Paulding.com

No freakin comment Paulette?

Yet another Republican candidate with an arrest record and you guys are making excuses for her? Is this REALLY the best you can do?

I am just thankful that we have a good, honest candidate (that has no arrest record) wanting to represent the good, honest people of District 19.

I'll be voting for Will Avery, please feel free to join me.

• Like 2
  • Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yet another Republican candidate with an arrest record and you guys are making excuses for her? Is this REALLY the best you can do?   I am just thankful that we have a good, honest candidate (that

In the gubernatorial race, I can understand, to an extent, those who just refuse to vote for Roy Barnes and, because of that, are willing to hold their noses and vote for a a terrible candidate in Nat

Madea: The anonymous Dustin is not anonymous... its David aUSTIN. He's a Democrat who ran as a Republican to get elected as Commissioner in Paulding Co.,and he and his "good old boy" network are worki

It is obvious the Georgia Republicans cannot vett a candidate.

Her attendance record on the Paulding BOE speaks for itself. 43 missed meetings in 8 years.

I believe her replacement on the BOE, who soundly beat Paulette 2 years ago has yet to miss a meeting. Stay focused Kim Cobb, you are, and have been one of the best BOE members ever elected.

Paulette's voting record, 8 out of 8 tax increases along with 2 bond referendum approvals speaks for itself and denies her "Tea Party Conservative" stance. * years was enough to tell us what she supports. Rhetoric now saying otherwise is irrelevant.

Paulette's Paulding arrest record with husband #2 speaks volumes [Yes, divorces can be nasty but you don't cut him]. Come on now, you guys are going to keep defending her ?

The older bankruptcy stuff will resurface, along with side bars as well.

She is the annointed one from King Jerry along with the "Americans for Prosperity", a grass roots Tea Party Organization that apparently does not pay any attention to how their chosen candidates have voted in the past. 8 out of 8 tax increases is not a conservative no matter how you want to cut and dice it. She is a tax and spend candidate. And she approved building the BOE offices, the school gyms, theaters, etc., in front of class rooms.

Tea Party my ass.

The State GOP is obviously in a mess. Deal; et al.

The Paulding GOP is worse. Paulette is not a viable candidate, but the local GOP is working their hinies off to get her elected.

Time to toss partisan politics aside in this race. Please study the candidate, and not the party. Paulding's future will be based on how you, the voter, votes.

What exactly would you like her to say? The only person she's denied comment to was Pubby.

Where are all those rude, loud mouthed Republicans that were on here before the Primary?

:rofl:

Tired of listening to the rude, loud mouthed democrats. pardon.gif

• Like 2

What exactly would you like her to say? The only person she's denied comment to was Pubby.

Tired of listening to the rude, loud mouthed democrats. pardon.gif

My God Madea! The lady has been arrested. Just because charges were dropped doesn't erase the fact that she was arrested. Willl you people vote for anything? More white trash that needs to be kicked to the curb.

My God Madea! The lady has been arrested. Just because charges were dropped doesn't erase the fact that she was arrested. Willl you people vote for anything? More white trash that needs to be kicked to the curb.

By the way, she will not debate, she will not answer questions from her potential constituents, she thinks she is going to back into this position. I think that Will Avery is working circles around her.

I want a good, honest, hardworking person with morals and ethics and Paulette can't meet even one of the criteria.

You didn't answer. What could she possibly say that would appease you? Truth be known, nothing. Absolutely, nothing. You will continue your tirade until November 3rd. So, I say, why should she risk hurting innocent people in an attempt to satisfy those who can't be satisfied?

So, she was arrested. Has she been convicted yet?

Last time I checked, this country was about "innocent until PROVEN guilty."

Not the other way around.

Fact is both republicans and democrats suck.

There are some good and bad on each side, but most of them are in it for nothing but personal gain.

When are people going to wake up and start looking at the libertarian party,

who's goal is LESS government in our lives. Only the basic essentials that our founding

fathers wanted government to have. As long as Republicans and Democrats keep getting elected

nothing is going to change. My personal opinion is that about 95% of the people who vote either way

have no clue as to what their party actually stands for... if they did, they probably wouldn't be with them.

