Paulding.com

Solo is a great lady. I'll be happy to take her with me. Have a nice day!

I want to go too!!! Great company and good women. Animal can stay in his cave with his sour grapes and mud!drinks.gif

I miss Solo. She is not around as much as she once was. She is a smart lady with a great sense of humor.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

See we keep shooting ourselves in the foot,here we have some of the finest canidates. If there not having sex with the wrong person there involved with the wrong people. Then they know there wrong and

Contrary to your assertion, Republicans have been offering a balanced budget amendment to the U.S. Constitution on a regular basis since 1980 when Ronald Reagan became President, largely because of th

You have just proven my point. I don't have to say more on the subject!

Can I come, too?? You and Solo rock!! :D

Come on girls, you guys are the only ones left that can argue without getting your wittel feewins hurt. JMT started a trend amongst the sissy men republicans where they take their toys and change sandboxes. With the exception of The Runt, he was just told to leave because he kept peeing in the pool. :D

Can I come, too?? You and Solo rock!! :D

I want to go too!!! Great company and good women. Animal can stay in his cave with his sour grapes and mud!drinks.gif

I miss Solo. She is not around as much as she once was. She is a smart lady with a great sense of humor.

Wow! This has become a great event! I can't wait! I would gladly share time with each of you. Here Animal drinks.gif It's early. It's coffee.

You don't cut your nose off to spite your face! I love Paulding County and it is important that we have a voice in the State House. A strong one. I read an interview today with a Democrat who says he will most likely switch parties if Barnes loses because the Democrat Party will be toast in Georgia for a long time. Deal will win this election and more will be jumping ship. Will should have run as a conservative if he really is one. We need a strong voice that can be heard to represent Paulding.

this is some of that interview:

State Rep. Alan Powell (D-Hartwell) interview with Blake Aued of the Athens Banner-Herald:

"If Roy Barnes doesn't win it in November, you can probably stick a fork in the Democratic movement, because we will not be able to come back for a generation or more," Powell said in a phone conversation today.

If Barnes loses, Powell said he would "seriously consider" switching parties because Democrats would not only have no influence, but no hope regaining power. He also said he thinks he could halt the Republicans' drift to the right and bring it back toward the middle.

"Conservative party" is a loaded term. There are liberal Republicans (Lincoln Chaffee, pre-Obama Arlen Specter, etc) just as there are conservative Democrats. The terms "liberal" and "conservative" have nothing to do with party, but have somehow become correlated with them. As far as I have heard, Will is running as what he is-- a "conservative Democrat." Frankly, voting for someone because they would be a member of the "majority party" is a poor justification for a vote. I sincerely believe one needs to vote for the person who would do the best job. When elected, neither Will nor Paulette will have a comparatively powerful voice, as their lack of seniority would be overshadowed by many. But ask yourself this question-- when it comes to advocating for the issues that matter, like education, the economy and job development, water and transportation solutions, and public safety-- who of the two candidates do you think will be speaking the loudest, offering proactive solutions to the problems that face Paulding County and the state of Georgia? Thus far, I have yet to hear Ms. Braddock offer any sort of ideas beyond simple buzzwords which lack any substance, and, frankly, I just do not see her as an impassioned advocate under the Gold Dome. Just my opinion, though.

On another note, ask any statewide Democrat about Alan Powell, and they'll tell you he's been a DINO for years now. He's threatened party switches before, and he'll do it again. It really means nothing at this point.

