Paulding.com

Ray Cochran arrested for child molestation

David's pick would have won.

Still not sure why folks say the GOP's candidates.

The party does not endorse a candidate in the primary. Officers don't endorse candidates in a primary. Individuals DO help candidates in a primary however.

Really folks??? This is not about politics. Get over it - your guy won.

This is about a tough situation for a family to be in. Wouldn't want to wish it on your own family would you?

WHERE IS COMMON DECENCY AMONG THIS CROWD? (although most folks in this topic have been gracious and kind).

And ANIMAL- throw the first stone. You are a despicable excuse for a human. No wonder you're called Animal.

Look you have your rights and freedom of speach,where was the victims rights? The family in pain,the real pain is they should have turned him in sooner. Common decency is if he is convicted to be put in a cell with Barfly and teach him how to make love prison style.

He is in jail awaiting trial for a crime against a child,throw the key away if convicted.angry.gif

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I just want to say I told everyone so,na na na na na ok I feel better now.

Yes that was me I told everyone,nobody wanted to believe me. Now just kiss my lilly white butt Can everyone hear me now!

Wonder how the election on July 20 would have turned out if this happened earlier and it was Gregory and Pownall. That would have been fun.   We can thank the local garden club (GOP Party) for that.

Wonder how the election on July 20 would have turned out if this happened earlier and it was Gregory and Pownall. That would have been fun.

We can thank the local garden club (GOP Party) for that. For putting another ethics issue candidate or ethics problem associated candidate in there. Becoming a bad habit.

Have they picked a winning candiate yet in the last 6 years...............Let's see: Ralph Reed...nope, JK rogers.....nope, Beverly Cochran.....nope, Ronney sibley.....nope, Glenn Richardson.....nope, Jerry shearin.........nope, and so on and so on. Is it just me or has most of them had ethics issues too. Looks like they need to find other people to take thier advice from or attach to. Seems they have lost touch with real America.

Maybe one day the local GOP will learn to get the G family and thier crew out of the party and then maybe they will have a winning/viable candidate and they will not drag other people down with them. This tarnished reputation will follow them for some time till they are gone.

Just my thougts from an outsider that used to be involved years ago.

I agree,the dark side again shows there true color.ninja.gif

If you're going to be a criminal, why not commit a more respectable crime like illegal gambling or running moonshine? at least the community would know the motivation behind your vices was making some quick money because the economy has tanked. Even some cops turn a blind eye towards those types of things.

What is gained by enticing a child? the severe psychological and emotional problems the victim has could last a lifetime. Dang. even if Cochran is eventually found not guilty, his reputation as well as his family name is tarnished in this community. I know not every one who is charged with a crime is in fact guilty. Maybe he is, maybe he's not, but even being charged with child molestation makes you "look" guilty.

If you are a friend of Mr. Cochran, better hope he doesn't get Judge Beavers...

Edited by Angel Eyes

Look you have your rights and freedom of speach,where was the victims rights? The family in pain,the real pain is they should have turned him in sooner. Common decency is if he is convicted to be put in a cell with Barfly and teach him how to make love prison style.

He is in jail awaiting trial for a crime against a child,throw the key away if convicted.angry.gif

During the campaign I challenged Mrs. Cochran to make a public statement. She must have known about the investigation. She either could have voiced complete support for her husband or her comments could have assisted in the investigation. I am so sorry for her and her family, but she made a choice to pursue representing us citizens in our local government. With representation comes accountability.

I too hope THEY come up in front of Judge Beavers. He is an honest man.

I'm just glad Todd Pownall won fair and square. Saved the county yet another embarrassment at the hands of a GOP candidate.

When I heard the rumors I tried to get comment from Todd. He absolutely 100% refused to comment.

If she had of won we (Paulding County) would have been on the news again this morning.

I still believe in light of all the rumors she should have resigned from the race.

But that is just my opinion.

When I heard the rumors I tried to get comment from Todd. He absolutely 100% refused to comment.

If she had of won we (Paulding County) would have been on the news again this morning.

