Paulding.com

If I were to open a BAR...

Would a SWIM-UP Bar Fly In Paulding?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Would a swim-up BAR fly in Paulding?

• YES
    • NO
    • I think you have been drinking!

I really enjoy a laid back environment and someone the other day

suggested I open a BAR.

I have been ponder this... what kind of BAR?

and I have come up with this concept...

image-aHR0cDovL2JsdWJlZGJ1aWEwMjo4My9pL0Q1L0U4RjU2OERCQzM5RUU5OTIzNEREOUI2NERGQy5qcGc.jpg

image-aHR0cDovL2JsdWJlZGJ1aWEwMjo4My9pL0JBLzRFNUExMjdDRDU3M0MwQUYyMDgzMjc4RkREMTBGRi5qcGc.jpg

image-aHR0cDovL2JsdWJlZGJ1aWEwMjo4My9pLzdDLzVERDYxQTU3QUU3NUIzODA5QTQ1NzRBRkU1NUM0NS5qcGc.jpg

Yes, it will be heated in the winter... totally INSIDE!

(palm trees and sand too!) :drinks:

as lovely as that looks, it simply wont do...because 'I' do not look like the back of that chick

and would go to your bar, but would the sight of me in a suit would run off all your paying

customers! LOL

But, I really think a big sports bar by the Publix at Seven Hills would be awesome!

Ya know, with music, pool tables, dancing, casual atmosphere...Let me know when you open it k?

as lovely as that looks, it simply wont do...because 'I' do not look like the back of that chick

and would go to your bar, but would the sight of me in a suit would run off all your paying

customers! LOL

But, I really think a big sports bar by the Publix at Seven Hills would be awesome!

Ya know, with music, pool tables, dancing, casual atmosphere...Let me know when you open it k?

that is why you don't go right when it opens..make sure everyone has their beer goggles on... rofl...

I can't see this working in Ga.

The reason they are popular in resorts and at water parks is you are there for the swimming so you already have your trunks with you etc.

I'm not going to go to a bar, change into a suit and then have to change back out to go home. Not to mention the EXTREME cost of upkeep. As a stand alone I can't see it being profitable

I can't see this working in Ga.

The reason they are popular in resorts and at water parks is you are there for the swimming so you already have your trunks with you etc.

I'm not going to go to a bar, change into a suit and then have to change back out to go home. Not to mention the EXTREME cost of upkeep. As a stand alone I can't see it being profitable

'Sides, can you imagine all the drunk rednecks that would pee in it? :bad:

While that's certainly a pie in the sky view of what you could have around here, I DID really enjoy the scenery! :drinks:

You open the bar up, and I can get you come GOOD entertainment in there! How's that? :clapping:

• 2 weeks later...

Would you believe that I worked on this exact thing for 3 years and presented my package to 3 banks about 2 years ago. The builder said it would NEVER go over in Paulding County because this county is not ready for this type of "elegance" -- my plans included an indoor / outdoor - like you swim under the glass to go to the outdoor part. He wanted me to take it to Cobb County. In any event, I needed $1.5 M, and the banks would not take a chance on me -- NOW, you as a man, might have a better chance. HOWEVER, the way the county is looking now, I do believe my builder was correct. :good:

Ketle One, soda, splash of cranberry and a lime, please! :drinks:

Hey, Ben and Jerry's started their first ice cream shop in a small college town in the VERY cold winters of Vermont. If people like your idea enough, anything is possible!

LOVE the idea...but I've seen the people in the Hiram & Dallas walmarts. I don't want to see any of them with any less clothing on. There are no beer goggles thick enough.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: And their actions match their looks too - that's what I'm talking about! Oh, wait a minute, I go to Wal-Mart too. :ninja:

I knew Sungoddess wanted to do this several years ago. No one would talk to her about financing, it's a shame.

But here are some of my thoughts:

1. As much as I love Paulding County, I just don't think there are enough people that would appreciate this.

2. Money is tight, people want to go to a bar to drink, not swim. How are you gonna keep the drunks out of the water?? :unsure:

3. The chlorine concentration would have to be so strong it would burn your eyes if you fell off the bar stool. :drinks:

But if you want to buy one of these, you could experiment a little at home. I want one!! I could test it for you if you want. :)

post-741-0-71963800-1288777284_thumb.jpg

no not in paulding-

We could move though :)

Not to mention I have no desire to see a bunch of rebel swimsuits with parts of the body that should no be shown hanging out lol.

And is it going to be indoor? :)

Edited by CarolineElizabeth

Would you believe that I worked on this exact thing for 3 years and presented my package to 3 banks about 2 years ago. The builder said it would NEVER go over in Paulding County because this county is not ready for this type of "elegance" -- my plans included an indoor / outdoor - like you swim under the glass to go to the outdoor part. He wanted me to take it to Cobb County. In any event, I needed $1.5 M, and the banks would not take a chance on me -- NOW, you as a man, might have a better chance. HOWEVER, the way the county is looking now, I do believe my builder was correct.

SG - I can't believe the bankers turned you down!