• Like 1

"Conservative party" is a loaded term. There are liberal Republicans (Lincoln Chaffee, pre-Obama Arlen Specter, etc) just as there are conservative Democrats. The terms "liberal" and "conservative" have nothing to do with party, but have somehow become correlated with them. As far as I have heard, Will is running as what he is-- a "conservative Democrat." Frankly, voting for someone because they would be a member of the "majority party" is a poor justification for a vote. I sincerely believe one needs to vote for the person who would do the best job. When elected, neither Will nor Paulette will have a comparatively powerful voice, as their lack of seniority would be overshadowed by many. But ask yourself this question-- when it comes to advocating for the issues that matter, like education, the economy and job development, water and transportation solutions, and public safety-- who of the two candidates do you think will be speaking the loudest, offering proactive solutions to the problems that face Paulding County and the state of Georgia? Thus far, I have yet to hear Ms. Braddock offer any sort of ideas beyond simple buzzwords which lack any substance, and, frankly, I just do not see her as an impassioned advocate under the Gold Dome. Just my opinion, though.

On another note, ask any statewide Democrat about Alan Powell, and they'll tell you he's been a DINO for years now. He's threatened party switches before, and he'll do it again. It really means nothing at this point.

Do you think Howard Maxwell or Bill Heath would embrace Will or Paulette?? It sure helps going in when you've got a support group ready and willing. ;)

Do you think Howard Maxwell or Bill Heath would embrace Will or Paulette?? It sure helps going in when you've got a support group ready and willing. ;)

I hear there are a number of Republicans backing Will Avery. Not sure where Maxwell or Heath stand on this.

This might get to be a little hard for the Party People to understand. This race is no longer a Democrat versus Republican. It is a representative of the people of District 19 versus a representative of a few people running the Paulding GOP.

I hear there are a number of Republicans backing Will Avery. Not sure where Maxwell or Heath stand on this.

This might get to be a little hard for the Party People to understand. This race is no longer a Democrat versus Republican. It is a representative of the people of District 19 versus a representative of a few people running the Paulding GOP.

While I understand some of the points raised, is it not more important to elect a representative that will make the right decisions rather than a representative who is friends with certain people? Will may not fit into that role for some on P-com, and heck, that's okay. But I just have a political philosophical problem with people choosing a candidate based off of things like "well, they would be in the majority party."

While I understand some of the points raised, is it not more important to elect a representative that will make the right decisions rather than a representative who is friends with certain people? Will may not fit into that role for some on P-com, and heck, that's okay. But I just have a political philosophical problem with people choosing a candidate based off of things like "well, they would be in the majority party."

The reverse is also true. You should not withhold your vote because of who someone may be or you may perceive someone to be friends with, now should you?

It has to be a consideration for anyone who chooses to run in a particular political party; otherwise, the person could run as an independent. I understand your point, but I think it is important to know whether the person elected in the 19th District will vote for Speaker of the House - Republican David Ralston or the Democratic nominee, whoever that may be. If the answer is anything other than David Ralston, that should affect how folks vote. That would be an important question to ask both candidates for the 19th.

• Like 1

It has to be a consideration for anyone who chooses to run in a particular political party; otherwise, the person could run as an independent. I understand your point, but I think it is important to know whether the person elected in the 19th District will vote for Speaker of the House - Republican David Ralston or the Democratic nominee, whoever that may be. If the answer is anything other than David Ralston, that should affect how folks vote. That would be an important question to ask both candidates for the 19th.

Now I can't speak for Will, but as an outside observer of the past session, I quite like David Ralston. Would I prefer a Democrat, sure, however Mr. Ralston, from everything I can deduce, is a good man who makes rational decisions for the best interests of Georgia. I'd wonder whether Will would support him as well.

As for the "independent" question, you also do have to consider the fact that Georgia has the most restrictive ballot access laws in the nation.

Thank you!!! :)

The reverse is also true. You should not withhold your vote because of who someone may be or you may perceive someone to be friends with, now should you?

Heck yes you should!

If I knew that a candidate was in bed with a known crook there is no way I would vote for them even if Jesus Christ was endorsing them.

Ask Will. Unlike the Republican candidate, Will is very accessible. And one thing I have noticed is that he will tell the truth even if it means losing your vote. Honesty means more to me than political party or whether David Ralston is elected SOH.

BTW, Ralston will be SOH whether Will votes for him or not. Let's not use this as a scare tactic. ;)

How soon we forget.

