Paulding.com

I can't take it anymore!

Alright, previously preggo ladies....fix me. I've tried mustard, ginger ale (which sort of works, but gives me crazy heartburn), ginger snap cookies, saltines, eating smaller meals...the only thing that seems to not make me sick is cantaloupe and I certainly can't live off of cantaloupe for the next 30 or so weeks.

I had this same problem with Mini-Me...stayed sick 24/7. The only way to make it even somewhat tolerable was to just munch on little things all the time. The end result was an 84lb weight gain over the course of 42 weeks. I'm already up 15lbs and haven't even hit the second trimester yet. rolleyes.gif Saaave me from this nausea. bad.gif

I took Zofran for 8 months. My insurance company hated me.

I wish I could help, but I was in that boat too!

I have another appointment Tuesday...I'm begging for Zofran. They gave me another anti-nausea med, but it knocks me out...alot of good that does while in class. wacko.giflaugh.gif

I have another appointment Tuesday...I'm begging for Zofran. They gave me another anti-nausea med, but it knocks me out...alot of good that does while in class. wacko.giflaugh.gif

I LOST so much weight that I had to take something that was instant.

Zofran is expensive and my insurance company required a doctor to complete a form before filling EACH prescription.

Chewable Papaya..............a life saver.

Get it from GNC because they carry the fruity stuff. The papaya at wallyworld is minty.

Since Papaya is a fruit it is fine for the baby.

And............it is cheap. :blush:

I'm sorry, I have no advice!! The only thing that helped me, was to eat--and it didnt help me in the long run, many pounds later.

With my first, the office I worked in at my company still allowed smoking. But ONLY in the dispatch office, and thats where I was. Everyone came in there to smoke. One girl came in and was sitting there smoking, and said to me "Oh my goodness, you look so green!" And I'm thinking-"No kidding, I wonder why".

It was my first real job, and didnt want to complain, and have them get rid of me because I was a risk or something. Finally, my boss said something, and the smoking was sent outside!

Zofran is no longer expensive... It used to be really high... Now it is only like 28.00 for twenty I believe... Before it was like 180.00..

Hope you get something that helps... That's a horrible feeling...

It was like $700 for 20 when I got it. I only had to pay my copay ($25). The generic for it wasn't approved until December of 2006....the month I stopped having to take it! <_< Generics drive the price of name brands way down!

I guess it was about 2008 when we paid the 180.00. (we have to pay for medicine then send in an invoice to the ins co) Then last month it was only 28.00... I would have died if I had to buy it in 2006... You were not kidding when you said it was high! Lol

I LOST so much weight that I had to take something that was instant.

Zofran is expensive and my insurance company required a doctor to complete a form before filling EACH prescription.

Zofran is (finally!) available as a generic now :)

I took Zofran for 8 months. My insurance company hated me.

I wish I could help, but I was in that boat too!

Yup, sick from day 1 with both mine, Zofran was definatly my best friend cause it doesnt make you tired like phenergan :) Now zofran has a generic so maybe the insurance wont dislike you :)

Try the coca cola syrup. It is with the Pepto Bismol etc for anti nausea. It is very sweet but works. Another similar is Emetrol but you need to check with your dr. before taking it. I was never pregnant when I took it so I am not sure it is on the approved list for pregnant moms.

Chewable Papaya..............a life saver.

Get it from GNC because they carry the fruity stuff. The papaya at wallyworld is minty.

Since Papaya is a fruit it is fine for the baby.

And............it is cheap. blush.gif

I agree with this. When on our honeymoon in Maui (2000) I found out that papaya has a natural enzyme in it that reduces stomach acid. I have had heartburn/acid stomach issues since I was a teenager and it does seem to help.

Go to Publix in produce dept and look for Mykoto brand Japanese dressing. They are loaded with fresh ginger. Even if you don't want a salad, you can take it by the teaspoon! Trust me!! Also seabands work great.

I LIVED on Tums and fruit during my first trimester. I lost weight, but baby was still very healthy =) My only advice is to eat often...you'll feel worse with an empty stomach. It'll pass soon enough!

Tums were awesome....I'd buy the HUGE bottles of like 500......

Mine wasn't so much morning sickness - it was anything in life sickness. Couldn't touch/see raw meat, couldnt stand the smells of many cooking foods, gas fumes, cigarettes smoke (restaurants still had smoking sections), hairspray - pretty much anything that was "strong". My hairdresser was a doll - would come in to the shop a couple of hours before it opened so he could cut my hair because I'd puke if I had try to sit there while the shop was in full swing. The last 2 haircuts were in his kitchen with his wife & kids watching....Good luck.....the baby is worth it all!

Try the coca cola syrup. It is with the Pepto Bismol etc for anti nausea. It is very sweet but works. Another similar is Emetrol but you need to check with your dr. before taking it. I was never pregnant when I took it so I am not sure it is on the approved list for pregnant moms.

I too was gonna suggest Emetrol. My pregnant daughter (due any day now) took this medicine for ALL day sickness almost daily for the first 3-4 months. She's says it works GREAT!

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'm glad I have a new list to try. laugh.gif

I too was gonna suggest Emetrol. My pregnant daughter (due any day now) took this medicine for ALL day sickness almost daily for the first 3-4 months. She's says it works GREAT!

Is Emetrol OTC or prescription?

Keep a box of saltines by your bedside. Eat a few BEFORE you get out of bed. Before your feet ever hit the floor.

My doc recommended this and it did seem to help in the mornings.

Sorry your feeling so terrible!

Good news is: my Grandma used to say that morning sickness was a sign of a healthy baby! It means your body is doing all the right things it's supposed to be doing!

Keep a box of saltines by your bedside. Eat a few BEFORE you get out of bed. Before your feet ever hit the floor.

