Paulding.com

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See we keep shooting ourselves in the foot,here we have some of the finest canidates. If there not having sex with the wrong person there involved with the wrong people. Then they know there wrong and

Contrary to your assertion, Republicans have been offering a balanced budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution on a regular basis since 1980 when Ronald Reagan became President, largely because of th

You have just proven my point. I don't have to say more on the subject!

Ya know folks,I am still a republican. I just don't like the dark side and what it has done to the local GOP. As long as there present there will be no rest. I am not related to anyone from the dark side,I enjoy helping in elections and when I believe in a canidate I work extra hard. I like the political arena,just some of the players need to be thrown to the lions. Here on P.com are some of the most loyal people you would ever want to meet.

I have enjoyed meeting past rivals,and hope to have long term goals to help win. I think voting for the person instead of the party makes better sense. Come november I will go down the line and vote for the best person. Now how does the governors race looking? I will vote for Nathan Deal on that issue.

Good dayrofl.gif

"The local Nazis are pissing and moaning. They want the power back so bad that they are willing to eat their own."

- Feelip 8/24/2010

What's your point? I know the local GOP, I am one of them. I know they are struggling to maintain a little piece of the pie and they are willing to sacrifice David Austin, Tommie Graham and Todd Pownall to get their one last hope (Paulette) elected.

Anyone that compares Will Avery to Obama does so out of pure ignorance. This is someone that has no idea about where Will stands. They are just making assumptions by pulling opinions out of their rear end.

That was a cheap shot based on pure ignorance.

What's your point? I know the local GOP, I am one of them. I know they are struggling to maintain a little piece of the pie and they are willing to sacrifice David Austin, Tommie Graham and Todd Pownall to get their one last hope (Paulette) elected.

Anyone that compares Will Avery to Obama does so out of pure ignorance. This is someone that has no idea about where Will stands. They are just making assumptions by pulling opinions out of their rear end.

Really? You, Animal, Surepip, Whitey and some others are having a good time painting a lot of folks with the same brush.

Will's own words were "I am a Democrat". I've seen nothing from his platform that indicates that he's any different.

Really? You, Animal, Surepip, Whitey and some others are having a good time painting a lot of folks with the same brush.

Will's own words were "I am a Democrat". I've seen nothing from his platform that indicates that he's any different.

I have seen nothing in Paulette's platform that indicates that she has changed from her tax and spend budget busting ways that she had while serving on the school board, She is still campaigning on being a conservative, But her past record does not support her stance

Madea, Jerry Shearin is going around with Paulette to meet with other political power brokers. He has an obvious vested interest in seeing that Paulette is elected. I'm not doing the painting, I'm just walking through the gallery making observations.

Whitey, et.al....If you would be so kind as to point me to the legislation enacted by the Republican Party of Georgia that led to the global recession, I would certainly like to see it. I believe that the economists around the world would be equally interested.

That was a cheap shot based on pure ignorance.

I have talked to him and I have watched and listened to him speak at 2 forums. I am not taking a cheap shot. This is my opinion and my gut feeling. I think the King of cheap shots might want to rethink his position. I do my homework and I am entitled to my resulting opinion. Call me ignorant if you like I can't stop you.sad.gif

You are not one of the GOP locally or anywhere else. I have been reading your posts for a long time now. I can make any comparison that I think fits and this one does in MY OPINION!! I voted for and supported two of the above mentioned Commissioners and I am very happy about Todd's win. I could not vote in that one. My judgement in your opinion seems to be flawed only when I come to a different conclusion than you do about a candidate.

You are not one of the GOP locally or anywhere else. I have been reading your posts for a long time now. I can make any comparison that I think fits and this one does in MY OPINION!! I voted for and supported two of the above mentioned Commissioners and I am very happy about Todd's win. I could not vote in that one. My judgement in your opinion seems to be flawed only when I come to a different conclusion than you do about a candidate.

