Paulding.com

Braddock - Avery Debate

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

We had close to 100 years of Yellow Dog Democrats in the south. Still recovering from the Republican Reconstruction of the South, no one could get elected to anything if they were not a Democrat. And

Now there you go again changing the subject, BTW Bill Clinton is not running for House District 19, Only Will And Paulette.   Do you recall the many times that Paulette voted for a budget that requi

That's not the point of my post at all. I can't vote in this election. The voters did choose their candidate from among 3 Republicans to represent them.   My post is about the fact that some of t

Why do you not just go away. You have NO IDEA what you are talking about AT ALL.... NONE

Sorry you are upset because you have been call on the carpet for running your mouth and being such a jerk.

SOLO have you had your pills today?

Excuse me! the last time I gave fair warning about an issue that was going to break. Then there was plenty of people that said it was just spinn. Well it turned out that one of the canidates that ran for post commissioner has charges filed on her husband clapping.gif so there. Next if you knew so much you would have a better job honey.

Did it come from some of this guy's Lobbist friends? Don't know how much faith I would put in that.

http://gapolitico.com/?p=14643

NJ,

Funny you should pick this particular website and link.

Powell and the Dems have been fussing about Gary Black running for Ag Commissioner while being in charge of the Georgia Agri Business Council for 4 years now. They were raising hell about it in 2006.

Now with Irwin retiring, they are really complaining.

There is no ethics violation, and being president of the Agri Business Council has indeed provided Gary Black with unique insight into the State's Agri Business. I have personnally known Gary for many years through intertaction within the poultry industry and I believe he will make an outstanding Ag Commissioner. Far better than Irwin has been for the past 10+ years.

Was there supposed to be something about Will Avery or Paulette/Galloway in the link ? I could not find anything.

NJ,

Funny you should pick this particular website and link.

Powell and the Dems have been fussing about Gary Black running for Ag Commissioner while being in charge of the Georgia Agri Business Council for 4 years now. They were raising hell about it in 2006.

Now with Irwin retiring, they are really complaining.

There is no ethics violation, and being president of the Agri Business Council has indeed provided Gary Black with unique insight into the State's Agri Business. I have personnally known Gary for many years through intertaction within the poultry industry and I believe he will make an outstanding Ag Commissioner. Far better than Irwin has been for the past 10+ years.

Was there supposed to be something about Will Avery or Paulette/Galloway in the link ? I could not find anything.

No, you are the one posting about your contacts at the Gold Dome and what they are saying to you about Paulette. Just asked if they were part of this group? I actually read a lot of news sites and this appeared on one of those. I voted for him and had no idea this was out there.

To my knowledge she has taken part in 3 events that the Chamber has asked her to be a part of. She made her schedule fit for all three. When they asked her to do this she told them she had to be out of town due to a previous commitment. I have not asked her personally because I am not involved in any way with that campaign. This information I got through a third party so I can't swear to it. I have not spoken to anyone with the Chamber about it either so I don't know what was said except through the third party.

FYI: Mrs Surepip works at the Ag Department and has contact with various folks at the gold dome everyday. She has been there for many years and it is common knowledge she is from Paulding. Virginia Galloway and her Americans for Prosperity group are also well known. So it is not unusual for my wife to get asked about the various goings on within Paulding Politics. Shearin and Galloway have been busy recently lobbying for Paulette.

I don't have contact with or peruse any of the political blogs or sites such as the one you put up, especially any tied directly to either political party.

I sincerely hope Paulette can find the time in her schedule to participate in public forums with Will.

FYI: Mrs Surepip works at the Ag Department and has contact with various folks at the gold dome everyday. She has been there for many years and it is common knowledge she is from Paulding. Virginia Galloway and her Americans for Prosperity group are also well known. So it is not unusual for my wife to get asked about the various goings on within Paulding Politics. Shearin and Galloway have been busy recently lobbying for Paulette.

I don't have contact with or peruse any of the political blogs or sites such as the one you put up, especially any tied directly to either political party.

I sincerely hope Paulette can find the time in her schedule to participate in public forums with Will.

Honestly, who do you expect Shearin and Galloway to "lobby for"? Each are members of the Paulding Republican party? Think they'd go downtown and hawk Will? Wouldn't we be having this same conversation if it were Golden or Stout? And, how much differences does it make downtown? Not a whole lot of Paulding votes coming from there?

