Paulding.com

No freakin comment Paulette?

What if the charges are not dropped? Let's assume she is arrested and is found guilty for a felony. Would that change your mind in any way at all? I'm being dead serious because I honestly don't think it would.

Sure it would, this is not a felony that she was found guilty of. This is pure degradation of a human being that probably went through an ugly divorce. I just don't see what the sense of all this is. I don't know Paulette and I don't know Will but this reeks of pure meanness, generally seen in High School. :blink:

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet another Republican candidate with an arrest record and you guys are making excuses for her? Is this REALLY the best you can do?   I am just thankful that we have a good, honest candidate (that

In the gubernatorial race, I can understand, to an extent, those who just refuse to vote for Roy Barnes and, because of that, are willing to hold their noses and vote for a a terrible candidate in Nat

Madea: The anonymous Dustin is not anonymous... its David aUSTIN. He's a Democrat who ran as a Republican to get elected as Commissioner in Paulding Co.,and he and his "good old boy" network are worki

What if the charges are not dropped? Let's assume she is arrested and is found guilty for a felony. Would that change your mind in any way at all? I'm being dead serious because I honestly don't think it would.

Anyone with a conviction for a violent crime would be off my radar.

Though cutting a piece of someones hair and scratching them while trying to get a phone...I would be highly surprised if that would get a felony conviction. :pardon:That sounds more like I am po'd at her I am calling the police. He calls, they take her in. Charges dropped. The DA does not need the husband to convict or testify so I am assuming that is was pretty petty to begin with. Just my thought on that.

So if something comes out about Will (I know nothing, just saying) you will change your mind about him? Even if it was something that happened almost 8 years ago and nothing really came out of it?

If he were lying about it or claiming to be against what he was actually doing, yes.

I have a bigger problem with being sneaky, lying and not being forthright. I really don't care what anyone else does as long as they are honest.

If he were lying about it or claiming to be against what he was actually doing, yes.

I have a bigger problem with being sneaky, lying and not being forthright. I really don't care what anyone else does as long as they are honest.

Did she lie about this? I haven't seen anything (yet) about that.

So if something comes out about Will (I know nothing, just saying) you will change your mind about him? Even if it was something that happened almost 8 years ago and nothing really came out of it?

When he was only 20? Maybe.

Edited by stercus tauri

If you get a speeding ticket technically you are under arrest, you are charged with a crime. If the officer wanted to he could haul you in to jail. Since the charges were dropped, I see no reason to even bring this up. I wonder, has Will ever received a moving violation?? Should we not vote for him if he has??

This is absolutely ridiculous and nothing short of High School stuff. :wacko:

Careful! You are going to hurt your back reaching like that. :D

Did she lie about this? I haven't seen anything (yet) about that.

I'll admit that my opinion on this is a bit skewed, but claiming to be a "True Conservative" and having an arrest on her record just don't really go together. A lie? In some folks opinion probably not. In my opinion it is underhanded and smells like some of Glenn Richardson's slight of hand character.

Not really, an arrest and conviction of a speeding ticket holds more water than being arrested and no further action, you know charges dismissed. ;)

Let's just say we were having a background check done to get clearance into the CDC (let's just say). Which do you think would raise the most flags? An arrest for Domestic Violence or a speeding ticket?

I'll admit that my opinion on this is a bit skewed, but claiming to be a "True Conservative" and having an arrest on her record just don't really go together. A lie? In some folks opinion probably not. In my opinion it is underhanded and smells like some of Glenn Richardson's slight of hand character.

Let's just say we were having a background check done to get clearance into the CDC (let's just say). Which do you think would raise the most flags? An arrest for Domestic Violence or a speeding ticket?

If it's just an arrest, it shouldn't even come up on a routine background check. ;)

If it's just an arrest, it shouldn't even come up on a routine background check. ;)

So why would this info still be on file at Paulding County? Being arrested is a serious matter. Unless you take the time to have it expunged an arrest will remain on your record and will show up on background checks.

Nice diversion, now answer the original question. Which do you think would be worse?

So why would this info still be on file at Paulding County? Being arrested is a serious matter. Unless you take the time to have it expunged an arrest will remain on your record and will show up on background checks.

Nice diversion, now answer the original question. Which do you think would be worse?

Now you're reaching. It's not even apples to oranges more like bananas to lemons. :lol: Being arrested is a serious matter if you are convicted of a crime.

