Paulding.com

Check you garage door

Check the lock on your garage door if you live in the New Hope area. Teens have been locking doors. If you attempt to open it with an automatic door opener it will damage the door. It happened to us this evening, and I saw another door in the neighborhood in poor condition just yesterday.

Just a heads up!

Dr. Nicole:glare:

If some idiot opens up my garage, the herd of brown recluses will be instant karma enough smile.gif

Thanks for the warning. drinks.gif

LOL!! Same here... last week we had Comcast out, and the tech needed to go in the basement. I showed him the door, and let him know I couldnt guarantee that he wouldn't be attacked by something! blush.gif

hhhhmmmmmm.....makes me wonder. Today I went to open my garage door and thought it was jammed. The door does have issues at times, and I was in no mood to mess with it. After multiple attempts of trying to get it opened from the outside I went in and tried to open it. After a few minutes I realized that the door thing had been turned and locked. I do not lock the garage door ever. I wonder if that was what was done. Thank goodness I do not have a garage door opener....well not installed yet.

Yes, I live near the New Hope area...near East Paulding High School

Edited by jmt&babyg

LOL!! Same here... last week we had Comcast out, and the tech needed to go in the basement. I showed him the door, and let him know I couldnt guarantee that he wouldn't be attacked by something! blush.gif

LOL! Our washer and dryer is in our garage/basement. We have to do everything in a hurry in fear!

hhhhmmmmmm.....makes me wonder. Today I went to open my garage door and thought it was jammed. The door does have issues at times, and I was in no mood to mess with it. After multiple attempts of trying to get it opened from the outside I went in and tried to open it. After a few minutes I realized that the door thing had been turned and locked. I do not lock the garage door ever. I wonder if that was what was done. Thank goodness I do not have a garage door opener....well not installed yet.

Yes, I live near the New Hope area...near East Paulding High School

as a safety precaution... screw it open if you have a garage door opener! ;)

that way you can't lock your self out or pranksters

can't muck with it

as a safety precaution... screw it open if you have a garage door opener! ;)

can't muck with it

Not sure I understand what you are saying. I have a garage door opener, but do not have it installed yet...so I guess I need to know about this little trick.

Oh, Heck no. It does not stop there! Riverwood subdivision in New Hope has in the last week suffered $20,000 dollars in vandalsim by neighborhood kids. They knocked down and destroyed 15 street poles, and ripped off the ornamental brackets that hold the street names. They paintballed the gazebo, shattered the pool tables, and destroyed sections of the fence protecting the pool. Riverwood residents are angry, and making random patrols throughout the night. We are going to catch the little monsters... and god help them when we do.

It would be easy for them to get from one to the other. I live in Autumn Creek so we back up to your entrance on E. Paulding (although our entrance is on Due West). Keeping our eyes peeled. It seems that not many people keep their front lights on @ night either.

mine doesn't have a lock on the outside. :pardon:

I'm not sure if ours does or not.

Oh, Heck no. It does not stop there! Riverwood subdivision in New Hope has in the last week suffered $20,000 dollars in vandalsim by neighborhood kids.

:o :o :o

It would be easy for them to get from one to the other. I live in Autumn Creek so we back up to your entrance on E. Paulding (although our entrance is on Due West). Keeping our eyes peeled. It seems that not many people keep their front lights on @ night either.

We are in Autumn Creek as well, and with all of the things happening in here lately I give everybody walking at night the hairy eyeball.

Oh, Heck no. It does not stop there! Riverwood subdivision in New Hope has in the last week suffered $20,000 dollars in vandalsim by neighborhood kids. They knocked down and destroyed 15 street poles, and ripped off the ornamental brackets that hold the street names. They paintballed the gazebo, shattered the pool tables, and destroyed sections of the fence protecting the pool. Riverwood residents are angry, and making random patrols throughout the night. We are going to catch the little monsters... and god help them when we do.

WOW.........where the heck are the parents???? I hope you catch them soon.

It's embarrassing to admit that if we were to install gates at the entrances....we'd only be keeping them in.

In every case, the drive by last year, the drug busts, the car break ins, the rampant vandalism... They have all been residents or the children of residents.

It's embarrassing to admit that if we were to install gates at the entrances....we'd only be keeping them in.

In every case, the drive by last year, the drug busts, the car break ins, the rampant vandalism... They have all been residents or the children of residents.

..... the apple doesnt fall far from the tree... sometimes i wonder if the parents take them out and train their kids to act this way, or maybe its a special training camp, the kids could all have t shirts that say "dirt bag in training" :rofl:

as a safety precaution... screw it open if you have a garage door opener! wink.gif

can't muck with it

How can you do this?

You also need to check your garage door settings.

They have up force adjustments on them just like they have down force adjustments.

If it damages the door with the lock set, the up force setting is too high and needs adjusting.

Just like going down, if the door meets excess resistance it should stop and return to it's resting

position before it moved.

With that said, most garage door locks are the T-handle types and on the inside there is just a little

spring loaded tab/pin that pops up when an indent in the inside part of the handle turns around.

That locks the doors.

When you put the key in and turn it, you are turning the pin and pulling it down and the spring tension

retracts the bars that go across.

All you need to do to lock the doors open is to put a piece of heavy duty tape (like metal duct tape)

or a zip tie around the assembly to hold the pin down.

When you want to lock it, simply remove the tape/zip tie and it's back to normal.

Edited by Nitro

Another thing to think about for those that do not have openers.

There are only so many lock combinations so there is a very good

chance that your lock # is the same as many other homes if homes

in your subdivision were built around the same time.

Look at your lock # right where you put the key in to open your

doors, there is a small # stamped on there and it is also stamped

on your keys. (unless you had copies made)

If the house up the street has the same lock # their key will open

your doors also.

---------------------------

Make sure you reset your operator code from the default when installing

a new opener or buying a home with operators already installed.

Working in new construction subdivisions for so long, the builders

could open all garage doors with one remote because they kept them set

the same so they & vendors could get in and out easier. (before the homes sold)

Edited by tranquility