• Like 2

Honestly, who do you expect Shearin and Galloway to "lobby for"? Each are members of the Paulding Republican party? Think they'd go downtown and hawk Will? Wouldn't we be having this same conversation if it were Golden or Stout? And, how much differences does it make downtown? Not a whole lot of Paulding votes coming from there?

I would hope that they would care more about the people of District 19 more than the party. Or that they might be decent and informed enough to want the candidate to win who would be a better representative. There are several good decent people who are Republicans and who usually support only republicans who are supporting Will because they know Paulette and they know Will. I'm not sure how open they can be because of how rabid and vengeful the response could become but there are several and again it is because they kow her and they know him.

In short, they want what is best for District 19 and this county instead of what is best for an apparently not well regarded faction of the local Republican party.

And if there were a Republican candidate that they thought was equal to Will Avery, of course these republicans would be supporting the party candidate.

Edited by Well Read

I would hope that they would care more about the people of District 19 more than the party. Or that they might be decent and informed enough to want the candidate to win who would be a better representative. There are several good decent people who are Republicans and who usually support only republicans who are supporting Will because they know Paulette and they know Will. I'm not sure how open they can be because of how rabid and vengeful the response could become but there are several and again it is because they kow her and they know him.

In short, they want what is best for District 19 and this county instead of what is best for an apparently not well regarded faction of the local Republican party.

And if there were a Republican candidate that they thought was equal to Will Avery, of course these republicans would be supporting the party candidate.

Or, ::gasp:: they believe Paulette is the better candidate.

Or, ::gasp:: they believe Paulette is the better candidate.

I haven't found anyone who knows them both that thinks that. Ther are some who have cursory knowledge of him (he's a D!) but little else. Come to think of it, probably some of her supporters know only that she's an R. In a perfect world, the people who vote lockstep would lose their voting rights before reformed felons would.

• Like 1

• Like 1

If they are proud of their choice they should have no problem stating that fact! If indeed that is the true reason they have for supporting him. I get in hot water all of the time for standing up for my beliefs. I have no sympathy for any so called Republican who is supporting Avery and does not stand up for him in public.

I have never got into hot water for stating my beliefs; I have openly supported both Republicans and Democrats in this election cycle and will do so in the future, Depending on who the candidates are.

If Paulette was running as a Democrat and Will was running as a Republican I would still vote for Will because he is the best candidate in the race in my opinion An (D) or a ® Does not describe a person’s morals, Character, nor the platform that they are running on.

I have never got into hot water for stating my beliefs; I have openly supported both Republicans and Democrats in this election cycle and will do so in the future, Depending on who the candidates are.

If Paulette was running as a Democrat and Will was running as a Republican I would still vote for Will because he is the best candidate in the race in my opinion An (D) or a ® Does not describe a person's morals, Character, nor the platform that they are running on.

• Like 1

We had close to 100 years of Yellow Dog Democrats in the south. Still recovering from the Republican Reconstruction of the South, no one could get elected to anything if they were not a Democrat. And it was totally based on lingering memories of the Civil War and its aftermath.

So now we have Yellow Dog Republicans doing the same thing today in Paulding County.

Supporting the "R", just because there is no way in hell they will support a "D", even if the "D" is a far superior choice for the district 19 seat.

And this comes after 2 rather piss poor previous "R" holders of that seat up for election. Many of those who will vote for Braddock still think Richardson hung the moon even after learning of his years of lies.

It is a sad and pitiful time that our local politics have reached this level of intolerance that many would knowing elect a candidate who is not qualified for the job, over a candidate who is indeed well qualified for that job, just because of the "R" or "D".

And at the same time, they are tacitly promoting the goals of that same clique who has controlled the local GOP and our politics for the past 15 years. A vote for Braddock will help Shearin, Galloway, and company keep their foot in the door.

one "ray of sunshine" the galloways, etc., supported sibley in january and he lost, and they supported cochran in the primary, and she lost - so their record isn't looking too good and a lot of folks are "sick of them"

Okay, I am being really nice a classy here. Can you tell me what (in your opinion) makes Paulette the better candidate?

in my opinion, she definitely is not the better candidate - i know both of them b- i am an active member of the gop in paulding, and i am going to vote for the candidate, not the party this time - she will never get my vote!!!!

in my opinion, she definitely is not the better candidate - i know both of them b- i am an active member of the gop in paulding, and i am going to vote for the candidate, not the party this time - she will never get my vote!!!!