Edited by Nitro
  • Like 3

By the way, she will not debate, she will not answer questions from her potential constituents, she thinks she is going to back into this position. I think that Will Avery is working circles around her.

I want a good, honest, hardworking person with morals and ethics and Paulette can't meet even one of the criteria.

Where were you during all prior appearances and debates? She answers all of my questions. Have you called her? She's knocked personally on the majority of the doors in our district (which I believe was criticized until someone posted Will was out doing that too). Again, you just clearly have an axe to grind and won't be pleased.

• Like 2

I don't normally join in the fray of political idiocy, but the pooflinging going on in this thread is just too much to it go without a comment.

Being arrested does not a criminal make. Plain and simple.

Disclaimer: I'm not voting for Rakestraw... this is no defense of her or her party. This is just common freakin' sense.

Edit: ... and why isn't this in the political forum? I don't want to be bothered by political junk when I'm catching up on the news of the county. Mods? Mods? Anyone home?

Edited by VoicesInMyHead
  • Like 1

If she had plead guilty, would you people then say she has a problem? Seriously. If she pleads guilty, would you people say the lady shouldn't be elected?

It was 2003. It didn't go far enough to even require a plea. What part of that is so hard to understand?

If she had plead guilty, would you people then say she has a problem? Seriously. If she pleads guilty, would you people say the lady shouldn't be elected?

Guilty or not she is electible as long as she is a Republican. I'm betting that Paulette could have been found guilty on a crime and these people would still find a reason.

It was 2003. It didn't go far enough to even require a plea. What part of that is so hard to understand?

Charges were dropped. But what if she plead guilty to a crime. Would you still back her?

Charges were dropped. But what if she plead guilty to a crime. Would you still back her?

I would make my decision based upon the circumstances. I can't say yes or no on a hypothetical "crime". The word crime covers a lot of ground.

I would make my decision based upon the circumstances. I can't say yes or no on a hypothetical "crime". The word crime covers a lot of ground.

Let's say it's not hypothetical. :lol:

You are REALLY REALLY going to love this next one. Damn she's dumb.

I don't normally join in the fray of political idiocy, but the pooflinging going on in this thread is just too much to it go without a comment.

Being arrested does not a criminal make. Plain and simple.

Disclaimer: I'm not voting for Rakestraw... this is no defense of her or her party. This is just common freakin' sense.

Edit: ... and why isn't this in the political forum? I don't want to be bothered by political junk when I'm catching up on the news of the county. Mods? Mods? Anyone home?

Get out of my head! I totally agree. It was in 2003, it was a scratch on his arm in the midst of an apparently messy divorce, woooooooo. I'm voting for Will because I think he's a better candidate, and because of her record while on the BOE. Now, if something else really atrocious comes out, I may change my thinking. But this just seems awfully lame to me. I still think her using Rakestraw in her name is just frickin' hilarious, esp. in light of this arrest record.

Let's say it's not hypothetical. :lol:

You are REALLY REALLY going to love this next one. Damn she's dumb.

Will this one be outted on the liberal rag blog by the anonymous Dustin and friends who won't "own" what they write?

• Like 2

Get out of my head! I totally agree. It was in 2003, it was a scratch on his arm in the midst of an apparently messy divorce, woooooooo. I'm voting for Will because I think he's a better candidate, and because of her record while on the BOE. Now, if something else really atrocious comes out, I may change my thinking. But this just seems awfully lame to me. I still think her using Rakestraw in her name is just frickin' hilarious, esp. in light of this arrest record.

They have children that share that name. Not that far-fetched.

Will this one be outted on the liberal rag blog by the anonymous Dustin and friends who won't "own" what they write?

I am pretty sure the first came directly from the Paulding County Sheriff Department. I believe the second will be from a different county.

There's no doubt that Will Avery is a stronger, better candidate than Paulette. But I believe Paulette will win because the Democrats in Washington (Obama, Pelosi, Reid, etc) have hurt the state and local democratic party. I'll be voting for Avery and Barnes too, but I just think Washington has done too much damage to make a difference in this election.

