Paulding.com

No freakin comment Paulette?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet another Republican candidate with an arrest record and you guys are making excuses for her? Is this REALLY the best you can do?   I am just thankful that we have a good, honest candidate (that

In the gubernatorial race, I can understand, to an extent, those who just refuse to vote for Roy Barnes and, because of that, are willing to hold their noses and vote for a a terrible candidate in Nat

Madea: The anonymous Dustin is not anonymous... its David aUSTIN. He's a Democrat who ran as a Republican to get elected as Commissioner in Paulding Co.,and he and his "good old boy" network are worki

Makes me wonder if she always uses the name or if it's just started during this campaign...like if her tax returns say Rakestraw on them?

mrnn

I wouldn't know about her tax returns but she has used it in all her political campaigns. I don't know many (if any other) divorced women who publically keep their ex-husbands name, even if they have children.

I wouldn't know about her tax returns but she has used it in all her political campaigns. I don't know many (if any other) divorced women who publically keep their ex-husbands name, even if they have children.

I have had quite a few students whose moms have kept the ex's name.

Bigger government, spend and tax. Three things I am totally against. BTW, I'm using past and present personal experience from the party.

You know what? You must REALLY know what you are talking about because after 8 years of W and 8 years of Sonny Perdue the federal and state governments have shrunk to the point where you hardly know they exist! :blink:

Whoa...so the Rakestraw name on her signs is from her ex-husband? The one she beat the sh*t out of? That's solid gold.

mrnn

Where have you been? Yeah, priceless, right?

There was a topic on here a couple of years ago about what her name really is and why was she using Rakestraw.

I think most of us know why she uses Rakestraw.

And yeah, I think she started using it when she became involved in politics. But, I could be wrong :rofl:

My Mother kept my Father's last name for 20 years after the divorce... :)

Why the surprise? I mean, aren't some of these same people planning to vote for Nathan Deal?

And most of Will Avery's supporters also voted for Obama... what is your point ???

You know what? You must REALLY know what you are talking about because after 8 years of W and 8 years of Sonny Perdue the federal and state governments have shrunk to the point where you hardly know they exist! :blink:

Bush isn't president anymore and Sonny isn't in this race. ;)

As I said, if is see a Republican that wants bigger government and spends, spends, spends there are other options only it won't be dem. Anybody that supports 0bama will not get the little touch pen by their name from me. ;)

My Mother kept my Father's last name for 20 years after the divorce... :)

After she was re-married? :blink:

And most of Will Avery's supporters also voted for Obama... what is your point ???

Of all the ridiculous statements I have seen you post, this one might take the cake. This is all you can come up with? Absolute Looney Tunes.

Even if ALL of Will's supporters voted for Obama, the last time I checked voting for Obama was LEGAL! Attacking your spouse with a pair of scissors is not. ;)

• Like 2

Bush isn't president anymore and Sonny isn't in this race. ;)

As I said, if is see a Republican that wants bigger government and spends, spends, spends there are other options only it won't be dem. Anybody that supports 0bama will not get the little touch pen by their name from me. ;)

Is this SUPPOSED to not make any sense?

You are avoiding my statement. Did you notice a large decrease in government after 8 years of Bush and 8 years of Sonny? Hell no you didn't. So that means both the Pubs and the Dems grow government.

Stop with the BS. If you have facts, put them up there. If all you have is what you hear on Boortz and Hanity, I'd rather hear it from Boortz and Hanity.

And you don't see a problem with someone with an arrest record holding public office?

• Like 1

Where have you been? Yeah, priceless, right?

There was a topic on here a couple of years ago about what her name really is and why was she using Rakestraw.

I think most of us know why she uses Rakestraw.

And yeah, I think she started using it when she became involved in politics. But, I could be wrong :rofl:

?? I have no clue.

Of all the ridiculous statements I have seen you post, this one might take the cake. This is all you can come up with? Absolute Looney Tunes.

Even if ALL of Will's supporters voted for Obama, the last time I checked voting for Obama was LEGAL! Attacking your spouse with a pair of scissors is not. ;)

Can I ask where you obtained your information? Not saying it is wrong just asking where did it come from? When was this? What exactly happened? I really do not know.

