Paulding.com

Paulding website attacks family values

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've yet to see Will answer for himself. I also have not seen Will say he isn't sympathetic to liberal groups like the Global Fund for Education. Educating the world is a great concept. So is socia

Classy fellow <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_wacko.png" alt=":wacko:">

Nice "assumption" there.

Posted Images

Hummm?

what is see is that Tom Milianese finds fault with those who think the world will be better off the better educated the population is.

It is quite obvious that the conservatives, who look to history as their guide, say that massive ignorance throughout the world was good enough for great grandpa so it is good enough for me.

... which is totally consistent with the entire conservative philosophy which is that ignorance is bliss.

And I think with the folks they have running including their legal issues and proven special treatment (Deal's near exclusivity with his junk yard business) and even Paulette's arrest record they are counting on widespread ignorance not only here but across the globe. I mean really would anyone with any education vote for these goons?

pubby

You should have let me handle this. :sigh:

I didn't call names. I stayed focused on the relevant matter at hand. I used sparkling wit with just a touch or sarcasm. You just should have let me handle this.

I'm going to go mop.

This is why I can only line up with pubby on rare occasions...

Gawd I wish I was an attorney. :D

nm. Family values thread. hahaha. I forgot myself.

Edited by CeeJay

As far as the moderation in this topic, I did nothing. I did look at the logs and it would appear that a post or maybe two were split to another topic by another moderator. I haven't quite figured out what happened other than I figure that Me who else actually did not intend to say her posts were removed, rather it was cobbobigs tirade she was just responding to and the quotes got dropped.

pubby

Then I must ask, since you married a man with crazy hair: Did he turn out OK? Is he a facist? Is he plotting to overthrow the government? Are there any other hair-related conspiracies, or thumb related, of which we need to be aware?

Because if he turned out OK, and a personal picture is just a personal picture, then I think people should be more more aware of what constitutes things-that-affect-candidates and things-that-are-none-of-our-business.

Exactly my point. Yes, he did turn out OK. More than OK in my opinion. He is a wonderful smart man. Again JMO.

I have refrained from posting on Paulding.com so far because I feel that you have all done a fantastic job of exploring the issues in depth (I have greatly enjoyed reading all of your posts!), but my attention was drawn this morning to an issue I could not help but respond to, and Paulding.com is a valuable resource to do so.

A recent post on Paulding Pundit attacks my husband for "liking" something called the Global Fund for Education on facebook. First of all, how desperate are Paulette Braddock's people if they are using my husband's Facebook "Likes" against him?? Second, is the Global Fund for Education really something so terrible for someone to "like"? A click of a button on facebook does not correspond to a first legislative priority for a candidate-especially when the legislation in question is in a completely different body than the one to which the candidate is seeking election. Commenting on Will's opinion of the Global Fund for Education is like asking a school board candidate how they feel about national defense policies.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, aside from the frivolousness of this attack on my husband, what made this an issue that I simply MUST publicly respond to is that the person responsible for this post on Paulding Pundit saw fit to use a photograph with his article that, I can only assume, is intended to make Will look extreme and juvenile; however, in reality, this is a picture of a father anxiously, excitedly anticipating the birth of his baby.

The photo in the Paulding Pundit (and now also paulding examiner) article was taken at the hospital, immediately before the birth of our daughter--our first child. Look at the chair he is sitting in--where else can you find plastic upholstered chairs!? I have notified the publisher of this article of the nature of the photograph he has used (and how he got access to this picture, I do not know), and my comments have been censored and ignored, my facebook comment deleted, my friend who also commented was kicked off from "liking" the Paulding Pundit on facebook, and my comment on the post itself has not been acknowledged or published.

If Will looks extreme and excited in this photograph, it is because he is mere hours away from the happiest, most amazing moment of his entire life and mine, and I believe it is extremely inappropriate to use in this context. Anyone who would KNOWINGLY ABUSE such a photograph in the manner that Paulding Pundit's author has done has no understanding or respect for family values.