Seriously now, I hear the term "conservative" tossed around to describe the local "R"s, and how everyone must support the GOP choice no matter what. Then you take a look at the spread sheet which The Sound Guy put up in the property tax topic showing black and white what Shearin and company did to the taxpayers of Paulding. Year after year, after year. And boy howdy, King Jerry and his group could spend that money like a drunk sailor, and then run up a tab to leave the next administration to have to address and pay off.

At the same time, we had, as pointed out in the beginning of this topic, a rather LESS than transparent, honest, and/or ethical legislator representing us under the gold dome. I will echo myself from many previous times I have asked this, "Just what exactly did Glenn Richardson do to help out the taxpaying voter/citizen of Paulding County?".

And then we followed up the disgraced Speaker with Mr Stout who unfortunately let his skeletons out of the closet just before his special election, and went downtown with a cloud hanging over his head as well. But both Richardson and Stout were from the all almighty Paulding GOP.

Paulette is running as Shearin and Galloway and company's protege. Plain and simple. They are indeed a team.

Yes indeed, "How soon we forget".

If you feel you just have to push the button with the "R"Paulette Braddock, then by all means do so.

But do it knowing full well you will be perpetuating Shearin, Richardson, Carruth, Galloway, Hollingshed, Kiehl, et al, and their control of the local GOP.

And please don't call that group conservative. They are not, were not, and will not act conseratively.

• Like 1

If they claim to be Conservative Republicans and they are supporting or campaigning for the Democrat then I would say to you that they are not conservative nor Republican. Some may even be doing it out of anger because of the election results. More sour grapes. That is not good for anyone. I do believe that the Republican will have a louder voice and will be embraced by both Maxwell and Heath. She is better for the future of Paulding County. If you don't see that then all I can say is that you need to take the rose colored glasses off. I do believe she will be able to advocate for those issues better than Avery. She will even advocate for the conservative agenda and no I don't think he will. One of the reasons is that she already knows a number of the folks she will need to convince. If you don't think folks think in terms of liberal Democrats and conservative Republicans then I have just one word for you "Obama". I know what they think of him and why most folks I know are working to get the Democrats sent packing with all that Hope and Change that wasn't good Hope and Change!

How soon we forget.

Seriously now, I hear the term "conservative" tossed around to describe the local "R"s, and how everyone must support the GOP choice no matter what. Then you take a look at the spread sheet which The Sound Guy put up in the property tax topic showing black and white what Shearin and company did to the taxpayers of Paulding. Year after year, after year. And boy howdy, King Jerry and his group could spend that money like a drunk sailor, and then run up a tab to leave the next administration to have to address and pay off.

At the same time, we had, as pointed out in the beginning of this topic, a rather LESS than transparent, honest, and/or ethical legislator representing us under the gold dome. I will echo myself from many previous times I have asked this, "Just what exactly did Glenn Richardson do to help out the taxpaying voter/citizen of Paulding County?".

And then we followed up the disgraced Speaker with Mr Stout who unfortunately let his skeletons out of the closet just before his special election, and went downtown with a cloud hanging over his head as well. But both Richardson and Stout were from the all almighty Paulding GOP.

Paulette is running as Shearin and Galloway and company's protege. Plain and simple. They are indeed a team.

Yes indeed, "How soon we forget".

If you feel you just have to push the button with the "R"Paulette Braddock, then by all means do so.

But do it knowing full well you will be perpetuating Shearin, Richardson, Carruth, Galloway, Hollingshed, Kiehl, et al, and their control of the local GOP.

And please don't call that group conservative. They are not, were not, and will not act conseratively.

Their names are not on the Ballot. I would not expect members of the GOP to support Avery. I have just addressed that in my previous post. I would expect to see some of those people support her. It does not mean they control her any more than it means I control her.

