Paulding.com

World of Warcraft

Anyone out there play WoW?

Gawd not you too.

I have to work with 4 other people who play WoW and that is all they can talk about all night.

They schedule their lives around that freaking game and come into work half asleep because they had to get up in the middle of the day and raid or something.

I do, but I also play EVE and have played Guild Wars, Age of Conan, EQ 2, Tabula Rasa, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard, LOTRO, DDO, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, POTBS, and a few of the freebie asian ones. Its a fun activity my wife and I do as a couple together. I'm working on my 6th 80 right now.

I do, but I also play EVE and have played Guild Wars, Age of Conan, EQ 2, Tabula Rasa, Star Wars Galaxies, Vanguard, LOTRO, DDO, Warhammer, Runes of Magic, POTBS, and a few of the freebie asian ones. Its a fun activity my wife and I do as a couple together. I'm working on my 6th 80 right now.

Sweet a fellow Guild Wars player. Feel free to join WKPS anytime you like.

Still playing. 2 lvl 80's. a pally & a DK... lock's on the way... (the on another server I have a DK at 70.): all Horde. :D

It's cheap, we can stay home, not need a babysitter, and still get to spend time with the dh :wub:

I have a pally, dk and warrior at level 80. The pally and DK have kingslayer in 25 and 10, and the warrior is 11/12 and will get KS this weekend. I have a shammy coming along at 76. My kids have stacks of 80s too and we raid together at night and on the weekends. We are alliance; which on my server means we NEVER get to see VOA. They have a 100 person vent and are well organized. Alliance are rather disorganized, to say the least. The coolest thing is that I can be in Asia and the kids in USA and we can be raiding together and on vent together.

They schedule their lives around that freaking game and come into work half asleep because they had to get up in the middle of the day and raid or something.

That sounds too familiar. :rofl: I was thinking WoW Anonymous would be quite a cottage industry, as people try to break away from playing for sometimes 50 to 100 hours a week.

LOL VOA Is the same on our server. When Alliance wins WG its because it was 3am and no one showed to play but allies.

On the plus side, Ruby Sanctum is the new VOA. LOL

Got a great drop on my DK last night (which is already at 6.2K gearscore) - the 2 hander off Lich King. What a beautiful sword. :good: I immediately took it over to RS-25 to test it out and it's almost as good as Shadowmourne (and at least equally as rare).

LOL VOA Is the same on our server. When Alliance wins WG its because it was 3am and no one showed to play but allies.

That's the reason I play Horde (alea iacta est) on Earthen Ring. I've played both sides and the difference is amazing. Alliance does the same thing every time by trying to capture Sunken Ring, its the only thing they care about. In the meantime, the Horde goes around, destroys the towers and captures everything else while a small group swaps Sunken Ring back and forth. Eventually the Horde just pushes the Alliance back to their graveyard and farms kills till the timer wears off.

That's the reason I play Horde (alea iacta est) on Earthen Ring. I've played both sides and the difference is amazing. Alliance does the same thing every time by trying to capture Sunken Ring, its the only thing they care about. In the meantime, the Horde goes around, destroys the towers and captures everything else while a small group swaps Sunken Ring back and forth. Eventually the Horde just pushes the Alliance back to their graveyard and farms kills till the timer wears off.

Which is my favorite part of WG. I love standing around and killing them as they rez. :D

AM I haven't played Ruby Sanctum yet. I'm a lowly pug and my gear isn't quite there yet. :(

Edited by Póg mo thóin

AM I haven't played Ruby Sanctum yet. I'm a lowly pug and my gear isn't quite there yet. :(

I am in arguably one of the best alliance guilds on a day-one server. We do heroic LK-25 every week over a 2 day period, then run our alts through 10's and 25's the rest of the week. We also down Halion (RS) each week because the drops are BiS. My DK main-toon is 100% BiS non-heroic gear for both the deeps and tank sets and I have been swapping in heroic 277 BiS gear as rolls permit. I am also working on three Shadowmournes; as I have Shadows Edge on a DK, pally, and warrior. When not raiding, I am working a shammy, druid, hunter, and mage. I will probably never finish the hunter; which to me is as exciting as watching paint dry.

Yup, I play Horde :drinks: I play a priest on the Uldaman server. Been playing online games for over 11 years now. Still manage to be a mom and pay my bills ( I know shocking ) lol. Hubby and I play together .. the kids oddly, don't play much at all. They actually got tired of it early on. We usually play for a few hours at night before bed and on the weekends, if life allows.

I am in arguably one of the best alliance guilds on a day-one server. We do heroic LK-25 every week over a 2 day period, then run our alts through 10's and 25's the rest of the week. We also down Halion (RS) each week because the drops are BiS. My DK main-toon is 100% BiS non-heroic gear for both the deeps and tank sets and I have been swapping in heroic 277 BiS gear as rolls permit. I am also working on three Shadowmournes; as I have Shadows Edge on a DK, pally, and warrior. When not raiding, I am working a shammy, druid, hunter, and mage. I will probably never finish the hunter; which to me is as exciting as watching paint dry.

