Paulding.com

Paulding website attacks family values

I have refrained from posting on Paulding.com so far because I feel that you have all done a fantastic job of exploring the issues in depth (I have greatly enjoyed reading all of your posts!), but my attention was drawn this morning to an issue I could not help but respond to, and Paulding.com is a valuable resource to do so.

A recent post on Paulding Pundit attacks my husband for "liking" something called the Global Fund for Education on facebook. First of all, how desperate are Paulette Braddock's people if they are using my husband's Facebook "Likes" against him?? Second, is the Global Fund for Education really something so terrible for someone to "like"? A click of a button on facebook does not correspond to a first legislative priority for a candidate-especially when the legislation in question is in a completely different body than the one to which the candidate is seeking election. Commenting on Will's opinion of the Global Fund for Education is like asking a school board candidate how they feel about national defense policies.

MOST IMPORTANTLY, aside from the frivolousness of this attack on my husband, what made this an issue that I simply MUST publicly respond to is that the person responsible for this post on Paulding Pundit saw fit to use a photograph with his article that, I can only assume, is intended to make Will look extreme and juvenile; however, in reality, this is a picture of a father anxiously, excitedly anticipating the birth of his baby.

The photo in the Paulding Pundit (and now also paulding examiner) article was taken at the hospital, immediately before the birth of our daughter--our first child. Look at the chair he is sitting in--where else can you find plastic upholstered chairs!? I have notified the publisher of this article of the nature of the photograph he has used (and how he got access to this picture, I do not know), and my comments have been censored and ignored, my facebook comment deleted, my friend who also commented was kicked off from "liking" the Paulding Pundit on facebook, and my comment on the post itself has not been acknowledged or published.

If Will looks extreme and excited in this photograph, it is because he is mere hours away from the happiest, most amazing moment of his entire life and mine, and I believe it is extremely inappropriate to use in this context. Anyone who would KNOWINGLY ABUSE such a photograph in the manner that Paulding Pundit's author has done has no understanding or respect for family values.

• Like 2
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've yet to see Will answer for himself. I also have not seen Will say he isn't sympathetic to liberal groups like the Global Fund for Education. Educating the world is a great concept. So is socia

Classy fellow <_ src="%7B___base_url___%7D/uploads/emoticons/default_wacko.png" alt=":wacko:">

Nice "assumption" there.

Posted Images

I was wondering where that photo came from.

Thank you for clearing that up.

It is a strange looking photo to find in a publication.

It looks as though with this picture and the last with his hair blown by the wind you guys must have sent some of these family moments to people you thought were friends.

I dig his hair! I'm thinking somebody else would lurve to have that much hair. Hair envy.

Is it bad to point out that everybody has curly hair somewhere? (Totally inappropriate, HA!)

Don't worry about this craziness. I'm voting on issues so I'm voting for Will, even though I am having to cross the aisle to do it.

i can't help but wonder, if the post was made on another website, why choose this one to do your explaining.

*i'd ask the same question of anyone, with regards to any other website.

i can't help but wonder, if the post was made on another website, why choose this one to do your explaining.

Because the other folks may not be so gracious in letting her post stand as written. That's just my thinking.

I found some other family photos online:

Family photos link

um, your link leads to the brady bunch movie.....

I dig his hair! I'm thinking somebody else would lurve to have that much hair. Hair envy.

Is it bad to point out that everybody has curly hair somewhere? (Totally inappropriate, HA!)

Don't worry about this craziness. I'm voting on issues so I'm voting for Will, even though I am having to cross the aisle to do it.

where do you see the pics she's speaking of? there's no link to any article or picture in the OP.

Because the other folks may not be so gracious in letting her post stand as written. That's just my thinking.

logical.

but, is it assumed that the members here also read paulding pundit, and vice versa?

i'd never heard of it before just now, and since there's no link, i'm off to google.

where do you see the pics she's speaking of? there's no link to any article or picture in the OP.

I'm not going to link the other site, but she names it. Just type it into your browser. Personal pictures are there.

I guess you could say he asked for it because he is running for public office, but some things should be sacred. There is no sense of fair play in politics in the modern world.

I can see why she feels violated, but decent people won't care about it. He looks excited. Good for him. I wish all fathers were that excited about getting a new baby. The world would be a better place.

• Like 1

I'm not going to link the other site, but she names it. Just type it into your browser. Personal pictures are there.

I guess you could say he asked for it because he is running for public office, but some things should be sacred. There is no sense of fair play in politics in the modern world.

I can see why she feels violated, but decent people won't care about it. He looks excited. Good for him. I wish all fathers were that excited about getting a new baby. The world would be a better place.

found it. interesting read.

i'm not nearly as concerned with the pics as i am the information in the article itself.

i'm not sure that i read anything about the picture. no, i'm sure i didn't.