No Party should require their members to vote a straight Party ticket, sometimes the other party has the best candidate, and is more aligned with the principles that they believe that a candidate should have.

Some folks on this site believe that Paulette is a conservative....Well guess what she is no Conservative, Her voting record while serving on the School Board for eight years was certainly not conservative, you cannot be a conservative and have a voting record like Paulette amassed on the school board.

Will Avery is a breath of fresh air to the political scene here in Paulding County, He has a clean criminal record, Good morals, And is honest and will be a dedicated public servant for all Paulding citizens not just a few who have controlled this county over the past several years.

It is time to return some dignity and honesty to House District 19 and Will Avery is the only person left in this race who can do this

No Party should require their members to vote a straight Party ticket, sometimes the other party has the best candidate, and is more aligned with the principles that they believe that a candidate should have.

Some folks on this site believe that Paulette is a conservative....Well guess what she is no Conservative, Her voting record while serving on the School Board for eight years was certainly not conservative, you cannot be a conservative and have a voting record like Paulette amassed on the school board.

Will Avery is a breath of fresh air to the political scene here in Paulding County, He has a clean criminal record, Good morals, And is honest and will be a dedicated public servant for all Paulding citizens not just a few who have controlled this county over the past several years.

It is time to return some dignity and honesty to House District 19 and Will Avery is the only person left in this race who can do this

• Like 1

They don't require it but they probably do expect it. I think they should have the guts to stand up and say publicly that they support Avery. Will it cause them to have a conflict with other GOP members. I would bet it would. Some might call them RINOs. I would venture to say that if they hold office or plan to run for office on the GOP ticket it will cost them. No doubt about it. That is the way of Political Parties. D and R.

Wow I never knew that the Paulding County Republican Party would retaliate if one of their members voted for or supported a Democrat.

I noticed in your response that you did not comment about Paulette and her not so conservative record Does this classify her as a RHINO, Or is she still considered a Republican faithful Conservative,How about her morals or arrest records, Does this play a role in being a good Conservtive Republican?????

• Like 1

Wow I never knew that the Paulding County Republican Party would retaliate if one of their members voted for or supported a Democrat.

I noticed in your response that you did not comment about Paulette and her not so conservative record Does this classify her as a RHINO, Or is she still considered a Republican faithful Conservative,How about her morals or arrest records, Does this play a role in being a good Conservtive Republican?????

• Like 1

Never said they would retaliate. I said there is a price to pay just as Eric Johnson found after he donated to a Democrat. I think that is true with any choice you make when you go against the majority. You are throwing mud again and I know nothing about your charges. I do expect that you defended Bill Clinton though. Double standard I guess.

Now there you go again changing the subject, BTW Bill Clinton is not running for House District 19, Only Will And Paulette.

Do you recall the many times that Paulette voted for a budget that required a tax increases to meet the budgeT?????? That is the question, No mud slinging only facts supported by School District Munutes Again I ask does this qualify her to be a REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATE???

Or a RHINO????

BTW I heard that Paulette was not too concerned About the General election and has decided to take a two week cruise,And to forego a debate during this time, Is this true????

• Like 2

Now there you go again changing the subject, BTW Bill Clinton is not running for House District 19, Only Will And Paulette.

Do you recall the many times that Paulette voted for a budget that required a tax increases to meet the budgeT?????? That is the question, No mud slinging only facts supported by School District Munutes Again I ask does this qualify her to be a REPUBLICAN CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATE???

Or a RHINO????

BTW I heard that Paulette was not too concerned About the General election and has decided to take a two week cruise,And to forego a debate during this time, Is this true????

Chirp chirp chirp CRICKETS?????????????????

one "ray of sunshine" the galloways, etc., supported sibley in january and he lost, and they supported cochran in the primary, and she lost - so their record isn't looking too good and a lot of folks are "sick of them"

There record of losers is kinda extensive.

They supported Ralph Reed for Lt. Governor and he lost

They supported J.R Rogers for Sheriff and he lost.