Our guild is ranked 5th on the server. We run ICC heroic 25's on Tues and Wed night. We do 10 man on Thurs and Fri. Sun night is for Ruby Sanctum or if we happen to have VOA.

I did play. Then I realized I was spending more time on WoW than on my coursework and dropped my membership. I miss it. :( I didn't lose HOPE, don't live in my parent's basement, and have never slept in class...but I went from Dean's List to President's List when I moved WoW time to studying time. :pardon:

I did play. Then I realized I was spending more time on WoW than on my coursework and dropped my membership. I miss it. :( I didn't lose HOPE, don't live in my parent's basement, and have never slept in class...but I went from Dean's List to President's List when I moved WoW time to studying time. :pardon:

Understand that. I stopped playing when I was taking online classes. I raid on occasion, and I've been down the road of hardcore/progression raiding in the past. It was fun for a bit, but got to where it became another job I went to in the evenings. I do bounce around games though, so when my wife and I get bored with one we will bounce to another one, play it for a few months then change. Usually it goes in a circle between WOW, Eve and EQ2. I've got a lifetime subscription (now going F2P) to LOTRO and I have some lowbie toons in DDO I play sometimes, along with the occasional fun runs on some of the free/private servers.

I raid on occasion, and I've been down the road of hardcore/progression raiding in the past. It was fun for a bit, but got to where it became another job I went to in the evenings.

My kids and I hardcode raid now. Still some progression happening though we are all between 6/12 and 9/12 on LK25 hard modes and down RS25 each week. I can see how folks get consumed with MMO's. Ton's of human interaction and a lot of fun gaming all at the same time.

I had distractions when I was in University back "in the day". We called it keg parties and cruising in our muscle cars. I suppose WoW is no different than that.

I had distractions when I was in University back "in the day". We called it keg parties and cruising in our muscle cars. I suppose WoW is no different than that.

I'm a good five to seven years older than the 'normal' college student...I don't get to participate in all the fun with the 'younger' crowd. :p

I'm a good five to seven years older than the 'normal' college student...I don't get to participate in all the fun with the 'younger' crowd. :p

Thats what I like about them college girls.....I keep gettin older, and they keep staying the same age......

wooderson.jpg

Now if someone could tell me how to get Freelancer to work in WINE under Ubuntu Lucid ide be an extremely happy camper.

Freelancer WINE Shows gold status for latest WINE. Might have to either compile or add their repo and not wait for Ubuntu to make a latest build.

Ex WoW player here. Started day one and stopped almost a year ago. Too much drama when trying to start raiding. Also played EQ1, DAoC, and unfortunately Star Wars Galaxies (before the revamp)

I do miss it, but not enough to pay for it (running your own private server has advantages at times, but is extremely boring)

Freelancer WINE Shows gold status for latest WINE. Might have to either compile or add their repo and not wait for Ubuntu to make a latest build.

Ex WoW player here. Started day one and stopped almost a year ago. Too much drama when trying to start raiding. Also played EQ1, DAoC, and unfortunately Star Wars Galaxies (before the revamp)

I do miss it, but not enough to pay for it (running your own private server has advantages at times, but is extremely boring)

Hubby and I also did EQ1 for many years. We started playing WoW at launch. I get burnt out and sometimes takes months off at a time. It's funny, you go back after a few months and nothing has changed. People are still fighting the same bosses, and trade chat is still unbearable. It reminds me of soap operas lol. I do enjoy my guild though. They are the only reason I keep playing. We are all parents. We all have jobs and we all have to be in bed before midnight lol. Our guild doesn't allow anyone under the age of 21. We aren't a big guild, but we're very effective. and we all get along great. That really for me, is what the game is all about. Chillin out with your friends, killin some mobs and bosses, and getting to bed on time. :good:

Hubby and I also did EQ1 for many years. We started playing WoW at launch. I get burnt out and sometimes takes months off at a time. It's funny, you go back after a few months and nothing has changed. People are still fighting the same bosses, and trade chat is still unbearable. It reminds me of soap operas lol. I do enjoy my guild though. They are the only reason I keep playing. We are all parents. We all have jobs and we all have to be in bed before midnight lol. Our guild doesn't allow anyone under the age of 21. We aren't a big guild, but we're very effective. and we all get along great. That really for me, is what the game is all about. Chillin out with your friends, killin some mobs and bosses, and getting to bed on time. :good:

We started out that way... but as things progressed the natives got restless. I do miss just getting on and chilling while running through an instance, or seeing how far a lvl 1 can make it through Outlands (traditional Naked Cow Race by my guild was the highlight of the year.)