Sometimes police officers do things to keep a situation from escalating beyond the current situation. It also helps when you have a last name that is recognized by Paulding's finest. Best to diffuse the situation, don't you agree??

This is absolute crap, give me something better than being arrested for something that turned out to be nothing. :lol:

Now you're reaching. It's not even apples to oranges more like bananas to lemons. :lol: Being arrested is a serious matter if you are convicted of a crime.

Sometimes police officers do things to keep a situation from escalating beyond the current situation. It also helps when you have a last name that is recognized by Paulding's finest. Best to diffuse the situation, don't you agree??

This is absolute crap, give me something better than being arrested for something that turned out to be nothing. :lol:

Okay. You win.

Look lately the republican party has failed to have a good canidate,one has a husband that was arested and pending trial involving children. Now you have one that was arested for assault with a knife in a domestic issue. Look enough is enough,is there a good canidate in the republican party that isn't in trouble with the law???

Look folks if she would attack her husband what about in the future? Charges drop could mean she had a great attorney and paid big money$$$$$$$. The republican party is riddled with holes right now. They need a recovery period,they need to get there personal lives squared away. If they can't run there own lives then how can we expect to run this state. Or represent our county,look with the ex speaker of the house having his issues aren't we tired of poor politicians.

I am that is why I am for the person and not the party,vote good choice.clapping.gif

Edited by Animal

Look lately the republican party has failed to have a good canidate,one has a husband that was arested and pending trial involving children. Now you have one that was arested for assault with a knife in a domestic issue. Look enough is enough,is there a good canidate in the republican party that isn't in trouble with the law???

Look folks if she would attack her husband what about in the future? Charges drop could mean she had a great attorney and paid big money$$$$$$$. The republican party is riddled with holes right now. They need a recovery period,they need to get there personal lives squared away. If they can't run there own lives then how can we expect to run this state. Or represent our county,look with the ex speaker of the house having his issues aren't we tired of poor politicians.

I am that is why I am for the person and not the party,vote good choice.clapping.gif

I could also mean their was more than one person guilty of assault. Sometimes it's better to just let things go because the end result could be worse than the accusations. ;)

I could also mean their was more than one person guilty of assault. Sometimes it's better to just let things go because the end result could be worse than the accusations. ;)

I wonder what your response will be when the next one hit's?

I wonder what your response will be when the next one hit's?

Look, I have no problem with facts, I have problems with innuendo and exaggerating to make something more than it is. If you've got something else, please back it up with actual facts not just speculation, that's all I ask.

So I keep reading that her arrest for domestic violence shouldn't matter because charges were dropped. I guess my question is who dropped the charges? Did this actually go to court and the judge dismissed the charge? Did the DA drop the charge due to lack of evidence? Did her ex-husband drop the charges?

If the latter, which I find likely to be the case, I would hardly call the lack of a conviction any sort of indication of innocence. More like a couple has a pending divorce with finances, kids, etc. involved and holding an arrest for domestic violence over one's head can, I imagine, serve as one hell of a bargaining chip.

I hate to speculate, but think it's important to differentiate between her ex dropping the charges and a DA dropping charges.

mrnn

Look, I have no problem with facts, I have problems with innuendo and exaggerating to make something more than it is. If you've got something else, please back it up with actual facts not just speculation, that's all I ask.

Mug shot, police report,BOE minutes, Voting record,What else do you need??

Interesting discussion.

First, DUI offenses, even years ago, are often cited in political races with nary a person saying, that's unfair. Certainly a current DUI is taken more seriously than one that occurred decades ago when the person was 21 and in college.

With a traffic infraction, the issue is lack of respect for others is diffuse to the degree that it is fair to who is being hurt by traveling, say 80 on a 65 mph on a road alone with no traffic? Still, we all know that speed kills and if a car running at 80 were to leave the road it may well be catapulted into a house a hundred feet or more from the road. It is the increased risk of speed and the resulting increased risk you may injure another that is behind the sanctions for speeding.

Parking in a handicap space, double parking or parking in a way to take up two spaces is also sanctioned by society in law because it does show lack of respect for the rights of others. The victims in these cases are chosen by happenstance and in most cases the injury is unintended.

Still, the issue here is respect for others and that is a character issue. Those who put the rights and interests of others before themselves and abide by the laws to a fault are generally considered selfless.

Those who feel they are special and entitled to park where they wish, drive as fast as they wish or even drive after having a few too many are demonstrably selfish.