Good news is: my Grandma used to say that morning sickness was a sign of a healthy baby! It means your body is doing all the right things it's supposed to be doing![/quot

I was going to say that! At least you can be sure that everything is going right (as far as your hormones go, anyway!). :)

I hope some of these work for you! I tried Zofran and Phenegran and everything in between. I was able to keep MAYBE 4 meals down my entire pregnancy. I even got sick with the last meal I ate right before giving birth. I am praying the next pregnancy is completely opposite. Of course weighing less after birth than i did before I got pregnant was a plus. Lol!

I don't remember if I even knew you were pregnant, so congrats! :yahoo:

My mom works for an OB and they that morning sickness is a good sign. I know that doesn't help the immediate problem.

My sister in law had horrible all day sickness. The gave her something short but also changed her pre-natals. She had gone through all the different ones trying to find the ones that would not make her sick. He finally changed her to some type of Flintstones vitamin. He said that it contained the same stuff, but in a lower dose. That did the trick. she has a very healthy 5yo.

I hope some of these work for you! I tried Zofran and Phenegran and everything in between. I was able to keep MAYBE 4 meals down my entire pregnancy. I even got sick with the last meal I ate right before giving birth. I am praying the next pregnancy is completely opposite. Of course weighing less after birth than i did before I got pregnant was a plus. Lol!

I don't remember if I even knew you were pregnant, so congrats! :yahoo:

My "morning" sickness started when I was about 2 weeks along (I thought it was the flu) and it didn't stop until I got my epidural. I became a morning sickness master, I knew exactly where I could pull over on my way to work to throw up and the fastest way to get to every bathroom in our office, at the mall, and in most restaurants. I even carried small trash bags and mouth wash in my purse everywhere I went. I would stop, throw up, rinse, and then go back to whatever I was doing. I tried four different prescription drugs and every home remedy imaginable and nothing worked.

P.S. I practically lived off of mashed potatoes during my pregnancy and had to stay completely away from chocolate - for me, nothing would make me more sick than chocolate or even the smell of chocolate.

ETA: LGM, don't eat a lot of mustard. Mustard is one of the things that poison control recommends to help you throw up.

Edited by LisaC

they have those prego pops....I have heard mixed reviews on those. I never tried them.

The first pregnancy wasn't too bad, I only had "morning sickness" for about 5 weeks.

My second was awful! for like 5 months! I tried every remedy I heard! Dill pickels :unsure: , ginger, frequent meals Emotrol...none of that worked for me. Finally I started living off of Orange Juice and constantly sipping on sprite or sucking on peppermints (or any hard candy) it seemed to be the only thing that some what worked for me. (and the saltines by your bed before you even move in the morning!)

I hope you find something that helps. I know it's miserable.

Good news is: my Grandma used to say that morning sickness was a sign of a healthy baby! It means your body is doing all the right things it's supposed to be doing!

this worked for me! well i had pretzels or cheerios. I have also heard that strong symptoms are a sign of a healthy pregnancy. I only had morning sickness with one of mine and it was horrible :( i hope it passes for you quickly.

I was sick the entire time also and the only thing that helped me was a Reglan pump that I had to inject like a small IV in my leg and had to change from leg to leg every other day. I hated having to stick myself but it was much better than being sick all the time. It was also the only way I could still work.

I second the lemons. I had an older lady suggest it to me when I was sick. I doubted it would help, but it was all I needed. I carried cut up lemons everywhere. As soon as the nausea started, I pulled out a lemon slice and within 10 seconds, the nausea stopped.

LGM, do everything you can to stay away from drugs. I don't care what the docs say about stuff being "safe". The more I learn (much of doctor's "education" is funded by the pharmacuetical companies), the less I trust what my dr tells me.

I know ginger is a great anti-nausea agent. Maybe you can find a way to take it that doesn't involve the soda.

I second the lemons. I had an older lady suggest it to me when I was sick. I doubted it would help, but it was all I needed. I carried cut up lemons everywhere. As soon as the nausea started, I pulled out a lemon slice and within 10 seconds, the nausea stopped.

LGM, do everything you can to stay away from drugs. I don't care what the docs say about stuff being "safe". The more I learn (much of doctor's "education" is funded by the pharmacuetical companies), the less I trust what my dr tells me.

I know ginger is a great anti-nausea agent. Maybe you can find a way to take it that doesn't involve the soda.

My grandmother had me try the lemons. Thank God for old wives tales and home medicines.

Alright, previously preggo ladies....fix me. I've tried mustard, ginger ale (which sort of works, but gives me crazy heartburn), ginger snap cookies, saltines, eating smaller meals...the only thing that seems to not make me sick is cantaloupe and I certainly can't live off of cantaloupe for the next 30 or so weeks.

I had this same problem with Mini-Me...stayed sick 24/7. The only way to make it even somewhat tolerable was to just munch on little things all the time. The end result was an 84lb weight gain over the course of 42 weeks. I'm already up 15lbs and haven't even hit the second trimester yet. rolleyes.gif Saaave me from this nausea. bad.gif

I always kept peppermint candy with me and when I started feeling the nausea, i would pop one in my mouth.. it worked for me. Oh yeah, saltines in your purse, so you can eat them when you feel ookie too!

Earth Mama Angel Baby

That Happy Mama spray helped me somewhat with my soon to be 2 year old. Hot ginger tea helped a little with my 8 year old. I have 4 kids, 2 girls then 2 boys. I was sick the entire pregnancy with the girls and NOTHING helped. Nothing at all. I started out sick with the boys, then it just stopped by maybe 14 weeks. I'm not sure if it got better because of the "remedies" or if it was because they were boys.

Best of luck to you, I know it sucks!