By the way, it's no fun taking a ride to jail in a police car, but that doesn't mean diddly... charges dismissed means the po-po didn't use good judgement in the 1st place.

Disagree

Agree

We just ridded ourselves of one sneaky little excuse for a man that had to be absolutely pinned down and publicly admonished by his own wife before he would step down from office. And now there are people that think it is okay to let YET ANOTHER person with a less than stellar past step in where he left off??? :blink:

Are you people kidding me (I ask again)? You guys really don't see a problem here?

Her attendance record on the Paulding BOE speaks for itself. 43 missed meetings in 8 years.

I believe her replacement on the BOE, who soundly beat Paulette 2 years ago has yet to miss a meeting. Stay focused Kim Cobb, you are, and have been one of the best BOE members ever elected.

Paulette's voting record, 8 out of 8 tax increases along with 2 bond referendum approvals speaks for itself and denies her "Tea Party Conservative" stance. * years was enough to tell us what she supports. Rhetoric now saying otherwise is irrelevant.

Paulette's Paulding arrest record with husband #2 speaks volumes [Yes, divorces can be nasty but you don't cut him]. Come on now, you guys are going to keep defending her ?

She is the annointed one from King Jerry along with the "Americans for Prosperity", a grass roots Tea Party Organization that apparently does not pay any attention to how their chosen candidates have voted in the past. 8 out of 8 tax increases is not a conservative no matter how you want to cut and dice it. She is a tax and spend candidate. And she approved building the BOE offices, the school gyms, theaters, etc., in front of class rooms.

Tea Party my ass.

The Paulding GOP is worse. Paulette is not a viable candidate, but the local GOP is working their hinies off to get her elected.

Time to toss partisan politics aside in this race. Please study the candidate, and not the party. Paulding's future will be based on how you, the voter, votes.

Good post just tell it like it is,wonder how many will take notice.wacko.gif

Reason 453 why you should not run for office in Paulding county.....you are arrested, charges dropped, and still convicted on p.com. :angry2:

Some of you need to get a life. :wacko: Being hell-bent on destroying someone does not make for a good one.

Tea Party my ass.

Did you ever go back and respond to my questioning of her attendance?Yeah I checked one random one and she WAS THERE. It got awful quiet in that thread after I had posted.

• Like 3

Where were you during all prior appearances and debates? She answers all of my questions. Have you called her? She's knocked personally on the majority of the doors in our district (which I believe was criticized until someone posted Will was out doing that too). Again, you just clearly have an axe to grind and won't be pleased.

Hasn't knocked on my door and better not!!!

This might just be the one and only thing that we disagree on!!! :wub:

I wonder why the Avery supporters did not announce his coming out party this week ???

House Democratic Caucus Reception for Will Avery

It appears that Will's bread is buttered by some pretty far left liberals, and obvious

that his shadow campaign is behind these negative smears on that dishonest blog.

(note that there is no link provided to the embarrasing source of this attack...) ;)

If elected he will be olibgated to dance with those folks who brought him to the party,

and by all appearances he is planted firmly in the pocket of some very liberal Democrats.

• Like 1

I wonder why the Avery supporters did not announce his coming out party this week ???

It appears that Will's bread is buttered by some pretty far left liberals, and obvious

that his shadow campaign is behind these negative smears on that dishonest blog.

(note that there is no link provided to the embarrasing source of this attack...) wink.gif

If elected he will be olibgated to dance with those folks who brought him to the party,

and by all appearances he is planted firmly in the pocket of some very liberal Democrats.

Just as Paulette has been supported by the House Republican Caucus (I believe David Ralston did an event for her this week), Will has been supported by the House Democratic Caucus. Is that too hard to believe? Democratic leadership supporting a Democratic candidate? Frankly, it would be much odder if the House Democratic Caucus did not hold an event for Will. I'd also really like to know who these "far left liberals" are, and how exactly "he will be obligated to dance with those folks." As far as I know, and in my many conversations with him, Will thinks for himself.