NJ, you are absolutely entitled to vote for anyone you please. I have been a card carrying republican for 30 years. My family is made up of nothing but republicans and I have convinced 80% of them that Will Avery is the best person to represent our district.

As for governor, I once thought Roy Barnes would never get my vote (I didn't vote for him in either of the his first two campaigns). If Handel would have won I would be voting for her (even with her Sonny baggage). I can not and will not bring myself to vote for a low life like Nathan Deal. Not all the dirt is out on Deal yet. Once everything comes out I will be surprised if any women vote for him. Roy is not my first choice, but now he is my only choice.

Are you really a Jerry Shearin walking partner? Now that explains your nasty attitude,why didn't you say something. Now I know how sensitive you are,so get over itninja.gif

Are you really a Jerry Shearin walking partner? Now that explains your nasty attitude,why didn't you say something. Now I know how sensitive you are,so get over itninja.gif

I have a nasty attitude? Priceless. rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

Madea, Jerry Shearin is going around with Paulette to meet with other political power brokers. He has an obvious vested interest in seeing that Paulette is elected. I'm not doing the painting, I'm just walking through the gallery making observations.

So that is why you have gotten your bowls in a up roar,so your on the dark side. Does Jerry tell you when to jump or roll over?

So that is why you have gotten your bowls in a up roar,so your on the dark side. Does Jerry tell you when to jump or roll over?

My bowls are fine, thank you very much. Although I could stand to get rid of a few of those old Tupperware ones.

JSYK, Jerry wouldn't know me if I were standing before him.

NJ, you are absolutely entitled to vote for anyone you please. I have been a card carrying republican for 30 years. My family is made up of nothing but republicans and I have convinced 80% of them that Will Avery is the best person to represent our district.

As for governor, I once thought Roy Barnes would never get my vote (I didn't vote for him in either of the his first two campaigns). If Handel would have won I would be voting for her (even with her Sonny baggage). I can not and will not bring myself to vote for a low life like Nathan Deal. Not all the dirt is out on Deal yet. Once everything comes out I will be surprised if any women vote for him. Roy is not my first choice, but now he is my only choice.

You don't fit my definition of one at all! They won't vote to give Obama more power in Georgia. You might want to burn your old card. JMO

My bowls are fine, thank you very much. Although I could stand to get rid of a few of those old Tupperware ones.

JSYK, Jerry wouldn't know me if I were standing before him.

He knows Animal very well though. rolleyes.gif Those bowls do wear out don't they?laugh.gif

You don't fit my definition of one at all! They won't vote to give Obama more power in Georgia. You might want to burn your old card. JMO

My God NJ. I have enough common sense and education to know that Will Avery isn't going to give Obama any more power anywhere. That has to be the most asinine thing I have heard.

Like I have said before, the only thing you people can find wrong with Will Avery is that he is a Democrat.

It is funny that you guys want to start talking about WHAT a candidate is going to do and stop mud slinging when you guys run out of mud. :lol:

You know, Kim Curl beat Paulette in the BOE election. What makes Paulette suddenly qualified to be our representative in the House? It's the same Paulette. If she not smart enough to be on the BOE (and I have known some of those members, it's just not that mentally demanding), she sure as heck isn't smart enough to be in the House of Representatives. Sorry to be blunt but I am really getting tired of this discussion.

BTW, I am a republican through and through. Doesn't mean I'll support a lesser candidate just because they are republican. I guess I'm just not a stupid republican. ;)

My God NJ. I have enough common sense and education to know that Will Avery isn't going to give Obama any more power anywhere. That has to be the most asinine thing I have heard.

Like I have said before, the only thing you people can find wrong with Will Avery is that he is a Democrat.

It is funny that you guys want to start talking about WHAT a candidate is going to do and stop mud slinging when you guys run out of mud. laugh.gif

You know, Kim Curl beat Paulette in the BOE election. What makes Paulette suddenly qualified to be our representative in the House? It's the same Paulette. If she not smart enough to be on the BOE (and I have known some of those members, it's just not that mentally demanding), she sure as heck isn't smart enough to be in the House of Representatives. Sorry to be blunt but I am really getting tired of this discussion.

