Paulding.com

How were the crowds at your voting site?

OOHH!!!

Good catch! I'm blonde, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :lol:

It was 4:56 pm to 5:53 pm!

Though a time machine would be cool!

Just curious, anybody else seen signs up with how many folks had voted as of a certain time?

I'd never seen that before and found it interesting.

Busted.

And might I add those were perfectly sensible shoes. :ninja:

Why yes, those shoes were perfect!!

I've never seen the signs posted that showed how many voted but I usually ask when I go in. I've always found it interesting to see how many people come out. At 11:00 this morning when I was at the polling place, I was number 438. :)

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm almost scared to type this, because I've seen others get roasted on this site for less, but here I go:   Just remember that a lot of people have done a lot more than stand in a long line, in or

What a cluster at McClure middle. Probably 500 people in line. No vote is worth the many hours of waiting it would have taken so I left. I guess that really cheapens the sacrifice of those that all

Yep. I posted this on my facebook earlier but I'll post it here because it touched me so much.   I explained to Half Pint (my 7 year old) aboutt how women weren't able to vote, & that's why i

OOHH!!!

Good catch! I'm blonde, that's my story and I'm sticking to it! :lol:

It was 4:56 pm to 5:53 pm!

Though a time machine would be cool!

Just curious, anybody else seen signs up with how many folks had voted as of a certain time?

I'd never seen that before and found it interesting.

Busted.

And might I add those were perfectly sensible shoes. :ninja:

I hadn't seen those before either but I always here someone asking the Poll workers how turn out has been so maybe that is one of the reasons they are doing it.

I voted at McClure Middle school .

Stood in line for 2 hours . I got there around 3:00 .

They had 12 machines

Said the doors would be open until 7 pm .

Then everyone inside would still be able to vote .

The parking lot was full ! People parking up on the lawn .

Great turn out ! I have never seen such a turn-out !

Guess alot of people are fed up !

When I went to Mose's to vote there wasn't a crowd yet. In and out!

EDIT: Got there about 9:45 and out by 9:57.

We went to Moses right at 4:00pm and there was no line. However, in less than 10 minutes there was a line out the door onto the sidewalk. We were in and out in about 20 minutes. WOOHOO!!!!

I voted at McClure Middle school .

Stood in line for 2 hours . I got there around 3:00 .

They had 12 machines

Said the doors would be open until 7 pm .

Then everyone inside would still be able to vote .

The parking lot was full ! People parking up on the lawn .

Great turn out ! I have never seen such a turn-out !

Guess alot of people are fed up !

Isn't it true that anyone in line at 7pm would be allowed to vote?

Isn't it true that anyone in line at 7pm would be allowed to vote?

Only if they are wearing those cool shoes. :lol:

I'm sure they cannot turn them away. Looks like it's going to be a long night for some of our poll workers. Anyone heard anything from Nebo?? Don't think I've seen them mentioned today. :unsure:

Only if they are wearing those cool shoes. :lol:

I'm sure they cannot turn them away. Looks like it's going to be a long night for some of our poll workers. Anyone heard anything from Nebo?? Don't think I've seen them mentioned today. :unsure:

DH waited there about 45 minutes earlier today (about 11:30.)

Just saw on the news, the line at Russom is now 4 hours long.

Doesn't surprise me one bit.

How are the voting sites divided? Is it by number of registered voters, percentage of registered voters that traditionally vote, or some other way? Is it true Paulding went from 28 voting locations to 14? If so, was that due to budget cuts or poor voter turnout?

As I recall, McClure had 22 machines during the primary, but only 12 this time. about 6-8 of the machines had less than 10 votes on them, so I guess that is why they dropped the number of machines.

Yes, I've been at voting sites where there were many machines installed but only a few used. Not this time. All the machines were being used but there were far fewer machines than in the past.