If they claim to be Conservative Republicans and they are supporting or campaigning for the Democrat then I would say to you that they are not conservative nor Republican. Some may even be doing it out of anger because of the election results. More sour grapes. That is not good for anyone. I do believe that the Republican will have a louder voice and will be embraced by both Maxwell and Heath. She is better for the future of Paulding County. If you don't see that then all I can say is that you need to take the rose colored glasses off. I do believe she will be able to advocate for those issues better than Avery. She will even advocate for the conservative agenda and no I don't think he will. One of the reasons is that she already knows a number of the folks she will need to convince. If you don't think folks think in terms of liberal Democrats and conservative Republicans then I have just one word for you "Obama". I know what they think of him and why most folks I know are working to get the Democrats sent packing with all that Hope and Change that wasn't good Hope and Change!

Have you ever met Paulette? If so, are you telling me that you are comfortable with her representing your interests? If you are, that pretty much says all I need to know.

Their names are not on the Ballot. I would not expect members of the GOP to support Avery. I have just addressed that in my previous post. I would expect to see some of those people support her. It does not mean they control her any more than it means I control her.

Yep. Their names are on the ballot. It's the one with the "R" beside it. ;)

Ask Will. Unlike the Republican candidate, Will is very accessible. And one thing I have noticed is that he will tell the truth even if it means losing your vote. Honesty means more to me than political party or whether David Ralston is elected SOH.

BTW, Ralston will be SOH whether Will votes for him or not. Let's not use this as a scare tactic. ;)

Feelip:

I've followed your posts for years on P.com and know you're not naive. I also agree with you that Ralston will likely be the Speaker come January regardless of which candidate wins the 19th District. But you can't be serious when you suggest that Speaker Ralston will not have known who supported him? He's not a vindictive person by any means but knowing who helped you reach reach that position is a distinct advantage when it comes to assignments, seniority, access, etc. That's not a scare tactic; that's a reality.

Heck yes you should!

If I knew that a candidate was in bed with a known crook there is no way I would vote for them even if Jesus Christ was endorsing them.

However, all you have done in the District 19 race is provide rumor, innuendo and downright untruths. Using your condition above then Paulette should have your vote since she is not in the bed with a known crook.

Or, also using your logic, I should withhold any vote for Will since he associates with you, Animal and Whitey.

You still don't see what you put out there do you? We should all avoid Paulette Braddock because you think there is a connection to the Old GOP. But we should not withhold a vote for Will Avery just because of the "D". Well, there sure is a lot of crap connected to that "D" too.

Have you ever met Paulette? If so, are you telling me that you are comfortable with her representing your interests? If you are, that pretty much says all I need to know.

Yep. Their names are on the ballot. It's the one with the "R" beside it. wink.gif

Yes, I do know Paulette and I know for a fact she is more conservative than Avery and will vote that way. I am not afraid to say that I will be more comfortable with her in that seat by far than with Avery in it. Nancy Pelosi's name is not on the ballot but Avery's is. I could say to you that her name is there because it is the one with the "D" beside it. I am sure she would be happy to donate to his campaign though because he is a "D". Makes just as much sense as your contention that someone other than Paulette's name is there.

Yes, I do know Paulette and I know for a fact she is more conservative than Avery and will vote that way. I am not afraid to say that I will be more comfortable with her in that seat by far than with Avery in it. Nancy Pelosi's name is not on the ballot but Avery's is. I could say to you that her name is there because it is the one with the "D" beside it. I am sure she would be happy to donate to his campaign though because he is a "D". Makes just as much sense as your contention that someone other than Paulette's name is there.

I also know Paulette,Been knowing her for several years, Supported Kim Cobb when she ran Against Paulette in 2007,And Kim won by a landslide, One of the main issues in that campaign was her tax and spend budget busting votes while serving on the School Board, I sure hope you do not consider her voting record as being conservative, Or do you?

What makes you think she will vote conservative now?

