Paulding.com

First Annual City of Dallas SummerFest

Our First Annual City of Dallas SummerFest is this Sunday from 12-8pm and we will have a movie starting at 8:30pm which will be "Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs". We will have vendors and food items along with people selling handmade crafts. Carnival Promotions will be out with several large inflatables and water slides. You can pay as you jump or they will have wristbands for purchase. We will also have games and free crafts for the children to do.

We will be raffling off several items on Sunday as well. 2 full face motorcycle helmets, a patriotic birdhouse, a Georgia Rug, 2 tickets to Cotton Patch Gospel at the Dallas Theatre, and a Pool Pass for up to a family of 4 for the 2011 season at Sara Babb Pool. All raffles will be $1.00.

The admission to the pool will be FREE on Sunday August 1st.

I know we were a vendor there and there was NO ONE stopping by.

I was a vendor as well. Which one were you selling/doing?

I had a small Premier Designs jewelry table set up. I think only about 40 people total walked by our table! :huh: So, we ended up leaving around 4ish because it was just too darn hot and we were getting a little sick from the heat.

I was a vendor as well. Which one were you selling/doing?

I had a small Premier Designs jewelry table set up. I think only about 40 people total walked by our table! :huh: So, we ended up leaving around 4ish because it was just too darn hot and we were getting a little sick from the heat.

We had the pillow case dresses, tutu's and stuff like that we were like the 1st or 2nd booth when you came in

We had the pillow case dresses, tutu's and stuff like that we were like the 1st or 2nd booth when you came in

I wish I had known you were there. I would have loved to met you. Me and my sister were down on the end with our jelly/pickles and plarn purses, next the the Tastefully Simple table. I walked around and probably said Hi to you, but I didn't know it was you.

Edited to add: We left around 5:30. There was a semi dark cloud coming and we heard thunder. That was our cue to go. We continuely drank water, but it was soooooo hot.

Edited by Mrs. Jack Russell

The heat probably kept everyone away.

:huh: There are plenty of trees...dont understand the heat part.

Maybe it should have been at the square in town... IDK, just saying...more of a central location...more traffic..

I would have attended if it were there.

Too much of a walk (when you're handicapped) at Sara Babb

:huh: There are plenty of trees...dont understand the heat part.

Maybe it should have been at the square in town... IDK, just saying...more of a central location...more traffic..

I would have attended if it were there.

Too much of a walk (when you're handicapped) at Sara Babb

It was 96 degrees in the shade, humidity was very high, and the vendors were not placed in and under any trees. I felt sorry for them. I would have packed up and left way sooner than they did. I only stayed 1.5 hours and was miserable. We even got in the pool.

It was 96 degrees in the shade, humidity was very high, and the vendors were not placed in and under any trees. I felt sorry for them. I would have packed up and left way sooner than they did. I only stayed 1.5 hours and was miserable. We even got in the pool.

I wonder....and I am not being ugly when I ask...

But I wonder how much time and thought was actually spent on 'planning' this event?

It seems, Dallas is always 'half-assed' when they plan events.

Hiram seems to be on the spot with their events.....and they're not even the county seat!

Its a shame too, because Dallas has a beautiful square/downtown area.

I wonder....and I am not being ugly when I ask...

But I wonder how much time and thought was actually spent on 'planning' this event?

It seems, Dallas is always 'half-assed' when they plan events.

Hiram seems to be on the spot with their events.....and they're not even the county seat!

Its a shame too, because Dallas has a beautiful square/downtown area.

Agreed. Wasn't handled or marketed properly.

The heat probably kept everyone away.

I think the heat no doubt was PART of the issue but it was also the day it was on it was on a Sunday the weekend before school starts. Everyone was either at church or school shopping. You couldn't even see the sign at the road until you totally passed it. I think if it were more planned out and more thought put into it, it could of been a bigger success for them. I don't know how many of the vendors sold anything but we for one didn't sell anything. It was kind of a waste of time and money but atleast it went for charity.

My friend and I were set up next to each other. Neither one of us sold anything, nor got any kind of business leads.

My husband was bringing my 5YO up to play on the jumpy things, but really wasn't sure where the park was at...passed right by it TWICE cause he never saw the sign since it was so small.

I am hoping that this is a lesson learned and that more time will be spent on planning if they do it next year. As a vendor, I was totally confused and did not feel prepared from the lack of communication from the organizers. I sent in the application, waited to get the vendor packet in the mail (as the app stated I would get), and then ended up having to contact the organizers myself to find out if I was signed up or not. That was four days before the event.

It definitely needs to be held in early June (a little bit cooler temps, and that is truly summer). This past Sunday is too close to school starting back, so it really didn't seem to be a summer fest (minus the blazing temps!)

I know it sounds like I am just complaining, but I figure it will give the organizers some tips to think about for future events. :pardon:

But, I did enjoy meeting a few other vendors and talking with them. Plus, I got to spend the day with a good friend!

My friend and I were set up next to each other. Neither one of us sold anything, nor got any kind of business leads.

My husband was bringing my 5YO up to play on the jumpy things, but really wasn't sure where the park was at...passed right by it TWICE cause he never saw the sign since it was so small.

I am hoping that this is a lesson learned and that more time will be spent on planning if they do it next year. As a vendor, I was totally confused and did not feel prepared from the lack of communication from the organizers. I sent in the application, waited to get the vendor packet in the mail (as the app stated I would get), and then ended up having to contact the organizers myself to find out if I was signed up or not. That was four days before the event.

It definitely needs to be held in early June (a little bit cooler temps, and that is truly summer). This past Sunday is too close to school starting back, so it really didn't seem to be a summer fest (minus the blazing temps!)

I know it sounds like I am just complaining, but I figure it will give the organizers some tips to think about for future events. :pardon:

But, I did enjoy meeting a few other vendors and talking with them. Plus, I got to spend the day with a good friend!

We felt the same way. I guess it is a lesson learned...didn't they say 94.9 the bull would be there also?