Paulding.com

Ray Cochran arrested for child molestation

The only thing I can say is that I have never heard of someone being accused of molestation for a simple hug or kiss. Also for the authorities to arrest him there must have been really good evidence. In general, people are not arrested on hear say. I hope and pray this child is able to get over this and move forward with a positive life.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ok I just want to say I told everyone so,na na na na na ok I feel better now.

Yes that was me I told everyone,nobody wanted to believe me. Now just kiss my lilly white butt Can everyone hear me now!

Wonder how the election on July 20 would have turned out if this happened earlier and it was Gregory and Pownall. That would have been fun.   We can thank the local garden club (GOP Party) for that.

The only thing I can say is that I have never heard of someone being accused of molestation for a simple hug or kiss. Also for the authorities to arrest him there must have been really good evidence. In general, people are not arrested on hear say. I hope and pray this child is able to get over this and move forward with a positive life.

You are correct. That is THE most important thing.

• Like 1

I have to say that Ms. Cochran is in no way responsible for the behavior of those around her.

For whatever reason she decided to run for public office, that reason was still there when this happened.

She had invested a lot of time, money, and effort on her campaign.

You may or may not like her or her politics, she did nothing to cause what happened.

Her life has been totally derailed, her life destroyed, she has lost an election.

Now we want to condemn her because she did not put her ambition aside due to someone else's behavior.

The rumors about this may have been what lost her the election, it was a very close race and this may have tipped the scales.

Why would she announce this knowing she would probably lose because of it? when she is not the one that did anything.

I feel complete disclosure would have gained her additional votes.

Either she;

1) had no knowledge of a crime.

2) had heard the rumors and knows her husband is innocent.

3) had heard the rumors, she was assisting the investigators and was assisting family to search out help.

I feel coming public with either # 1, 2 or 3 would have demonstrated her skills as a leader.

I hope a # 4 does not come to light... had heard the rumors and encouraged campaign staffers and family to keep quiet.

Wonder how the election on July 20 would have turned out if this happened earlier and it was Gregory and Pownall. That would have been fun.

We can thank the local garden club (GOP Party) for that. For putting another ethics issue candidate or ethics problem associated candidate in there. Becoming a bad habit.

Have they picked a winning candiate yet in the last 6 years...............Let's see: Ralph Reed...nope, JK rogers.....nope, Beverly Cochran.....nope, Ronney sibley.....nope, Glenn Richardson.....nope, Jerry shearin.........nope, and so on and so on. Is it just me or has most of them had ethics issues too. Looks like they need to find other people to take thier advice from or attach to. Seems they have lost touch with real America.

Maybe one day the local GOP will learn to get the G family and thier crew out of the party and then maybe they will have a winning/viable candidate and they will not drag other people down with them. This tarnished reputation will follow them for some time till they are gone.

Just my thougts from an outsider that used to be involved years ago.

I know some have had major ethical issues, but there are SOME local Rep. who have not had issues. I've never heard anything questionable about Howard Maxwell.

I am bowing out of this thread for now. I have been on both sides of this issue, I will wait to make any further comments until the TRUTH comes out. We know it will.

Until then, I can't help but believe a child was scared and confused at some point.

You can't be serious! what about the victim and are they confused. People are looking for everything except the point. There was a victim,where was there rights? Excuse me he should be hung up by his jewels,next how could Beverly not know? Also she is a wife and her husband went to jail for a crime,so she is involved. She tried to keep this secret untill after the election,she is as guilty as her other half.wacko.gif

You can't be serious! what about the victim and are they confused. People are looking for everything except the point. There was a victim,where was there rights? Excuse me he should be hung up by his jewels,next how could Beverly not know? Also she is a wife and her husband went to jail for a crime,so she is involved. She tried to keep this secret untill after the election,she is as guilty as her other half.wacko.gif

I agree, Animal. It's a horrendous thing to believe ANYONE could do to a child(not saying he is guilty)and it's hard for any of us to REALLY think about. But, again, the child should come first and if anyone knew and didnt disclose it because of the election(or any other reason), they should be prosecuted.

God help this child and this family.

Let's dispense with that Constitution thingy too. To hell with a presumption of innocence and that pesky jury trial nonsense!

• Like 1

Let's dispense with that Constitution thingy too. To hell with a presumption of innocence and that pesky jury trial nonsense!

Don't think that's the issue. It seems to be the posters that are insinuating the child might have had some fault in this that is getting everyone worked up. Innocent until proven guilty works great for the accused, but trying to place ANY blame on the victim at this point is ridiculous.

• Like 1

I believe this has been kept secret for a very very long time.

So why did this come out now. Why did they wait til the runoff to bring this out?? I have no horse in this race, but I would really like to understand about the timing of this.

So why did this come out now. Why did they wait til the runoff to bring this out?? I have no horse in this race, but I would really like to understand about the timing of this.

