Paulding.com

DID YOU GET A BROWN BAG ON YOUR MAILBOX?

Inside a plastic bag?

With a rubber band to hang on the mailbox?

With a flyer inside that said "Vote for Beverly Cochran"?

I did.

All I could think was how much that must have cost.

The flyer, the brown bag, the plastic, the rubber band, somebody to stuff and somebody to put them out.

Anyway, I VOTED early and I DID NOT VOTE for Beverly.

Has anyone noticed that Karen Handle and Beverly are using GREEN for their campaign colors?

Look folks,she is very desperate. This is so similar to the Jerry tubes,remember. I thought he would coach her better than that since he is a very close consultant of hers. A clear case of Daddy's girl,and maybe the same results.yahoo.gif

Illegal to put it inside the box.

The U.S. Postal Code prohibits any non-mail from being placed inside or in any way affixed to the exterior of a residential or business mailbox. This includes on the body, door, flap, pole or flag of the mailbox.

• Like 1
The U.S. Postal Code prohibits any non-mail from being placed inside or in any way affixed to the exterior of a residential or business mailbox. This includes on the body, door, flap, pole or flag of the mailbox.

But federal law only prohibits placing anything inside a mailbox.

All I could think was how much that must have cost.

Doesn't sound very expensive to me. Not with the onslaught of slick political mailers I've received at my house. So far, I've amassed quite a collection. Could have probably funded a few schools with what they cost.

My bad.

So WHO enforces this? I also hate when a subdivision has clearly stated "no soliciting" signs posted and all the junk is still placed on the driveway or mailbox, including political crap.

So WHO enforces this? I also hate when a subdivision has clearly stated "no soliciting" signs posted and all the junk is still placed on the driveway or mailbox, including political crap.

That isn't necessarily solicitation. To solicite is to request that one do something. So if someone places a flyer on your mailbox that serves only to make you aware of a business's services, this is not technically solicitation.

Doesn't sound very expensive to me. Not with the onslaught of slick political mailers I've received at my house. So far, I've amassed quite a collection. Could have probably funded a few schools with what they cost.

My bad.

I tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't let me.

Is there any way I could get those ads from you? I'd be happy to meet you whereever is convenient :)

If you have enough volunteers and enough printers then it costs the volunteers. That is truly grassroots. I see nothing wrong with campaigning for the candidate of your choice. I hate it when anyone tapes anything to my mailbox or my house. I will not do business with them and most likely will not vote for them if they do it.

Why is this thread here and not in the Political Section?

Pay attention to the rules dude.

Local politics fall under the General Countywide news and/or the Internet Cafe. Until it moves to DC related discussions.

Like 90% of the other crap that gets tapes to mine no one really thinks about it. I think it is that they can't put stuff inside/

I thought it was against the law to put something on a mailbos without a permit from the post office????

I tried to send you a PM, but it wouldn't let me.

Is there any way I could get those ads from you? I'd be happy to meet you whereever is convenient :)

Sure, if you need them.

I probably need to clean out the PM box since I'm no longer a paying member. I'm sure it reduced the number of PMs I'm allowed to have.

Sure, if you need them.

I probably need to clean out the PM box since I'm no longer a paying member. I'm sure it reduced the number of PMs I'm allowed to have.

If you don't mind, send me a PM when you get a chance and I'll figure out how to get them from you :)

Pay attention to the rules dude.

Local politics fall under the General Countywide news and/or the Internet Cafe. Until it moves to DC related discussions.

BS

It should be either in Countywide news and/or Political Forum area.

• Like 1

it is illegal. I know someone personally who had some hanger type flyers to be stuck on mailbox post and that's exactly where he stuck them. He had the post master from the D'ville office call him and told him that he could fine him $50 for each one stuck to the mailbox POST! He was told that the USPS ownes the box and the post. Nothing is allowed to be stuck on it... period.

Reason #2 I won't vote for her. She should have known the law about putting stuff on peoples mailboxes. Don't say it was her campaign people. Because if she can't run her campaign peeps...she can't handle the people in her district.

BS

It should be either in Countywide news and/or Political Forum area.

That may be your opinion, but on p.com, that is the way it has always been. Past elections and this one.

If it is local politics from commission to the gold dome it does NOT have to go to the Polical Forum.

it is illegal. I know someone personally who had some hanger type flyers to be stuck on mailbox post and that's exactly where he stuck them. He had the post master from the D'ville office call him and told him that he could fine him $50 for each one stuck to the mailbox POST! He was told that the USPS ownes the box and the post. Nothing is allowed to be stuck on it... period.

Reason #2 I won't vote for her. She should have known the law about putting stuff on peoples mailboxes. Don't say it was her campaign people. Because if she can't run her campaign peeps...she can't handle the people in her district.

gee a polititian (or their minions) breaking the law...hard to fathom

LOVE IT!!!!