I still believe in light of all the rumors she should have resigned from the race.

I can't think why she didn't step aside prior to the run-off for two reasons: a) How do you keep this issue from distracting you from your campaign and future job; and 2) How in God's name can you function doing something as stressful as campaigning (I know it's county politics instead of national, but still) while all this is going on with your family? Guilty or not, it seems like it would just rip out your insides and not leave any energy or anything left to do anything but focus on this. I'm not saying she should have stepped aside...that's her choice. I just don't know how she managed to function.

Yes that was me I told everyone,nobody wanted to believe me. Now just kiss my lilly white buttninja.gif Can everyone hear me now!blink.gif

I believed you, why? Because as you know I already knew about it but there was no way I was gonna post about it or say anything on here about it why? Because it involved a child and at that time it was still he said she said. I figured if there was any basis of it being true enough for an investigation that it would come out on here sooner or later.

I have to say that Ms. Cochran is in no way responsible for the behavior of those around her.

For whatever reason she decided to run for public office, that reason was still there when this happened.

She had invested a lot of time, money, and effort on her campaign.

You may or may not like her or her politics, she did nothing to cause what happened.

Her life has been totally derailed, her life destroyed, she has lost an election.

Now we want to condemn her because she did not put her ambition aside due to someone else's behavior.

The rumors about this may have been what lost her the election, it was a very close race and this may have tipped the scales.

Why would she announce this knowing she would probably lose because of it? when she is not the one that did anything.

I agree, if I was her, I wouldnt have announced it in my campaign, I would have dropped out and dealt with this with my family. But, my concerns are with the child. I couldnt care less what pain any family is going through, IF they knew about it and did nothing. Kudos to the part of the family that "made comments to the investigators". Set the election aside, and this is a pure and despicable act, and any adult not wanting to go to hell, would have done anything possible to give this child justice as soon as possible. It would make me sick to find out she put the investigation on hold and held back information for a political campaign. IF this is true. As far as dropping her dreams for this? Why not??? It is a MAJOR family problem. If she cant put her own family first, why would we expect her to care about ours???

Of course this is all pure speculation, and my opinion. We shall see when/if he gets convicted, and more details arise.

We are not talking about her husband getting a DUI, or tax fraud, etc. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A CHILD!!! A child who is worth more than ANYONES reputation, campaign, job, or anything else.

Granted, this act can be carried out without a spouse knowing...for many years. I do feel bad for that part, but I dont feel bad for her if she refused to cooperate with authorities. If he didnt do it, then cooperate and prove him innocent. Wrong is wrong.

• Like 4

I agree, if I was her, I wouldnt have announced it in my campaign, I would have dropped out and dealt with this with my family. But, my concerns are with the child. I couldnt care less what pain any family is going through, IF they knew about it and did nothing. Kudos to the part of the family that "made comments to the investigators". Set the election aside, and this is a pure and despicable act, and any adult not wanting to go to hell, would have done anything possible to give this child justice as soon as possible. It would make me sick to find out she put the investigation on hold and held back information for a political campaign. IF this is true. As far as dropping her dreams for this? Why not??? It is a MAJOR family problem. If she cant put her own family first, why would we expect her to care about ours???

Of course this is all pure speculation, and my opinion. We shall see when/if he gets convicted, and more details arise.

We are not talking about her husband getting a DUI, or tax fraud, etc. WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A CHILD!!! A child who is worth more than ANYONES reputation, campaign, job, or anything else.

Granted, this act can be carried out without a spouse knowing...for many years. I do feel bad for that part, but I dont feel bad for her if she refused to cooperate with authorities. If he didnt do it, then cooperate and prove him innocent. Wrong is wrong.

I completely agree with you. I realize Beverly had no role in this, however she should have stepped aside or at least let us have an idea something bad could be coming down. If she knew the charges might be forthcoming, she should have been honest with the people she wanted to vote for her. To me, it's no different than what Stout did.

From what I understand her lack of cooperation is speculation.

Only those closest know what the facts are.

This is why I am uncomfortable with some comments, we have little or no facts or first hand information.