BTW, I am a republican through and through. Doesn't mean I'll support a lesser candidate just because they are republican. I guess I'm just not a stupid republican. wink.gif

No way are you a Republican!!!!

I think you mean Kim Cobb not Kim Curl and I am not throwing mud. It is just common sense that if he wants to be a Democrat and run on that ticket then he is part of that agenda. He would not have signed on there if he wasn't. There are no longer conservatives in that Party. The Party left them long ago. Didn't you listen to Zell Miller when he said that?search.gif

There is no way you are a Republican stupid or otherwise!!!rolleyes.gif

It is funny that you guys want to start talking about WHAT a candidate is going to do and stop mud slinging when you guys run out of mud. :lol:

BTW, I am a republican through and through. Doesn't mean I'll support a lesser candidate just because they are republican. I guess I'm just not a stupid republican. ;)

Lemme get this straight. You get angry and name call because some of us aren't on board with your chosen candidate. We are simply falling in "lock step". However, I have issues that are important to me that your candidate won't even address. I know where the republican stands on the issues. So, when those issues come up in the next 2 years, I think he would just fall into lock step with the Democrats. And that's not a risk I'm willing to take. And that makes me stupid?

Lemme get this straight. You get angry and name call because some of us aren't on board with your chosen candidate. We are simply falling in "lock step". However, I have issues that are important to me that your candidate won't even address. I know where the republican stands on the issues. So, when those issues come up in the next 2 years, I think he would just fall into lock step with the Democrats. And that's not a risk I'm willing to take. And that makes me stupid?

I don't think he should really be calling anyone stupid. :pardon:

Didn't say you were stupid. I said I wasn't a stupid republican. That means that I am not so impressed by what the republican party "SAYS" it stands for that I will vote for a lesser candidate just because they are a republican.

Honestly, the Republican Party thinks way more of itself than it ought.

It's those lock step folks that screw up this country.

I'm not angry and I don't think I called anyone a name. Maybe you prefer yellow dog republican.

BTW Madea. What issues did Will Avery not address? I have had him on my porch for a few hours interrogating him pretty thoroughly and he answered every question. I didn't agree 100% with everything he said, but I liked most of his ideas.

You folks are something else. I didn't say anyone was stupid. I said I WASN'T stupid. I swear, it's like playing poker with my brothers kids. biggrin.gif

You should try playing chess with my 12 year old granddaughter. She even beats her grandfather and he is very good at it. She is a conservative at 12 and she is very smart. Sorry you don't seem to think the same of your brothers kids. Maybe they will learn to play poker some day.biggrin.gif

Anyone need any spare mud? Going cheapdrinks.gif

That's OK Animal you can keep it all. I know how much you love it.laugh.gif

I would love to address any issue that you have. I don't recall not answering any questions.

• Like 1

I would love to address any issue that you have. I don't recall not answering any questions.

To my knowledge, the questions I have haven't been directly asked. I guess a more correct wording would have been the silence on the issues that I'm referring to. For example, within the next 2 years I'm sure the GA legislature will address immigration. However, I did not find your stance on that issue on your website, it hasn't been discussed here, and you haven't mentioned it when I've heard you speak. If I've missed it, I do apologize in advance.

How do you feel about the stance Purdue took on Obamacare?

Do you support the "Tea Party" ideology of more limited government?

I don't believe our education system needs more money. Education's share (percentage) of our state budget remained virtually the same this year. Our state spends virtually the same per child as the national average (from my last recollection). There has to be another, more creative way, to move our children forward and I don't believe it's simply finding more dollars or adding "sin taxes".

Had you been on the Paulding school board during those "boom years" would you have voted to bring more dollars into the school system? Would you have had other solutions?

And, what's your vested interest in Paulding County?