If we're going to go ahead and start the "association game" once again, shall I bring up Ms. Braddock's associations? Or is that irrelevant, because only SHE will be on the ballot. I seem to remember a thread that clearly stated that Jerry Shearin is not running this year, and I believe that to be true. But if we're going to go ahead and start talking like this, mrshoward, then let's do just that. Everything is back on the table--everything and everyone that a candidate has associated with.

But, and this is just me talking, maybe we should stick to the candidates themselves, their records, their visions, and their solutions.

• Like 3

(note that there is no link provided to the embarrasing source of this attack...) ;)

And considering the location, this wasn't about the locals at all.

So……..A candidate can have arrest records, Miss hundreds of key votes while serving on the School Board, Fail to attend, or be tardy to numerous scheduled board meetings, Agree with every tax increase proposed to the School Board, Have business failures, refuse to debate the issues, Take vacations during the campaign, Spend our tax dollars on gyms, auditoriums and, new facilities for the school board, While the kids go without books and supplies and attempt to learn in a trailer?????

In 2008 the citizens soundly rejected the tax and spend votes made by Paulette while serving on the School Board, And, Paulette was defeated by a landslide, I hope that the citizens remember the issues in that election and vote accordingly in this election.

Citizens, This, is a serious election, This is no time to disgrace House District 19 again, Time to restore respect to Paulding County, Elect Will Avery to House District 19

This might just be the one and only thing that we disagree on!!! :wub:

That's certainly your choice. It's those who prefer to spread lies, innuendo and have no care for who may get damaged in the process that I disagree with.

• Like 1

The Republican Caucus isn't going to throw a party for a Democrat. He needs to raise money to run against anyone in the Good Ole Boy network in this county. I don't blame him a bit for accepting the invitation to do this. Dubose Porter is an honorable man and his supporters helped to arrange this.

Once again I will say that I am a Conservative and I am voting for Will Avery. I plan on voting Republican/Libertarian in every other race, but this one.

Reason 453 why you should not run for office in Paulding county.....you are arrested, charges dropped, and still convicted on p.com. angry.gif

Some of you need to get a life. wacko.gif Being hell-bent on destroying someone does not make for a good one.

Did you ever go back and respond to my questioning of her attendance?Yeah I checked one random one and she WAS THERE. It got awful quiet in that thread after I had posted.

I've checked the records. She missed one hell of a lot of votes and days. Whole months, even. But, I guess in your mind, it's okay for a candidate who sent out mailers viciously attacking her primary opponent for missing votes to be a hypocrite, and miss votes herself?

Obviously, these sorts of things won't serve to convince you of anything, and you will vote for Paulette, that's fine. But I'm still wondering why you are defending her absenteeism by pointing out that surepip (I think that's who wrote the post you referred to) mistakenly included one day (which, as far as I can tell, makes no difference to the point that Will made in the ad). Unless you can come out and prove to us that she never missed a day or a vote, and did not have a storied history of absenteeism, your point is moot, frankly.

As for this point that anyone is "hell bent on destroying someone," I just don't think that's the case. Destroying people is not the name of the game here, y'all.

People are trying to get facts out there. Unquestionable facts. Paulette was arrested in 2003 for domestic violence. Fact. Paulette had a storied history of missing votes and meetings while on the school board. Fact. Paulette voted for 8 tax increases. Fact. Look, if these things are not of consequence to you, that's your opinion. But, at least in my opinion, these things matter to some people. Remember the recent history of this seat? Frankly, I'm not sure we want Chicago-style scandalous politics taking root in Paulding.

And this may just be my humble opinion, but a vote for Paulette just as well solidifies that.

The Republican Caucus isn't going to throw a party for a Democrat. He needs to raise money to run against anyone in the Good Ole Boy network in this county. I don't blame him a bit for accepting the invitation to do this. Dubose Porter is an honorable man and his supporters helped to arrange this.

Once again I will say that I am a Conservative and I am voting for Will Avery. I plan on voting Republican/Libertarian in every other race, but this one.

I voted for DuBose in the Democratic Primary. Good guy.

That's certainly your choice. It's those who prefer to spread lies, innuendo and have no care for who may get damaged in the process that I disagree with.