From what I have heard the timing of one had nothing to do with the other. I expect obtaining evidence and statements drove the timing.

Edited by mojo413

I have also heard rumors that this has been kept secret for a long time.

This is family business, I assume that only family has all the facts about what happened.

All of this is rumor until a family member with first hand information steps up under their real identity and takes responsibility for telling the public the truth.

What bothers me is that rumors become the truth if repeated to enough people.

I also believe timing wasn't an issue here. Had it been about politics......it would have been thrown out there at the first of the campaign. I also have no stake in PC politics. Don't live there! Grew up there though. The investigators wouldn't have arrested him without good evidence. This isn't a charge that's just thrown around.

This issue was raised before the primary,Pubby made a post on this several days before the July 20,2010

This issue was raised before the primary,Pubby made a post on this several days before the July 20,2010

Whitey:

It was alluded to before the election.

There was no discussion of the charges, only that a spouse was involved.

Some rumors suggested that it has been known since this past Christmas; other rumors that it was known inside the family for some time.

As far as I can tell authorities were only alerted to the situation in the weeks before the July 20 election.

What may be of interest is that sometimes things like elections bring out this kind of deportment.

Remember the case of ex-Sheriff Perry Grogan? He was the first Republican elected in Paulding County and was a 'family values' candidate who appeared on the 700 club, for instance. After a scandal involving missing evidence and allegations of bribery, he was defeated in 1992. He vowed to regain office and chose to run again in 1996. He was charged with child molestation in months leading up to the 1996 election. The crime apparently happened when Mr. Grogan was sheriff in 1991-1992 and that sordid affair was kept quiet until early 1996 when the victim, who was now 16, heard that Mr. Grogan was again running for sheriff.

Mr. Grogan suggested the allegations were politically inspired. He lost the vote in November and was convicted in December in part on a recorded phone call that had him promise to buy the 16 year old a new car if she'd keep quiet.

pubby

Whitey:

Some rumors suggested that it has been known since this past Christmas; other rumors that it was known inside the family for some time.

As far as I can tell authorities were only alerted to the situation in the weeks before the July 20 election.

What may be of interest is that sometimes things like elections bring out this kind of deportment.

Remember the case of ex-Sheriff Perry Grogan? He was the first Republican elected in Paulding County and was a 'family values' candidate who appeared on the 700 club, for instance. After a scandal involving missing evidence and allegations of bribery, he was defeated in 1992. He vowed to regain office and chose to run again in 1996. He was charged with child molestation in months leading up to the 1996 election. The crime apparently happened when Mr. Grogan was sheriff in 1991-1992 and that sordid affair was kept quiet until early 1996 when the victim, who was now 16, heard that Mr. Grogan was again running for sheriff.

Mr. Grogan suggested the allegations were politically inspired. He lost the vote in November and was convicted in December in part on a recorded phone call that had him promise to buy the 16 year old a new car if she'd keep quiet.

pubby

Wow I never have heard of those details about Perry Grogan.

I have also heard of the rumors that you mention in this case against Mr. Cochran.

I have stayed out of this thread and probably never should of made the post that I did, But I knew that the Investigation was made aware of before the RUNOFF not as naturegirl had stated.

I cannot imagine what these families are going through, And it has to be devasting to all the family members involved.

My prayers go out to all involved in this matter,And pray that justice prevail in this matter.

Wow I never have heard of those details about Perry Grogan.

I have also heard of the rumors that you mention in this case against Mr. Cochran.

I have stayed out of this thread and probably never should of made the post that I did, But I knew that the Investigation was made aware of before the RUNOFF not as naturegirl had stated.

I cannot imagine what these families are going through, And it has to be devasting to all the family members involved.

My prayers go out to all involved in this matter,And pray that justice prevail in this matter.

Only because your prior comments were moved.

Whitey:

pubby

Let me guess, Perry Grogan is in this thread because he claimed to be a Republican. dry.gif

Let me guess, Perry Grogan is in this thread because he claimed to be a Republican. dry.gif

No, I would assume Pubby posted those comments about Grogan based on the charges filed against Mr Cochran, and the possible political connection.

Must everything be Partisan ?

• Like 1

No, I would assume Pubby posted those comments about Grogan based on the charges filed against Mr Cochran, and the possible political connection.

Must everything be Partisan ?

There is no political connection between Mrs. Cochran and Mr. Grogan.

Not at all.

I brought that up because there was a four-year lapse between Mr. Grogan's crime and the girl coming forward. She probably wouldn't have come forward if Perry had not sought to regain the job as sheriff - a very powerful political position that he abused once with her.

The point is/was that when folks show political ambition, things that might lie dormant otherwise are often brought to the surface.

It was nothing to do with Republicans. It has to do with Paulding and the fact that a lot of folks remember that incident.

pubby

Edited to add that Ray Cochran is out on bail. I had no doubt that he'd make the $5,700 bond.

pubby