That's a lot, isn't it? pardon.gif

To my knowledge, the questions I have haven't been directly asked. I guess a more correct wording would have been the silence on the issues that I'm referring to. For example, within the next 2 years I'm sure the GA legislature will address immigration. However, I did not find your stance on that issue on your website, it hasn't been discussed here, and you haven't mentioned it when I've heard you speak. If I've missed it, I do apologize in advance.

How do you feel about the stance Purdue took on Obamacare?

Do you support the "Tea Party" ideology of more limited government?

I don't believe our education system needs more money. Education's share (percentage) of our state budget remained virtually the same this year. Our state spends virtually the same per child as the national average (from my last recollection). There has to be another, more creative way, to move our children forward and I don't believe it's simply finding more dollars or adding "sin taxes".

Had you been on the Paulding school board during those "boom years" would you have voted to bring more dollars into the school system? Would you have had other solutions?

And, what's your vested interest in Paulding County?

That's a lot, isn't it? pardon.gif

To answer your questions for all to see.

Immigration

Illegal immigration is a serious issue, both here in Georgia, and throughout the nation. I am wholly against illegal immigration, and believe that we need to take steps to correct the problem. The major problem, however, in my opinion does not involve those who are already in the country illegally. Before we can take measures to tackle that issue, we MUST secure the borders. Unless we do that, we will continue to see influxes of illegal immigrants coming into the country. Of course, there are those illegal immigrants who come into Georgia and commit crimes, and those people must be prosecuted and appropriate measures must be taken to move forward with deportation proceedings. However it is my opinion that diverting resources from stopping illegal immigration at its source to finding illegal immigrants who have been in the country for years is simply a "Band-Aid" that looks good in the media, but ultimately does not come close to solving the overriding issue.

Healthcare

As with many Georgians, I believe that there are serious fundamental flaws in the healthcare package passed by Congress this past session. I was not in agreement with the large part of what was passed, such as the individual mandate on insurance. However, there were many extremely important portions of the bill that people across party lines support, such as the elimination of pre-existing conditions and the extension of coverage of children until age 26. However, I do not believe that your question was asking about those aforementioned aspects, so I guess my short answer would be that, for the large part, I would have sided with Sonny Purdue. This kind of ties into your below question about "limited government." I still believe there is much reform to be done with the corrupt system of healthcare, which ultimately exists to serve itself at the expense of us, our families, and our health.

Tea Party notion of limited government

I am in support of a smaller, more efficient government, yes. I do not like using terms like "small government," "big government," or "limited government," because they are quite relative and do not speak to the true nature of the problem, and truthfully are just relative terms that hold very little meaning. My personal position on the issue is that government, for the large part, needs to stay out of our business. That means that "Big Brother" should not be telling us law abiding citizens that we do not have the right to own a gun. This also means that I believe in cutting bureaucracy to manageable levels, however, in all honesty, I would never advocate blanket cuts just for the sake of making cuts. Everything we do would have to be done with respect to ensuring that vital services, such as emergency management or education, and transportation remain intact. Government is far too large, absolutely, but the question for me has never been "How small can we make government?" but rather "How can we ensure that government runs most efficiently under a smaller size?"

Education question.

I have never said that providing education with more money is the solution. While I agree that it has never been proven that more funding leads directly to a better education, it has been proven that smaller class sizes will help with our children's education. For example, in an english class, one of the best ways to learn is through writing. When a teacher has 5 classes of 36 students, it is virtually impossible to assign a critical though essay to the students in the class. This in turn leads to what I like to call "multiple guess tests" and not the critical evaluation of problems. In addition to reducing class sizes, we need to make work toward reducing the impact of high stakes testing such as the CRCT and the EOCT. Teaching kids a test is detrimental to our kids!! For example, the CRCT is given earlier in the spring. This means that teachers have to cover all the material needed for this test two months before the school year is finished. This is too much to ask and does not help our system.

Funding is definitely an issue. There are some classes within our school system that still do not have books for their students. Totally unacceptable!!!

The question you raised about me being on the school board during the boom time.