Speculation has a way of becoming fact on a message board.

I want to add that I am probably not one of Ms. Cochran's favorite people.

My remarks are intended to be fair as it would with anyone.

From what I understand her lack of cooperation is speculation.

Only those closest know what the facts are.

This is why I am uncomfortable with some comments, we have little or no facts or first hand information.

Speculation has a way of becoming fact on a message board.

I want to add that I am probably not one of Ms. Cochran's favorite people.

My remarks are intended to be fair as it would with anyone.

I'm glad I didn't have to vote in that race. I would have been thoroughly p*issed if I found out about the charges (she knew were forthcoming) after the election. She should have said something or stepped aside.

I'm glad I didn't have to vote in that race. I would have been thoroughly p*issed if I found out about the charges (she knew were forthcoming) after the election. She should have said something or stepped aside.

It was under investigation, charges were not pressed until the investigation was complete.

The thing is should the investigation prove the charges unfounded they would have to live with the stigma of the accusation.

I really intend to stay out of this thread, but did want to comment on the bold above.

The rumor I had heard was that the supposed issue was almost 2 years ago. If that holds true, then the speculation of dealing with it as soon as possible does come into play. I had felt that perhaps the "family" that brought this forward may have had an agenda tied to assuring she didn't win the election.

Also, folks need to remember that normally during an "investigation" you are asked not to discuss openly. It was really a wait and see situation as far as what the investigation would find - as with ALL investigations. There was nothing to disclose or discuss at that time, as LPPT said.

I am aware of several situations in which someone felt that they were molested - years after the supposed incident happened. A 4-5 year old girl went into the bathroom and opened the shower door on her stepfather. He screamed and screamed for someone to get her. She didn't understand, but probably felt like she was in trouble. Years later she claimed he molested her. I know very well that he did not.... but you never know what people remember, or twist in their minds because of guilt.

NOT to say that molestation doesn't occur, but we really do not have the facts.

Did any of you here have awkward moments - maybe an adult of the opposite sex showing you love/attention as you began to go through puberty or just before? I love my nephews. Hug and kiss them. They are 9 and 5. I know that the day will come real soon where society will deem it unappropriate to show them affection. I'll miss snuggling up to them on the couch and watching a movie. I feel they are babies (my babies...lol). But the time will come when innocent love shown to a child has to stop because they are growing up.

We are not aware of the situation and should be less than quick to judge lest we have to deal with something like this ourselves. I have faith this will work out for everyone involved, including the chid. But we should not judge so quickly a person who gave years to youth at church, and has many grandchildren.

The possibilites exist either way, I understand. I am a little biased, and I understand that too. Just try to step back from the way our world views everything today - don't convict folks now or in other cases until you know.

By the way - Pubby - I thought you had another thread for arrests to keep them somewhat out of the public eye. I find it to be a little low to throw pictures up and all. I had thought your past take on these issues were to not disclose unless someone is found guilty due to the stigma and hardships it causes them in the future.

• Like 2

I really intend to stay out of this thread, but did want to comment on the bold above.

The rumor I had heard was that the supposed issue was almost 2 years ago. If that holds true, then the speculation of dealing with it as soon as possible does come into play. I had felt that perhaps the "family" that brought this forward may have had an agenda tied to assuring she didn't win the election.

Also, folks need to remember that normally during an "investigation" you are asked not to discuss openly. It was really a wait and see situation as far as what the investigation would find - as with ALL investigations. There was nothing to disclose or discuss at that time, as LPPT said.

I am aware of several situations in which someone felt that they were molested - years after the supposed incident happened. A 4-5 year old girl went into the bathroom and opened the shower door on her stepfather. He screamed and screamed for someone to get her. She didn't understand, but probably felt like she was in trouble. Years later she claimed he molested her. I know very well that he did not.... but you never know what people remember, or twist in their minds because of guilt.