Hated that I had to bail. At 7:15 this morning at Russom the line was out on the sidewalk. So I chose to come back. I left work early and got in line around 5 and the line was slightly longer. After an hour plus wait (I just wasn't believing it would be that long), I wasn't even inside yet and I was told it was 2 hours once we got inside! I alotted two hours and that was apparently about half of what I needed. I don't think there was any early voting in East Paulding. I wouldv'e had to get off early for that too.

I've been voting in Paulding for ten + years and never had to wait more than 30-45 minutes. This was extreme.

Amazing that some poling spots had no wait and others had 3-4 hours! Lesson Learned.

I did go back up to McClure and spent 1:45hrs in line. Got lucky and ran into a friend so I did not have to read a book that I had brought.

The staff did run out the paper confirmation things that you had to fill out and I did not see at one time all the voting boxes being full. The bottleneck was at the check in stations.

I'm soooooooo glad you went back and voted!!

I really, really hate to hear that people are leaving, and someone should bombard the yahoo-in-charge that reduced the voting sites.

What a brilliant idea when we're trying to change the house and the senate and we have to elect a new govenor!

Oh, and I VOTED early. Just had to say that :lol:

I'm soooooooo glad you went back and voted!!

I really, really hate to hear that people are leaving, and someone should bombard the yahoo-in-charge that reduced the voting sites.

What a brilliant idea when we're trying to change the house and the senate and we have to select a new govenor!

Oh, and I VOTED early. Just had to say that :lol:

Not to mention those amendments that had to be read. Stoopid move on the election board in PC, if you close 1/2 of your polling places, the ones that are left need more voting machines!!! Terrible that anyone that went to vote had to end up leaving.

I hope everybody gets to vote.

I am a little worried this situation could cause a stink with the results.

I know that's right.

And the turnout this summer should have NOTHING to do with the general election in November!!!

Whose decision was this, anyway??????

I know that's right.

And the turnout this summer should have NOTHING to do with the general election in November!!!

Whose decision was this, anyway??????

THAT is a good question. I hope nobody gets snotty with that sweet older lady that works at the voter registration office, but I would like to know. You think it was a strategy? Did it save money? Who said it was OK? Did we vote on it? I have about ten questions.

I got the day off to vote so I voted early this morning, but I feel horribly for the people who work in Marietta or ATL that had to drive home then vote (or not get to vote). I'm a little suspicious now if this was planned or just stupidity.

Politics makes me suspicious. :ninja: I'm usually oblivious.

You're right. And, if there's a run-off, how many people will go back to do it again?

There better not be a gubernatorial runoff. That was bad enough torture the first time. lol.

THAT is a good question. I hope nobody gets snotty with that sweet older lady that works at the voter registration office, but I would like to know. You think it was a strategy? Did it save money? Who said it was OK? Did we vote on it? I have about ten questions.

I got the day off to vote so I voted early this morning, but I feel horribly for the people who work in Marietta or ATL that had to drive home then vote (or not get to vote). I'm a little suspicious now if this was planned or just stupidity.

Politics makes me suspicious. :ninja: I'm usually oblivious.

There better not be a gubernatorial runoff. That was bad enough torture the first time. lol.

I have questions myself, was it politically motivated? Know what I mean?

I have questions myself, was it politically motivated? Know what I mean?

Yup. You think anybody is that smrat around here?

I would really hope not. I am thinking it was short-sightedness. Although, as someone else said, why not have twice the machines if you have half the places? It just makes good sense, even if you don't use all of them.

It may help one thing I voted against and hurt one thing I voted for unless they let every person in line vote.

I will now do absentee ballot.

THANK YOU VOLUNTEERS! Many of you are retired persons. Thank you very much for your time today.

I just talked to my son. He voted at McClure at 7:00 PM (after a two hour wait) and the poll workers estimate was that 900 people were waiting in line at that time. At that point they had 6 additional machines added (from 12 to 18)and were trying to add more. Also trying to get another card programmer as it was a choke point also. They were expecting the total to be over 3000 at McClure.

Also heard that Shelton ended up being closed because of a lack of people to run the polls, so they ended up at McClure.