During that period of time, property taxes increased while there was a massive influx of students into the community. I would not have voted to use SPLOST money to build gyms and auditoriums rather than classrooms. Doing this lead directly to the passing of the 125 million bond a few years ago, which put the county in more debt. Classrooms are vital to education, gyms and auditoriums are peripheral to the education experience. I believe that more responsible spending during these years would have benefited the school system greatly.

My vested interest in Paulding County

I have lived in Georgia my whole life, having been raised in the small town of Swainsboro, and after getting married, Laurien and I realized that Paulding County would be the perfect place for us to settle down and raise a family—one that has begun with our beautiful daughter Norah, our two cats, and our two dogs. Paulding County is my home, and like each and every one of you, I want to do what is best for my home. In a few years, Norah will be attending Paulding County Public Schools, and I want to ensure that she—as well as all of her future peers—have the highest quality of education possible. It's an overused cliché, sure, but they are our future. If we want our home (and theirs) to be booming when they reach our ages, we need to be involved. This is where I live and where I will continue to live for many years to come.

Madea—you and I may not agree on much politically, but I know the two of us agree on this. Everything you and I do, and every debate we hash out is out of love for our home, and for the home that our children will one day know. I appreciate you asking me these questions. Like you, I'm not always on P-com, so occasionally I miss some things, but I appreciate you rehashing them out here. Just FYI we are in the process of redesigning the website, and in that we will be including some more issue stances, including some of them we talked about here.

Now that was long.

(Edited to add bold lines)

• Like 3

To answer your questions for all to see.

Immigration

Illegal immigration is a serious issue, both here in Georgia, and throughout the nation. I am wholly against illegal immigration, and believe that we need to take steps to correct the problem. The major problem, however, in my opinion does not involve those who are already in the country illegally. Before we can take measures to tackle that issue, we MUST secure the borders. Unless we do that, we will continue to see influxes of illegal immigrants coming into the country. Of course, there are those illegal immigrants who come into Georgia and commit crimes, and those people must be prosecuted and appropriate measures must be taken to move forward with deportation proceedings. However it is my opinion that diverting resources from stopping illegal immigration at its source to finding illegal immigrants who have been in the country for years is simply a "Band-Aid" that looks good in the media, but ultimately does not come close to solving the overriding issue.

Healthcare

As with many Georgians, I believe that there are serious fundamental flaws in the healthcare package passed by Congress this past session. I was not in agreement with the large part of what was passed, such as the individual mandate on insurance. However, there were many extremely important portions of the bill that people across party lines support, such as the elimination of pre-existing conditions and the extension of coverage of children until age 26. However, I do not believe that your question was asking about those aforementioned aspects, so I guess my short answer would be that, for the large part, I would have sided with Sonny Purdue. This kind of ties into your below question about "limited government." I still believe there is much reform to be done with the corrupt system of healthcare, which ultimately exists to serve itself at the expense of us, our families, and our health.

Tea Party notion of limited government

I am in support of a smaller, more efficient government, yes. I do not like using terms like "small government," "big government," or "limited government," because they are quite relative and do not speak to the true nature of the problem, and truthfully are just relative terms that hold very little meaning. My personal position on the issue is that government, for the large part, needs to stay out of our business. That means that "Big Brother" should not be telling us law abiding citizens that we do not have the right to own a gun. This also means that I believe in cutting bureaucracy to manageable levels, however, in all honesty, I would never advocate blanket cuts just for the sake of making cuts. Everything we do would have to be done with respect to ensuring that vital services, such as emergency management or education, and transportation remain intact. Government is far too large, absolutely, but the question for me has never been "How small can we make government?" but rather "How can we ensure that government runs most efficiently under a smaller size?"

Education question.