They supported Jerry Shearin this past time and he lost.

They supported Theresa Philips way back and she lost,then ran again with out there help and she won.

So I kinda hope they support more of the other side.clapping.gif

• Like 1

Or a RHINO????

Just tired of going against the majority on p.com. and tired of getting the little red negatives. That says to me that I need to stop speaking my opinion here because it is not welcomed. LTD and some others want to vote for Avery because they believe in his message of "change" and that he will make a difference for Paulding. I respect LTD and I want him to vote his conscience but I am not going to keep beating a dead horse on p.com. You guys go vote for Avery and feel good when you cast that vote. I won't vote for him because I will be voting for what I think is best for Paulding to move forward. You will hear "crickets" where I am concerned and you just got my reasons.

Chirp chirp chirp CRICKETS?????????????????

• Like 1

Just tired of going against the majority on p.com. and tired of getting the little red negatives. That says to me that I need to stop speaking my opinion here because it is not welcomed. LTD and some others want to vote for Avery because they believe in his message of "change" and that he will make a difference for Paulding. I respect LTD and I want him to vote his conscience but I am not going to keep beating a dead horse on p.com. You guys go vote for Avery and feel good when you cast that vote. I won't vote for him because I will be voting for what I think is best for Paulding to move forward. You will hear "crickets" where I am concerned and you just got my reasons.

Dang I really thought that you had actually researched Paulette's record and discovered that she was a RINO,And surely is no conservative.Her voting record speaks volumes dosen't it??????

• Like 1

Okay, I am being really nice a classy here. Can you tell me what (in your opinion) makes Paulette the better candidate?

Oh..I know..I know..I know It was her voting record while she was serving on the School Board for eight years, Or it could of been the number of absences/tardy times while serving on the school Board

feelip there are some on here that really adore her Tax and spend record

• Like 1

Ya know people voting for fresh blood is a good thing,just make sure they stay in touch if not vote them out next time. But give them a chance,a newbe is fresh full of energy. It is bad when they have been part of a machine that has broken and needs repair.

People want a change because they realize what they have doesn't work,and doesn't look like it will work. This county needs a strong two party for better choice. That is great for all because it serves as a check and balance. They then both try harder to stay in office. This county is ripe for a two if not multiple party,the days of the republicans dominating this county are numbered. After a primary they sit back and have the general in the bag.

Why heck they can even go on a vacation if they want and have no worry in the world. I believe this race is about choice,just like the tea party. We need a strong republican party, and a strong democrat party. Down the road a nice third party would be great.

This election is about choice,about balance.rolleyes.gif

Or a RHINO????

WHITEY These Paulette supporters do not want to talk facts, They are only concerned with getting Paulette elected.

I hope Paulette debates Mr. Avery.

WHITEY These Paulette supporters do not want to talk facts, They are only concerned with getting Paulette elected.

I hope Paulette debates Mr. Avery.

You've obviously missed the innuendo, name-calling, falsehoods and outright lies posted. I don't think any of the Braddock supporters are willing to engage a certain few on here any longer. I'm certainly not. The election is 7 weeks away, yet they have been screaming debate for a month. Avery went so far as to post a "press release" (which created it's own falsehood).

You've obviously missed the innuendo, name-calling, falsehoods and outright lies posted. I don't think any of the Braddock supporters are willing to engage a certain few on here any longer. I'm certainly not. The election is 7 weeks away, yet they have been screaming debate for a month. Avery went so far as to post a "press release" (which created it's own falsehood).

I did miss what I have bolded,Can you point this out to me?

What falsehood, pray tell?

And I sure don't blame you, Madea. Some fellow supporters act foolishly on here. That's no reason to discount a debate between the actual candidates, though.

But I am very interested to know what lies Will put forth. And, just FYI, I talked to Will, and the press release actually went out to press. There were even two blog posts about it, as well.

You know CV - you're comments throughout this election cycle have been interesting,to say the least.

The language is very much that of some of the folks I know at the Republican Party.

And of course you are aware of the stink caused in February at the end of that election, and those that took issue to the language and postings of folks that disapproved of Mr. Stout winning because of the image of Paulding County that would be portrayed.