There were rumors that Abney was a real mess. People parking in the road because traffic was so tied up.

It could be tomorrow before we learn about the 19th.

Just got back from voting at Nebo Elementary. Stood in line maybe 30 minutes...inside about 10 and was out. It really did help being able to read about the amendments before I went. I knew exactly how to vote when I got up to the machine. Took about 3 min. Good sign with lines being long, glad people are getting out to vote

Just got back from McClure 1.5 hour wait when I got in line.Now it's more like 2 hours.

Why is it against the law to use a cell phone while inside a polling site?...I can see why at the booth,but if you are in line over an hour you should be able to at least text.

And what would they do if all the folks said "NO we are gonna use our phones"

If you are not well enough to stand in line tell the election officials and they will put you on through.

I just can't bring myself to do that - I'm no better than anyone else.

I agree with NJ. While I was in line I saw two elderly women gor straight up and vote. There was a gentleman in a wheelchair that went ahead of the man in front of me. They were going to get a man out of line that had obviously just had some skin grafts done to pull him up to the front of the line.

Please go vote. You have no excuse not to.

yes that is true..I saw a sign on the door from 930 to 430 any disabled person can be moved to the front of the line if you ask a poll worker to move you. They did it to a couple of people in line when I was waiting to vote. I think that's a good thing.

don't feel bad..its really ok..no one will think any less of you. Just go up to a poll worker, explain to them you can't stand for long periods of time and they will quietly move you right on in. No one will be the wiser and if they are, they won't say anything =)

I voted at Nebo Elementary at 10:00 a.m., and it took me 30 minutes.

I have done the early voting in the past, and had a longer wait, but each election is so different. Good luck to all! :good:

They're letting people 75 and older go to the front of the line.

Okay

They're also letting them take their family with them. A group of seven just jumped to the front because they're all here with Grandma.

I'm retired Army and deployed three times. I'm telling you it's fine for you to tell a poll worker so you don't have to wait in line while ill. Your vote is important.

Twinsister and I were poll workers at Nebo. It was our first time. I just want to thank all the folks who came out to Nebo to vote. You were all tired. I was tired too. We only had 10 machines. This was decided by someone higher up than us, believe me. The other Nebo poll workers have been working for elections for a while. They couldn't understand why there were only 10 machines and we never got that question answered. It was a 17 hour day for all of us and we only got one break to eat.

Twinsister and I rotated doing the duty at the door. We were instructed if you are elderly, handicapped, injured or have somekind of illness that made it unable for you to wait, to take you to the front of the line. So we did the best we could walking up and down the line finding these people. I know we probably missed people who should have been able to go to the front of the line. In the future if you are one of these people please go to the person working the door and ask if you can be put at the front of the line. You probably will be put at the front of the line. Do not ask if you are healthy enough to wait in line. And yes, the people who were with an elderly person/injured person/handicapped person were permitted to go with them to vote. We were instructed to allow them to go with them if they rode to the precinct together. Also Military persons were given the opportunity to go to the front of the line. If you have to ask why they were allowed to do this, I don't have the Politically Correct answer for you, my answer is because they are MILITARY! Did we find all the Military people in line? Probably not, but if they were in uniform they were asked if they wanted to go to the front of the line. Some declined the offer.

We also were given the task of making sure people were at the right precinct. Folks that were at the wrong precinct were given passes to go to the front of the line at the correct precinct.

Those who waiting in that long line at Nebo, thanks for sticking it out. The last voter voted at 9:05. We didn't get out of there until 10:30. I have learned that folks (at least in the Nebo Precinct) were very kind and patient (on the outside at least). We only had one couple who were very upset and took their frustration out of the poll workers. They had every right to be mad because they had were at the wrong precinct. They had voted there forever. We (the poll workers) had nothing to do with where people voted and how many machines we had. We did the best with what we were given.

As far as the question about cell phones, I don't have the answer why you had to turn your phone off. You can call the elections office to find the answer. We were just instructed to tell people to turn them off and we did.