I have never said that providing education with more money is the solution. While I agree that it has never been proven that more funding leads directly to a better education, it has been proven that smaller class sizes will help with our children's education. For example, in an english class, one of the best ways to learn is through writing. When a teacher has 5 classes of 36 students, it is virtually impossible to assign a critical though essay to the students in the class. This in turn leads to what I like to call "multiple guess tests" and not the critical evaluation of problems. In addition to reducing class sizes, we need to make work toward reducing the impact of high stakes testing such as the CRCT and the EOCT. Teaching kids a test is detrimental to our kids!! For example, the CRCT is given earlier in the spring. This means that teachers have to cover all the material needed for this test two months before the school year is finished. This is too much to ask and does not help our system.

Funding is definitely an issue. There are some classes within our school system that still do not have books for their students. Totally unacceptable!!!

The question you raised about me being on the school board during the boom time.

During that period of time, property taxes increased while there was a massive influx of students into the community. I would not have voted to use SPLOST money to build gyms and auditoriums rather than classrooms. Doing this lead directly to the passing of the 125 million bond a few years ago, which put the county in more debt. Classrooms are vital to education, gyms and auditoriums are peripheral to the education experience. I believe that more responsible spending during these years would have benefited the school system greatly.

My vested interest in Paulding County

I have lived in Georgia my whole life, having been raised in the small town of Swainsboro, and after getting married, Laurien and I realized that Paulding County would be the perfect place for us to settle down and raise a family—one that has begun with our beautiful daughter Norah, our two cats, and our two dogs. Paulding County is my home, and like each and every one of you, I want to do what is best for my home. In a few years, Norah will be attending Paulding County Public Schools, and I want to ensure that she—as well as all of her future peers—have the highest quality of education possible. It's an overused cliché, sure, but they are our future. If we want our home (and theirs) to be booming when they reach our ages, we need to be involved. This is where I live and where I will continue to live for many years to come.

Madea—you and I may not agree on much politically, but I know the two of us agree on this. Everything you and I do, and every debate we hash out is out of love for our home, and for the home that our children will one day know. I appreciate you asking me these questions. Like you, I'm not always on P-com, so occasionally I miss some things, but I appreciate you rehashing them out here. Just FYI we are in the process of redesigning the website, and in that we will be including some more issue stances, including some of them we talked about here.

Now that was long.

(Edited to add bold lines)

Thanks for clearing that up Will.

Folks may not agree with every nuance of your positions, but here they are in black and white: Secure the borders first, against the mandates in Obamacare but for sensible health reform measures, for smaller more efficient government, for education reform but not just throwing more money at the problem, committed to the future of Paulding County.

That's what some of us have been saying. Will has ideas and energy not soundbites. He doesn't just rattle off the latest drivel from the party elite, and make desperate attempts to link the other party to everything that's negative about the current condition. He is far more about ideas to better our lot that laying blame for the past.

I don't agree with every detail of every policy point that we have discussed, but I believe that the person with the generally best specific ideas for the future, the man who has been willing to commit to researching these ideas, the man who can articulate the challenges facing us and his reasonable solutions, and the man with the willingness to listen and respond to the needs of the people of Paulding county, is the best man for the job.

Paulette is pro tea party, pro life, and for the fair tax. That's all well and good, but what is that going to do for me and my fellow voters next January?

Thanks for clearing that up Will.

Folks may not agree with every nuance of your positions, but here they are in black and white: Secure the borders first, against the mandates in Obamacare but for sensible health reform measures, for smaller more efficient government, for education reform but not just throwing more money at the problem, committed to the future of Paulding County.

That's what some of us have been saying. Will has ideas and energy not soundbites. He doesn't just rattle off the latest drivel from the party elite, and make desperate attempts to link the other party to everything that's negative about the current condition. He is far more about ideas to better our lot that laying blame for the past.

I don't agree with every detail of every policy point that we have discussed, but I believe that the person with the generally best specific ideas for the future, the man who has been willing to commit to researching these ideas, the man who can articulate the challenges facing us and his reasonable solutions, and the man with the willingness to listen and respond to the needs of the people of Paulding county, is the best man for the job.