So, in this context look at the public record of Mrs. Braddock. Start with late campaign disclosure filings and potential filing errors. Consider the school board meetings in which Ms. Braddock arrived late or left early or failed to appear at all. The consider the bankruptcy, the divorce and now the assault arrest.

And that is what this topic is about - a single simple domestic assault arrest seven years ago.

Simple assault is, in terms of character, similar to speeding, parking weird or even DUI except the disrespect it shows is directed specifically at another. Punching someone or pinching them or whacking off a lock of hair or clawing them is saying that your needs count more than the victims. Committing assault is saying "Me, me, I'm the important one and you; you are just a punching bag."

Folks have pointed out this domestic was in the context of a nasty divorce. That may be mitigating.

Greater crimes are 'greater' because the lack of respect shown your fellow man is greater.

For instance bankruptcy is a civil matter. Sure it is frowned upon because of the disrespect it shows for others money. But it is not a criminal matter because there is a certain innocence to bankruptcy that separates it from robbery, theft or fraud.

As voters, it is our task to determine if the public history of a person - a person seeking a position of public trust - informs us as to their character. What a consistent record of infractions may tell us is that the person is simply selfish and self-centered.

Most folks hope the representatives they elect will exhibit selfless dedication to the public interest. We do well when we find these folks and elect them to positions of leadership.

I can tell by the discussions in this topic that a growing number feel that Mrs. Braddock's record points to selfishness, not selflessness.

The one thing I can say at this point is this race is not about partisan politics, it is about character.

pubby

Where have you been? Yeah, priceless, right?

There was a topic on here a couple of years ago about what her name really is and why was she using Rakestraw.

I think most of us know why she uses Rakestraw.

And yeah, I think she started using it when she became involved in politics. But, I could be wrong :rofl:

So what is her real name?

OK, now we've moved on to Sorority Sisters stuff, you got me. :drinks:

A felony is Sorority Sisters stuff? Don't know where you went to school but a felony is a serious crime. Insurance Fraud is punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

Now why would someone that is supposed to be a "Millionaire Next Door" try to beat her insurance company out of a lousy $1,500? Is there a cure for greed?

Her poor children. I hope they don't see all this. I hope Ms. Rakestraw-Braddock told them how nasty all this was going to get. She should know that every piece of trash she has thrown out would be picked through. I already voted for Will Avery, but it wasn't because of the stuff I read here, it's because he's the better candidate. She should never have run for public office --- if you can't stand the heat, stay off the stove. JMO I would like to hear what she has to say. I now know why she didn't want to debate.

A felony is Sorority Sisters stuff? Don't know where you went to school but a felony is a serious crime. Insurance Fraud is punishable by up to 5 years in prison.

Now why would someone that is supposed to be a "Millionaire Next Door" try to beat her insurance company out of a lousy $1,500? Is there a cure for greed?

Exactly, why would someone like Paulette risk this for under $1500.00?? I think there may be more to this story than is being told here. ;)

Well seeing that she does not have a conviction on the info presented, she must not have been guilty. So, apparently she must have been law abiding if there is no charges. That is how it works, true?

That is not always the case.

Ah, but it does now.

Yet another Republican candidate with an arrest record and you guys are making excuses for her? Is this REALLY the best you can do?

I am just thankful that we have a good, honest candidate (that has no arrest record) wanting to represent the good, honest people of District 19.

I'll be voting for Will Avery, please feel free to join me.

I am a Republican, I voted early and I did NOT vote for her...

Exactly, why would someone like Paulette risk this for under $1500.00?? I think there may be more to this story than is being told here. ;)

If there is it probably won't be helpful to Paulette's case.

To be honest, I feel sorry for her. I have to believe that she thought she could slip into office and none of her past would ever come into play. But this ain't the Paulding BOE, this is a state office. You had better be clean and you had better be forthright or you'll wind up looking like a fool.

I wish Paulette the best in life. I just don't want her anywhere near my business.

I am a Republican, I voted early and I did NOT vote for her...

I too am a Republican. I think it is time that those of us that are decent, hard working people take back the Republican Party of Paulding County and throw the scoundrels that are running it now out on their heads.

When this election is over we need to start a movement.

BTW, Thank You for not voting for Paulette.

Here's my dilemma - I'm a republican and I have no one to vote for in this race. I clearly stated that I would not vote for Braddock in the primary and I didn't. And, I cannot in good conscience do so now. While there are those that have met her and were impressed and/or satisfied with her responses, I've met her and I wasn't impressed or convinced that she is a good choice for our state representative. She came across to be as being very self-centered, lacking a clear direction, and merely looking for a way to gain her "15 minutes of fame."