I was the second person to post in this thread and my comment was removed. My comment broke no pcom rules that I am aware of so I am posting it again as I still feel the same about this thread. There is no reason to censor my comment:

For goodness sake, it is Halloween. Take your family trick or treating. Go carve a pumpkin or something... :huh:

• Like 3

I was the second person to post in this thread and my comment was removed. My comment broke no pcom rules that I am aware of so I am posting it again as I still feel the same about this thread. There is no reason to censor my comment:

For goodness sake, it is Halloween. Take your family trick or treating. Go carve a pumpkin or something... :huh:

agreed.

the quickest way to spread drama is to, well, spread it.

it seems to me that if there was something negative written about myself or a family member somewhere on the web, i'd hope and pray that few people saw/read it.

drawing attention to it on a totally unrelated site simply ensures that more folks will view it.

Then you see her point. The pictures had nothing to do with the commentary. And it is commentary, not based on fact.

I'm not holding the happiest moment of this guy's life against him. Thanks PP, for sharing that! I feel better about my choice. Mr. Avery and I feel share a deep love and excitement about our respective children! I was grinning like an idiot every time I popped one out. OK, maybe ten minutes later, but you know what I mean.

Then you see her point. The pictures had nothing to do with the commentary. And it is commentary, not based on fact.

I'm not holding the happiest moment of this guy's life against him. Thanks PP, for sharing that! I feel better about my choice. Mr. Avery and I feel share a deep love and excitement about our respective children! I was grinning like an idiot every time I popped one out. OK, maybe ten minutes later, but you know what I mean.

i'm confused.

the article states that will 'liked' something on facebook.

there's a record of him doing so.

the article also goes on to discuss what that something is, and what it does.

how are these not facts?

the article has nothing to do with attacking family values. nothing mentioned about the picture.

I believe she mentioned in the original post that her comments had been ignored or removed on the 'other' site. Said site is 'moderated' and apparently reserves the right to publish comments. We'll see if they post mine. :D

I tried posting on his website, and also commenting on his publishing of the post on paulding pundit's facebook page. In all cases, my comments were ignored and deleted. I knew paulding.com is a neutral and fair site where I could express myself without being censored based simply on my opinions.

• Like 1

I understand her consternation. I'm not going to belittle her or try to dampen her concerns with parlor tricks. Any of us would defend our families to the death if we felt the need.

Mrs. Avery,

This doesn't change anything to real voters. If a bumpkin or gossip feels swayed, that can't be helped. Try not to worry. I wouldn't read this thread too long. I see it going South, really quickly. It is almost November 2nd. I'm sure it can't get here soon enough for you.

Naysayers: It's day. Don't knock during the day. You have to give people the chance to turn on their porch lights. Since mine was mysteriously broken one day while I was at work, I ate all the candy and will not be handing any out. hahahaha

• Like 1

Yep, I read your post the first time. You are right, it was removed!

I tried posting on his website, and also commenting on his publishing of the post on paulding pundit's facebook page. In all cases, my comments were ignored and deleted. I knew paulding.com is a neutral and fair site where I could express myself without being censored based simply on my opinions.

Kind of like mine was in your thread????? :pardon:

i'm confused.

the article states that will 'liked' something on facebook.

there's a record of him doing so.

the article also goes on to discuss what that something is, and what it does.

how are these not facts?

the article has nothing to do with attacking family values. nothing mentioned about the picture.

Because it is stupid. It is just stupid. Facebook likes and politics. How freaking stupid.

but...why?

it seems to me that you're just bringing drama from another site to this one.

did will 'like' the global fund for education?

is this not what the global fund for education does?

The facebook group page for “GLOBAL FUND FOR EDUCATION” links to the following:

The Education for All Act of 2010 (H.R. 5117)

What does the Education for All Act Do?

The EFA bill seeks to ensure the U.S. provides the resources and leadership to contribute to a successful international effort to provide all children with a quality basic education by 2015.

To ensure efforts to improve the quality of education, the U.S. shall commit resources to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and quality of basic education programs and develop specific indicators to measure learning outcomes.

The bill authorizes funding to help developing countries create and implement national education plans to achieve quality universal basic education. It also requires the U.S. to align assistance to support these plans; coordinate and integrate bilateral and multilateral assistance so that aid is directly responsive to country needs, capacity, and commitment; as well as promote sustainable development.

The bill calls on the U.S. to support a multilateral education initiative, like the Fast Track Initiative or a multilateral Global Fund for Education. The multilateral initiative should be independent and governed equally by donors, developing country governments, and civil society based;

Recognizing the importance of holistic development of communities, the U.S. should utilize schools as the foundations for community development and build them as centers of integrated development assistance programs, such as health, nutrition, adult literacy, business training, democracy education, and housing programs..

The bill also directs the President to create a comprehensive strategy on Education for All to achieve the targets and goals of Education for All as prioritized in this bill.

The creation of the position of the Education for All Coordinator, which would oversee and carry out Education for All policies, ensure coordination within the U.S. Government and with NGOs and international partners, and convene an annual meeting to evaluate progress in the U.S. strategy for Education for All.

The President to submit an annual report to Congress that will include efforts to achieve the goals and implement the strategy.

Authorizes sufficient funds to expand access to and improve quality of basic education.

President Obama is supportive of global education. In fact, during the presidential campaign in 2008, he stated his intention to sign the 2007 Education for All Act into law. He also pledged $2 billion for a global education fund. This commitment was reiterated by Secretary of State Clinton during her confirmation hearings; as a senator, Secretary Clinton introduced the Education for All Act of 2007. At the September 2009 UN General Assembly meeting, President Obama announced he would come to the 2010 UN Millennium Development Goal (MDG) Summit with a plan to achieve the MDGs — which include Education for All.

how does stating this attack your family values?

• Like 1

I am still pissed my comment was removed. :drinks:

Try again. I'll wait for it....

but...why?

The facebook group page for “GLOBAL FUND FOR EDUCATION” links to the following:

The Education for All Act of 2010 (H.R. 5117)

What does the Education for All Act Do?

The EFA bill seeks to ensure the U.S. provides the resources and leadership to contribute to a successful international effort to provide all children with a quality basic education by 2015.

To ensure efforts to improve the quality of education, the U.S. shall commit resources to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness and quality of basic education programs and develop specific indicators to measure learning outcomes.

The bill authorizes funding to help developing countries create and implement national education plans to achieve quality universal basic education. It also requires the U.S. to align assistance to support these plans; coordinate and integrate bilateral and multilateral assistance so that aid is directly responsive to country needs, capacity, and commitment; as well as promote sustainable development.

The bill calls on the U.S. to support a multilateral education initiative, like the Fast Track Initiative or a multilateral Global Fund for Education. The multilateral initiative should be independent and governed equally by donors, developing country governments, and civil society based;

Recognizing the importance of holistic development of communities, the U.S. should utilize schools as the foundations for community development and build them as centers of integrated development assistance programs, such as health, nutrition, adult literacy, business training, democracy education, and housing programs..

The bill also directs the President to create a comprehensive strategy on Education for All to achieve the targets and goals of Education for All as prioritized in this bill.

The creation of the position of the Education for All Coordinator, which would oversee and carry out Education for All policies, ensure coordination within the U.S. Government and with NGOs and international partners, and convene an annual meeting to evaluate progress in the U.S. strategy for Education for All.

The President to submit an annual report to Congress that will include efforts to achieve the goals and implement the strategy.

Authorizes sufficient funds to expand access to and improve quality of basic education.

President Obama is supportive of global education. In fact, during the presidential campaign in 2008, he stated his intention to sign the 2007 Education for All Act into law. He also pledged $2 billion for a global education fund. This commitment was reiterated by Secretary of State Clinton during her confirmation hearings; as a senator, Secretary Clinton introduced the Education for All Act of 2007. At the September 2009 UN General Assembly meeting, President Obama announced he would come to the 2010 UN Millennium Development Goal (MDG) Summit with a plan to achieve the MDGs — which include Education for All.

She answered that already. The picture was the family values the part. The other is a red herring and some coffee (maybe crack) inspired nonsense that doesn't have anything to do with local or state politics.

Because it is stupid. It is just stupid. Facebook likes and politics. How freaking stupid.

i'll agree wholeheartedly that this whole thing is incredibly stupid.

but i can't agree that family values were attacked. not in the article that shows mr avery waiting on his kid to be born.

it sucks that a crappy looking pic was used.

it sucks that he's being called out or questioned his conservatism.

but it sucks worse that his wife is spreading the drama and ensuring maximum exposure of negativity towards him.

with friends like those.......

Kind of like mine was in your thread????? :pardon:

Unless the OP is also a moderator here, I doubt she's the one who removed your comment. Why not just ask Pubby why it was removed?

As for your original comment, it may be Hallowe'en, but it's also two days until election day. Petty political tricks and sleazy political 'commentary' take no holidays - since the 'other' site posted their tacky attack today, I daresay Ms. Avery felt it necessary to reply ASAP.

• Like 2

Try again. I'll wait for it....