I'm voting for your husband. I'm not surprised his opponents would stoop this low; it is a common tactic for the "values" party to engage in such behavior. Don't worry, it's a desperate move by desperate people.

• Like 1

You should have let me handle this. :sigh:

I didn't call names. I stayed focused on the relevant matter at hand. I used sparkling wit with just a touch or sarcasm. You just should have let me handle this.

I'm going to go mop.

This is why I can only line up with pubby on rare occasions...

nm. Family values thread. hahaha. I forgot myself.

you're right Ceejay ... I should have let you handle it. I made a bad mistake as well. Conservatives in the modern sense are not as mean spirited as all that meaning that folks like Tom Milanese are not conservative. They are radical far right loons and I apologize for the confusion. They just parade as conservatives and we all have a tendency when they speak, to believe them when they say they are. We should know better.

pubby

This is the thing......when you run for public office, reprobates from the other side, whether it is the candidate themselves or their flunkies, think nothing is off limits.

Ultimately, I believe that they do this because there is no real dirt they can dig up so they use your family and silly pictures to try and sway voters. REALLY?!?!?!

I have no idea who posted these pics and silly story, but if thats all they can do and the best they've got, then more power to them!!!!

What?!?!?! No mug shots of WA, no charges of ins fraud, no community service to keep his behind out of jail?!?!? A story about education and pics that may not be the most flattering....who cares? Consider the source and be thankful that some candidates don't have to stoop so low to try and get a vote.

• Like 1

I'll let Will answer for himself what he likes and doesn't like, but speaking for myself, it seems that this Global Fund for Education strives to provide education for all people, which, as a teacher, I believe is a worthy cause. Now, I have not researched this organization, nor do I believe that funds should go to education in other countries at the expense of education in our own, which is definitely lacking. The website does not affect my family values. The attack against my husband, claiming that he is lying, "bamboozling" the good people of our district is simply ridiculous. Along with several other unsupportable attacks you might have seen in your mailbox, this article has absolutely no substance. He "Liked" a page on fb. My point is that this person is grasping at straws to try to make Will look bad. What does offend my family values is the fact that he took, without permission, a photograph from a very special time, which he could only have gotten off Will's fb page, and attached it to this foolishness. Call me crazy, but when it relates to my child, I feel compelled to get involved.

Considering that we are laying off teachers in America I don't think we should ask American parents to pay to educate kids in other countries. I hope Will doesn't either. The picture and the way it was used is something I have already voiced an opinion about.

As far as the moderation in this topic, I did nothing. I did look at the logs and it would appear that a post or maybe two were split to another topic by another moderator. I haven't quite figured out what happened other than I figure that Me who else actually did not intend to say her posts were removed, rather it was cobbobigs tirade she was just responding to and the quotes got dropped.

pubby

Nope it was removed, along with a followup post from Rays. My post was second so I was obviously responding to the OP.

CeeJay, you missed a spot...

Didn't Feelip mention not to long ago about a website that was spewing crazy stuff... and the owner's name was Tom?

I believe it was lies that Feelip had caught on the website..

I dig his hair! I'm thinking somebody else would lurve to have that much hair. Hair envy.

Is it bad to point out that everybody has curly hair somewhere? (Totally inappropriate, HA!)

Don't worry about this craziness. I'm voting on issues so I'm voting for Will, even though I am having to cross the aisle to do it.

same here I have already voted...

I have refrained from posting on Paulding.com so far because I feel that you have all done a fantastic job of exploring the issues in depth (I have greatly enjoyed reading all of your posts!), but my attention was drawn this morning to an issue I could not help but respond to, and Paulding.com is a valuable resource to do so.

