Paulding.com

THOUGHTS, PRAYERS & BEST WISHES TO ALL OUR POLITICAL CANDIDATES....

This election, on a local, state and national level, has been an especially tough one. I have tried to reason it out and attribute my feelings due to getting older and becoming more aware of the issues; however, coming from a very political family growing up, I have been exposed personally to many, many elections and the consequences. Although I have never run for office and never intend to, I have been very involved in many political campaigns - sometimes it is just not any fun.

Can we all agree that all of the candidates, their families and friends deserve our best wishes and prayers? Putting partisan politics aside, these people have made tremendous sacrifices simply by striving to do their part to make our world a better place in which to live by running for public office. Let's face it, people simply aren't knocking the door down to run for office these days. I know there are some that will argue that some only run for office for power; however, I truly don't see much of anything very glamorous about having your life and every move scrutinized as well as the lives of the candidate's family and friends. Put any one of us human beings under a microscope like these candidates are put under and I

can pretty much say without reservation that WE ALL have something in our past we are not proud of.

I have personally witnessed grown men break down and sob over campaigns that have caused so much stress and turmoil in the lives of their families and friends - it hurts to see things like that. You know, politics is just another example of "if it were so easy, we would all be doing it" - somebody has to step up to the plate and "do it" or nothing would ever be accomplished.

I will admit that I have been critical at times of even our President. No, I don't agree with most of his strategies but I personally need to do a better job in praying for him to make the right decisions for our country and its people. And I have to keep reminding myself that when our elected officials act irresponsibly and not in our best interests, there is always another election looming around the corner in which we as voters can rectify the problem.

I send my prayers, best wishes and support for each and every candidate running for office. I hope that once the election is over, regardless of the outcome, they can carry on with their lives happily and productively.

This election, on a local, state and national level, has been an especially tough one. I have tried to reason it out and attribute my feelings due to getting older and becoming more aware of the issues; however, coming from a very political family growing up, I have been exposed personally to many, many elections and the consequences. Although I have never run for office and never intend to, I have been very involved in many political campaigns - sometimes it is just not any fun.

Can we all agree that all of the candidates, their families and friends deserve our best wishes and prayers? Putting partisan politics aside, these people have made tremendous sacrifices simply by striving to do their part to make our world a better place in which to live by running for public office. Let's face it, people simply aren't knocking the door down to run for office these days. I know there are some that will argue that some only run for office for power; however, I truly don't see much of anything very glamorous about having your life and every move scrutinized as well as the lives of the candidate's family and friends. Put any one of us human beings under a microscope like these candidates are put under and I

can pretty much say without reservation that WE ALL have something in our past we are not proud of.

I have personally witnessed grown men break down and sob over campaigns that have caused so much stress and turmoil in the lives of their families and friends - it hurts to see things like that. You know, politics is just another example of "if it were so easy, we would all be doing it" - somebody has to step up to the plate and "do it" or nothing would ever be accomplished.

I will admit that I have been critical at times of even our President. No, I don't agree with most of his strategies but I personally need to do a better job in praying for him to make the right decisions for our country and its people. And I have to keep reminding myself that when our elected officials act irresponsibly and not in our best interests, there is always another election looming around the corner in which we as voters can rectify the problem.

I send my prayers, best wishes and support for each and every candidate running for office. I hope that once the election is over, regardless of the outcome, they can carry on with their lives happily and productively.

Very classy. I wish all candidates and their families the best today.

:good:

On target as usual BB. At the end of the day we are all Americans. And it's going to take all of us pulling together to get this mess straightened out.

I agree wholeheartedly.

The thing that has plagued me the most about this election has been the disunity in our community. We really all should be coming together! It's so nice to see (as I've been noticing) us reaching out to each other and bridging our differences for what really matters.

:wub:

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: