Paulding.com

I may never fly again

After watching World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer, I have another reason for not wanting to fly. I am uncomfortable flying anyway and would much rather drive. There's not much chance that I will ever go out of the country. Our choices for body checks will either be the full scan that shows everything or a full body check where they will be checking every part (almost) of your body. I understand the reasons, but I'm not okay with it.

After watching World News Tonight with Diane Sawyer, I have another reason for not wanting to fly. I am uncomfortable flying anyway and would much rather drive. There's not much chance that I will ever go out of the country. Our choices for body checks will either be the full scan that shows everything or a full body check where they will be checking every part (almost) of your body. I understand the reasons, but I'm not okay with it.

A couple of months ago when I flew out of Regan to Atlanta, I was called out for a full body scan...I was like WTH but you gotta do it. After I was putting my shoes back on I turned around and wouldn't you know it, another woman was being ck'd. I think they get their jollies because I didn't see any fat middle aged men being asked to do it KWIM :glare:

I've had the full body scan in Boston and it was no big deal. It's not like the picture was broadcast to the whole airport on a Jumbotron. In fact, I couldn't even see it.

What's scary is not being searched AT ALL, whatsoever when flying into the U.S. :o

HA another women...Any men on here have to do it yet?

A couple of months ago when I flew out of Regan to Atlanta, I was called out for a full body scan...I was like WTH but you gotta do it. After I was putting my shoes back on I turned around and wouldn't you know it, another woman was being ck'd. I think they get their jollies because I didn't see any fat middle aged men being asked to do it KWIM :glare:

HA another women...Any men on here have to do it yet?

My husband had to do it right behind me. I was watching while waiting for him and it seemed to be a broad spectrum of people. But at first I thought the same thing...women only. The only thing I found weird was how they make you stand in line after the screening until the TSA person is told by some mysterious voice that I'm ok. It was like the Great Oz was speaking to her. I found it hard to stifle my giggles.

IT so gross to take your shoes off and then have to walk where hundreds of other people have just walked barefoot. I'm also grossed out buy having to set in the nasty seats on the planes. I swear they never wash them and they are gross. The last flight we took the magazines offered where gross too. All dirty, and torn to shreds.

IT so gross to take your shoes off and then have to walk where hundreds of other people have just walked barefoot. I'm also grossed out buy having to set in the nasty seats on the planes. I swear they never wash them and they are gross. The last flight we took the magazines offered where gross too. All dirty, and torn to shreds.

There is a solution to this...private plane. If you've got an extra $15K sitting around (and that's just to get to Miami).

Guest Hi~ho Silver

From my understanding, you can opt out of the full body scan and they will do a half assed pat-down. I'll opt out just to be a pain in the ass. Going through TSA Security is ridiculous as it is. I mentioned out loud once that the terrorists won after all. Four people standing around me quickly agreed.

Detroit does the full body scan for everyone....they can't "see" anything, it looks like an xray.

Still, it is a pain in the ass. You get "used" to it, but the folks they target are laughable. My favorite was the little kid they pulled aside to do an extra search of her hello kitty backpack...that box of crayons, the coloring book and the bag of gold fish crackers was VERY worrisome. :rofl:

Detroit does the full body scan for everyone....they can't "see" anything, it looks like an xray.

Still, it is a pain in the ass. You get "used" to it, but the folks they target are laughable. My favorite was the little kid they pulled aside to do an extra search of her hello kitty backpack...that box of crayons, the coloring book and the bag of gold fish crackers was VERY worrisome. :rofl:

I see BOOBIES :blink:

http://www.fastcompany.com/blog/kit-eaton/technomix/full-body-scanners-airports-good-bad-and-ugly

How see through the image is depends on the type of scanner used. There are two kinds, Millimeter Wave Scanner (which shows more detail see below)

800px-Mmw_large.jpg (notice if you wear underwear they can't see any detail so put on some granny panties and you will be OK :rofl: )

and the Backscatter Xray. There is not enough detail for anyone to be worried about i wouldn't think, really no more revealing then wearing a bikini top. (See Image Below)

220px-Backscatter_x-ray_image_woman.jpg

Of course IMO we should all just fly in airport issued hospital gowns and then we have nothing to worry about /s

Edited by Go BLUE!

How see through the image is depends on the type of scanner used. There are two kinds, Millimeter Wave Scanner (which shows more detail see below)

800px-Mmw_large.jpg (notice if you wear underwear they can't see any detail so put on some granny panties and you will be OK :rofl: )

and the Backscatter Xray. There is not enough detail for anyone to be worried about i wouldn't think, really no more revealing then wearing a bikini top. (See Image Below)

220px-Backscatter_x-ray_image_woman.jpg

Of course IMO we should all just fly in airport issued hospital gowns and then we have nothing to worry about /s

Granny Panties :nea:

There is a solution to this...private plane. If you've got an extra $15K sitting around (and that's just to get to Miami).

See, this is how I think. The trouble I run into is the $15K. :)

not me. i'll never see them again.

Ditto.