Now, flip it over to Avery - a young, inexperienced democrat. He has all sorts of tax and spend (or spend and then tax) plans for us. I'm tired of that and quite frankly, I'm not willing to risk having another Obama/Pelosi minion in government.

I want a candidate that can CLEARLY and EMPHATICALLY not vote to spend more money that our state doesn't have. I want a candidate who will stand up and simply say "NO, WE CAN'T AFFORD IT." It doesn't matter how wonderful the program or how much help it will provide to a needed group, if we don't have the money, don't spend it. No more robbing Peter to pay Paul or implementing a program and then creating a new tax to cover the cost.

I want a candidate that will take our budget, cut out the pork, and use my money wisely. So, who will get my write-in vote???

Edited by LisaC
  • Like 2

Here's my dilemma - I'm a republican and I have no one to vote for in this race. I clearly stated that I would not vote for Braddock in the primary and I didn't. And, I cannot in good conscience do so now. While there are those that have met her and were impressed and/or satisfied with her responses, I've met her and I wasn't impressed or convinced that she is a good choice for our state representative. She came across to be as being very self-centered, lacking a clear direction, and merely looking for a way to gain her "15 minutes of fame."

Now, flip it over to Avery - a young, inexperienced democrat. He has all sorts of tax and spend (or spend and then tax) plans for us. I'm tired of that and quite frankly, I'm not willing to risk having another Obama/Pelosi minion in government.

I want a candidate that can CLEARLY and EMPHATICALLY not vote to spend more money that our state doesn't have. I want a candidate who will stand up and simply say "NO, WE CAN'T AFFORD IT." It doesn't matter how wonderful the program or how much help it will provide to a needed group, if we don't have the money, don't spend it. No more robbing Peter to pay Paul or implementing a program and then creating a new tax to cover the cost.

I want a candidate that will take our budget, cut out the pork, and use my money wisely. So, who will get my write-in vote???

Will is far from being an Obama / Pelosi minion. You should give him a call and have a face to face with him.

I'll give you young and inexperienced, but I prefer that over experienced and corrupt. And that's what we had for the last few years.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I think Mickey Mouse would be better than the choices we have.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: I think Mickey Mouse would be better than the choices we have.

Funny you should say that. I wrote in Daffy Duck when Glenn Richardson was the only name on the ballot. Turns out Woody Woodpecker was elected. :blink:

I would take Will over Paulette even before I knew she was a felon.

Look add up her track record if you will for me

While on the school board voted for tax increase and missed many meetings,was defeated after her poor showing.

Her business went bankrupt.

Her divorve from a fine citizen named Rakestraw.

Domestic violence involving slash and dice with a knife against her husband.

Charged with insurance fraud.

Can anyone help me if I left anything out,there is more to follow I fear.

This poor represenative of our area is the best we have?

Let's get a petition going to ask her to please give up her run for office. It's the right thing to do Paulette,step down now as soon as you get back from your cruise.mad.gif

Look add up her track record if you will for me

While on the school board voted for tax increase and missed many meetings,was defeated after her poor showing.

Her business went bankrupt.

Her divorve from a fine citizen named Rakestraw.

Domestic violence involving slash and dice with a knife against her husband.

Charged with insurance fraud.

Can anyone help me if I left anything out,there is more to follow I fear.

This poor represenative of our area is the best we have?

Let's get a petition going to ask her to please give up her run for office. It's the right thing to do Paulette,step down now as soon as you get back from your cruise.mad.gif

I'm hearing that there's more stones yet unturned through the proverbial grapevines.

But might we add that she has yet to propose viable solutions, but instead relies on a letter next to her name and empty rhetoric? Not to mention the fact that she refuses to publicly debate or even talk with her opponent (as I understand it, there is currently a debate going on, however Paulette could not attend because she is on vacation just as Paulding still copes with 12% unemployment).

For those of you who have not yet talked to Will, please do so. As qualified as Mickey is, perhaps we should use this opportunity to elect someone with character and vision.

There are some missing posters today. I hope the latest news hasn't embarrassed them to the point that they too took their toys and went to play in another sandbox.

Speaking of other sandboxes. The local GOP ran website is filtering posts that mention the latest Paulette news. And I was thinking when they all stuck out their lips and left it was because of Pubby's "unfair censoring". Typical behavior.