Paulding.com

Ray Culberson died today surrounded by the love of his family. He served his country. He protected

this county. And he transported many children home safely in this county. But most of all he loved and

was loved by many. We his family will forever miss him. We know he is now at peace and his body is

no longer in pain. Please remember the family during the next few difficult days. His visitation

will be a Clark Funeral Home on Saturday from 2-8 pm. And on Sunday from 1-6 pm. Funeral service will

be at 6 on Sunday. Rest in Peace Paw Paw Ray.

In Leiu of flowers the family is requesting donations be made to Georgia Kids Hunting for a cure

www.khfac.com.

This guy was my school bus driver for years, he was a great man. He always knew how to make the kids on the bus laugh. Its weird me and my friend that i rode the bus with, when i was little, just was talking about Ray like a week ago. Ray had little nick names for us and i had text my friend on her cell phone, calling her the nickname Ray had given her. She told me that I wasnt Ray and I couldnt call her that lol. Well rest in peace Ray I know you had been through alot, but now your in a better place with no pain. And I offer my Condolences to the family, this great man will be missed.

Green Meadow it is always a hard thing to know what to say to the special people in your life but i want you to know.I am so sorry to hear this news. Just wanted to let you know to my friend .That my heart will be with you at this time.

condolences20.gif

If you need anything please do let me know. :wub:

Just edited my post to add that the family is requesting that in leiu of flowers that a donation be made to

Georgia Kids Hunting for a Cure. www.gakhfac.com. Anyone that knew him would understand why this request

is being made. He loved his hunting trips but above all he loved children and helping them.

Thank you Everyone for your thoughts, kind words and prayers at this time. Anyone that has a story about

Ray please post it and I will share it with his wife.

Aileen

When you are sorrowful look again in your heart, and you shall see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight. ~Kahlil Gibran

My sympathy to you and your family. Aileen, you are in my thoughts.

Wes

when I was younger my cousin, Lisa and I had a run in with him. I had a neighbor that was building a house and Lisa and I walked down there to look around. Well we picked flowers that we thought were wild flowers and left a trail back to my grandmothers house where we were visiting. (grandmother lived next door to me)

Turns out that people had been busting windows in the house so someone called the police that they saw us down there. It was Ray that came out. He had us sitting on our grandmothers porch talking to us. He was so nice yet had us scared half to death. Talking about how he could take us in to jail but he was not because he knew we were not breaking the windows....and why it was not safe for us to go down there without the friend of mine who was building the house.

He was so nice to us and I never forgot him. He had a great reputation around town and you knew he was one of the good guys. Anytime after that when I would see him he always called me a boy....with my pigtails and all. The kids always loved him. He had a heart of gold.

he will be missed.