Paulettes record is/will be out there for everyone to see,No lies or innuendo just the facts

I've checked the records. She missed one hell of a lot of votes and days. Whole months, even. But, I guess in your mind, it's okay for a candidate who sent out mailers viciously attacking her primary opponent for missing votes to be a hypocrite, and miss votes herself?

Obviously, these sorts of things won't serve to convince you of anything, and you will vote for Paulette, that's fine. But I'm still wondering why you are defending her absenteeism by pointing out that surepip (I think that's who wrote the post you referred to) mistakenly included one day (which, as far as I can tell, makes no difference to the point that Will made in the ad). Unless you can come out and prove to us that she never missed a day or a vote, and did not have a storied history of absenteeism, your point is moot, frankly.

As for this point that anyone is "hell bent on destroying someone," I just don't think that's the case. Destroying people is not the name of the game here, y'all.

People are trying to get facts out there. Unquestionable facts. Paulette was arrested in 2003 for domestic violence. Fact. Paulette had a storied history of missing votes and meetings while on the school board. Fact. Paulette voted for 8 tax increases. Fact. Look, if these things are not of consequence to you, that's your opinion. But, at least in my opinion, these things matter to some people. Remember the recent history of this seat? Frankly, I'm not sure we want Chicago-style scandalous politics taking root in Paulding.

And this may just be my humble opinion, but a vote for Paulette just as well solidifies that.

FACT: bellaprincess chose one day at random in the list Surepip provided and she was present. How many other days listed were just lies to make a point? The "voting for tax increases" is a twist.

FACT: bellaprincess chose one day at random in the list Surepip provided and she was present.

Some things occur randomly. I invite you to continue looking. According to what I saw, looking through public records myself to double check on the claim, it's all there. As far as I could tell, the reason that occured was because the online list doubly included one day, one saying that nobody was there, and the other one accurate. Surepip probably got confused, just as I did when I took a look. No lies, probably just a misunderstanding because of confusion.

How many other days listed were just lies to make a point? The "voting for tax increases" is a twist.

Hardly. Look up the State of Georgia definition of a tax increase. Did you pay more money? Tax increase. Just like the 88 that the Republicans passed this past session (HB 1080, I think)

BTW, it appears that Will has distanced himself from Paulding.com. Wonder why? Not the place to campaign he thought it might be? Is he off re-working the "ad" to rid it of the lies?

Could it also be that he is busy? Running a campaign and all? I mean I don't know, but really there's only one of us here spreading innuendo. Madea, love ya and all, but you're going around attacking people, and then turning around and doing it yourself. I could care less--free country-- but just wanted to point it out.

And please, again, let me know how the "ad" was full of lies. I don't remember it pointing out any specific days, but just had a bit of a running tally. Someone can fact check it, but Lord knows I don't have the time at the moment. But from what I can tell, it's all legit.

Some things occur randomly. I invite you to continue looking. According to what I saw, looking through public records myself to double check on the claim, it's all there. As far as I could tell, the reason that occured was because the online list doubly included one day, one saying that nobody was there, and the other one accurate. Surepip probably got confused, just as I did when I took a look. No lies, probably just a misunderstanding because of confusion.

I'll decline your invitation. I have a lot of other things I need to be doing. But you never went back into the thread and corrected the confusion, now did you? You, and others, have lost credibility.

Hardly. Look up the State of Georgia definition of a tax increase. Did you pay more money? Tax increase. Just like the 88 that the Republicans passed this past session (HB 1080, I think)

I know the State definition. I still consider it a twist and stretch. I also know the explosive growth that was going on in the county at the time.

Could it also be that he is busy? Running a campaign and all? I mean I don't know, but really there's only one of us here spreading innuendo. Madea, love ya and all, but you're going around attacking people, and then turning around and doing it yourself. I could care less--free country-- but just wanted to point it out.

And please, again, let me know how the "ad" was full of lies. I don't remember it pointing out any specific days, but just had a bit of a running tally. Someone can fact check it, but Lord knows I don't have the time at the moment. But from what I can tell, it's all legit.

Uh, no. I haven't attacked Avery.