Did any of you here have awkward moments - maybe an adult of the opposite sex showing you love/attention as you began to go through puberty or just before? I love my nephews. Hug and kiss them. They are 9 and 5. I know that the day will come real soon where society will deem it unappropriate to show them affection. I'll miss snuggling up to them on the couch and watching a movie. I feel they are babies (my babies...lol). But the time will come when innocent love shown to a child has to stop because they are growing up.

We are not aware of the situation and should be less than quick to judge lest we have to deal with something like this ourselves. I have faith this will work out for everyone involved, including the chid. But we should not judge so quickly a person who gave years to youth at church, and has many grandchildren.

The possibilites exist either way, I understand. I am a little biased, and I understand that too. Just try to step back from the way our world views everything today - don't convict folks now or in other cases until you know.

By the way - Pubby - I thought you had another thread for arrests to keep them somewhat out of the public eye. I find it to be a little low to throw pictures up and all. I had thought your past take on these issues were to not disclose unless someone is found guilty due to the stigma and hardships it causes them in the future.

No, MEvans ... that is a topic that lists incidents and usually includes the victims names that I believe you refer. You'll note that this topic is not on the fastread like many I do when folks are arrested for dealing in child porn and the like. Those stories often make it into the video news too, along with horrific vehicular homicide cases, etc.

Prominence often is an element of newsworthiness, but this story is not being handled in any special way.

pubby

Giving years to youth at church and having grandchildren means nothing to me. Not to sound harsh, but that does not mean you're not a bad person. Things like this happen everyday. I know that during an investigation, people are told not to speak publicly. I am talking about speaking to authorities and how "SOME" family members commented to authorities. Why not "ALL" family members? Your comments are the exact reason so many people get away with it for so long. "He couldnt do that, he goes to church" "It must have been a misunderstanding on the childs part". Either way, the child comes first. No matter what. Dont step back from the way our world views things today. In the past, they swept these things under the rug to preserve the reputation of the family. That way of thinking is DONE, thankfully! It is the duty of adults to work with authorities to help innocent children. Any waiver from that is wrong. I did not convict him. I didnt say anthing about him. I said the family should be doing everything in their power to sort it out, not cover it up.

Giving years to youth at church and having grandchildren means nothing to me. Not to sound harsh, but that does not mean you're not a bad person. Things like this happen everyday. I know that during an investigation, people are told not to speak publicly. I am talking about speaking to authorities and how "SOME" family members commented to authorities. Why not "ALL" family members? Your comments are the exact reason so many people get away with it for so long. "He couldnt do that, he goes to church" "It must have been a misunderstanding on the childs part". Either way, the child comes first. No matter what. Dont step back from the way our world views things today. In the past, they swept these things under the rug to preserve the reputation of the family. That way of thinking is DONE, thankfully! It is the duty of adults to work with authorities to help innocent children. Any waiver from that is wrong. I did not convict him. I didnt say anthing about him. I said the family should be doing everything in their power to sort it out, not cover it up.

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

First let me say that I do not know Mr. Cochran, The Cochran Family, and I did not vote for Beverly Cochran for several reasons however, please remember that this man is innocent until proven guilty. As the family member of a person that was falsely accused of sexual assault, we found it to be the other way around. People assume guilt when sexual assault or molestation is involved. Praise God my family member was cleared of all charges and the accuser was found guilty of lying about the entire incident. While Mr. Cochran may be guilty, this has to be proven in a court of law. Just reminding everyone......

:clapping:

And I also said the supposed issue was over 2 years old. The "concerned" family were obviously not very concerned were they? They waited until July during an election involving Beverly to do this.

And I did say that there are bad folks out there that DO molest children, but that I have personal knowledge of more than 1 incident where the child WAS in fact lying. That WE should NOT be quick to judge and consider all sides.

• Like 1

And I also said the supposed issue was over 2 years old. The "concerned" family were obviously not very concerned were they? They waited until July during an election involving Beverly to do this.

And I did say that there are bad folks out there that DO molest children, but that I have personal knowledge of more than 1 incident where the child WAS in fact lying. That WE should NOT be quick to judge and consider all sides.

