Paulding.com

Olive Tree Review Please?

It is our 3rd wedding anniversary and I wanted to try out this new Olive Tree Restauraunt in DT Hiram.

I was hoping someone could give me somekind of a review on the food, service, menu options for kids,

alcohol for a little celebratin' (champagne, good wine,etc.),and the classiness/fanciness on a scale of 1 to 10

(that way we will know how to dress; like are we going to church on communion day or a barbecue?)Thanks in advance ,

you savvy P-commers!!!:drinks:

Have many fond memories up there! :drinks:

(and pray that there will be many more) :wub:

I happen to order off of the children's menu :good: :good:

Like sitting on the patio with candles :wub: :good:

Don't forget the little child in you & drop a penny or two

on the RR Tracks before you go in to eat! :)

I give it a on a scale of 1 to 5 STARS

****1/2 STARS! :wub:

I haven't been yet but it sounds nice. We like the Italian place over by Target in Douglasville, Provinos I think is what it is called. Dress casual. They have a kids menu, and Monday through Thursday half the menu is 1/2 off. Then have wine and beer but not sure if they have a full bar.

Ok, next question: Would anyone recommend any other very outstanding & different restauraunt for the anniversary occasion?:drinks:

I love the Olive Tree

but other nice one is

Gabe's Downtown

104 West Montgomery Street

Villa Rica, Georgia 30180

(770) 456-6026

facebook page with specials

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Villa-Rica-GA/Gabes-Downtown/140261608115

I think the food is good, there was hardly anyone in there when we went, we took a late lunch. The food was good, the owner and cook took special care of my saganki for me. :wub: Service was outstanding. I had a gyro, good ones are hard to find. My husband ate the shrimp pasta, he's not a big pasta eater but he cleaned his plate.

I enjoyed the atmosphere, talking to the cook and the relaxed environment. The patio area is very nice but I believe there are smokers out there. JSYK...........I'm with CC definitely a 4 1/2 out of 5 only because they were still getting things right. We'll definitely go back. :)

I love the Olive Tree

but other nice one is

Gabe's Downtown

104 West Montgomery Street

Villa Rica, Georgia 30180

(770) 456-6026

facebook page with specials

http://www.facebook....wn/140261608115

I'll have to try this one out when it's not a school night! Thanks!biggrin.gif

It is our 3rd wedding anniversary and I wanted to try out this new Olive Tree Restauraunt in DT Hiram.

I was hoping someone could give me somekind of a review on the food, service, menu options for kids,

alcohol for a little celebratin' (champagne, good wine,etc.),and the classiness/fanciness on a scale of 1 to 10

(that way we will know how to dress; like are we going to church on communion day or a barbecue?)Thanks in advance ,

you savvy P-commers!!!:drinks:

Happy anniversary!

I would say dress is Friday business casual - jeans OK as long as you haven't painted the house in 'em. :D

My husband and I tried Olive Tree a few weeks ago. He got a fish dish which he said was very good; I got a shrimp pasta dish that I thought was only OK. I met some friends yesterday for lunch at the Olive Tree on Thornton Road, and got a pizza there that I considered only OK. As far as I'm concerned, the best Italian around here is The Italian Oven on the E/W Connector.

We would rate it a 3; food was ok, salad was disappointing (minimal dressings to choose), bread-we didn't even finish...just ok, for the price. Service was good. We were too close to other diners and heard every word, which made our conversation difficult. Maybe lunch would be better, but there's too many good lunch choices for us to return for it there.

We would rate it a 3; food was ok, salad was disappointing (minimal dressings to choose), bread-we didn't even finish...just ok, for the price. Service was good. We were too close to other diners and heard every word, which made our conversation difficult. Maybe lunch would be better, but there's too many good lunch choices for us to return for it there.

let me guess; only Greek or Italian Dressing. Imagine that, at a "Greek /Italian" restaurant no less.

Great food. Great owners. Great people.

• Like 1

The Olive Tree is awesome.

I've been eating there for YEARS...

