Paulding.com

WILL TODD POWNALL WALK THE WALK?

Bella,

I think you are asking yourself and answering the same question that a lot of people are starting to wonder. Why? Why does David want Todd on the board so much- and why does Todd want on he board so badly he's willing to do it for 'free'. These people are too eager. What is the agenda that King David is afraid that someone like Beverly would "hold back the commission" on? If drawing a paycheck on the county (taxpayer) dime is so bad, then why is David doing it? So drawing a government paycheck is a bad thing? Attention all teachers. firemen, cops, judges, water employees, sewer employees, DOT employees, etc.- apparently you are all evil! It was a cheap shot, but it underlines how desperate David is to get Todd on the board. Why?

A republic form of government is centered on checks and balances. If King Jerry had the balance tipped too much one way then that was bad. If his administration is to blame for so much of the bad things in the county then was it because he had his finger on the scale, tipping it too much? David's support for Todd is just that- attempting to put his finger on the scale. I thought post commissioners were supposed to be placed in their position by the will of their people, to represent their people. When did the chairman get a say in that (and before you get started on dredging up the past Surepip, if King Jerry did that regarding a post commission race it was wrong too). Yes, politicians endorse one another across political boundaries, but they don't do it in their own back yard.

The question remains- why does King David want Todd on the board so badly that the is wiling to 'jump the shark' and pay a significant amount of money out of his on pocket to help him do it? And why does Todd want it so badly? And why does everyone seem to so easily forget that Todd was heavily involved in David's campaign? He isn't some guy of the street who 'took on the commission'. He's a 'business partner' of David- and David wants the citizens of post 2 to formalize that partnership. Why?

You call an ad in the Dallas New Era a significant amount of money? Like $50 oh please. And what business does Todd and David have except cleaning Jerry Shearin's clock in the last election. Get your facts straight.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

NG, For the better part of 12 years we had no check and balances with Bill Carruth and Jerry Shearin. They had a solid 3 vote, or more control for their entire tenure except Jerry's last 5 months wit

Todd knows how to walk the walk and talk the talk. He tells it straight, doesn't beat around the bush. Very upstanding and honest, has more integrity than most. I'm just not sure how he fits in to

Amazing...... Here we have an administration that uses the old scare tactic of raising taxes if SPLOST doesn't pass. Now that they got SPLOST passed, we'll get a tax increase anyway. If this happened

Talk about paranoid schizophrenia........

When there are individuals like Tommie Graham and Todd Pownall on a BOC, Mr. Austin is not going to "control" them. These guys are all very well spoken and not afraid to ruffle feathers. Unlike the spineless commissioners Jerry was able to influence, these guys are not "yes" men.

But then again you know this, you are just slinging sh*t hoping some of it sticks.

And you're not?

Amazing...... Here we have an administration that uses the old scare tactic of raising taxes if SPLOST doesn't pass. Now that they got SPLOST passed, we'll get a tax increase anyway. If this happened a few years ago the same crowd on here saying it isn't really a tax increase would be calling for the head of every commissioner, calling them crooks, liars, thieves and waiting for the investigation that would magically come and throw them all in the pokey. Where can I get some of that Kool-Aid?

You certainly NAILED that one!

Looks like your feathers are getting ruffled a bit there feelip. Those good ole boys just have different faces and they aren't fooling the voters.

Glad you've figured it out! Eventually the other people on here giving King David a pass on this sneaky tax increase will realize that Carruth is still pulling the strings behind the scenes like he has for the past 15 years, though they will probably never admit it and will continue to make excuses for the same thing they based Shearin for.

Glad you've figured it out! Eventually the other people on here giving King David a pass on this sneaky tax increase will realize that Carruth is still pulling the strings behind the scenes like he has for the past 15 years, though they will probably never admit it and will continue to make excuses for the same thing they based Shearin for.

One things for sure, Will Avery isn't owned by anyone. If this county wants true, unbiased representation they should be voting for Avery in November.

If you can show me some proof of Carruth calling any shots I will vote against any of his puppets.

One things for sure, Will Avery isn't owned by anyone. If this county wants true, unbiased representation they should be voting for Avery in November.

If you can show me some proof of Carruth calling any shots I will vote against any of his puppets.

Will Avery is a huge Obama-loving progressive liberal. That will all be revealed this fall.

You sir, are a damn fool. That has already been revealed.

That my friend is the understatement of the year.

RR just needs his bud PT/Ithey back to echo his sentiments. I used to like Reagan, but with RR's avatar, I am beginning to loath all that group stood and stands for. Might as well put Virginia Galloway's photo there instead.

That my friend is the understatement of the year.

RR just needs his bud PT/Ithey back to echo his sentiments. I used to like Reagan, but with RR's avatar, I am beginning to loath all that group stood and stands for. Might as well put Virginia Galloway's photo there instead.

To my knowledge, Virginia isn't on here making ugly comments about you. Why must you continue?

Clean out your PM box... 8)

rofl.gif I was just working on that. (And thinking of you since I saw some old exchanges between us.) I haven't renewed my membership so I have to work with a smaller in box. ;) Let me know if I didn't clear enough.

I'm ready for new blood.

I don't vote party lines. I may vote Democrat, I may vote Republican, it depends on the person.

I know there are some I WILL NOT vote for, and I DIDN'T vote for Paulette, nor Beverly, nor Drew.

As I've stated, I VOTED early and I VOTED for TODD POWNALL.

I WILL be VOTING for WILL AVERY in the general election.

I'm ready for new blood.

I don't vote party lines. I may vote Democrat, I may vote Republican, it depends on the person.

I know there are some I WILL NOT vote for, and I DIDN'T vote for Paulette, nor Beverly, nor Drew.

As I've stated, I VOTED early and I VOTED for TODD POWNALL.

I WILL be VOTING for WILL AVERY in the general election.

Well Okay! You can vote for anyone you please.

Yep, and we will work hard to get some real hope and more change in every working person's pocket. The new kid is not helping to do that very well!

And then I will be siding with you (and Ithy and Reagan Republican,,,I just threw up a little).

Even if its Sarah Palin? :lol:

I am voting for ABO in the next presidential election. Anyone But Obama.

That's the only way I would have ever voted for John McCain last time. I am hoping the pubs will put a real republican candidate up this time and not try to find a luke warm conservative to court the middle of the road democrats.

I am voting for ABO in the next presidential election. Anyone But Obama.

That's the only way I would have ever voted for John McCain last time. I am hoping the pubs will put a real republican candidate up this time and not try to find a luke warm conservative to court the middle of the road democrats.

You hit the nail on the head. Exactly right. To the point.

We are not that stupid I hope. She won't be President.

That's what she's doing now......she's getting ready to run.

who else would run?

Mitt Romney?

I mean, I can't really think of anyone I would (could) vote for except Mitt.

That's what she's doing now......

who else would run?

Mitt Romney?

I mean, I can't really think of anyone I would (could) vote for except Mitt.

I am looking at Tim Pawlenty and Paul Ryan among others. Who knows what great candidate will rise to the top by 2012.