Paulding.com

A sweet Looking Old Lady Came to my door.......

And told me she had bone cancer and was begging me for money. I told her I didn't have any but I did tell her I could give her places to go for help. She turned and walked away and got in her new dark blue suv and drove off out of my subdivision as fast as she could. Anybody else have this happen to them? My little kids were with me at the front door and were saying Hi to her and she just ignored them, I was just wondering if she really needed help or if this was a scam? I can't stop thinking about it either way!!

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think posting your experience and telling your friends, family and neighbors. Beyond that, I wouldn't put any effort into it. The thing about a con artist is that they can only con so long in the sa

One problem I have with this woman is the fact that there ARE people who actually need help and when you get burned by a scammer like this, you are MUCH LESS LIKELY to help anybody in the future, at l

I dont think anyone here would mean her any harm, but probably want to give her a piece of their mind about begging for money under false pretenses and acting as if she NEEDS things rather than feed a

Yeah...it sounds like the previous post about the old lady selling flowers at food lion i think. And the same lady that someone gave a few bucks and she walked in the store and bought lottery tickets. Those might actually be the same story. Anyhoo...pretty sure it's her.

Some people have no conscience. Too bad if she ever does get cancer no one will believe her. -_-

And told me she had bone cancer and was begging me for money. I told her I didn't have any but I did tell her I could give her places to go for help. She turned and walked away and got in her new dark blue suv and drove off out of my subdivision as fast as she could. Anybody else have this happen to them? My little kids were with me at the front door and were saying Hi to her and she just ignored them, I was just wondering if she really needed help or if this was a scam? I can't stop thinking about it either way!!

Read THIS You need to call the police the next time you see her doing this.

Read THIS You need to call the police the next time you see her doing this.

I am going to make it my personal mission to follow this woman where ever she goes begging for money and come up and tell the people she is harassing that she is a con artist using their money for lottery. I have several pictures of this woman on my phone as well, Im thinking of having flyers made to post around town telling people to BEWARE!

I am going to make it my personal mission to follow this woman where ever she goes begging for money and come up and tell the people she is harassing that she is a con artist using their money for lottery. I have several pictures of this woman on my phone as well, Im thinking of having flyers made to post around town telling people to BEWARE!

When she is in the store just let the air out of her tires. Ruining her day is way fun. Also, get a license plate on her. Then a PCOM five-oh can run the plate and we will know her name and address for the flyer.

When she is in the store just let the air out of her tires. Ruining her day is way fun. Also, get a license plate on her. Then a PCOM five-oh can run the plate and we will know her name and address for the flyer.

I hope you are kidding about letting the air out of tires; she is old and feeble. I would not think that anyone on pcom is that big of a jerk.

She lives in Paces overlook sd off of scoggins next to hart rd. I can give you her adress if you would like to go by and flatten her tires or even take a ball bat to her just let me know.

Are you serious??????? Why on earth would you be defensive of this woman out begging for money and lying to people????

She lives in Paces overlook sd off of scoggins next to hart rd. I can give you her adress if you would like to go by and flatten her tires or even take a ball bat to her just let me know.

While I will not physically harm her I am TEMPTED to go tell her how broke I am and see if she will lend me some of the money she has conned out of people.

My son works at that food lion. she is a huge problem in that store. He said she actually goes up to him now and flat out asks for money. $10 and $20 bucks. No matter how many times the manager asks her to leave, she comes back. :glare:

Edited by UWGmom2

She ASKS for money. Even if she BEGS for it, she's not putting guns to people's heads and demanding it. You can make it your personal mission if you want to, though it does seems like a lot of time and energy and maybe I just don't have enough of either of those. Just seems like a horrible waste of resources - consider the trees.

Knocking on the door illegal if you're posted in a no soliciting neighborhood, so please do call the police for that illegal act.