Started out eating at the one on Thorton Rd. many moons ago.

Then, at the one in Villa Rica, when they opened.

Have been to the Hiram location 3 or 4 times and the experience has

been nothing but great.

For a nicer atmosphere though, I'd pick the Villa Rica location over the Hiram location.

The Villa Rica location has a more cozy and less historical feel about it.

We went last month and enjoyed it. My favorite Italian is Pasta Bella on the East/West connector.

For something different, try the 57th fighter group. I never went to THIS one, but we used to go to the 56th fighter group in Long Island all the time. It's different. We always liked it! Atmosphere is great!

http://www.the57threstaurant.com/

This has been closed for quite some time now - years.

I went about three weeks ago and thought it was very good. I had the lasagna and a Greek salad, both were delicious and there was so much food I had lunch the next day. I forgot about the bread, it is just so so. I thoroughly enjoyed the cozy atmosphere, I went with of my wonderful friends during lunch time. Oh yes, and Happy Anniversary!!

Edited by raclay

I'm wanting to try going here... but dunno when. I would LOVE to try Aspen's @ The Avenue. Looks good but pricey. Anyone tried it? Or the Elevation Chophouse @ Kennesaw Airport...

We ate at Aspens for our anniversary. It was very good, but be prepared, it is quite expensive........... (best creme brulee I have ever had!)

Oh! I had no idea! I'm still new to this site. I'll never ask for a review again. Because you can't stop the bad ones because they will exist.

They are a commerce member so no negative reviews will be allowed on pcom. I Have not tried it yet so I cant give advice.

We ate at Aspens for our anniversary. It was very good, but be prepared, it is quite expensive........... (best creme brulee I have ever had!)

Aspens would have been awesome! :yahoo: but.....yes, I remember the prices on those Japanese Oysters we had! That's def a place to go to w/o your kids!!!

Oh! I had no idea! I'm still new to this site. I'll never ask for a review again. Because you can't stop the bad ones because they will exist.

The reason for that is people have different expectations and when it comes to food different likes and dislikes.

All businesses have off days when employees don't show ect.

Some people hold grudges against businesses for personal reasons, and others just like the power trip of using P.com as a big power stick against local businesses.

It is best for people to just PM their negative opinions to the op giving a business at least a good chance in our community.

I have eaten at the Olive tree many times, the food is authentic, many do not like authentic, I do so I have been extremely pleased with everything.

The service has always been great for me.

Aspens in only as expensive as you make it. With the Early Bird menu, it can be quite affordable.

If you are looking or a local restaurant to celebrate, that is a little nicer than the rest, Aspens is a very good choice. Short of going to Ruth's Chris, Chops, Bones, etc., you won't find a better filet. It is, by far, our favorite restaurant for an "adult" night out that is nearby.

On the OP, I have always enjoyed the Olive Tree.

Edited by chainshaw1

The reason for that is people have different expectations and when it comes to food different likes and dislikes.

All businesses have off days when employees don't show ect.

Some people hold grudges against businesses for personal reasons, and others just like the power trip of using P.com as a big power stick against local businesses.

It is best for people to just PM their negative opinions to the op giving a business at least a good chance in our community.

I have eaten at the Olive tree many times, the food is authentic, many do not like authentic, I do so I have been extremely pleased with everything.

The service has always been great for me.

still a review is a review... if it is a tasteful dislike/negative instead of a mean/crass/hateful dislike/negative I think it should be allowed. My mom said I can't be liked by everyone...get over it...lol

I know they pay to be a part of this site and so do some people... so if we pay can we get the mean stuff about us deleted too :pardon: haha jk I am a big girl and can take care of that myself

Hoping to go to the Olive Tree today for lunch.

Sam and Roscoe's is our "anniversary" place. Love it. Can be casual, can be dressy - you choose.

Took Oldest to the Elevation Chophouse (at the McCullom airport) for his birthday - loved it. Both of our boys are asking to go back. - expensive but casual

Been to Aspens- lovely - great food - expensive but a bit dressy