In the gubernatorial race, I can understand, to an extent, those who just refuse to vote for Roy Barnes and, because of that, are willing to hold their noses and vote for a a terrible candidate in Nathan Deal. But looking at the 19th race, I just don't have any idea how a terrible candidate can still have support when the democrat candidate is not only squeaky clean but a very much centrist/moderate opponent. You'd think Paulette was running against Karl Marx himself with the way that her supporters stay behind her regardless of what she does wrong or how badly she bungles this campaign.

I hate that politics have gotten to this point....where partisanship is so strong that we no longer judge a candidate by his/her record or positions but rather on the party.

mrnn

Well said MRNN.

As a MIDDLE NAME? She changed her name to Braddock when she remarried, but also changed her middle name to Rakestraw? That's just bizarre. Who do you know that has done that? A lot of divorced women keep their married last name because it is their LEGAL NAME, and changing it is a major pain in the butt once you have a financial life established.

I had an old girlfriend whose mother called herself "Mrs. Doctor McMillan". Paulette's name gambit reminds me of that. Trading on the reputation of her husband. It's sad when you think about it.

Here is the link. The info came from the Paulding County Clerk of Courts or S/O.

http://gapolitico.com/?p=15240

I appreciate the link. She cut his hair while he was asleep, correct? She did not attack him with scissors, right? (How you had worded it, it sounded like she actually went running after him with scissors.) Just trying to understand here. The scratch was obtained by her husband as she was trying to get her phone? Charges were dropped and this occurred during a divorce 7 and a half years ago?

As a MIDDLE NAME? She changed her name to Braddock when she remarried, but also changed her middle name to Rakestraw? That's just bizarre. Who do you know that has done that? A lot of divorced women keep their married last name because it is their LEGAL NAME, and changing it is a major pain in the butt once you have a financial life established.

My mom still uses my father's (her ex) last name as her middle name. Always has. Mostly she just uses the initial now that we are all grown but it is her legal name. She has been remarried for 42 years. ;)

Actually I have 4 on my FB page. :pardon: You act like it is not normal. I don't have a large group of FB friends and found that many. I am not going to name names, but really what do you find so odd about it?

I appreciate the link. She cut his hair while he was asleep, correct? She did not attack him with scissors, right? (How you had worded it, it sounded like she actually went running after him with scissors.) Just trying to understand here. The scratch was obtained by her husband as she was trying to get her phone? Charges were dropped and this occurred during a divorce 7 and a half years ago?

Just so you know, cutting someone's hair against their will IS AN ATTACK. It is technically assault.

Probably doesn't matter to you anyway. You would vote for her even if she had an actual criminal record. Right?

Actually I have 4 on my FB page. :pardon: You act like it is not normal. I don't have a large group of FB friends and found that many. I am not going to name names, but really what do you find so odd about it?

I'm dumbfounded as to why somebody would want to do that.

Just so you know, cutting someone's hair against their will IS AN ATTACK. It is technically assault.

Probably doesn't matter to you anyway. You would vote for her even if she had an actual criminal record. Right?

Are you talking out your backside or what? You do not know me and I vote for the BEST candidate. It does seem I defend many republicans on here because some of you are so NASTY about them and their lives. It is ridiculous and childish and very off putting to those of us that just want actual facts, not smears, innuendo, presumptions or pieces of facts made to look as if the world is ending. :wacko:

Are you talking out your backside or what? You do not know me and I vote for the BEST candidate. It does seem I defend many republicans on here because some of you are so NASTY about them and their lives. It is ridiculous and childish and very off putting to those of us that just want actual facts, not smears, innuendo, presumptions or pieces of facts made to look as if the world is ending. :wacko:

:wub::good:

But what if the world really is ending? :ninja: Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean the ba$tards aren't out to getcha'. <jk> I know what you mean.

I don't know *exactly* what happened, and frankly most of us do not. According to the police report, she took a "gash" out of his hair, which is technically assault. The charges were apparently dropped for one reason or another, why exactly I doubt many of us are sure.

However the point stands that it was an arrest, and it is on the record of a person who wants our vote. If that sort of thing doesn't matter to you, that's okay, it doesn't have to. As much as I think it should, it's your vote. But, at the moment, all we have to work from is that police report, so I guess that's what we'll talk through, from both sides of the argument.

I'm certain there are no NASTY attacks towards Democrats or Obama on here.

• Like 1

By best do you mean the candidate that abides by the laws? :huh:

I'm certain there are no NASTY attacks towards Democrats or Obama on here.

