Paulding.com

How were the crowds at your voting site?

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm almost scared to type this, because I've seen others get roasted on this site for less, but here I go:   Just remember that a lot of people have done a lot more than stand in a long line, in or

What a cluster at McClure middle. Probably 500 people in line. No vote is worth the many hours of waiting it would have taken so I left. I guess that really cheapens the sacrifice of those that all

Yep. I posted this on my facebook earlier but I'll post it here because it touched me so much.   I explained to Half Pint (my 7 year old) aboutt how women weren't able to vote, & that's why i

MrB is at Hope Church on 120 and has been for a bit. He said it is 2+ hour wait. I am going after work.

People are trying to read and understand the amendments. That is why it is a good thing if you can read them before going to vote. I stood in line when I voted early. Went in voted and left. The folks at the booths when I stepped up were still standing there when I left. I had to read those things several times before I could understand them. Still not sure I understand them. Thank you to the folks who wrote them!dry.gif

People are trying to read and understand the amendments. That is why it is a good thing if you can read them before going to vote. I stood in line when I voted early. Went in voted and left. The folks at the booths when I stepped up were still standing there when I left. I had to read those things several times before I could understand them. Still not sure I understand them. Thank you to the folks who wrote them!dry.gif

You are probably right - I didn't think about that. I have read them (and there were difficult to understand) and will be voting no on all of them. I told the hubs he didn't have to read them, I said to vote no and that is all he needed. :lol: I kid, I kid. He's allowed to vote as he pleases - as long as he is informed :lol:.

Can we vote at the courthouse today regardless of where we SHOULD vote?

I doubt it. One of 5 <_< messages on my machine last night gave strict instruction that we are supposed to go to our assigned polls.

I would expect the lines to thin out about now as people who had to be at work by 8 or 9 a.m. were trying to get there early to get their vote in. It usually picks up around noon and again with the evening rush hour.

Take your baby and kids between 9 and 11 or 1 and 4 and the lines will probably be shorter.

I live in Polk Co and vote at the Vinson Mtn Volunteer Firehouse. There's never a line. I walked in, was the only one there at 10 til 8. Because I had read all of the amendments and researched my candidates before hand it took me about 8 minutes total, in and out.

I voted last week, but Mrs. LTD has been in line at Taylor Farm Park since before 9AM and still hasn't called me to say she is done. She said that the line went pretty far down the sidewalk.

Folks, It's a good sign that there are long lines. This means that we are all exercising or right and performing our duty to vote. Do you want me, SurePip, Intruder, PSD, or The Postman making the decision for you? I didn't think so. Everybody Cowboy up and make a difference. If you don't vote don't carp about the results.

• Like 1

I voted last week, but Mrs. LTD has been in line at Taylor Farm Park since before 9AM and still hasn't called me to say she is done. She said that the line went pretty far down the sidewalk.

Folks, It's a good sign that there are long lines. This means that we are all exercising or right and performing our duty to vote. Do you want me, SurePip, Intruder, PSD, or The Postman making the decision for you? I didn't think so. Everybody Cowboy up and make a difference. If you don't vote don't carp about the results.

Great Post!!! It is a good sign and I hope folks don't let long lines discourage them. GO VOTE!!!!

Heck no! hee hee hee :blush:

I do wish people would read the ballots prior to going though. It is a lot to try and comprehend while looking at a polling machine and about to vote.

You are probably right - I didn't think about that. I have read them (and there were difficult to understand) and will be voting no on all of them. I told the hubs he didn't have to read them, I said to vote no and that is all he needed. :lol: I kid, I kid. He's allowed to vote as he pleases - as long as he is informed :lol:.

I doubt it. One of 5 <_< messages on my machine last night gave strict instruction that we are supposed to go to our assigned polls.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Guest Hi~ho Silver

I vote in Chatham County. It was busy, but they had a large number of machines and I had researched the amendments before so the whole process took about 10 minutes.

Just as an interesting footnote, we get television stations from South Carolina here. Joe Wilson, the Congressman that hollered out "you lie" to Obama during the State of the Union Address, is running for re-election. That will be one to watch.

I doubt it. One of 5 dry.gif messages on my machine last night gave strict instruction that we are supposed to go to our assigned polls.

My Hubby has already taken me to task because I convinced him to vote for a candidate and when he saw the candidate in a debate he yelped! Learned my lesson, let those guys find out for themselves!!!:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I voted early this morning at Scoggins Middle School and there was already about 30 folks in line at 7:15.

Oh and I voted YES to amendment 3. It gives GDOT the way to do sign contracts with design firms to start designing roads and THEN they get the money to build it. As it stands now GDOT can't issue road design to firms until they have ALL the money (design + R/W + environmental + construction)even though the road isn't going to be built right now.

Oh....and this directly effects my job.

The princess and I voted at Austin Middle School this morning. It took us about an 1hr 20 minutes. The princess thought it was pretty cool to stand in line to vote and she did it very patiently - too bad most adults don't think that way.