But I have been on the side where it really did happen. Their life was hell from that moment on, one child died of an OD at 28, the mom took her own life 15 years after it "came out", another one has 4 children that all live with their different fathers and the third child has had various issues her entire life........something like this doesn't go away after the arrest and trial. It's a life sentence for the entire family.

But I have been on the side where it really did happen. Their life was hell from that moment on, one child died of an OD at 28, the mom took her own life 15 years after it "came out", another one has 4 children that all live with their different fathers and the third child has had various issues her entire life........something like this doesn't go away after the arrest and trial. It's a life sentence for the entire family.

Agreed - especially the bolded part. That's why I was urging folks to not pass judgment so soon. We should at least give him the chance for the trial before anyone convicts him.

And, based on so many cirumstances, we should be kind to the family. ALL of the family (the child, her parents, Beverly and the rest of the Cochran family). You and I are both aware from both sides of this how damaging it can be. Wrongly accused or not.... everyone there needs prayers at this time, not condemnation unless found guilty.

• Like 1

MEvans you state

The "concerned" family were obviously not very concerned were they? They waited until July during an election involving Beverly to do this.

Have you talked with the "concerned" family regarding this quoted statement?

This is the most ignorant post of all time.

I am holding back with everything I have because there are a lot of things I want to call you right now. Don't you ever try to explain away child molestation as a misunderstanding on the child's part when someone was trying to show them love. You just proved yourself to be the dumbass I thought you were! :angry2:

• Like 2

Did it "alledgedly" happen 2 years ago, and concerned adults are just now finding out from the child?? Maybe the child should have waited until the election was over?? :wacko: I dont care if its an election or not, that has nothing to do with it. I dont care the reasoning for people speaking about it, as long as they did. Everyone in the "know" should have been trying to talk and resolve it as soon as possible for the sake of the child. Not for the sake of the reputation, or the sake of the election, or anything else. The child is no longer the liar first....that is old school.

• Like 2

I did not say this child is a liar.

I did not say this child misunderstood.

I am aware personally of situations where both of the above statements occurred.

I am ONLY saying folks should be a little more patient before crucifying someone.

Also, feelip - I 100% DO NOT molest children. My point was those sweet babies you love when they are young... there becomes a point where society/puberty/etc causes innocent attention to STOP. I don't want the kids to grow up to that point, but it happens. A natural progression of life.

It was actually a very logical post. Sorry you don't understand it.

• Like 1

OH GOOD LORD.............I am sure NOTHING every happens at chruches. <_< If a man of the cloth, molested his alter boys, I am sure the kids were not telling the truth. :blink: :wacko:

In my opinion cases involving children and molester, should be guilty until proven innocent.

I am aware personally of situations where both of the above statements occurred.

I am ONLY saying folks should be a little more patient before crucifying someone.

Also, feelip - I 100% DO NOT molest children. My point was those sweet babies you love when they are young... there becomes a point where society/puberty/etc causes innocent attention to STOP. I don't want the kids to grow up to that point, but it happens. A natural progression of life.

:bad: Folks should NOT be more patient. Folks should get involved and be 100% certain that a child is NOT being harmed. If I was being harmed, I wouldnt want folks to be patient, and give it some time before anyone spoke up for me.

I'm done here. I'm feeling very sick all of a sudden.

• Like 2

I am bowing out of this thread for now. I have been on both sides of this issue, I will wait to make any further comments until the TRUTH comes out. We know it will.

Until then, I can't help but believe a child was scared and confused at some point.

No, you just got called to the carpet for trying to make excuses for child molestation. There is not one damn thing logical about it.

• Like 2

:bad: Folks should NOT be more patient. Folks should get involved and be 100% certain that a child is NOT being harmed. If I was being harmed, I wouldnt want folks to be patient, and give it some time before anyone spoke up for me.

This isn't about the people helping the child being patient.

It is about all of you folks being patient before crucifying them.

Sometimes the accusation is true, sometimes it is not. We should be aware that both optioins are on the table in most cases, and not be so QUICK to judge. We must be PATIENT in waiting for the resolution. The child is obviously being taken care of as it should be at this time.

