Paulding.com

Spinoff of the washing clothes thread-----

I never was the type of person to wait and do all my washing on the weekends. With 3 kids, I washed at least a load of towels and a load of colored clothes every night. I might not have got much more done during the week, but at least the washing was kept up. Weekends were for washing beds!!

Now that it is just me, I do towels about every 3 days and I wash my clothes from work just about every night. Just about everything I wear is washed on a gentle cycle and hung to dry. My dryer is only used for towels and bedding. I do not dry my jeans--being tall I find that they just shrink too much.

My daughter (for some ungodly reason), does nothing the way she was brought up. She very rarely irons and saves all of her clothes for the weekend. It totally confuses me.

My oldest son will iron all of his and the grandson's clothes. His wife has no concept of ironing clothes (or cooking). She also grinds my nerves because she throws everything in the washer together--no sorting. WTH??????? I have tried and tried to tell her--she doesn't listen. But on the other hand--her house is spotless--mops kitchen every night etc. Go figure.

Around here, when the basket fill up, spills over into the floor and the pile gets so big that we can't climb over it anymore.. then we do laundry.

That's how my kid functions. When she can't climb over it or runs out of jeans, she starts the washer.

She's six, though, so I can't complain...atleast she does laundry.

I do laundy everyday. With two athletic children - it just smells too bad.

I'm like your DIL - I don't sort clothes. With modern dyes and laundry detergent, there's really no need to. I actually sort our clothes by who they belong to. Makes my life much easier. I don't always run full loads either. With my front loader, it doesn't really matter - so I figure why not have an easier life. That way, I pull them out of the dryer sort by person and they can go straight to the owner's room.

When we have a build up of laundry - after vacation, sheet changing day, etc. - to me, there is nothing more satisfying than laundry because you can see the results.

now that I have a newborn I do laundry constantly! Before that, rarely. Laundry is what made me decide that the next house we buy will have to be a ranch style. Right now we have a split-level and the laundry is in the garage. I hate going up 2 flights of stairs with a load of laundry. yes, i'm lazy.

I never was the type of person to wait and do all my washing on the weekends. With 3 kids, I washed at least a load of towels and a load of colored clothes every night. I might not have got much more done during the week, but at least the washing was kept up. Weekends were for washing beds!!

Now that it is just me, I do towels about every 3 days and I wash my clothes from work just about every night. Just about everything I wear is washed on a gentle cycle and hung to dry. My dryer is only used for towels and bedding. I do not dry my jeans--being tall I find that they just shrink too much.

My daughter (for some ungodly reason), does nothing the way she was brought up. She very rarely irons and saves all of her clothes for the weekend. It totally confuses me.

My oldest son will iron all of his and the grandson's clothes. His wife has no concept of ironing clothes (or cooking). She also grinds my nerves because she throws everything in the washer together--no sorting. WTH??????? I have tried and tried to tell her--she doesn't listen. But on the other hand--her house is spotless--mops kitchen every night etc. Go figure.

Monday is normally 'laundry day' for me. I separate everything and do one load after another, usually about 6 loads. But during the week I still have to do towels and Hubby's clothes again.

I also iron just about everything I wear out, including jeans and t-shirts. Like you, my oldest daughter doesn't know what an iron is and it drives me crazy. I guess maybe I'm old school, but you should never leave the house wrinkled. If you get wrinkled while you're out, fine, but you don't leave the house that way.

After 26 years of marriage, Hubby will still come out in a shirt that needs pressing and say, 'Oh, it's fine'. Yea....no it's not, I make him take it off so I can run an iron over it.

The iron and Magic Sizing are my friends!!!

Monday is normally 'laundry day' for me. I separate everything and do one load after another, usually about 6 loads. But during the week I still have to do towels and Hubby's clothes again.

I also iron just about everything I wear out, including jeans and t-shirts. Like you, my oldest daughter doesn't know what an iron is and it drives me crazy. I guess maybe I'm old school, but you should never leave the house wrinkled. If you get wrinkled while you're out, fine, but you don't leave the house that way.

After 26 years of marriage, Hubby will still come out in a shirt that needs pressing and say, 'Oh, it's fine'. Yea....no it's not, I make him take it off so I can run an iron over it.