Actually I have not seen any local NASTY attacks towards any Democrats or Independents. I just feel that our community should not attack one of its own willing to do something that most of us are not willing to do. :pardon:

By best do you mean the candidate that abides by the laws? :huh:

Well seeing that she does not have a conviction on the info presented, she must not have been guilty. So, apparently she must have been law abiding if there is no charges. That is how it works, true?

So I am still looking at the good and bad on both. (Politically not personally, I really do not like all the personal stuff. Let Paulette and Will have a life, I am looking at what they can or can not do if elected. Who they would work with and whose promises match up to what I want from my representative)

Actually I have not seen any local NASTY attacks towards any Democrats or Independents. I just feel that our community should not attack one of its own willing to do something that most of us are not willing to do. :pardon:

No offense Bella, but all the Pubs have on Will is that he is a Democrat. And I think they are running the buzzards off of that dead horse now.

No offense Bella, but all the Pubs have on Will is that he is a Democrat. And I think they are running the buzzards off of that dead horse now.

Feelip I hope nothing comes out on him and if something suddenly does everyone leaves it alone. The nastiness locally is so off putting.

Well seeing that she does not have a conviction on the info presented, she must not have been guilty. So, apparently she must have been law abiding if there is no charges. That is how it works, true?

So I am still looking at the good and bad on both. (Politically not personally, I really do not like all the personal stuff. Let Paulette and Will have a life, I am looking at what they can or can not do if elected. Who they would work with and whose promises match up to what I want from my representative)

And my contention is that if they can't manage their personal lives they have no business representing me. ;)

And my contention is that if they can't manage their personal lives they have no business representing me. ;)

So if something comes out about Will (I know nothing, just saying) you will change your mind about him? Even if it was something that happened almost 8 years ago and nothing really came out of it?

I don't know *exactly* what happened, and frankly most of us do not. According to the police report, she took a "gash" out of his hair, which is technically assault. The charges were apparently dropped for one reason or another, why exactly I doubt many of us are sure.

However the point stands that it was an arrest, and it is on the record of a person who wants our vote. If that sort of thing doesn't matter to you, that's okay, it doesn't have to. As much as I think it should, it's your vote. But, at the moment, all we have to work from is that police report, so I guess that's what we'll talk through, from both sides of the argument.

If you get a speeding ticket technically you are under arrest, you are charged with a crime. If the officer wanted to he could haul you in to jail. Since the charges were dropped, I see no reason to even bring this up. I wonder, has Will ever received a moving violation?? Should we not vote for him if he has??

This is absolutely ridiculous and nothing short of High School stuff. :wacko:

• Like 1

If you get a speeding ticket technically you are under arrest, you are charged with a crime. If the officer wanted to he could haul you in to jail. Since the charges were dropped, I see no reason to even bring this up. I wonder, has Will ever received a moving violation?? Should we not vote for him if he has??

This is absolutely ridiculous and nothing short of High School stuff. :wacko:

I am not sure if Will has ever gotten a moving violation, but you are comparing apples and oranges. Millions of people get a moving violation--a non-violent offense, mind you. We are talking about the accusation (and arrest) on a violent crime in this particular case.

naturegirl-- this may not matter to you as a voter, and that's just fine. Obviously it matters to others. Information is out there, so use it or don't. It's your vote.

So if something comes out about Will (I know nothing, just saying) you will change your mind about him? Even if it was something that happened almost 8 years ago and nothing really came out of it?

I've said it before that I'm friendly with Will. If I found out that he was arrested for a violent crime, though, I would have a damn hard time ever voting for him.

I am not sure if Will has ever gotten a moving violation, but you are comparing apples and oranges. Millions of people get a moving violation--a non-violent offense, mind you. We are talking about the accusation (and arrest) on a violent crime in this particular case.

naturegirl-- this may not matter to you as a voter, and that's just fine. Obviously it matters to others. Information is out there, so use it or don't. It's your vote.

The charges were dropped for goodness sake. There is no criminal activity here, move on now. As I said, High School stuff. Jeez!!!

The charges were dropped for goodness sake. There is no criminal activity here, move on now. As I said, High School stuff. Jeez!!!

What if the charges are not dropped? Let's assume she is arrested and is found guilty for a felony. Would that change your mind in any way at all? I'm being dead serious because I honestly don't think it would.