She answered that already. The picture was the family values the part. The other is a red herring and some coffee (maybe crack) inspired nonsense that doesn't have anything to do with local or state politics.

the picture attacked her family values? how so? there's no commentary at all regarding the picture.

other than 'two thumbs up', and he was giving two thumbs up.

perhaps if you value your family photos, you shouldn't make them public. especially the ones that your wife seems to think make you look juvenile.

i'll agree wholeheartedly that this whole thing is incredibly stupid.

but i can't agree that family values were attacked. not in the article that shows mr avery waiting on his kid to be born.

it sucks that a crappy looking pic was used.

it sucks that he's being called out or questioned his conservatism.

but it sucks worse that his wife is spreading the drama and ensuring maximum exposure of negativity towards him.

with friends like those.......

Aww. I think she's cute. She's not a political vamp that has been around the block a few times. (hahahaha laughing at my not-so-sly-reference)

Aww. I think she's cute. She's not a political vamp that has been around the block a few times. (hahahaha laughing at my not-so-sly-reference)

i don't know much about her. or him either.

i know i can't stand paulette. and i'm a republican.

her post just seems in bad form to me.

looks like drama.

but...why?

I'll let Will answer for himself what he likes and doesn't like, but speaking for myself, it seems that this Global Fund for Education strives to provide education for all people, which, as a teacher, I believe is a worthy cause. Now, I have not researched this organization, nor do I believe that funds should go to education in other countries at the expense of education in our own, which is definitely lacking. The website does not affect my family values. The attack against my husband, claiming that he is lying, "bamboozling" the good people of our district is simply ridiculous. Along with several other unsupportable attacks you might have seen in your mailbox, this article has absolutely no substance. He "Liked" a page on fb. My point is that this person is grasping at straws to try to make Will look bad. What does offend my family values is the fact that he took, without permission, a photograph from a very special time, which he could only have gotten off Will's fb page, and attached it to this foolishness. Call me crazy, but when it relates to my child, I feel compelled to get involved.

perhaps if you value your family photos, you shouldn't make them public. especially the ones that your wife seems to think make you look juvenile.

I don't have a FB for exactly this reason. I know the Internet is NOT private, no matter how much people like to think it is.

I don't think it is a big deal. Grasping at straws. I'm hoping most people have already read up on issues and are voting based on that, not some silly pictures and New World Order propaganda.

• Like 1

Unless the OP is also a moderator here, I doubt she's the one who removed your comment. Why not just ask Pubby why it was removed?

As for your original comment, it may be Hallowe'en, but it's also two days until election day. Petty political tricks and sleazy political 'commentary' take no holidays - since the 'other' site posted their tacky attack today, I daresay Ms. Avery felt it necessary to reply ASAP.

Still not a valid reason for the removal.

So she was censored "there" and I was censored "here". How incredibly funny!

I hope my Hubby never runs for office! I know what the pictures from his college days look like. His political positions and beliefs have changed as much as his looks by the way. We were just talking about that last night. You guys know how many times I have said I won't vote for a Democrat but I do wonder how long ago that picture was made.:unsure:

I hope my Hubby never runs for office! I know what the pictures from his college days look like. His political positions and beliefs have changed as much as his looks by the way. We were just talking about that last night. You guys know how many times I have said I won't vote for a Democrat but I do wonder how long ago that picture was made.:unsure:

I am more suspicious of people without hair. Did their hair know the evil things they were thinking and leave before it got bad and they were pictured in some sleazy magazine? Yep, that's what I think.

I am more suspicious of people without hair. Did their hair know the evil things they were thinking and leave before it got bad and they were pictured in some sleazy magazine? Yep, that's what I think.

Hubby's hair did leave him but I know it wasn't because he was evil. He used to have a full beard and wear sandals though. Looked a lot like Will in that picture except for the hair color. :lol:

Hummm?

what is see is that Tom Milianese finds fault with those who think the world will be better off the better educated the population is.

It is quite obvious that the conservatives, who look to history as their guide, say that massive ignorance throughout the world was good enough for great grandpa so it ought to be good enough for you and me.

... which is totally consistent with the entire conservative philosophy which is that if ignorance is bliss, that is the best way to keep the masses happy in their wage slavery.

And I think with the folks they have running including their legal issues and proven special treatment (Deal's near exclusivity with his junk yard business) and even Paulette's arrest record they are counting on widespread ignorance not only here but across the globe. I mean really would anyone with any education vote for these goons?

pubby

Hubby's hair did leave him but I know it wasn't because he was evil. He used to have a full beard and wear sandals though. Looked a lot like Will in that picture except for the hair color. :lol:

Then I must ask, since you married a man with crazy hair: Did he turn out OK? Is he a facist? Is he plotting to overthrow the government? Are there any other hair-related conspiracies, or thumb related, of which we need to be aware?

Because if he turned out OK, and a personal picture is just a personal picture, then I think people should be more more aware of what constitutes things-that-affect-candidates and things-that-are-none-of-our-business.