Well - at least those folks had the decency to post as themselves in an open environment where you knew who they are. You could go to them and discuss these issues if you wanted. It doesn't take a lot of guts to post here anonymously, calling names, talking negatively about candidates - when in fact you never have to show your true identity.

If you cared at all for improving conditions in Paulding County you would not have posted in the manner that you did on this site. It's as shameful and disgraceful as those comments others made in February.

Perhaps you should work with up and coming leaders to heal and grow the conservative movement, helping to encourage better choices among GOP candidates in the future.... instead of continuing to tear things apart.

• Like 2

You know CV - you're comments throughout this election cycle have been interesting,to say the least.

The language is very much that of some of the folks I know at the Republican Party.

And of course you are aware of the stink caused in February at the end of that election, and those that took issue to the language and postings of folks that disapproved of Mr. Stout winning because of the image of Paulding County that would be portrayed.

Well - at least those folks had the decency to post as themselves in an open environment where you knew who they are. You could go to them and discuss these issues if you wanted. It doesn't take a lot of guts to post here anonymously, calling names, talking negatively about candidates - when in fact you never have to show your true identity.

If you cared at all for improving conditions in Paulding County you would not have posted in the manner that you did on this site. It's as shameful and disgraceful as those comments others made in February.

Perhaps you should work with up and coming leaders to heal and grow the conservative movement, helping to encourage better choices among GOP candidates in the future.... instead of continuing to tear things apart.

Do you think Paulette will portray a good image for Paulding County?

Do you think Paulette will portray a good image for Paulding County?

That's not the point of my post at all. I can't vote in this election.

The voters did choose their candidate from among 3 Republicans to represent them.

My post is about the fact that some of those "old regime" that folks like to talk about were disappointed in Stout winning because Paulding just elected another person to sit in Richardson's seat that also had an affair.

Many folks on here were commenting about how unfortunate the results of the election were as well if I recall.

They felt this was a bad image for the county - electing someone who admitted to an affair.

Concerned voter has been active in Stout's campaign for a while now (I don't hold that against CV by the way)... and was very upset that these other folks openly condemned the election results and the image it portrayed of Paulding.

Now CV is in a masked forum calling names and doing things that CV was upset that those other folks did in on FB and in emails in which they were identifying themselves. I just find it to be cowardly and shameful that CV would act this way.

• Like 2

That's not the point of my post at all. I can't vote in this election.

The voters did choose their candidate from among 3 Republicans to represent them.

My post is about the fact that some of those "old regime" that folks like to talk about were disappointed in Stout winning because Paulding just elected another person to sit in Richardson's seat that also had an affair.

Many folks on here were commenting about how unfortunate the results of the election were as well if I recall.

They felt this was a bad image for the county - electing someone who admitted to an affair.

Concerned voter has been active in Stout's campaign for a while now (I don't hold that against CV by the way)... and was very upset that these other folks openly condemned the election results and the image it portrayed of Paulding.

Now CV is in a masked forum calling names and doing things that CV was upset that those other folks did in on FB and in emails in which they were identifying themselves. I just find it to be cowardly and shameful that CV would act this way.

Wouldn't it be easier if you guys just found a good, conservative candidate that didn't have a closet full of skeletons and wasn't interested in chasing the opposite sex for any reason?

Wouldn't it be easier if you guys just found a good, conservative candidate that didn't have a closet full of skeletons and wasn't interested in chasing the opposite sex for any reason?

And wouldn't it be wonderful if all of those who espoused conservative values joined in that mission?

The most conservative person running for a state office I have found in years is Will Avery.

He wasn't conservative enough to qualify as a Republican though.

Not that it should be that way - but we ALL know that in GA and Paulding that is what you'd expect from a conservative candidate.... Republican, not Democrat.

Not that it should be that way - but we ALL know that in GA and Paulding that is what you'd expect from a conservative candidate.... Republican, not Democrat.

He stated specifically "I am a Democrat". Showing no desire to join the local republican party. That, in my opinion, aligns him more closely with national democratic values. pardon.gif

The Republicans don't have a monopoly on conservatism. I hear the noise coming from the Republicans mouths but their actions sound more like tax and spend, controlling, big business buddy pudders that couldn't care less about me and my family unless it's election time.

And they have so many (especially the religious) fooled into thinking they are the way, the light and the truth.