All in all it was a great day. I was so tired, but I'll do it again next time.

I voted within 5-10 minutes*, but I am in Powder Springs. I did catch the tail end of a shouting match in the parking lot. An older black man and an older white man. Kind of wish I'd heard what was said. I can imagine.

ETA: *around 4pm.

Edited by QOTSA

At Ragsdale Elem. the 5:00 count was 1002. We got in line at 6:45 p.m. and walked out at 9:30 p.m. Yes, very long wait but worth it. I heard someone say "Is it really worth it?" I told my husband "They need to ask a solider that question."

Thank you to all the volunteers and everyone who voted no matter the party. The peoples voice was heard!!! :clapping: :good:

Twinsister and I were poll workers at Nebo. It was our first time. I just want to thank all the folks who came out to Nebo to vote. You were all tired. I was tired too. We only had 10 machines. This was decided by someone higher up than us, believe me. The other Nebo poll workers have been working for elections for a while. They couldn't understand why there were only 10 machines and we never got that question answered. It was a 17 hour day for all of us and we only got one break to eat.

Twinsister and I rotated doing the duty at the door. We were instructed if you are elderly, handicapped, injured or have somekind of illness that made it unable for you to wait, to take you to the front of the line. So we did the best we could walking up and down the line finding these people. I know we probably missed people who should have been able to go to the front of the line. In the future if you are one of these people please go to the person working the door and ask if you can be put at the front of the line. You probably will be put at the front of the line. Do not ask if you are healthy enough to wait in line. And yes, the people who were with an elderly person/injured person/handicapped person were permitted to go with them to vote. We were instructed to allow them to go with them if they rode to the precinct together. Also Military persons were given the opportunity to go to the front of the line. If you have to ask why they were allowed to do this, I don't have the Politically Correct answer for you, my answer is because they are MILITARY! Did we find all the Military people in line? Probably not, but if they were in uniform they were asked if they wanted to go to the front of the line. Some declined the offer.

We also were given the task of making sure people were at the right precinct. Folks that were at the wrong precinct were given passes to go to the front of the line at the correct precinct.

Those who waiting in that long line at Nebo, thanks for sticking it out. The last voter voted at 9:05. We didn't get out of there until 10:30. I have learned that folks (at least in the Nebo Precinct) were very kind and patient (on the outside at least). We only had one couple who were very upset and took their frustration out of the poll workers. They had every right to be mad because they had were at the wrong precinct. They had voted there forever. We (the poll workers) had nothing to do with where people voted and how many machines we had. We did the best with what we were given.

As far as the question about cell phones, I don't have the answer why you had to turn your phone off. You can call the elections office to find the answer. We were just instructed to tell people to turn them off and we did.

All in all it was a great day. I was so tired, but I'll do it again next time.

We were at Nebo last night 2 hours. Thank you for all you did. :clapping:

And thanks to the lady who brought her adorable little girl (with crayons & paper) she help make waiting much more entertaining. :drinks:

I heard someone say "Is it really worth it?" I told my husband "They need to ask a solider that question."

Amen! :clapping: :good:

They also need to ask someone who lives in a country that either doesn't give its citizens the right to vote or where they have the right but it is very dangerous to vote. My dad always says that waiting in long lines to vote aren't so bad when you think about the Iraqis who risk losing fingers or other digits or even their very lives to vote. It really puts things in to perspective.

• Like 1

We were at Nebo last night 2 hours. Thank you for all you did. :clapping:

And thanks to the lady who brought her adorable little girl (with crayons & paper) she help make waiting much more entertaining. :drinks:

Thanks. My feet are mad at me today! If anyone want to become a poll worker, you can contact Paulding County Elections (Voter Registration and/or Paulding County Human Resources). They probably will not hire again until the next election, but that is how we did it. It was a rewarding job to know that I will be a part of history. Yeah, I was just one worker with limited authority, but a heart to try to help people. November 2010 will be remembered by me for years. I can't wait to work in the 2012 election. I'm gonna get some really good shoes before then!