Feelip:

I've followed your posts for years on P.com and know you're not naive. I also agree with you that Ralston will likely be the Speaker come January regardless of which candidate wins the 19th District. But you can't be serious when you suggest that Speaker Ralston will not have known who supported him? He's not a vindictive person by any means but knowing who helped you reach reach that position is a distinct advantage when it comes to assignments, seniority, access, etc. That's not a scare tactic; that's a reality.

With both candidates being Freshmen, I doubt either will be getting appointments to any meaningful positions. Unfortunately Mr. Richardson wasted a lot of our political time by acting a fool when he finally got to a position where he could actually help Paulding (but that's another story).

Never insinuated that Mr. Ralston wouldn't know who supported him. I do believe that if these two candidates were being considered for an appointment their abilities would outweigh their party affiliation.

Besides, who's to say that Will wouldn't vote for Ralston. The majority of Will's supporters are card carrying Republicans.

Hey, do you remember Sonny appointing someone to a Board of Regents position that didn't have a high school education? Is that the kind of "embracing" you guys are hoping for? No thanks.

However, all you have done in the District 19 race is provide rumor, innuendo and downright untruths. Using your condition above then Paulette should have your vote since she is not in the bed with a known crook.

Or, also using your logic, I should withhold any vote for Will since he associates with you, Animal and Whitey.

You still don't see what you put out there do you? We should all avoid Paulette Braddock because you think there is a connection to the Old GOP. But we should not withhold a vote for Will Avery just because of the "D". Well, there sure is a lot of crap connected to that "D" too.

I'm voting for Will. ;)

I also know Paulette,Been knowing her for several years, Supported Kim Cobb when she ran Against Paulette in 2007,And Kim won by a landslide, One of the main issues in that campaign was her tax and spend budget busting votes while serving on the School Board, I sure hope you do not consider her voting record as being conservative, Or do you?

What makes you think she will vote conservative now?

We had an overwhelming increase in the number of children in this county as you well know. They had to build to have a place to teach them. I voted against the bond but the people voted to approve that at the ballot box. Can't blame her for that one. I voted for Kim Cobb and would again. She is one of my favorite Republican officials in Paulding County. Paulette and Avery are on this ballot not Kim and Paulette. I will take Paulette thank you very much!smile.gif

If you think Pelosi has a clue as to where Paulding County Georgia is, then by all means, you should vote for Paulette. :blink:

With both candidates being Freshmen, I doubt either will be getting appointments to any meaningful positions. Unfortunately Mr. Richardson wasted a lot of our political time by acting a fool when he finally got to a position where he could actually help Paulding (but that's another story).

Never insinuated that Mr. Ralston wouldn't know who supported him. I do believe that if these two candidates were being considered for an appointment their abilities would outweigh their party affiliation.

Besides, who's to say that Will wouldn't vote for Ralston. The majority of Will's supporters are card carrying Republicans.

Hey, do you remember Sonny appointing someone to a Board of Regents position that didn't have a high school education? Is that the kind of "embracing" you guys are hoping for? No thanks.

You can say that all day long and you would still be wrong at the end of the day. I will vote for the candidate who I believe will have the strongest voice for Paulding County.

That would be Paulette no question about it.

You can say that all day long and you would still be wrong at the end of the day. I will vote for the candidate who I believe will have the strongest voice for Paulding County.

That would be Paulette no question about it.

And if she were to win I'll just be praying that she keeps her pie hole shut.

If you think Pelosi has a clue as to where Paulding County Georgia is, then by all means, you should vote for Paulette. blink.gif

Oh, I am sure she would love that cutie Will!!! ph34r.gif I know she is not on the ballot but neither are the folks you are trying to say are. Only one name on it by each initial and that is my point.

And if she were to win I'll just be praying that she keeps her pie hole shut.

Okay! We disagree once again. laugh.gif

Oh, I am sure she would love that cutie Will!!! ph34r.gif I know she is not on the ballot but neither are the folks you are trying to say are. Only one name on it by each initial and that is my point.