She ASKS for money. Even if she BEGS for it, she's not putting guns to people's heads and demanding it. You can make it your personal mission if you want to, though it does seems like a lot of time and energy and maybe I just don't have enough of either of those. Just seems like a horrible waste of resources - consider the trees.

Knocking on the door illegal if you're posted in a no soliciting neighborhood, so please do call the police for that illegal act.

So how would you react had this experience happened to you, or if it happened to you knowing what you know about her now, how would you handle it?

So how would you react had this experience happened to you, or if it happened to you knowing what you know about her now, how would you handle it?

I think posting your experience and telling your friends, family and neighbors. Beyond that, I wouldn't put any effort into it. The thing about a con artist is that they can only con so long in the same place.

As for your experience, I'd chalk it up to your good nature and know that there are bigger people that took notice of your kindness.

• Like 1

This woman lives accross the street from me and has come to my house as well. We politely turn her away. She lives with her son and he is aware she sells these flowers, however, I'd be willing to bet he doesn't know about the point blank begging for money.

I wonder how many times she has swindled money from other elderly people who actually are in need. I dont care much for liars and thieves.

That makes 2 of us.. I can just see my mama feeling sorry for her and helping her... <_>

This is the same lady at Food Lion. She used to come into my store wanting to sell her flowers. Next she just started bumming money and buying lottery tickets. Last week she was kicked out of the Chevron/McDonalds and asked not to come back. I was told the other day that her latest gimmick is door to door begging. I think businesses started running her off, so she decided to try door to door. I can't believe she would have the nerve. It could be so dangerous. I know she has gotten hooked on the lottery tickets. I thought it was her Grandson that she lived with. (that's what she told me) I doubt if he knows how serious it has gotten. Someone needs to intervene before she gets hurt. She knows that everyone feels sorry for the little old lady, and she takes advantage of it.

No kiddin'!!!!! WTH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

This old bag needs to be stopped, I hope she comes to my door. :ninja:

Agreed. I dont care what your age is, if you are a dishonest swindler you dont deserve respect. Its no better than a crackhead or alcoholic asking for money to feed his family....then going to party. I would respect them more if they just said they would like a scratch ticket or alcohol! At least they are honest, and thats important to me.

Agreed. I dont care what your age is, if you are a dishonest swindler you dont deserve respect. Its no better than a crackhead or alcoholic asking for money to feed his family....then going to party. I would respect them more if they just said they would like a scratch ticket or alcohol! At least they are honest, and thats important to me.

Asking for money in a parking lot is one thing, but coming onto private property and knocking on the door is a T-O-T-A-L-L-Y different story.......and lying to buy lottery tickets? Absolutely NO sympathy here.

Are you serious??????? Why on earth would you be defensive of this woman out begging for money and lying to people????

This is the point where I felt like she needed to be defended.....

This is the point where I felt like she needed to be defended.....

No, I was referring to the comment before where he/she was being sarcastic like we were being too harsh in what we were saying, so why not go take a ball bat to her. Thats crazy talk and I would never advocate doing any harm to this woman, but I do want to make people aware of her and what she's doing.

No, I was referring to the comment before where he/she was being sarcastic like we were being too harsh in what we were saying, so why not go take a ball bat to her. Thats crazy talk and I would never advocate doing any harm to this woman, but I do want to make people aware of her and what she's doing.

People should be warned, but after hearing the warning, should make their own decision.

Twice letting air out of tires was mentioned (not by you) or harming her. That's a little extreme, IMO.

People should be warned, but after hearing the warning, should make their own decision.

Twice letting air out of tires was mentioned (not by you) or harming her. That's a little extreme, IMO.

I took those comments as sarcasm to suggest that *everyone else* was taking her actions a little too seriously, not as a legitimate course of action.

As long as the woman is (essentially) panhandling, she may be annoying but doesn't sound threatening. I don't go to the door for everyone who knocks - if more people would adopt this policy, their lives would be a bit calmer. As for those who are solicited in a public parking lot, either ignore her or tell her 'no, thank you' if she tries to sell you something.