A recent post on Paulding Pundit attacks my husband for "liking" something called the Global Fund for Education on facebook. First of all, how desperate are Paulette Braddock's people if they are using my husband's Facebook "Likes" against him?? Second, is the Global Fund for Education really something so terrible for someone to "like"? A click of a button on facebook does not correspond to a first legislative priority for a candidate-especially when the legislation in question is in a completely different body than the one to which the candidate is seeking election. Commenting on Will's opinion of the Global Fund for Education is like asking a school board candidate how they feel about national defense policies.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, aside from the frivolousness of this attack on my husband, what made this an issue that I simply MUST publicly respond to is that the person responsible for this post on Paulding Pundit saw fit to use a photograph with his article that, I can only assume, is intended to make Will look extreme and juvenile; however, in reality, this is a picture of a father anxiously, excitedly anticipating the birth of his baby.

The photo in the Paulding Pundit (and now also paulding examiner) article was taken at the hospital, immediately before the birth of our daughter--our first child. Look at the chair he is sitting in--where else can you find plastic upholstered chairs!? I have notified the publisher of this article of the nature of the photograph he has used (and how he got access to this picture, I do not know), and my comments have been censored and ignored, my facebook comment deleted, my friend who also commented was kicked off from "liking" the Paulding Pundit on facebook, and my comment on the post itself has not been acknowledged or published.

If Will looks extreme and excited in this photograph, it is because he is mere hours away from the happiest, most amazing moment of his entire life and mine, and I believe it is extremely inappropriate to use in this context. Anyone who would KNOWINGLY ABUSE such a photograph in the manner that Paulding Pundit's author has done has no understanding or respect for family values.

There will probably be a lot of nonsense being printed about you and your family in the next couple of days..

but hang in there....

you're right Ceejay ... I should have let you handle it. I made a bad mistake as well. Conservatives in the modern sense are not as mean spirited as all that meaning that folks like Tom Milanese are not conservative. They are radical far right loons and I apologize for the confusion. They just parade as conservatives and we all have a tendency when they speak, to believe them when they say they are. We should know better.

pubby

First of all, I agree with you that not all "conservatives" think alike just like all "liberals" don't. I have refrained from engaging either of the authors mentioned except in very limited form, because they are both very adamant that a Democrat, any Democrat, is an unbearable evil, and they are often willing to cross some lines to make that point. They know where I stand in this race, but they have also refrained from poking the bear so to speak, because we sometimes agree on other issues, and I don't begrudge them their opinion, and they don't begrudge me mine even when we don't agree.

Laurien, I am sorry that you are so offended by their actions, and I know that it's hard to just let it go, but when Will wins, you may find that he is unpopular in some circles. These are just two very motivated and vocal opponents, not the electorate at large, and unfortunately for them, they understand that they have a tainted candidate and are pulling out all the stops. As a wise man once said, "Screw 'em if they can't take a joke." Just consider the source.

As for me, this is one conservative that voted for your husband and that looks forward to his tenure as the State Representative from the 19th District of Georgia. Good Luck, and let me know where the victory party will be.

• Like 4

but...why?

it seems to me that you're just bringing drama from another site to this one.

did will 'like' the global fund for education?

is this not what the global fund for education does?

The facebook group page for "GLOBAL FUND FOR EDUCATION" links to the following:

The Education for All Act of 2010 (H.R. 5117)

What does the Education for All Act Do?

The EFA bill seeks to ensure the U.S. provides the resources and leadership to contribute to a successful international effort to provide all children with a quality basic education by 2015.

To ensure efforts to improve the quality of education, the U.S. shall commit resources to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and quality of basic education programs and develop specific indicators to measure learning outcomes.

The bill authorizes funding to help developing countries create and implement national education plans to achieve quality universal basic education. It also requires the U.S. to align assistance to support these plans; coordinate and integrate bilateral and multilateral assistance so that aid is directly responsive to country needs, capacity, and commitment; as well as promote sustainable development.

The bill calls on the U.S. to support a multilateral education initiative, like the Fast Track Initiative or a multilateral Global Fund for Education. The multilateral initiative should be independent and governed equally by donors, developing country governments, and civil society based;

Recognizing the importance of holistic development of communities, the U.S. should utilize schools as the foundations for community development and build them as centers of integrated development assistance programs, such as health, nutrition, adult literacy, business training, democracy education, and housing programs..

