Paulding.com

How were the crowds at your voting site?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm almost scared to type this, because I've seen others get roasted on this site for less, but here I go:   Just remember that a lot of people have done a lot more than stand in a long line, in or

What a cluster at McClure middle. Probably 500 people in line. No vote is worth the many hours of waiting it would have taken so I left. I guess that really cheapens the sacrifice of those that all

Yep. I posted this on my facebook earlier but I'll post it here because it touched me so much.   I explained to Half Pint (my 7 year old) aboutt how women weren't able to vote, & that's why i

I stood in line yesterday at Nebo for almost 2.5 hours - but what got me, is that the LINE HOLDING that was going on and NOONE was out there to monitor it. There were several people "holding" the line while their friends or wife or husband sat in the car or at home and then came up when it got close to the door. Ihad to leave work early, stand in line with my daughter, it was cold, had to pee, and you are holding the line? WTH? Then we get in and there are only 9 polls. POOR PLANNING from Voter Registration. They really need to have more polls at each polling place.

I stood in line yesterday at Nebo for almost 2.5 hours - but what got me, is that the LINE HOLDING that was going on and NOONE was out there to monitor it. There were several people "holding" the line while their friends or wife or husband sat in the car or at home and then came up when it got close to the door. Ihad to leave work early, stand in line with my daughter, it was cold, had to pee, and you are holding the line? WTH? Then we get in and there are only 9 polls. POOR PLANNING from Voter Registration. They really need to have more polls at each polling place.

As I stated earlier in this thread, I was one of the people working the door and the line at Nebo. There were 10 machines not 9, not that that one extra made much difference. So you are saying that the workers should have gone down the line all day ask people if they were holding a place for someone? Or we should have monitored it to see if people were letting people in line with them? If that is what you are saying, then you might want to call the Elections office and request that. I'm thinking a person would have to have mind reading skills to detect a person holding a place in line for another. Also that line worker would have to be able to see everybody in line at one time so that no one could sneek in line. I'm thinking that Paulding doesn't want to pay for enough workers to do that at every precinct.

I agree with you that it was poor planning to have only 10 voting machines at Nebo.

Edited by Mrs. Jack Russell

I didn't see any particular line-holding at Russom, except people holding a person's place in line who wanted to go to the restroom, or a lady with a baby who needed to go to the car to feed it. I personally wouldn't have cared it people held the line for their spouse...it's not like they'd be letting 18 people in line in front of us. My major beef was with the NINE measly voting machines and NINE voting cards. Geez Louise.

It's not uncommon to have low voter turnout during a primary election when it's mostly one party that has contested races, like we had here in Paulding. Naturally, there will be people who won't vote in a primary when their party doesn't have contested races. Also add to the fact that turnout for primaries in mid-term elections are usually much lower than they are for the general election which most voters find to be more important. Our county election officials who planned this did a poor job and the result of it caused people who wanted to vote not to because of the long lines with multiple hour waiting.