OKay!laugh.gif

If you believe that you might be interested in this bridge I have for sale. ;)

We had an overwhelming increase in the number of children in this county as you well know. They had to build to have a place to teach them. I voted against the bond but the people voted to approve that at the ballot box. Can't blame her for that one. I voted for Kim Cobb and would again. She is one of my favorite Republican officials in Paulding County. Paulette and Avery are on this ballot not Kim and Paulette. I will take Paulette thank you very much!smile.gif

I Voted for and supported Kim Cobb also, But not because she was a Republican, I voted for Kim because she was the best person for the job, Paulette voted to build gyms and auditorious, Ans the Taj Mahal Instead of classrooms, She does not deserve a chance to set the budget for Georgia, or to get her hands on the Billion of dollars of our tax money

I Voted for and supported Kim Cobb also, But not because she was a Republican, I voted for Kim because she was the best person for the job, Paulette voted to build gyms and auditorious, Ans the Taj Mahal Instead of classrooms, She does not deserve a chance to set the budget for Georgia, or to get her hands on the Billion of dollars of our tax money

In case you forgot, they are both Republicans. Had nothing to do with my vote either since it was a moot point in a primary. This is a general election with a Republican and a Democrat opposing each other. I will always come down on the side that I think serves Paulding County interests best and it is not the Democrat in this case, it is the Republican. Spin it any way you like that fact will not change.

In case you forgot, they are both Republicans. Had nothing to do with my vote either since it was a moot point in a primary. This is a general election with a Republican and a Democrat opposing each other. I will always come down on the side that I think serves Paulding County interests best and it is not the Democrat in this case, it is the Republican. Spin it any way you like that fact will not change.

So you didn't think Paulette has sense enough to serve on the county board of education but suddenly she is intelligent enough to be our state representative? Just how tight are you having to hold your nose to vote for her?

So you didn't think Paulette has sense enough to serve on the county board of education but suddenly she is intelligent enough to be our state representative? Just how tight are you having to hold your nose to vote for her?

I picked Kim because I thought she would do the BEST job. In this case I think Paulette will serve Paulding's interests far better than her opponent. That simple.

Newsjunky:

In the class of 'you never know' ... and to establish that party is not all it is cracked up to be ... I want to ask you folks about a couple of guys in Congress.

The first one is Tommy Robinson. He was the congressman from Arkansas and in about 1987 ... he 'switched' parties. What did it take to 'switch?'

As a sitting congressman - an elected official half-way through a term - how can someone be one thing and then instantly be another? ... bam ... switch?

Probably all it really takes when it is said and done is a stroke of a pen.

Even more recently and with someone you guys know (I knew Robinson, worked in his campaign in 1984) ... Arlen Specter. He obviously wasn't going to win the GOP nomination for another term in the Senate and he ended up not winning the Democrat primary either ... but lo and behold ... one day he was a Republican (although some would call him a Rino) and then the next, he was a Democrat.

Heck, Joe Liberman was the Democratic candidate for the Vice Presidency ... is he still a Democrat? In the last decade, because of his attitude and feelings on the mid-east and homeland security, he ended up leaning, if anything, to the right of GWB in the eyes of many Democrats. He was booted from the Connecticut Party nomination and ended up running as an independent. He carries and (I) beside his name. He made that change from Democrat to Independent with little more than a stroke of a pen.

In a sense all the above 'gamed' the system. They went with the party that would provide them a place on the ballot and then they did what felt they had to do once they were in 'it'.

What most folks don't realize is that one of the key, real tricks is to get on the ballot ... especially in Georgia. I had heard of four or five people including one running for school board locally, who chose to run - wanted to serve - but were limited by the rules that requires thousands of signatures ... not just regular signatures either ... to get on the ballot. (For instance, If my voter registration is listed as George Patton Hughes and I sign the petition as George P. Hughes ... it doesn't count under the rules. Heck, I'd bet they'd disallow if it had a period after an initial.)

The point is that to have a chance, you have to be on the ballot.