The bill also directs the President to create a comprehensive strategy on Education for All to achieve the targets and goals of Education for All as prioritized in this bill.

The creation of the position of the Education for All Coordinator, which would oversee and carry out Education for All policies, ensure coordination within the U.S. Government and with NGOs and international partners, and convene an annual meeting to evaluate progress in the U.S. strategy for Education for All.

The President to submit an annual report to Congress that will include efforts to achieve the goals and implement the strategy.

Authorizes sufficient funds to expand access to and improve quality of basic education.

President Obama is supportive of global education. In fact, during the presidential campaign in 2008, he stated his intention to sign the 2007 Education for All Act into law. He also pledged $2 billion for a global education fund. This commitment was reiterated by Secretary of State Clinton during her confirmation hearings; as a senator, Secretary Clinton introduced the Education for All Act of 2007. At the September 2009 UN General Assembly meeting, President Obama announced he would come to the 2010 UN Millennium Development Goal (MDG) Summit with a plan to achieve the MDGs — which include Education for All.

how does stating this attack your family values?

Okay. I've met Will and I like him. BUT this bothers me. Will (and Mrs Avery) we as a country are struggling to educate our own kids. We are no longer the leader of the pack in education. Not as a country and certainly not as a state. Why are we "liking" a commitment to educate the WORLD?

I've still not committed in my mind who to vote for. Will, if you are elected, you will be REPRESENTING a conservative majority. Are you going to represent us....or your party? What is your commitment to us?

• Like 1

Nice "assumption" there. dry.gif

• Like 6

BW...I think it is a simple fact of a liberal trying to make people believe "blue dog conservatives" still exist. It's a joke. Nice guy but just look at the kind of liberals running his campaign and you'll get your answer!

Okay. I've met Will and I like him. BUT this bothers me. Will (and Mrs Avery) we as a country are struggling to educate our own kids. We are no longer the leader of the pack in education. Not as a country and certainly not as a state. Why are we "liking" a commitment to educate the WORLD?

I've still not committed in my mind who to vote for. Will, if you are elected, you will be REPRESENTING a conservative majority. Are you going to represent us....or your party? What is your commitment to us?

• Like 3

Nice "assumption" there. dry.gif

Who would you say it is? The site is sponsored by the "Americans For Properity". The AFP Georgia State Director is Virginia Galloway. I don't think the assumption was too far off the mark.

Are we to think Tom, of the Paulding County Republican Party, isn't supporting the Republican candidate? Because I think he is. Just conjecture, of course.

I just did a single Google search:

Tom Milanese:

http://www.triplemroofing.com/aboutus.htm

http://www.myspace.com/453409366

Edited by CeeJay

I dig his hair! I'm thinking somebody else would lurve to have that much hair. Hair envy.

Is it bad to point out that everybody has curly hair somewhere? (Totally inappropriate, HA!)

Don't worry about this craziness. I'm voting on issues so I'm voting for Will, even though I am having to cross the aisle to do it.

Just think. If Will Avery got a haircut, he could donate his hair to Rand Paul. :lol:

I know people are slinging mud, but that last picture is super funny. hahahaha

I think that is proof right thar that Mr. Avery will represent the good ole' boys of this state. How can you call that man a liberal now?

I know right, it makes him look so professional. :drinks:

I know right, it makes him look so professional. :drinks:

Nah, it makes him look human. If that is even him, not sure. I don't think this was a campaign picture. I'm pretty sure you had to dig that up from some time before he even decided to run. Like I said, is pretty funny. So glad nobody took any pictures of me that time I fell off the motorhome at a NASCAR race. THAT would have been a great picture!

I couldn't withstand public scrutiny like these candidates have had to endure. If I had to choose, I would say one them definitely came out smelling like a rose compared to the other one.

• Like 1

Hummm?

what is see is that Tom Milianese finds fault with those who think the world will be better off the better educated the population is.

