Paulding.com

Looking for a park

I was trying to remember where it was exactly but last year someone posted some beautiful pictures of a park in the area. I think it was Sweetwater maybe? There was water, walking trails, gorgeous trees and rocks. I know this weekend there is free admission to all the State parks but for some reason I was thinking this was just a place to go and not an official state park.

I did do a search but came up empty. Well something did come up for Pumpkinvine but that didn't ring a bell.

Either way I'd love to find a place to take the kids on an easy hike today and get some great pictures.

Suggestions and directions would be greatly appreciated. I'd be coming from New Hope.

THANKS!

I was trying to remember where it was exactly but last year someone posted some beautiful pictures of a park in the area. I think it was Sweetwater maybe? There was water, walking trails, gorgeous trees and rocks. I know this weekend there is free admission to all the State parks but for some reason I was thinking this was just a place to go and not an official state park.

I did do a search but came up empty. Well something did come up for Pumpkinvine but that didn't ring a bell.

Either way I'd love to find a place to take the kids on an easy hike today and get some great pictures.

Suggestions and directions would be greatly appreciated. I'd be coming from New Hope.

THANKS!

I have 2 ideas that are not really parks but are beautiful.

1)High shoals waterfall off of Hwy.61 toward Cartersville.

2)The town of Euharlee, there is a lot of history and beauty there. Google.....Covered bridge in Euharlee Georgia.http://roadsidegeorgia.com/site/euharlee_covered_bridge.html

Edited by treasure

I have 2 ideas that are not really parks but are beautiful.

1)High shoals waterfall off of Hwy.61 toward Cartersville.

2)The town of Euharlee, there is a lot of history and beauty there. Google.....Covered bridge in Euharlee Georgia.http://roadsidegeorgia.com/site/euharlee_covered_bridge.html

Great ideas! We have actually done both of these. My daughter had a teacher who collected covered bridges so we looked up where the nearest one is and took some pictures for him. I have been meaning to go back so maybe we will.

Thanks!

Sweetwater Creek Park is what you are thinking of... for next time. :) Its one of our favorite places to go walk, hike, take pictures, fish, picnic... you name it. Last time we were there, my son had an especially great time.... in certain areas, closer to the water, there were tiny baby FROGS everywhere. Here is a link for directions. http://www.gastateparks.org/SweetwaterCreek