Paulding.com

Footloose Movie Open Casting Call

The open casting call for extras in the new Footloose movie will be from 12:00-1:00 tomorrow (Saturday) at Main St Antiques in downtown Hiram. The casting company will be taking photos and info tomorrow and select extras at a later date. The movie will be filmed in Hiram and several other cities in Ga. The casting call they had in Covington Thursday attracted over 1000 people . It was on Fox 5 News last night. This is certainly some positive news for our city and county.

The open casting call for extras in the new Footloose movie will be from 12:00-1:00 tomorrow (Saturday) at Main St Antiques in downtown Hiram. The casting company will be taking photos and info tomorrow and select extras at a later date. The movie will be filmed in Hiram and several other cities in Ga. The casting call they had in Covington Thursday attracted over 1000 people . It was on Fox 5 News last night. This is certainly some positive news for our city and county.

If it is from 12-1 what would be the best time to go ? I have never done this before and I know there is not much parking downtown Hiram..and advice ?

They could just come to the ball feild and ask the players and cheerleadeaders parents. That's where well all be. Or they only looking for high school kids? That's how my oldest kids and their baseball team got to be extras on a film back in the early 90's.

Edited by gog8tors

Tide Girl, I don't know how long it will be, but it shouldn't be too long since they start shooting soon. Where were you in line? My friend and I were up toward the front about 20 people back.

Good luck to you as well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed too!!!

WE heard that they will be at the Presbyterian church in Cartersville tomorrow 12-2.Or you can email photos and info to bigfootatl@gmail.com .Great turnout in Hiram today . About 250 people. Thanks to Hiram officials and police everthing went very smooth.

Tide Girl, I don't know how long it will be, but it shouldn't be too long since they start shooting soon. Where were you in line? My friend and I were up toward the front about 20 people back.

Good luck to you as well, I'm keeping my fingers crossed too!!!

I hope it won't be long... we were int he very front I was number 3 or 4 to go in .. I had on a black dress with white polka dots on it ... I don't think it will be to long either.. (hopefully) How many people do you think showed up today? And How many people do you think they will pick from today? Thanks !!

WE heard that they will be at the Presbyterian church in Cartersville tomorrow 12-2.Or you can email photos and info to bigfootatl@gmail.com .Great turnout in Hiram today . About 250 people. Thanks to Hiram officials and police everthing went very smooth.

everything did go smooth.. I was in the front of the line and left fairly early but I had no idea there were that many people there.. didn't look like alot when I left. alot of folks must have came later .

I read about this - but it looked like teenagers couldn't come to the casting call - but they wanted high school cheerleaders and jocks in uniform. ??? My cheerleader is interested. Should I bring him?

My daughter cheers as well and wanted to go but the person said they have to be 18 :(

In case anyone is interested in going to the casting call tomorrow.....it will be at the ACWORTH Presbyterian Church. Time is 12:15 - 2:00 pm. Bill Marinella (who is in charge of the extras casting) said do NOT arrive early, per the pastor's request. They will end church at 12, and don't want to take anyone until after 12:15.

Just FYI - I was at the casting call today in Hiram. I arrived a few minutes before 12pm, waited in line, and finished about 1:15. I called a friend who had wanted to come, but was afraid she was too late. I told her to come on, that they would still take her info. She arrived at 1:15, and was in and out in less than 20 minutes. If you go to the call, they will see you! It's a lot of fun!