It is quite obvious that the conservatives, who look to history as their guide, say that massive ignorance throughout the world was good enough for great grandpa so it ought to be good enough for you and me.

... which is totally consistent with the entire conservative philosophy which is that if ignorance is bliss, that is the best way to keep the masses happy in their wage slavery.

And I think with the folks they have running including their legal issues and proven special treatment (Deal's near exclusivity with his junk yard business) and even Paulette's arrest record they are counting on widespread ignorance not only here but across the globe. I mean really would anyone with any education vote for these goons?

pubby

Pubby, you don't know the first thing about true conseratives. Honestly, you speak of conservatives like a racist would speak of black people. You lump everyone into the same group and make ASSumptions.

Don't forget that the only reason that Will is gaining any traction in this county is because a bunch of those nasty conservatives are supporting him.

• Like 2

Pubby, you don't know the first thing about true conseratives. Honestly, you speak of conservatives like a racist would speak of black people. You lump everyone into the same group and make ASSumptions.

Don't forget that the only reason that Will is gaining any traction in this county is because a bunch of those nasty conservatives are supporting him.

We all need a good, honest, hardworking person as our representative.

The choice is obvious.

The choice is Will Avery.

• Like 2

What CeeJay said. :runningofftochangescreennameto What CeeJay Says: :D

Dude, I like you.

Nah, it makes him look human. If that is even him, not sure. I don't think this was a campaign picture. I'm pretty sure you had to dig that up from some time before he even decided to run. Like I said, is pretty funny. So glad nobody took any pictures of me that time I fell off the motorhome at a NASCAR race. THAT would have been a great picture!

I couldn't withstand public scrutiny like these candidates have had to endure. If I had to choose, I would say one them definitely came out smelling like a rose compared to the other one.

Right? :wacko:

I don't know a single person, including my sweet grandmother, who wouldn't have some kind of embarrassing story or picture to use against her during an election. Politicians are people, and all people make stupid choices and mistakes. Often, 'stupid choices' for politicians are choices that regular citizens make on a daily basis anyway.

Lord knows I've flipped off a camera or two in my day. :ninja: Guess I'll never be President. :(

• Like 1

Yeh, I would love to know why it was OK to send pictures of Paulette's mug shots to every house in the county. To be quite honest with you, I don't care for EITHER candidate. But I am a registered Republican and always will be.

Stacey

I :wub: Will Avery and I didn't like getting the pictures of Paulette's mug shots. So much, in fact, that I didn't even bother to read the flyer or see who they were from. They just went straight into kiddo's scrap paper box to be turned into snowflakes or stick-glued inventiones, like all the other junk mail we get.

I agree and posted this soon after. I am quick to admit when I'm wrong.

pubby

There is a huge difference between "liking" something on facebook (on a private, personal page, at that), and making something a legislative priority. Will's priorities if elected all focus around bringing jobs and prosperity to our district, including refunding our education system in order to ensure that we have highly qualified and well-trained high school graduates to fill the employment needs of businesses looking to settle here. Even if he wanted to, there really is no feasible way that Will could make world education a priority--that is not the role of a state house representative. The role of a representative is to do just that--represent the people in their district. And you are absolutely right, that means representing a largely conservative district. Will understands that, and it has earned him the support of many of the conservatives of this district. If he didn't understand that responsibility, I doubt this race would be as close as it is.

I hope you'll (all) vote for WIll! He really is a good man and has an amazing work ethic. If elected, he is going to do absolutely the best job he can do to represent the people of this county. He isn't afraid to stand up to democrats or republicans, if it means standing up for what is right, and what is productive for our people, and that is a quality which I truly admire :)

Will's priorities if elected all focus around bringing jobs and prosperity to our district,

Oh no!.....More subdivisions...I for one,just can not vote for Will.I'm not in his district :lol:

Laurien,A lot of voters will be scared away by the D.....Nothing personal against Will,Voters are afraid of the dems right now,no matter how conservative one claims to be