The iron and Magic Sizing are my friends!!!

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I just love folks that are passionate about ironing!!! And magic sizing too!!!

To me--you can wear the cheapest clothes you can buy and if they are pressed really well--you look like a million dollars!!!

I go to bed doing laundry and I wake up doing laundry!

It consumes my life!!! Why can't we all just go naked???? :drinks:

Very good point! And dont get me started on bras!! Whose idea was that, anyway??? The laundry does severe damamge to bras.

We do a load every day. Its my 12 year old sons job, and he does quite well.

:wub: :wub: :wub:

I just love folks that are passionate about ironing!!! And magic sizing too!!!

To me--you can wear the cheapest clothes you can buy and if they are pressed really well--you look like a million dollars!!!

You are right!! Also, I'm weird about the type of iron I use. It has to have a large, shiney sole plate with lots of steam holes, I don't like non stick sole plates at all. Heavy and self cleaning too. My favorite to date is Rowenta. I actually paid full price for one when my last one went out and I don't pay full price for anything.

now that I have a newborn I do laundry constantly! Before that, rarely. Laundry is what made me decide that the next house we buy will have to be a ranch style. Right now we have a split-level and the laundry is in the garage. I hate going up 2 flights of stairs with a load of laundry. yes, i'm lazy.

Same here! We have a laundry chute too. I shove it down into the garage. Then it's out of sight, out of mind. Which means I do laundry when we're wearing really weird stuff going, "where'd all my clothes go?"

DH will wash it, I put it away.

I'm on load #6 for the day - probably two more loads for today. My problem is the dryer - if it could just get done as quickly as the washer - I would be done alot faster. But, alas, it doesn't.

Yesterday was sheet changing day - it takes a little while to get caught up from that.

I'll do a load as needed any time, but mostly on the weekend unless I need something quickly. I have categories - towels, hand wash (cycle), gym clothes, dark, and whites. The husband does his work clothes separately.

I'll do a load as needed any time, but mostly on the weekend unless I need something quickly. I have categories - towels, hand wash (cycle), gym clothes, dark, and whites. The husband does his work clothes separately.

Yeah, I am kind of like that. Laundry is seperated and washed in this order: dark clothes (sometimes w/jeans), light clothes w/hubs' work khakis, towels and randam items of crap that fell out of the basket on the way to the washer or MrB's socks I uncover in the bedsheets. MrB is so tall that none of his pants can go directly in the dryer. The legs will tangel around each other and they come out all wound around each other. So, his pants are slung over the laundry closet door to halfway dry. After the clothes are done, I will toss a couple of pairs of pants in the dryer with a damp washcloth and a dryer sheet to complete drying and make them soft, not stiff like they would be if I let them air dry. If I leave a load of clothes in the dryer on accident, then I will run them again with a wet washcloth. Anything wrinkled or needing freshening up is tossed in with a wet washcloth and a dryersheet as well.

Wet washclothes are awesome :).

Yeah, I am kind of like that. Laundry is seperated and washed in this order: dark clothes (sometimes w/jeans), light clothes w/hubs' work khakis, towels and randam items of crap that fell out of the basket on the way to the washer or MrB's socks I uncover in the bedsheets. MrB is so tall that none of his pants can go directly in the dryer. The legs will tangel around each other and they come out all wound around each other. So, his pants are slung over the laundry closet door to halfway dry. After the clothes are done, I will toss a couple of pairs of pants in the dryer with a damp washcloth and a dryer sheet to complete drying and make them soft, not stiff like they would be if I let them air dry. If I leave a load of clothes in the dryer on accident, then I will run them again with a wet washcloth. Anything wrinkled or needing freshening up is tossed in with a wet washcloth and a dryersheet as well.

Wet washclothes are awesome smile.gif.

Wet washclothes here too!!

I don't iron but I go through a gallon of wrinkle releaser a month. :blush:

I was surprised at how well that stuff works. We were going to a wedding in Pennsylvania that my girls were actually in and we has LOTS of formal clothes for parties, rehearsal, etc. and it worked like magic!

Edited by momof 3