• Like 1

If this turns out to be true I hope the courts throw the book at him. I will wait for that to happen before I judge him. I don't have all of the facts. I am sure the court will get them and I will let the judge and jury convict him if he is guilty. Until then I will just pray for all involved, especially the child.

No, you just got called to the carpet for trying to make excuses for child molestation. There is not one damn thing logical about it.

I don't feel called to the carpet at all.

I didn't make an excuse for molestation. I simply said there are times where a situation can be and is misunderstood. It doesn't apply to all cases. You guys just prosecute everyone without trying to think of the other side.

I asked a question of the readers:

Has anyone ever had to figure out when the time is right to change the way you show affection to your children or nieces/nephews? Did you ever feel awkward growing up with adults in your life as it was time to change the way they show affection to you? I did. I'm sure I'm not alone. Did that make them a molester? Probably not. Just that as we get older, kisses and stuff are no longer appropriate.

Is it good to deal with it and bring it forward? Sure.

Are all situations evil/guilty? No.

Are all situations innoncent? No

But we are not being logical in processing this if we don't realize that some situations are not child molestaton while other situations are. You should be open or refrain from commenting so negatively until you know.

I too must leave this site. Sickening is a good word to describe it.

Sorry Pubby for any misunderstanding. Good luck in the future.

• Like 1

I have read all the above posts. Lots of good arguments on every side(and a few crazy ones, too). But I have to agree that the child comes first and ANYONE with ANY knowledge at all MUST step up and speak out and do EVERYTHING they can to get to the truth and to protect and help the child.

This story reads like a John Grisham novel set in the South. It's always the same when you get to the bottom of it...power, prestige, money, accusations, cover up, pulling strings in the "good ol boy" system(which Paulding knows a WHOLE lot about). It's just disgusting to think that this COULD have been covered up by more than a few adults and even worse, adults who are public servants and hold office in our local government that you and I put there. :bad:

I agree with EJ78, this makes me sick too. I hope and pray that this case falls into the right hands and justice can be served. It is very sad for the entire family. I hope he is not being accused wrongly but even more so, I hope the child involved at whatever level is getting the compassion and help they need.

Oh and I dont even live in Paulding but heard rumors of this before the election that ring pretty true to what we now know to be fact.

I don't feel called to the carpet at all.

I didn't make an excuse for molestation. I simply said there are times where a situation can be and is misunderstood. It doesn't apply to all cases. You guys just prosecute everyone without trying to think of the other side.

I asked a question of the readers:

Has anyone ever had to figure out when the time is right to change the way you show affection to your children or nieces/nephews? Did you ever feel awkward growing up with adults in your life as it was time to change the way they show affection to you? I did. I'm sure I'm not alone. Did that make them a molester? Probably not. Just that as we get older, kisses and stuff are no longer appropriate.

Is it good to deal with it and bring it forward? Sure.

Are all situations evil/guilty? No.

Are all situations innoncent? No

But we are not being logical in processing this if we don't realize that some situations are not child molestaton while other situations are. You should be open or refrain from commenting so negatively until you know.

I too must leave this site. Sickening is a good word to describe it.

Sorry Pubby for any misunderstanding. Good luck in the future.

I show affection to my children and nieces and nephews the same way now as I did when they were little. I hug and kiss and slobber all over them. Nobody's ever thought I was a child molester. How is showing affection as they get older not appropiate?

I have to say, there's no love, affection, attention, etc. that I will need to "alter" as my child changes ages. At 3, 10, 16, or 25, the love and affection I show him is ALWAYS appropriate.

I agree. Kids of all ages need hugs from their family members, unless those family members have something else in mind that is not appropriate.

I show affection to my children and nieces and nephews the same way now as I did when they were little. I hug and kiss and slobber all over them. Nobody's ever thought I was a child molester. How is showing affection as they get older not appropiate?

Yeah, I've been mulling this over as well. My behavior around my nephews has never altered, although their behavior has (they try to get out of the hugs as they get older, but I just squeeze them tighter...:D).