The second point is that once the votes are cast, while we may know someone in general, the idea that they may switch parties is always an option. I mean, ask Sonny Perdue or Nathan Deal? Both used to be Democrats :)

pubby

Newsjunky:

In the class of 'you never know' ... and to establish that party is not all it is cracked up to be ... I want to ask you folks about a couple of guys in Congress.

The first one is Tommy Robinson. He was the congressman from Arkansas and in about 1987 ... he 'switched' parties. What did it take to 'switch?'

As a sitting congressman - an elected official half-way through a term - how can someone be one thing and then instantly be another? ... bam ... switch?

Probably all it really takes when it is said and done is a stroke of a pen.

Even more recently and with someone you guys know (I knew Robinson, worked in his campaign in 1984) ... Arlen Specter. He obviously wasn't going to win the GOP nomination for another term in the Senate and he ended up not winning the Democrat primary either ... but lo and behold ... one day he was a Republican (although some would call him a Rino) and then the next, he was a Democrat.

Heck, Joe Liberman was the Democratic candidate for the Vice Presidency ... is he still a Democrat? In the last decade, because of his attitude and feelings on the mid-east and homeland security, he ended up leaning, if anything, to the right of GWB in the eyes of many Democrats. He was booted from the Connecticut Party nomination and ended up running as an independent. He carries and (I) beside his name. He made that change from Democrat to Independent with little more than a stroke of a pen.

In a sense all the above 'gamed' the system. They went with the party that would provide them a place on the ballot and then they did what felt they had to do once they were in 'it'.

What most folks don't realize is that one of the key, real tricks is to get on the ballot ... especially in Georgia. I had heard of four or five people including one running for school board locally, who chose to run - wanted to serve - but were limited by the rules that requires thousands of signatures ... not just regular signatures either ... to get on the ballot. (For instance, If my voter registration is listed as George Patton Hughes and I sign the petition as George P. Hughes ... it doesn't count under the rules. Heck, I'd bet they'd disallow if it had a period after an initial.)

The point is that to have a chance, you have to be on the ballot.

The second point is that once the votes are cast, while we may know someone in general, the idea that they may switch parties is always an option. I mean, ask Sonny Perdue or Nathan Deal? Both used to be Democrats smile.gif

pubby

I have qualified a lot of the folks who are in office in Paulding at this very moment. If Will had come in and signed up to run as a Republican there would have been nothing to stop him. He wanted to run as a Democrat because he IS ONE! Arlan Specter was not a Republican he was a RINO and should have been shown the door long ago. They kicked him to the curb for good reason. A lot of the folks we have in office USED to be Democrats, that is true. The KEY words are USED TO BE. I have heard Johnny on many occasions say that the Democrat Party left him he did not leave it. I am of the opinion that the Democrat Party that used to exit does not exit any longer. It is the Progressive or Socialist Party. They just can't get their candidates elected if they call themselves that. Will registered as a Democrat because he is one and he is not the best candidate for Paulding County especially right now in my opinion.

• Like 1

I have qualified a lot of the folks who are in office in Paulding at this very moment. If Will had come in and signed up to run as a Republican there would have been nothing to stop him. He wanted to run as a Democrat because he IS ONE! Arlan Specter was not a Republican he was a RINO and should have been shown the door long ago. They kicked him to the curb for good reason. A lot of the folks we have in office USED to be Democrats, that is true. The KEY words are USED TO BE. I have heard Johnny on many occasions say that the Democrat Party left him he did not leave it. I am of the opinion that the Democrat Party that used to exit does not exit any longer. It is the Progressive or Socialist Party. They just can't get their candidates elected if they call themselves that. Will registered as a Democrat because he is one and he is not the best candidate for Paulding County especially right now in my opinion.

I heard a preacher once say that it didn't matter what denomination you were, the sign was either going to blow off going up or burn off going down. I feel the same way about politics. A political party is no replacement for a good, honest intelligent person that is running for office for the right reasons. Will Avery is running for the right reasons. Good night.

• Like 2