Paulette is pro tea party, pro life, and for the fair tax. That's all well and good, but what is that going to do for me and my fellow voters next January?

She will be able to caucus with the majority and that is important. Will won't have a voice that can be heard as well for Paulding. Redistricting is coming and we need a Republican to vote so as not to weaken the conservative district. You can buy what Will is selling just as others bought it from Democrates that are voting with Obama but I'm not buying it. If he was a conservative he would have registered with the conservative party to run.

• Like 1

She will be able to caucus with the majority and that is important. Will won't have a voice that can be heard as well for Paulding. Redistricting is coming and we need a Republican to vote so as not to weaken the conservative district. You can buy what Will is selling just as others bought it from Democrates that are voting with Obama but I'm not buying it. If he was a conservative he would have registered with the conservative party to run.

Yes, she will be a member of the party of choice, with Virginia Galloway on one shoulder and Jerry Shearin on the other.

This is deeper than just electing a new legislative rep, this is a race to show the old Clique the door, and hoping it hits them hard on their butts on their way out. Time to throw out the last of the old regime and give the new one a chance without tying their hand with Paulette.

Yes, she will be a member of the party of choice, with Virginia Galloway on one shoulder and Jerry Shearin on the other.

This is deeper than just electing a new legislative rep, this is a race to show the old Clique the door, and hoping it hits them hard on their butts on their way out. Time to throw out the last of the old regime and give the new one a chance without tying their hand with Paulette.

You don't cut your nose off to spite your face! I love Paulding County and it is important that we have a voice in the State House. A strong one. I read an interview today with a Democrat who says he will most likely switch parties if Barnes loses because the Democrat Party will be toast in Georgia for a long time. Deal will win this election and more will be jumping ship. Will should have run as a conservative if he really is one. We need a strong voice that can be heard to represent Paulding.

this is some of that interview:

State Rep. Alan Powell (D-Hartwell) interview with Blake Aued of the Athens Banner-Herald:

"If Roy Barnes doesn't win it in November, you can probably stick a fork in the Democratic movement, because we will not be able to come back for a generation or more," Powell said in a phone conversation today.

If Barnes loses, Powell said he would "seriously consider" switching parties because Democrats would not only have no influence, but no hope regaining power. He also said he thinks he could halt the Republicans' drift to the right and bring it back toward the middle.

You don't cut your nose off to spite your face! I love Paulding County and it is important that we have a voice in the State House. A strong one. I read an interview today with a Democrat who says he will most likely switch parties if Barnes loses because the Democrat Party will be toast in Georgia for a long time. Deal will win this election and more will be jumping ship. Will should have run as a conservative if he really is one. We need a strong voice that can be heard to represent Paulding.

this is some of that interview:

State Rep. Alan Powell (D-Hartwell) interview with Blake Aued of the Athens Banner-Herald:

"If Roy Barnes doesn't win it in November, you can probably stick a fork in the Democratic movement, because we will not be able to come back for a generation or more," Powell said in a phone conversation today.

If Barnes loses, Powell said he would "seriously consider" switching parties because Democrats would not only have no influence, but no hope regaining power. He also said he thinks he could halt the Republicans' drift to the right and bring it back toward the middle.

I've got $100 that says Deal will not win. You want in?

I like intelligent people. When it comes to representing my interest I want someone with an IQ close to or higher than my own. That's why I think Will Avery is the only choice in that race.

This isn't about a "clique" for me one way or another. Quite frankly, your comments only make me more determined to vote for Paulette. Kinda like I felt with the whole Donovan/Pubby thing.

• Like 2

Madea are you a little sensitive? Gee just take your ball and play with someone else. When ever you don't get your way you always say I will vote for someone else. You really make sense on this one,take solo with you poor sportclapping.gif

Madea are you a little sensitive? Gee just take your ball and play with someone else. When ever you don't get your way you always say I will vote for someone else. You really make sense on this one,take solo with you poor sportclapping.gif

Solo is a great lady. I'll be happy to take her with me. Have a nice day!