for that

There are winners and losers in every campaign, you did not win the election, but it is obvious to me that you won the admiration of a lot of folks in Paulding County.

Thank you

• Like 1

Ok I did hurt from that night,I would do it again. I am proud that I chose the person not the party. Will it was a gathering like no other. Young old women men,we were united and because of you who brought us together. I am going to continue by belief Will,I will now work harder to make future changes.

Now you did something no other canidate has ever done,you took care of us workers.You had water,shirts & rain gear for us. Then you delivered great food those subs were great,you thanked us from the bottom of your heart. Other canidates haven't to this day ever said thankyou,now I will show them come 2012.:nea:

Will your a special person,thanks for your leadership.

Yes, Animal, it WAS a special gathering. Even though we were commiserating instead of celebrating.

Congratulations to Paulette and let's move forward to see what can be done to really get industry and jobs for Paulding.

Will, like Whitey said, I was proud to be a part of your campaign and to get to know so many of your other supporters, from both sides of the aisle. I sincerely hope you choose to give it another try in 2 years. Your heart and soul are in the right place and you would indeed be an asset for Paulding under the Gold Dome.

I also would like to thank everyone who worked on all the campaigns.

My tardy post on this thread is because I had a BioMass Conference to attend in downtown Atlanta Wednesday and Thursday. And for what it is worth, Wednesday morning was ROUGH!!!drinks.gifdrinks.gif If you get my drift.ninja.gif

Thank you for being willing to post and interface with people on here.

I supported a sheriff's candidate several years ago and it was very hard for me to see the election go down in flames.

But, life goes on and all we can do is our best.

Even though you lost the race, congratulations are still in order. You're a class act and a refreshing change from the politics of smear tactics. It was a pleasure meeting you and discussing politics. There will be other races and other challenges that I am confident you will meet with the same style and energy.

PS: don't leave P-com just because the race is over. We could use some fresh meat with a head on his shoulders in the political forum.

Will, you ran a great campaign. I kept up with everything here on pcom. You opened yourself up to questions from everyone and you were consistent in your answers. You remained true to yourself and what you believed you could do to help Paulding County. You can be proud.

You ran your campaign with much grace and dignity. Of course I'm not surprised because your mom and I feel like we did a pretty good job raising you. We are so proud of you and what you've accomplished. My only regret is that I didn't respond to a few things posted on here during the campaign.

Your mom and I really enjoyed the gathering Tuesday night. It was good to finally meet the people you have been telling us about the last several weeks. I'm not going to name anyone because of risking leaving someone out, but to those of you I met election night, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your friendship and support of Will, Laurien, and Norah. Will, I think you have made some lifelong friends. Even in defeat you are a winner because of that.

To those of you on pcom who did not support Will I say thank you. Thank you for asking the tough questions and making him think and work even harder. No matter how many questions he was asked or how many times he was asked the same question, his answers were consistent and he treated everyone with grace and dignity. Whether you agreed with him or not on the issues, I know he never lied to you. His mother would have taken care of that if he had.

Again thank you. Will, there are greater things ahead for you. We love you son.

• Like 4

Will, I watched your campaign with much enthusiasm and was delighted to see a young man of such strong strength and character stand up and be counted. As stated in one of my two posts, I am a republican but you stood heads above your opponent on every issue so I had no choice but to see you as the best option for Paulding County. Unfortunately, there were too many others who just could not get past the party line. Your letter of thanks was well written and I believe it was from your heart. You showed honor, pride, and gratitude in the words you wrote. I believe that you have emerged a winner in many respects and I will look forward to watching your journey for I think we will be hearing and seeing more from you.

Sincerely,

Eloise

Will, you ran a great campaign. I kept up with everything here on pcom. You opened yourself up to questions from everyone and you were consistent in your answers. You remained true to yourself and what you believed you could do to help Paulding County. You can be proud.

You ran your campaign with much grace and dignity. Of course I'm not surprised because your mom and I feel like we did a pretty good job raising you. We are so proud of you and what you've accomplished. My only regret is that I didn't respond to a few things posted on here during the campaign.

Your mom and I really enjoyed the gathering Tuesday night. It was good to finally meet the people you have been telling us about the last several weeks. I'm not going to name anyone because of risking leaving someone out, but to those of you I met election night, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for your friendship and support of Will, Laurien, and Norah. Will, I think you have made some lifelong friends. Even in defeat you are a winner because of that.

To those of you on pcom who did not support Will I say thank you. Thank you for asking the tough questions and making him think and work even harder. No matter how many questions he was asked or how many times he was asked the same question, his answers were consistent and he treated everyone with grace and dignity. Whether you agreed with him or not on the issues, I know he never lied to you. His mother would have taken care of that if he had.

Well it is evident where Will gets his integrity. This almost made me cry and I can tell that it is heartfelt. It is obvious that you are very proud of Will and you should be.

Thank you to you and your wife for raising such a wonderful son - he and his family are certainly assets to our community and I hope that Will will continue his political aspirations.

I was very impressed with Will. You raised a fine son. Course you didn't need me to say that. You already knew it.:)

You have much to be proud of. Will, this is just the beginning for you. :drinks: